• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted Third Edition: An-Teng

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon gives a long-suffering sigh. "I hate this plan," she mutters with an enmity born of experience as she draws Tempest Guardian and Eye of the Storm from their silk wraps. Immediately the wind picks up around her, whipping at her hair, the red and gold half-sari wrapped to her hips, and the loose pants beneath. She extends her arms to either side and flicks her Daiklaves to release the moonsilver hooked blades at their tips, raising one leg bent in the classic opening of Crane Style.

"Everything will be fine. How big could it be, really?"

If we don't end up fighting immediately, this can be used later.

4m Awareness Excellency

[dice]17679[/dice]

6i

Last edited by a moderator:
Various spirits accumulate next to Kyros, as each of them forms to guard their master. The drumming of the earth grows harsher as the mysterious horde begins to approach. By the time evidence of their passage is readily visible through the jungles, the ground vibrates with such intensity that i becomes difficult to hear ones own teeth rattle. What comes forth from the underbrush appears tobe a wide array of barely recognizable fauna, some even sporting human-like proportions rather than the norm. Parts of what looked like Raptors, Tigers, Hawks, Stags, Gorillas and various combinations of these and more could be picked out from the brushes. On many of the more bestial figures sat individuals that ranged in appearance from the impossibly majestic to the strikingly vicious. The sun itself seems to be blotted out by the gargantuan figure standing behind the mounted creatures. Now encircling those standing by the road.

Kiera can tell that she seems to have gone unnoticed in all the commotion as the march begins to halt. The camouflaged wagons seem to have avoided any interest from the passers by as well. From what the group can tell, if the strangers had a Tyrant Lizard it has since began a change into something else. The proportions and muscular distribution seem almost entirely different. The arms seem closer in proportion to an ape's than what would be normal for a reptile, in addition to an overall leaner, longer, and far far taller shape.

A voice booms into the area, sounding as if it comes from multiple directions, "Intent to stand in the way, hm? Curious. Who might you be?"

As it becomes clear that this is more than a single tyrant lizard they can ambush, Rising Tide moves out of hiding and surveys the approaching horde. She keeps her hand on her blade and a look of determination on her face.

Halcyon Dream

Wind whips Halcyon's hair as she struggles to keep any sign of the tumultuous tempest of fear in her heart from casting so much as a ripple on the placid surface of her features. To be fearless is impractical, but to allow the enemy the merest glimpse unthinkable. Perception is everything. She twirls her Daiklaves, her windswept words carrying over the din, "You have the honour of addressing Halcyon Dream, and by the power of the blood of Dragons coursing through my veins and in the name of the people of An-Teng, I will punish you!"

She brings her Daiklaves together above her head with a crash of thunder before pointing one at the towering twisted lizard, "No more will travellers fear your depredations."

Inspire Fear, Appearance 6 + Performance 5 + Harmonious Presence Meditation 3 + Unmatched Showmanship Style 6 + Appearance Bonus 3 + Stunt 2 = 25 + Masterful Performance Exercise [1m, +1 success, re-roll 1's]

[dice]17990[/dice]

Kyros

Letting the others do the talking for now, Kyros subtly shook his hands free from his sleeves and let his eyes go partially unfocused, widening his attention to encompass everything within his field of vision.

OOC

Spending 5m on Sensory Acuity Prana.

The animals seem a bit uneased by Halcyon's defiance as the Riders nervously begin quieting them. Things grew silent for a moment as the flesh of the the giant reptile began to ripple like the surface of a pond. A humanoid figure emerged from it, his shape features, and colors taking a moment to stabilize.

The man walking forth from the beast wore fine black slacks, with a well tailored black shirt and white tie. His hair shone silver, and his eyes burned with intensity. If it weren't for the water skin and ornate sword at his belt, the well dressed gentleman would appear entirely unprepared for the jungles and winding roads. When he speaks his voice seems to saturate the air with it's tone, the force and precision of his words feeling almost disturbing. "You stand here seeking to deal punishment? In the name of An Teng no less it seems. Tell me, young Dragon, why does one such as you still linger here? If you are indeed a Dragon-Blooded, then you are likely either a Dynast held in so little regard as to be left behind, a deserter, or a lucky backwoods mongrel. Judging from your name, I'd have to say the last sounds most likely... Also, miss Dream, under what context do you presume to challenge myself and my company, hm?"

OOC: for those wanting information on creatures and individuals now would be a good time for a int+occult roll and a perception+socialize roll for analyzing them.

Rising Tide frowns with a look of deep suspicion her face as she regards the strange man who can apparently walk out of tyrant lizards. "We are challenging you because of your repeated attacks on travelers along these roads, for the people you have killed and the lives you have ruined," she says with a look of fierce determination in her face as her hand shifts to the cold iron sword she picked up back in An-Teng.

Kiera stays silent, trusting in her Essence powers to keep her hidden until such time as she can make a well timed surprise attack.

