• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted Third Edition: An-Teng

Rykon

Four Thousand Club
It has been 5 years since the Empress has disappeared. The world is in turmoil. Pirates, demons, fae, dead, and especially the moon touched horrors of legend are reported to grow closer to the blessed isle with each passing day. The tolerated tyranny of the Dragon-Blooded Dynasty slowly recedes, taking their divine powers with them. The people have cried out to the gods for aid in these troubled times, perhaps you have found yourself in such hardship, with all that you once knew being suddenly turned upon its head. After the conquest of Thorns, hope seemed lost to threshold states, that is until folks like you appeared. A summons had sounded from the heavens as heroes began to emerge from obscurity. It was in this era in which the vision came to you.

What your patron had shown or told you is for you to know, but one thing stuck out at the end. Your mind's eye scans down upon creation from above, you see dens pouring out a dark miasma killing off the surrounding life from within thick jungles, high peaks, and wide meadows. your focus stops in the south and west, where several dark poxes began to fester and rupture with a foreign presence. As your view traces over it, it follows the paths of the forests, mountains, and jungles to the City of the Steel Lotus, where you find a signpost jutting out from a building showing a painting of faded map, and a stylized box filled with coins of jade.

Since then, you have come to know a power unlike any you have ever witnessed. And not long afterward, whether by choice or by chance, you find yourself looking at the gates of the city in your dream.

Halcyon Dream leans forward, one foot perched precipitously on the bow of the pleasure barge as it rounds the bend and brings the jewel of An-Teng into view, one hand grasping the thin wire strung with brightly coloured flags to keep herself from pitching face first into the river below. She laughs, a high, clear, melodious sound, and as she smiles the morning clouds part, the noonday sun sparkling off the gentle waves. "Beautiful..." she murmurs to herself. Small cooling breezes play at her hair, the folds of her loose embroidered silk gown, and her silver sapphire earrings, despite the perfectly still air and oppressive humidity. The red silk wrap around the daiklaves on her left hip ripples gently like a sail unfurled.

To her right, and comfortably within the hull, sits Lieutenant Serried Grace, a woman who was almost defined by the word, 'sharp'. She is possessed of high, angular, features, a piercing gaze continuously dissecting her environs, incisive wit, straight cut hair tied back in a simple but elegant braid, a short sword, and a hand to wield it as studiously honed as its edge. Halcyon is well aware that Serri has been assigned to her not for the edge of her blade but the edge of her mind and attention to detail.

To her left, Captain Sinhala of the Righteous Urn family, a portly man in a bright yellow robe shaded and fanned by attendants. Despite his relaxed demeanour and languid motions his shrewd eyes were always searching for a new opportunities - certainly embodied in a newly arrived Prince of the Earth. "Yes, Emissary, is it not a splendid picture of grace and sophistication? Since the founding of Steel Lotus, esteemed guests such as yourself have enjoyed its hospitality," he opines, gesturing towards the city with a silk fan. "It would be my honour to find someone to introduce you to its many wonders. Why, I'm certain my nephew would be just the lad. Knows these streets like the back of his hand."

Halcyon smiles and pulls herself back aboard, gracefully swooping down to place two quick kisses on the Captain's cheeks as she passes. "I can't sightsee yet, Captain," she admonishes with a wink, patting the three scroll cases bouncing at her right hip. "I must present these letters of introduction to the Prince's court, the Satrap's court, and the Ambassador first. Propriety must be observed in all matters of state."

She could clearly recall kneeling with barely contained excitement while the Perfect signed the letters drafted by the Minister for Harmonious Accord. Her assignment was as clear as it was simple: Leave a lasting positive impression of Paragon in the minds of the people of An-Teng, by any means necessary. The Perfect emphasized this: The Satrap was of little concern. The winds were changing, and a new era required new friends, and quickly. She had effectively been given carte blanche to embark upon a great adventure to become a hero of the people, and do a great service in securing her nation much needed allies in a time of troubling turmoil within the mighty Realm in the process. She understood the great sacrifice he made, and concomitant burden of duty placed upon her, in denying him her services at home, even briefly, and she would not disappoint him.

