Exalted III: Poorly-Named Game

@Sanctaphrax: Unless you have something planned, I think we can gloss over the details of Kyros picking up his magic items.

@Cirno: Fun fact - Solars have an innate sense of time thanks to their ability to always know the position of the sun. If we both show up at 3 o'clock on the dot, it could work as a fun hint to our characters that there is more than meets the eye about them ( ;) )

Sure, we can gloss over the pickup from Iruvar.

Feel free to skip ahead to the meeting too, nothing much is gonna happen between now and then.

If memory serves, the rainbow cloth and pain stone grated a situational +1 success on various social actions? I'll need to put it on my sheet for later reference.

Here's what I said before...

Sanctaphrax said:
When worn as a robe, the cloth counts as light armour and provides an exceptional tool bonus to intimidation and other rolls that depend on grandeur.
When worn as a scarf, the cloth provides an exceptional tool bonus to rolls that depend on subtlety and manipulation.

When worn as a sash, the cloth provides an exceptional tool bonus to rolls that depend on quick thinking, insight, and perceptiveness.

And I'd say the ring rolls 5 dice to Inspire discomfort and unease in anyone Close to it. Plus it's an exceptional tool for making people uncomfortable or unhappy.
An exceptional tool bonus is a die, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heading out on vacation soon. Internet access will be spotty but not non-existent. There's a chance that my posts will be slow, but also a chance that you won't notice any difference.

@Sanctaphrax: Unless @Cirno has something else she wants to go over in the scene, I think we might be ready to move on.

(unless you're still on vacation and without internet, in which case, take your time)

Still on vacation, but I have internet.

You owe Red Wire a summoning. Roll that out, spend your willpower, and we can move on to the voyage.

When we do, you guys should feel free to set the scene for your departure.

Cirno, if you want to make any unusual preparations for the journey, now's the time.

Didn't I already summon an Agata for her? Or are we talking about something else that I've obviously forgotten about in my incompetence?

Alright, demon's bound. You should play out the binding IC, though; the exact instructions you give it before giving it to Red Wire could be important.

Sanctaphrax said:
All of your demons?

Are you telling the crew that you're bringing them?
Depends on how many I can bring with if they're insubstantial and if there will be any extended consequences if I leave any behind. I should also probably update my "Demons summed" list.

As for telling the crew, I think the only person I'd be telling would be Captain Ukkoya. If I don't need them, they can stay insubstantial for the voyage and no one will be the wiser. I fI do need them, it'll probably be at an opportunity where the sailors wont have any reason to complain (such as backing them up in a fight against a sea monster or something.)

I figure there's space for them all.

You have no way of knowing whether leaving them behind will have consequences.

Oops, charms fixed. Let me know if I missed anything, thanks.

Presence

Harmonious Presence Meditation (Essence 2 cost) swapped for Illustrious Solar Mien

Bureaucracy

Frugal Merchant Method swapped for Deft Official's Way

Sail

Fathoms-Fed Spirit swapped for Immortal Mariner's Advantage

Sanctaphrax said:
I figure there's space for them all.
Hm. Well, I'll probably stick to my original plan and keep them insubstantial unless compelled otherwise. No need to antagonize the sailors without reason.

Sanctaphrax said:
You have no way of knowing whether leaving them behind will have consequences.
Sorry, I phrased it poorly. I meant more in the sense of "based on what Kyros knows about his demons/the people of the island, X Y and Z are probable outcomes", rather than psychic knowledge from the aether.

The demons can generally be trusted to leave people alone if they are themselves left alone. But if Pa-El comes calling, you can't expect blood apes to hold back from fighting.

Hm, in that case I think I'll leave 3 Blood Apes behind to guard the place from conventional intruders, along with a Neomah to warn people to stay away while I'm gone. If Pa-El does decide to force the issue in my absence, at least I'll have some warning when the Neomah uses Hurry Home to return to my location and give me the information.

EDIT: also, updated my demon numbers and what some of them are currently doing.

I think one of the funnest things about Sorcery in this edition is that the Shape Sorcery action is completely invisible until the spell is cast.

Is it really? I'd been assuming that it was moderately obvious.

Anyway, you have to pay the willpower cost of a spell up-front. Successfully completing a spell refunds 1wp. Which would incentivize shooting the firebird into the water to get your wp back. That seems weird, so...I'll say that aborting a spell gracefully refunds wp like casting it.

Yeah, I was surprised as you. Nowhere in the Shape Sorcery description does it say anything about what the action actually looks like. It doesn't even mention a possible Anima Flair or anything.

I assume it's intentional because one of the major sorcerer archetypes has to do with Mara and her shadowy / stealthy stuff, and it would kinda ruin that if your Sorcerer-Ninja suddenly had a big glowing "IMPENDING SPELL" beacon on him when they got ready for an attack.

So it's not discussed either way?

I'm not sure that means it's meant to be imperceptible. It could just not be mentioned, you know?

Then again, I guess it might as well be subtle. Seems harmless enough.

Users who are viewing this thread