[dice]18018[/dice]

[dice]18019[/dice]

The man lets out a hearty chuckle turning his eerie gaze toward Rising Tide. "For the people I've killed? If killing travelers is what ruffles the feathers of such a bold group, it's a wonder the guild, the non-guild slavers, the lintha, the highwaymen, the realm, and even the dead have been as successful as they have been. Clearly you know little to nothing of my business, so if you would be so kind as to step aside, I have a ship to catch. If not, I s'pose I could join the club and kill a few travelers for a change."

After a brief moment or so the beasts seem to have calmed down a tad but the Riders are slow to relax.

You can tell the man up front, obviously isn't feeling threatened, nor does he seem to be in a particular hurry. Right now, he seems content to engage in a social diversion. The other however are wary of an ambush after the threat from your two companions. They would be more inclined to attack were there not some sort of force at play in managing their reaction.

Magically speaking, the Riders are clearly Fae. Atleast two nobles, a lorelei, and some cataphracts. The wyld-touched animals don't appear to have significant latent supernatural qualities past the surface level mutations.

The Tyrant Lizard seems far more dextrous and graceful than normal, but likely not much changed in raw strength. It appears to be in the midst of a transitional process, however, and the stability of it is questionable.

The man speaking also is wearing an interesting ring on his left hand middle finger. Looks magical in someway. You also suspect there may be more significance to the water skin at his side than first glance might suggest.

Rising Tide glances nervously at Halcyon Dream. This was not the reaction she had expected from the faerie or whatever he is.

Kyros

Keeping himself ready for a possible fight, Kyros studied the stranger and those with him, looking for clues to their identity, and possible weaknesses to exploit.

Int + Occult check. Spending 5m to add 5 dice.

[dice]18039[/dice]

That's fucking bullshit.

[/spolier]

The man speaking for the horde of creatures does not show marks of being a Fae himself, he was at his core a human. Now, with obvious command over supernatural forces, you are certain he has tapped into sorcery. From what you've learned from your former teacher, and your teacher's own plans, this man has completed a first circle ascension ritual, tapping into powers of chaos in order to do so. You would need time to clarify what all this entails, but given enough research materials and reading time, you are certain you could ascertain some clues as to who and what he has become and is becoming.

Given the knowledge of his nature, you suspect three cues for graces on his person: The waterskin, the ring on his left hand, and the sword at his belt. All three of these seem fairly undeveloped compared to some of the graces on his entourage. Most notably absent is the staff. Given his entrance, and his confidence, you are fairly certain what stands before your companions is a mere glamour effect and the staff itself may be intentionally concealed on the real body.

As you finish your analysis, your eyes turn back to that piercing gaze. Perhaps it is just a strange side effect of his ascension, but nothing comes to mind on whether or not it is important. When you find the time, it could be worth researching.

For what was once a Tyrant Lizard, it would seem to you that the sorcerer bound it as a familiar and has started the process of shaping it to his wishes. Were you in his place, you find that it would be a reasonable starting point for construction one's own behemoth, given the resources at hand.

For the Riders, you don't believe their heart graces have been taken. Likely, this sorcerer has managed to win their allegiance through bargaining, contest, and/or abusing the letter of a deal. Even still, their tempered reaction feels very forced as you could detect a small trace of psychic pressure yourself, though it clearly only effects the entourage.

Halcyon Dream

"I assure you, were they at hand the Lintha, highwaymen, and unruly dead would join you. I fully intend to halt their depredations whenever they cross my path." Her eyes burn with an intensity every bit the equal of her foe, the storm around her rising in intensity to match her anger as she flashes the back of her right hand, showing the black tattoo that marks her as a citizen of Paragon. "I am an Emissary of Paragon enacting the will of the Prefect himself, not some lost egg. Your ship will simply have to wait. Your crimes are no less heinous for the shameful acts of your peers. Do you deny responsibility for the unlawful seizure and kidnapping of caravans on this road?"

Kyros

Sensing a distinct lack of remorse from the rider and a thirst for righteousness from his companions, Kyros estimated that things were likely to begin escalating very fast and very violently within the immediate future.

Wishing to be prepared for such an event, he began to subtly gather the Essence necessary to make a hard first strike.

Rolling Int+Occult as a Shape Sorcery action for Flight of the Brilliant Raptor. Deliberately not using any of my sorcery enhancing charms just yet, as I'll be forced to cast the spell.

EDIT: Derp, accidentally rolled only 3 dice on the first attempt. Added the rest of the dice pool in the second roll.

11/15 Sorcerous Motes gathered. Ouch, cutting it pretty close.

[dice]18052[/dice]

[dice]18053[/dice]

The sorcerer folds his arms, emotion draining from his expression. "No I don't deny it, but you can have them all back if you wish. Those thralls have no more use to me. If you are of Paragon, however, perhaps... hm... No, you don't seem to have what I need." The man sighs, waving over as a handful of hobgoblins, begin wheeling covered carts forward. "I'd have disposed of them earlier, but I do so hate to strew such trash about the place needlessly. I'm not one for making messes. I'd search the short one by the way. Had suspicious looking notes on her person when we found her." The man lazily waves his hand in a circle and points forward, many of the wyld horde begins to move forward around the group. The man continued to scan over the two before him, his hand stroking at his chin. "You two...aren't Dragon-Blooded are you? Most would know better than to stand so brazenly up against a force our size with your overwhelming lack of support...Curious."