As the dockhands tied up the barge and extended the gangplank she bid farewell to each of the guests individually, and to the Captain again, making arrangements for her several trunks of possessions to be safely stored until she found accommodations. She immediately draws the attention of those on the quayside, a large crowd already forming, jostling to see the new Prince of the Earth. Stepping ashore with Serri at her side she waves enthusiastically to the onlookers as she drinks in the sights, sounds, and smells of the bustling dockside markets. "Oh! Serri!" she exclaims, grasping her hand, "Do you think they have sugar here?"

Last edited by a moderator:
On the outskirts of the City, Kyros dispassionately observed as the Blood Apes consumed the most recent assassin sent after him by his old master. It had been the second attempt this month, and Kyros was beginning to wonder if the old man would eventually grow desperate enough to send the Dragon-Blooded after him.

To deter any further assassins, Kyros had given the Blood Apes permission to consume the bodies of his assailants. Originally he had simply left the bodies there, only one or two going to the Blood Apes for consumption (they needed to learn discipline), but he was certain that he was being tracked now, and it was time to remove all evidence he had been here.

Once the demons were finished, Kyros pocketed any useful or valuable items they might have had for him to sell. Quality steel was always valuable, and that, combined with offerings he was usually given when he performed some minor blessing on a township or homestead in his passing, had ensured he was quite wealthy.

Valuables secured, Kyros began to walk towards the city gates, intent on getting lost in the crowd, and hopefully losing whatever agent that was tracking him in the mix of people.

It was time to start laying the foundation for his comeback.

Rising Tide

Beyond the crowd that has gathered to watch the arriving spectacle of pleasure barge, emissary and Prince of the Earth, a far small group is assembled. Here rather than hushed murmur at unearthly beauty or roaring approval, it is the rhythmic clack-clack-clack of wood striking wood that is the dominating sound. "Higher!" a deceptively diminutive woman calls out as she circles her opponent. "Better," she comment as the young boy attacks once more, only for her to dance out of his way with an easy grace and elegance that seems out of place even in the practice yard. "Still too slow, though," she adds with amusement in her voice as her wooden sword hits his buttocks and sends him out into the circle of hopeful students she has gathered over the last few weeks she has been in the City of the Steel Lotus. The woman, girl really, is dressed in a simple loose red tunic and wide black skirt, offering her freedom of movement and protection from the always burning southern sun, something she clearly needs with her pale complexion.

She picks up the wooden sword her student so recently dropped and offers it to another young boy in the crowd, keeping its partner in her hand and the black jade weapon on which it is modeled strapped on her back. When she arrived in the city, she was lost for a time, until she saw some of these young boys playing hopelessly with wooden sticks in the street, and some of the others beating innocents with other sticks. Since then, she has found some meaning in teaching them the discipline to use their strength of a better cause, and the skill to stand up to bigger boys with bigger sticks.

As the newest recruit charges forward with more enthusiasm than skill, she spares a few glances for the newly arrived barge and the crowd gathered around the disembarking women, even the best of these are not nearly enough to occupy all of her attention.

At the docks, a tall lanky individual with dark hair and very thin waxed mustache approaches those disembarking. "From the flags, I can tell you all sailed from Paragon, yes? Do you have your papers with you, uh..." He asks in a deep yet nasal accent. His head peers over those disembarking in effort to discern who might have answers for him.

The student sparring with Rising Tide sees the mild distraction as he too appears as though his focus slips momentarily. Suddenly, he feints as if it seemed he was being driven to the ground. Instead, the young boy slides, aiming for a leg grapple. The sparring sword whirled through the air, with another student behind him catching it and trying to drive a new strike home. "For Freedom!" They shout almost sarcastically.

As Kyros approaches the land gates, there seems to a be a very busy crowd at the front of a covered caravan. The grumpy attitudes are only topped by an even grumpier yeddim. The guards, and those within the city suddenly burst into a raucous guffaw as a man stomps away from the irritated beast covered in a fluid that you can only hope is yeddim spit. The gaggle of people seems to be intermingling and the guards seem preoccupied with both inspecting the caravan shipment and quieting the burdened yeddim dissenter.

Rising Tide

Keeping her gaze at the distraction the two boys so cleverly exploited, Tide cracks a small smile as she dances out of the way of the first boy's leg grapple and brings the practice sword up behind her, parrying her new attacker's strike through nothing more than the disturbance in the air caused by his intemperate motions. "Good," she says after disarming the backstabber-hopeful, "I've been waiting too long for one of you to realize that it's impossible to win if you only fight the way your opponent expects you to. That doesn't mean you don't need to learn the fundamentals," she adds, turning her eyes and her wooden sword at the failed leg-grabber, "your fundamentals suck." She looks up again at the crowd and the newly arrived ship, "does any of you know what the fuss is up there?"

