• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted Third Edition: An-Teng

14 Glorious Aegis, Cataphract

13 Rising Tide

12 Emperor of the Law Binding Blade, Noble

12 Murderous Grace, Cataphract

12 Hobgoblin Hero, Frejor

12 Hobgoblin Hero, Zroknir

10 Majestic Rampage, Cataphract

08 Sword, Rising Tide

08 Kiera

08 Hobgoblin Hero, Brekagnis

08 Hobgoblin Hero, Thargrond

08 Hobgoblin Hero, Hrok'Nosh

08 Wyld-Beast Horde

06 Halcyon Dream

06 Hobgoblin Horde

05 Kyros

05 Prince of the Cutting Rain, Noble

05 Heart Wrenching Melody, Lorelei

04 Hobgoblin Hero, Drakansh

03 Blood Ape

03 Blood Ape

03 Blood Ape

02 Agata

02 Agata

?? Omen Vessel

?? Proto-Behemoth

Glorious Aegis, a Cataphract, urgers his mount forward and raises his dreamforged blade. He whips it downward toward Halcyon Dream in a glittering streak then turns to face the two as the near chimeric beast lands and turns toward the prey.

[dice]18504[/dice]

OOC: Halcyon Dream's chance to defend.

EDIT: Derp, miss by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Rising Tide

The tiniest shiver runs through the young Dawn Caste as her first real battle begins around her, and in the moment lost to that shiver, the first of her foes strike down the woman who has shown such determination, and given such hope. Horror, training, talent, and dimly-remembered experience from ages long past kick her into motion, and the wicked blade of cold-forged iron leaps from its scabbard at her side. With fire burning in her eyes and her mouth a fierce line, Rising Tide dances forward, her movement graceful as a stream through rocks, but the wetness she leaves behind is of blood, not water.

As she finds herself in the midst of her enemies, it is all she can do not to look back to Halcyon Dream, but no doubt the more experienced woman can handle a single Cataphract on her own, she is one Chosen by the Dragons after all, what are these Raksha to one such as her?

Activating Liquid Steel Flow for my 3 remaining Personal motes and 2 further Peripheral. I then proceed to make a Withering Attack on Majestic Rampage and boost it with 2 Excellency dice from my Peripheral pool and 1 wp.

Attack: 13 (base) + 2 (stunt) + 2 (Excellency) + 1 sux (LSF against an opponent with less Initiative) + 1 sux (wp) = 17 dice + 2 sux + any sux from stunt => 14 sux + any from stunts!

[dice]18505[/dice]

Damage: 14 (base) + 1 (ISE) + 5 (LSF) = 20 dice +7 from attack - 14 from soak +2 from stunt => 6 damage.

[dice]18506[/dice]

[dice]18507[/dice]

I'll spend another point of WP to extend LSF to the whole Scene.

Willpower: 5/5

Personal: 0/0 (13)

Peripheral: 17/23 (33)

Anima: Dim

Active: Increasing Strength Exercise (3m), Single Point Shining Into the Void Form (10m), Liquid Steel Flow.

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon's face is set in grim determination as the first of the enemy bears down upon her. Much as she might dislike violence, she is resolute in her defiance once battle has been joined. "Your advance on Steel Lotus stops here, monster!" she cries as she sweeps one blade wide, summoning a gust of wind that causes the great predator beast to misstep. She catches the descending dreamforged blade with the flowing moonsilver hook at the tip of her paired daiklave. With a flourish she continues her twist, sending beast and rider plowing through the earth behind her as she reasserts her stance back to back with Rising Tide, prepared to defend her fellow Prince of the Earth while she cleaves through the horde.

Full Defence, Parry DV 8, -1i

Will reflexively Defend Other Rising Tide with a Charm if she's attacked.

Emperor of the Law-Binder Blade attacks Halcyon with his dreamcutter. (Withering)

Murderous Grace and Frejor fire arrows toward Halcyon. (both Withering)

Zroknir takes a swing with his great-axe toward Halcyon. (Decisive)

Next to act: Rising Tide's Sword, Kiera, Brekagnis, Thargrond, Hrok'Nosh, Wyld Beast Horde.

[dice]18612[/dice]

[dice]18613[/dice]

[dice]18614[/dice]

[dice]18615[/dice]

Rising Tide

She is alone in the midst of her enemies, her blade has cut into the flesh of a being whose very purpose is to suck the will and purpose from the people of Creation. It is exhilarating, it is terrifying, and Rising Tide knows that she has found the true medium of her art. Her blade leaves the glamoured flesh of the Cataphract, rising to one toe, she halts her momentum and pirouettes around, narrowly avoiding the claw of a magnificent tiger-beast. Her blade moves almost of its own volition, crashing into Majestic Rampage's unprotected back, and the young Dawn Caste's eyes widen in fear as she sees the rampage of Faeries closing in on Halcyon Dream.

Another Withering Attack on Majestic Rampage which I am spending 1 wp and 2 Peripheral motes to grant two total autosux.

Attack: 13 (base) + 2 (stunt) + 1 sux (wp) + 1 sux (excellency) = 15 dice + 3 sux + any sux from stunt => 8 sux + any from stunts

[dice]18616[/dice]

I'm assuming he's at -1 from Onslaught. No assumptions about my own stunt beyond level 1.

Damage: 14 (base) + 1 (ISE) + 5 (LSF) = 20 dice +2 from attack - 14 from soak => 8 dice +1 from stunt => 4 damage

[dice]18617[/dice]

[dice]18618[/dice]

Willpower: 5/5

Personal: 0/0 (13)

Peripheral: 15/23 (33)

Anima: Dim

Active: Increasing Strength Exercise (3m), Single Point Shining Into the Void Form (10m), Liquid Steel Flow (5m).