Rising Tide looks at the covered carts with horror, "what have you done to them?" She asks angrily, her focus shifting back to the speaker at once, "why are they of no more use to you?" Her hand tightens around the cold iron sword at her side as she glares at the being before her.

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon looks at Rising Tide, then back at the not-Tyrant-Lizard, nodding to indicate she seconds the question. "You are a fool, or merely fatally overconfident if you believe a horde of Hobgoblins and a Raksha are any match for two experienced Princes of the Earth," she declares indignantly, "Regardless, we have reinforcements, as you ought to know. When we hunt we do not ride alone. If the prisoners are genuinely unharmed, this will be factored very positively in your sentencing for their kidnapping."

Rising Tide draws herself up. On most slender girls clearly still in their teens, it would look ridiculous, but the young Dawn manages to convey strength and determination while keeping her silent, judging gaze on the creature before them.

Activating Increasing Strength Exercise for 3 peripheral motes. Since 3<5, this does not cause any kind of flare.

Willpower: 5/5

Personal: 13/13

Peripheral: 25/25 (33)

Anima: Dim

Active: Increasing Strength Exercise (3m).

The supposed mastermind scowled in disappointment, "I'd thought you might be smarter than that, seems I was wrong. If it's a fight you want, I'll see that you get one. Knowing how messy these skirmishes get, I make no promises of preventing collateral damage to your precious 'victims.' Though I won't waste my breath threatening you with them. Unless you are indeed as foolish as your threats and promises of justice imply, you'd know those parasitic vermin are not worthy of blood spilled for their redemption. So... What'll it be? Do you insist on exacting your will upon me or will you be content with a return of used goods and leave like good little dragonlings, hm?" He finished with a chuckle.

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon tightens her grip on her swords and shakes her head, "You will not evade judgement for your crimes, sir. Your choices have brought you here, and now you face one more: You may drive yourself inexorably to meet my blade, or stand and face the weight of your sins. I suspect I already know your choice, and which of us is the fool. I should expect little more from inhuman monsters pretending at civilization."

"So be it then." The man said lazily. His hand lifted into the air gave a standard charge signal. Each of the Raksha present snap forward on their monstrous steeds as if they'd been on hold from the beginning, ready to drive their blades home over the pair of 'Dragon-Blooded'. As the fair folk bare down, the illusion acting on behalf of their leader disperses into tiny motes of light.

OOC: Roll join battle if you haven't already.

Rising Tide feels as though she has been preparing for this moment for her entire life. When she was dancing aimlessly as a child, she was preparing herself for this, when she was cleaning up the details of her calligraphy as an adolescent, she was preparing herself for this, and when Black Cliff's Edge taught her how to wield her father's sword, she was preparing herself for this. Finally, she is standing against the enemies of Creation, and by the Dragons, she will stand tall and proud, and she will strike them down!

Assuming a stunt for my join battle roll. If that's an unfair assumption, subtract the last two dice from my roll. Spending 4 Peripheral motes on the second awareness excellency.

JB: 11 (base) + 4 (excellency) + 2 (stunt): 17 dice => 10 sux

Sword JB: 11 (base) => 5 sux

[dice]18194[/dice]

[dice]18246[/dice]

Willpower: 5/5

Personal: 3/3 (13)

Peripheral: 21/25 (33)

Anima: Dim

Active: Increasing Strength Exercise (3m), Single Point Shining Into the Void Form (10m).

Kiera watches silently, waiting for the best opportunity to attack from surprise.

[dice]18195[/dice]

Kyros

Setting his sights on the Sorcerer's Tyrant Lizard, Kyros readied his spell. At the same time, two of his demons phased in to existence. "Beware." He said, "Our foe is likely glamoured. Keep your wits about you."

[dice]18213[/dice]

+3 auto successes is 5 successes total.

[dice]18254[/dice]

+3 auto successes is 6 total.

[dice]18255[/dice]

+3 auto successes is 4 total.

The front line of raksha charge on their monstrous steeds, blades gleam in what rays of sun pierce the canopy of greenery projecting harsh flashes of light down upon those before their march. The goblins, their officers and their beast-slaves step quickly behind seeking to pile over the would be attackers and slaughter them like chaff. The giant among sits still, large winds begin to raise in an upward spiraling breeze over time as the forces move beneath.

[dice]18479[/dice]

[dice]18480[/dice]

[dice]18481[/dice]

[dice]18482[/dice]

[dice]18483[/dice]

[dice]18484[/dice]

[dice]18485[/dice]

[dice]18486[/dice]

[dice]18487[/dice]

[dice]18488[/dice]

[dice]18489[/dice]

[dice]18490[/dice]