Halcyon Dream

"Emissary Halcyon Dream, of Paragon," she proudly flashes the eye tattooed on the back of her hand. Halcyon looks briefly perplexed, then looks over her shoulder and blushes slightly. "Ah. Those. We were celebrating, I had Jaya make those and put them up there in jest. I assure you, the good Captain would be quite disturbed to discover his barge and its passengers were no longer Tengese," she says with a grin. "I made port in Dragon's Jaw three days ago and purchased passage upriver. Lieutenant, do you still..." Halcyon turns to see Serried Grace already has already produced the document in question for the mustachioed official, a wry smile on her face. "Yes, you do," observes Halcyon, distractedly.

She rises onto her tiptoes to try to see over the crowd, but this achieves little. Frustrated, she jumps two metres into the air to see the city over the throngs of people. "All roads!" she exclaims, disappointed, as she drifts slowly downward, long billowing sleeves catching a sudden gust of wind, landing lightly on her feet. "I had expected canals. I had hoped to enjoy a leisurely gondola ride. Excuse me commissioner, I didn't catch your name, but might you be able to procure me transportation to the palace? Oh! Do you have an elephant? I've never seen one." She smiles winningly.

Allowing his curiosity to get the better of him, Kyros moved towards the incoming barge to see what the fuss was about. It looked very resplendent, and perhaps if he was lucky, there might be a wealthy patron of sufficient social status that he could cosy up to and use to further his own agenda.

Rising Tide

"Well, isn't that interesting," Rising Tide mutters to herself as the new arrival to the City of the Steel Lotus jumps up in the air with a force quite beyond that of mere mortals. "Sorry guys," she says with a glance around the crowd, "I think we'll have to cut this session short." Such a casual display of power from someone obviously not a Dynast was quite extraordinary for this city, or indeed most cities as far as she could understand. Picking up the two wooden swords and tying them together beneath Crashing Wave, she starts making her way towards the quay where Halcyon Dream's pleasure barge has landed.

Kiera stretches in the saddle of her horse as the caravan approaches the city, her white hair flashing in the sunlight. Finally! It's about time we got here. I think my saddle sores have saddle sores. The only one that doesn't seem to be too concerned one way or the other is Whiskers. The cute little guy is curled up in a little kitty-ball with feathers on the back of the horse, basking and snoozing in the warm sunbeams.

As the caravan makes its way through the city gates, Kiera works her way over until she is riding next to the wagon of the caravan leader. "Master Goodwin, I must once more thank you for your hospitality on this journey. Your company has been quite pleasant, despite the many games of Gateway I have lost to you."

The balding Guildsman nods and smiles. "I only look like a bumkin, but when money is on the table, I play like a grand master! It was good to have you along with us, Mistress Kiera. I hope you find what you have been looking for here in An-Teng, and if you ever need to hitch a ride with me, you are welcome to do so."

She nods and tosses over the last of the agreed upon payment, then Kiera tips her hat and breaks off from the main body of the caravan.

With a sleepy yawn, Whiskers finally sits up. Are we finally here? Don't forget you promised me some fresh tuna once we get settled in.

"I have not forgotten, you greedy gut. It sometimes surprises me that you can still fly with as much food as you eat!"

Its not my fault; it takes a lot of energy to flap these wings, and be this cute.

"Indeed. Well, let us find a room, let me get my bath, then we can go find the Guild Proctor and see about our payment for delivering this trinket." Her hands idly brush up against the pouch that holds a small jade statue that she recently acquired for some rich buyer here in town. Kiera suspects that it is a artifact of some kind; probably for a Dragon Blooded living here. So long as their coin spends, she doesn't care.

After asking for directions to a good establishment from a passing city guard, the Exalt makes her way through the city streets until she comes to the inn. A page comes running out to take her horse, and she slips him a coin from her purse with instructions on taking care of her mount, then she goes inside. After checking in, Kiera makes her way to the bathhouse with a purpose: to remove the layer of road dust and sweat before she offends herself with the smell.