Halcyon Dream

Halcyon closes her eyes and takes a deep breath to center herself, a tranquil pool at the center of the storm raging around her. She feels the gentle breeze against her cheek as the great crystal Law-Binder Blade glances off her angled klaive and hurtles into the ground, trailing pages from some ancient codex a lost civilization. She grasps this breeze with her will, and spinning with the momentum of her parry conjures it into a howling gale into which are swept the green balefire haloed arrows of Murderous Grace, the fanged and feathered horrors loosed from Frejor's bow, and the weathered pages cast off the Law-Binder Blade, sending them swirling around her in a shield of feathered death, forcing Zroknir to turn and parry furiously lest it take the full brunt of their collective wrath.

"You are as children fighting the storm. Who can strike the wind?" she asserts calmly, an unassailable swirl of green silk, red braids, and shining gold jewellery. She flashes a reassuring smile to Rising Tide as she regains her stance, perched delicately on one leg, blades at the ready, armoured only in the storm.

Holy fuck 17 dice without excellencies. Light weapon and 7 Dex? Lame that they all avoided attacking Rising Tide. I get a very mote efficient turn long +2 to DV if even one of them had. Would have made this super easy. They're lucky I don't have my Form.

DV 7 + 2 Full Defence + Stunt Value + 1 (2m Ex) - Onslaught:

9 (2m Peripheral) + WP + Stunt vs 10

8 (2m Peripheral) + Stunt vs 9

7 (2m Personal) + Stunt vs 7

5 + Stunt vs 4

The first attack misses

The Second misses

Third attack misses.

Fourth Attack misses

Zroknir loses 3 Initiative.

20 Rising Tide

18 Sword, Rising Tide

14 Glorious Aegis, Cataphract

12 Emperor of the Law Binding Blade, Noble

12 Murderous Grace, Cataphract

12 Hobgoblin Hero, Frejor

09 Hobgoblin Hero, Zroknir

(Have Acted)

---

(Have Not Acted)

08 Kiera

08 Hobgoblin Hero, Brekagnis

08 Hobgoblin Hero, Thargrond

08 Hobgoblin Hero, Hrok'Nosh

08 Wyld-Beast Horde

06 Hobgoblin Horde

06 Halcyon Dream

05 Kyros

05 Prince of the Cutting Rain, Noble

05 Heart Wrenching Melody, Lorelei

04 Hobgoblin Hero, Drakansh

03 Blood Ape

03 Blood Ape

03 Blood Ape

02 Agata

02 Agata

00 Majestic Rampage, Cataphract

?? Omen Vessel

?? Proto-Behemoth

Kiera looks at the crowd of attackers and seriously considers beating a hasty retreat. But, her conscience takes over along with her ego, saying that they are just Fae facing off against the Exalts of creation, including at least one Solar. Beat them down hard enough and they will probably run. Start with the archers.

Stepping out of her essence-based hiding, the young Night caste raises up her chakram. "You should know, the Exalted are never outclassed! Especially the children of the sun! Have at you!"

performing a withering attack against Murderous Grace.

Personal 13/13

Peripheral 19/14

Spending 5m on my Excellency, giving me 22 dice before stunts. I'll assume a two dice bonus
[dice]18680[/dice]

Brekagnis, Thargrond, Hrok'Nosh and both Hordes spend their actions moving into short range and readying bows. The exalts in the road find themselves in the process of bein encircled while the winds coming from around the larval behemoth are still rising in intensity.

Kyros

Gathering up the remainder of the power for the spell, Kyros sunk in to a meditative state and unleashed the firestorm.

Ancient Tongue Understanding (6m)

Shape Sorcery: 11 dice for 5 successes. Spell complete.

[dice]18973[/dice]

Occult Attack: Flight of the Brilliant Raptor: 7 base dice + 1 auto success (ancient tongue understanding + 1 free die (heaven turning calculations) + 8 dice (excellency, 8 personal, 1 peripheral.) = 15 die + 1 auto success for 6 successes total.

[dice]18974[/dice]

I'm about to head to work, so if the spell hits the Behemoth, would you be so kind as to roll damage? Ancient Tongue Understanding and Heaven Turning Calculations should both apply to the spell.

The fire blast slams into the beast, but it stands undamaged and uncaring for the moment.

Prince of the Cunning Rain slams the base of the spear to the ground, a single command uttered intelligible over the noise of marching feet and chattering beasts. Motes of light rise from the dusty surface of the road mixing with the mildly sandy wind from around their behemoth. In a sudden snap, the multitude of tiny lights converge on one another and materialize into an armed faceless force of soldiers bearing his insignia. (Activating Marching Fever Dream Nightmare for 10m)

Melody draws her bow with a pouty scowl on her face and looses an arrow (Withering attack) toward Halcyon Dream.

Drakansh moves into short range.

Next Up: All of Kyros's minions.

[dice]19107[/dice]

[dice]19108[/dice]

Between will and stunt, The prince summons a size 2 force of battle-ready soldiers.

Melody misses her shot.

Moving at their master's signal, the summoned demons charged the fair folk ranks. Claws ripping tearing, wings buzzing and bloodlust in the air.

Blood Apes vs Hobgoblin Hero Frejor, Zorknir and Brekagnis, respectively.

[dice]19180[/dice]

[dice]19181[/dice]

[dice]19182[/dice]

Agata vs Hobgoblin Hero Frejor and Zorknir.

[dice]19183[/dice]

[dice]19184[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back