Exalted III: Poorly-Named Game

Landing near evening seems risky. How to attract Third Cloud's guys but not monsters? Assuming the two are exclusive.

We could find them ourselves rather than trying to bring them to us. I kinda wanna use the Scrying stone again, but after using it against the Fae ship I"m slowly re-appreciating how overpowered it is and don't want to abuse it.

Nothing off the top of my head. The spells that I have that take time have already been cast and are ready to be deployed when if need them.

Not right away. An adventure in the Wyld is an awkward time to add a player.

I'm open to adding more people later, though, as long as the current players are on board.

@JayTee: I'm inclined to go weapons up and Join Battle, since something weird made the men go without protest. But if Kyros' knowledge/Lore covers handling encounters like these, Ukkoya will follow his actions.

Hm, well, Kyros doesn't technically have any weapons to lay down (Brawl Charms + Summons + explode-y magic = bits of metal? HA!) so he can't comply regardless, but I do have a specialty in Western myths and legends, so I'll give it a roll and see what I come up with.

If not, well then we get some experience with the combat engine ( ;) )

EDIT: Also, Sancta, do you mind if I Drop Harmonious Academic Methodology for something else? I didn't realize it at the time, but the new version only works for introducing facts, which is something I'll probably never use.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, nothing against them. Like Fate Points and other metagame tools, I love the idea of them, but have a terrible track record of actually using them, to the point where I've given up trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sanctaphrax: How high is the ceiling? My first instinct is to get on the Agata and use Flight of the Brilliant Raptor to carpet bomb everything. If it's too low for that, I'll probably have two Blood Apes on Defend Other duty while the rest engage the Kobolds.

Ceiling's too low for that.

The blood apes, like the kobolds and the crew, are a battle group (they have Poor Drill, incidentally). They can only take multiple actions by flurrying.

And remember, materializing is Simple. It takes an action.

Hm, that kinda hurts my overall strategy of using my demons as meat shields and distract gambit tools before blasting enemies with spells.

Ahh well, I'll try to get a post up for you by tomorrow.

I was without internet for a few days without notice, sorry. I'll try to have a post up for you as soon as possible.

Apologies. Work got me.

Do sailors usually go unarmoured? <_<;; I'm regretting that aesthetic choice about now.

Sailors probably go unarmoured most of the time, but exploring an island in the Wyld is the kind of thing you put armour on for.

Sorry for the delay in posting, but my grandfather passed recently and I've been exhausted with planning out funeral details. I know we said my demons would count as a battle group, but what stats did we decide it should have?

Users who are viewing this thread