Once her bath is done and she is once more appropriately dressed, Kiera looks at herself in the room's mirror to make sure that her various knives were well secured and hidden away, ready for trouble. Her most prized weapon takes its place on her wrist where the chakram is easily accessed. "Come along, Whiskers. Lets go meet our contact and get paid."

The Docks

Speaking now to Halcyon herself, the official continues with introductions. "Ah, I am minister Zhuan Ji of the bureau of diplomacy. I am here to ensure safe passage of your entourage in addition to administrating the records relating to this visit. For one such as yourself, our retainers should be capable of handling the details. It sounds to me, like you seem more interested in seeing the fine city yes?" he pauses for a moment as he motions to some of the standing guard force to clear a path to a covered drawn wagon. The vehicle itself seems very plush and clean for transportation pulled by horses, it's colors a mix of red and gold, clearly indicating imperial deference by the subtle heraldry incorporated into the aesthetic embellishments.

The children line up behind Tide. One of them, an older boy, eyeing the crowd through a small looking glass. "Seems to be foreign visitors, not realmies though, unfortunately. For all the whining some of us are so fond of, things feel a lot less safe with such a minimal imperial presence to deter what creatures would prey upon us..." He eyed some of the other kids. "S'good havin folk like you around though, helpin us take care of ourselves an all."

Along the shore, pedestrians are being pushed from the road side, in order to make room for a carriage to pass. Luckily, these are local guards with a mostly local crowd. Things appear to be fairly quiet and calm given the number of people packing together to gawk at the fancy foreigners.

The City Proper

Kiera easily finds a clean cozy chamber for her in a guild run establishment for the moderately wealthy caravan goers. Room service seems fairly busy, especially with gossip of an important foreign visit at the dock side. It is easy to pick up the rumors of possible, but unlikely, Dragon-Blooded arriving on the ship itself. It is also easy to detect the hope for more of a Dragon-Blooded presence by some.

With word that there are important visitors at the dock makes Keira wonder if one of them is the mystery buyer for the statute she is carrying. Not that it matters; the Empress herself could be the buyer and Keira wouldn't care too much.

Heading out through the city, the thief heads towards the Guild offices, that just happen to be near the docks. This way, I can check out the action at the harbor and still be able to make my appointment with the middleman.

The City

As you head toward the guild offices you see the sign from the vision. You see both a guild emblem and a banner stating "Office of Transportation and Exploration" upon the building. Though the facility itself seems fairly modest in comparison to what one might expect for a major guild office, however. Based upon the intelligence you have on your contact, they should be working inside now.

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon's manner changes immediately, back straight, features a picture of dignified grace. "Minister Ji, I apologize for any impropriety." She clasps the Minister's right hand with her own in the traditional Paragonian style, arm bent, palm facing towards her face so the tattoo on the back of the right hand is clearly visible. "On behalf of my people and the Perfect, please allow me to thank you once again for your generous hospitality in permitting my visit. I expect we will see much of one another in the coming months, and hope to have many opportunities to repay this gesture of friendship in kind," she says earnestly before releasing his hand. A smile lights up her face as she continues, "I admit I am eager to explore the city and meet its people, but as a foreign dignitary it would be improper for me to delay my presentation to the court unduly. I am a guest of the Prince, and he deserves to know who walks his halls. Once I have presented myself, he may of course receive me at his leisure, and while I wait you can be certain I will be acquainting myself with your fine city."

She nods to the Minister and strides confidently down the cordon cleared for her. Instead of entering the carriage she leaps up to the coachman's platform and then up to the rooftop, one foot perched on the head of a decorative tiger, and turns to address the crowd. She places her left hand on the hilt of one of her daiklaves and a sudden wind whips her hair dramatically, her manner radiating reassuring confidence, majesty, and warmth, studying the crowd carefully while she waits for a silence swiftly imposed by her awe inspiring magnetism. "People of An-Teng, I am Halcyon Dream, Emissary of Paragon. I have been honoured with a mission of cultural exchange to strengthen the tie of peace and friendship between our peoples. I humbly seek to learn as much as I can of your rich culture and history; your hopes and dreams; your traditions and beliefs; and I fully intend to enjoy every minute of it," she finishes with a smile that shouts her enthusiasm at the prospect to the heavens. She holds one hand extended as if to forestall some grievous fate, "I wish to dispel immediately any notion that I will merely delight in your music and savour your fine cuisine from some plush seraglio - which isn't to say I won't do any of that," she winks mischievously. "I will endeavour to meet as many of you as possible, to witness the true beauty of An-Teng, and to place my not inconsiderable abilities at your disposal, making your lives safer and more pleasant wherever I can. I have been Chosen by the Dragons to serve, and I will work hard to make everywhere I visit just a little bit better for my presence." She bows deeply, embodying humility and resolute dedication to her cause, "Thank you all for your hospitality and such a warm welcome."

