Exalted III: Poorly-Named Game

Sorry for the absence, I haven't had an internet connection for almost a week. I'll try to post something in a few days when I get caught up on everything.

@Cirno What are your thoughts on staying and going after the heart vs leaving and surviving to come back another day when we're Essence 7+ and taking sweet revenge?

Personally, I'm on the side of bailing for now. As much as I want to check the place out, we're low on motes and have wounded. Rescue of stranded crew is pretty much impossible since they've probably been eaten so I think we've more or less fulfilled out mission objective.

(I don't actually expect us to ever hit essence 7+, but it would be nice =p)

Freaky talking island is freaky. I am okay with keeping our characters alive and seeing what the social consequences are (with Third Cloud, our reputations, etc).

I don't think Third Cloud will be too mad. We came here to rescue his buddies, but since the island is A: alive and B: eats people, I think the chances of rescue are slim to none. If we can convince him of that, we should be fine.

Since you're the captain of this trip and the one with the boat, would you mind making the proposal? He's likely to respond better to you than me. If not, I'll have Kyros support your position.

Sorry, re-incorporating RPnation back into usual routines after vacation. Posting-posting.

Oh man I feel guilty.
I built Ukkoya more for seafaring and talking. Does Kyros have advice for negotiating with sentient soul-eating mountains? Else we stick to retreat?

"Negotiating with it would be as effective as negotiating with a hungry shark." - Kyros.  :smile9:  

A guess on my part, to be fair, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, when did the Agata get wounded? As far as I can recall it wasn't in the fight, and would have been immaterial.

It was part of your demon mob, right?

The battle group was nearly destroyed, so I arbitrarily handed out injuries to some of the members in my post on November 13.

If you intended that only the blood apes were fighting, then I guess I'll hand its wounds to one of the blood apes. Which would make it possible to have it airlift y'all out one by one. Would take a while, though, and it might not be safe to wait.

Yeah, I only intended the blood apes to be apart of the fight, as I don't think I mentioned the Agata in my posts at all. They're more rides and scouts, rather than fighters, in my mind.

@Cirno?

Waiting for you here, both for the mutation roll and to see what you have Ukkoya do. I don't want to assume you're just going along with the "leave behind the demons and rush" plan.

And speaking of the demons...JayTee, are you leaving them all behind or just the apes?

More or less. The Blood Apes are already in bad enough shape and I have no idea how many or what is coming for us, and since we need as much time as possible to make our escape, the bulk of them are going to be sacrificed to hold off whatever is coming.

Except for one Agata, in case shit hits the fan real hard and I end up needing to abandon everyone (except Ukkoya) in order to survive.

I'm sorry, I had to replace my personal laptop's charger and was without access to the RPnation account/password for over a month as a result. Back now. Many apologies!

Okay, well, we can't wait forever. I have mixed feelings about going ahead with a one-player game, though. And I don't really see a way to continue this scene without me taking over a PC, which I really dislike doing.

What do you think we should do, JayTee?

I haven't been able to think of an answer, to be honest. As much as I'd like to continue, I'm not seeing a lot of options available other than put the game on hiatus until we get more players. 

Do you think we should do some recruiting?

It might be hard to add players right now, given that we're in the Wyld. But it seems like the thing to do when you're down to one player...

Users who are viewing this thread