Inspire Hope and Change, Performance + Appearance

Graceful Crane Stance (2m, Personal), Masterful Performance Exercise (2m, Personal), Unmatched Showmanship Style (Max Excellency)

Performance 5 + Appearance 6 + 1 Success (MPE) + 9 (Max Performance Excellency) = 20 dice, 1 Success

Minor stunt makes 22

[dice]16001[/dice]

[dice]16002[/dice]

[dice]16003[/dice]

[dice]16004[/dice]

If assumptions were correct, 19 hits before stunt bonus, if any. Damn. Would have been 26+ if I had been singing instead of giving a speech. I guess that will teach me to make everything a musical.

The normally cynical Kiera feels strangely upbeat and optimistic as the woman finishes her speech. With her keen eye, she spots the distinctive hilts of a pair of daiklaves on her hip, marking her as some sort of Exalt. Probably a Dragon Blooded, and who knows? Perhaps she is my secret buyer for my goods. She joins in the applause from the crowd, looking about at the people around her, all enraptured with the Exalt on the coach. Well, enough gawking. Time to do some business. Kiera turns to head into the offices to make her meeting with Whiskers wrapped around the back of her neck keeping a lookout for trouble. Or tuna. Preferably tuna.

She walks in and stops at the receptionist. "The Lady Valen to see Master Olaz. I am expected."

Kyros watched the procession of foreign nobles with a thoughtful eye. In theory, he could carve out a niche for himself in the City of Steel Lotus on his own, and expand that niche in to something more influential with time.

However, he would have a much easier time if he allied with one of the noble figures of the City. Despite the ease at which it came to him, Sorcery was a rare and valuable tool, and having a court magician would give any noblemen a serious advantage over his or her peers.

Currently, one of the noblewoman was making a spectacle of herself. Though he had no true ties to the City and was not fully moved, it was difficult not to feel optimistic about the future at her words. In Kyro's mind, that meant she had a talent for influencing the masses, and it would be useful to have someone like that backing him.

Rising Tide

Emotions such as she has not felt them since that night she found her father's sword and was forced to flee from her home fills Rising Tide's heart. Silent tears come unbidden to her eyes and the edges of her mouth curve upwards in a small, private smile. She knows the woman is not talking to her, not really, and that she probably won't have anything to do with her, but the feeling of hope that she spreads is infectious. Standing here, listening to that singular figure of grace and beauty, she cannot help but think that there is hope that all good things, even those she had previously thought impossible, will come to pass. Muttering some minimally polite excuse, she hurries away from her students and the crowd. She needs to find some good paper, good ink, a good brush, and a courier who can be trusted to place a letter in her mother's hand and no other.

The Docks

The crowd, stone silent during the speech, suddenly erupts in thunderous applause. Minister Ji nods in respect as he offers his hand to assist Halcyon off the top of the carriage and into the seating compartment.

Once the carriage is underway, the Minister begins explaining some of the history and political structure of the town. Specifically, he mentions each of the three Princes by name (Laxhander of the Glorious Reign for the shore lands, Kiotaran for the middle, and Josei of Notable Genius for the highlands), and the interaction of their authority with that of the Satrap. Lately Satrap Ragara Soras Jor has withdrawn much of his attention from local affairs and has started toward some degree of autonomy to the three princes.

The trip itself is fairly smooth, fresh wine and snacks are available, which helps ease the tedium of the frequent stops. Many of the offices at which the carriage stops, curiously many of them are guild ran agencies. Among these stops You come across the image of the vision, the Office of Transportation and Exploration.

Soon afterwards word of Halcyon will hit the street and the "people" of An-Teng as whole will gain a Minor Tie's to Halcyon, the general attitude being respect, though some individuals present have gained Attraction/Lust.

As usual, players would have their own intimacies affected in what ever way seems appropriate for the character.

The City

Rising Tide also comes across the office from the vision on her way through town to send off the letter. Odd that you hadn't really been able to find it until now.

When Kiera walks into the building, she sees a man in a a brown coat standing over some maps stroking at his chin as if trying to solve some great enigma. At the mention of the name, someone pipes up from the back, "Oi, in here" The room where Olaz is sitting is lined with filing cabinets encircling a desk with towers of parchments on both sides. "What have ya got for me?"

Kiera smiles warmly. "Ah, Master Olaz. I have a darling little trinket that I heard may be of interest to a buyer in this area." She pulls out the small statute from her pouch with a flourish. "I came across this at no small bit of effort in my part. I do hope your client here can appreciate that fact." Setting the jade carving down in front of the merchant with a smile, she rubs her hands together.

Olaz grins, "Aye, one of the buyers will, by the time the sharks finish climbing over each other for it. I can run it through the official relics channel, my cut is the usual 5% off the sales price. If ye need an advance on the sale though I can offer 2 dirhams worth of coin up front until you get the rest of the final payment is resolved for an additional 1% charge. So, what'll it be?"

Kiera smiles. The thought of all that money makes her feel all warm and tingly inside. "No need for the advance; I have plenty of operating cash on me and with my notes of credit through the Guild bank. I can easily wait for the final sale, and I have complete confidence in you, Master Olaz." Her eyes fall upon the bottle of wine on the table. "Shall we toast to a successful business arrangement? While I'm in town, perhaps you can tell me the latest gossip."

Rising Tide

She had not touched a calligraphy brush since she left her home behind that terrible and wondrous night, so it is with great trepidation that she picks it up now, carefully holds the long sleeve of her tunic out of the way, and moves the thick brush across the paper with the utmost care. Once she has begun, she cannot seem to stop, every thought, every dream, and every worry she has had since leaving her mother behind in Arjuf comes pouring out of her, her emotions subtly visible to those who know her well in the tilt of the characters and the hesitance of the strokes.

Of course, she writes nothing that is directly incriminating. No Blasphemy, no names, no places. If one did not know better, one would think this was nothing more than a letter home from a daughter who misses her mother, and hopefully that is all anyone who might intercept this will read. Rising Tide wraps the parchment up carefully in an elaborate scroll case, thaumaturgically enchanted to only open for the intended recipient. Anyone else would have to smash open the carefully constructed cylinder of wood and ivory.

Placing the case in the bag she carries strung over her shoulder, the young Bronze Tiger heads out into the City of the Steel Lotus. When she comes upon the sign and the door from her vision, she halts in her tracks, clearly stunned by its sudden occurrence. Could this be a sign? With lines of concern marring her young face, she steps forward and opens the door.

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon drinks in the surrounding city and the delightful wine as she half-listens to Minister Ji's lecture. She's been briefed on most of this, and Serri will doubtless inform her of anything pertinent she failed to attend to. Her eyes widen as they alight on the sign. "Transportation and Exploration..." she murmurs quietly to herself. "Why, this sounds like quite my cup of tea, Minister Ji," she laughs, "I imagine I will have much need of the former while doing a great deal of the latter." She looks slightly guilty as she bites her lip and rings for the carriage door to be opened, stepping out and stretching in the sun. "I imagine the Prince won't be too incensed if I take a small detour to learn about all of the exciting places I might go in his fair fiefdom or that of his peers."

She catches the door before it closes, stepping in beside the soldier - No, not quite. No uniform, still armed, mercenary? Perhaps a caravan guard - and smiling apologetically, "Excuse me." She takes in the scene before her slowly, hand rising to cover her mouth as she pores over the array of artfully drawn maps. "Oh, how lovely."

Rising Tide

Until the other woman passes by her on her way into the building, Tide has entirely failed to notice Halcyon Dream's carriage, to say nothing of the emissary herself. When she finally does, she blinks, faint droplets forming at the edge of her eyes again as the same feeling of hope she had before surges back into her heart. "You... You're her. The woman from the docks," she says, her voice heavy with emotion. "Thank you," she says, smiling earnestly.

When Halcyon comes in, Kiera immediately recognizes her as the speaker that made her feel so motivated earlier. I knew it! She must be the buyer that Matter Olaz has lines up for the statute.

"Master Olaz, you seem to have more guests. Perhaps they writes be willing to join us for that drink?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back