Exalted III: Poorly-Named Game

I'd have to take some time to read and restat. I'm not a mechanics expert, so I'm fine with changing it.

Sanctaphrax said:
You guys sure do like to make things harder for yourselves...on an island where only one person can meaningfully oppose you, you go out of your way to antagonize them.
Sadly, Kyros wasn't really built with friendship and diplomacy in mind. Arrogance and a hunger for power are sorta the cornerstones of his personality. Incidentally, would I be getting any dice bonuses for my Influence 1 background? Gotta scrounge out every edge I can get right now. ( ;) )

Also I have to admit, I'm sorta feeling a little... hm, unfairly boxed in to a corner, I guess?

Like, I totally get why Pa-El is here. I sent demons to attack her ship, and that action had the logical consequence of her shipping up armed to the teeth. That part is completely fair.

The trick is, I had a cover story planned out when I sent those demons ("you were fighting with someone, violence attracts blood apes, you idiot") But when Ellis left I was hit with the memory bug and now my pre-planned cover story is no longer an option.

I don't want to come off as though I'm blaming Ellis, I'm not. I just sorta feel like circumstances are conspiring against me without my ability to influence them.

Am I being unreasonable with this? I don't want to be a baby and whine when things aren't going my way, so maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a new pardner to conspire with then.

Ukkoya could appeal to Pa-El by saying that if she values human life, then she'll not start what's likely a prolonged fight. Trying to hold off on the violence or at least call off the mob. Would that fit with Kyros' plans?

I sympathize. It's a pretty crappy situation. But you are a Solar, with demonic servants and phenomenal cosmic power. I'm confident that you can handle this.

Honestly, an apology would go a long way here. So would paying Pa-El some kind of weregild, and/or providing medical care to the injured sailor. Nobody really wants to fight except Gorvarach. It's just that the islanders don't want to live in fear of sudden ape-murder, and Pa-El can't let people who endanger her crew walk away scot free.

And even if things do turn violent, you've got a decent shot at winning. Especially if Ukkoya takes your side.

EDIT: Also, I don't think Influence gives bonus dice. Sorry.

@Sanctaphrax: I'm not sure what to roll or if I should roll at this point. First time doing social actions in new system, so I'm open to direction. I'm trying to Persuade Pa-El to reconsider, though I'm guessing at existing intimacies. I'm also trying to Instill in the crowd a sense of community, that everyone's on the same side.

This would be a good time to roll.

You can just roll Charisma + Performance to Instill. -3 penalty for targeting a group, and you've gotta beat Resolve 2 + 2 for a minor negative Intimacy.

I think refraining from violence counts as an inconvenient task, so to persuade Pa-El you'll need to play on a Minor (or better) Intimacy. You can guess at one she might possess, or try a read intentions action. Perception + Socialize to read, Charisma + Presence to persuade.

A question for you, Sancta. Harmonious Presence Meditation lowers the cost for social charms by 1, to a minimum of 1. Would this applies to Excellencies, and if I pay 4 motes for 4 dice, that cost would be lowered to 3m?

I'll let it apply to excellencies. No idea whether that's what the writers intended, but honestly I don't much care.

Man, I know I'm taking the hard route with this, but dismissing the demons is just so wildly out of character for Kyros that I can't imagine him doing it.

Hopefully I'll be able to smooth things over, but we'll see. Things about to get interesting, I think.

I'm not, although Cirno and I are both working heavy overtime these past few weeks, so it's possible that's why she hasn't posted. I sent her a message about posting yesterday evening, though, so I hope to hear back from her soon.

Up to you. Nobody is demanding anything from you at the moment, so go ahead and do what you wanna do.

If you don't have any plans to do much of anything, I can move the clock ahead to the next event that requires your attention.

I think moving on to the next scene might work, then. How far in the future is it? I have a feeling I'll need more demons soon, and I'd like to summon up a few more, if possible.

(Look at Kyros dig himself deeper in that that hole he's in!)

It's tomorrow. So you can summon up one demon between now and then.

Come to think of it, though...this would be a natural session break in an offline game. So maybe I should hand out some xp.

We haven't talked about how we're doing xp. And I have mixed feelings on this whole Solar xp concept. How do you guys want to handle it?

I'm personally fond of Solar XP, although I feel that the methods of earning it are a bit restrictive. Personally I'd just hand out Solar XP along with normal XP.

I'd also suggest handing out slightly more XP than the book suggests, mostly because the inherently slow nature of PBP games means that players are going to be spending a lot of time with the same pool of options. A higher XP rate means that they'll be able to buy more options to flesh out their characters when the opportunity presents itself.

Looking at the rules...I'm not interested in judging your play for expression and role bonuses. So go ahead, you can both take 5xp and 4 solar xp. Spend it on whatever you've been training since before the game started.

I'll try to call session breaks often enough for meaningful advancement.

Nice, thanks! I'll add +1 Blood Ape to my demon squad, to replace one of the two that were lost.

Standard year-and-a-day "obey me" binding?

Spend a point of willpower and make a difficulty 3 Intelligence + Occult roll, then.

I'll start up the next scene now, but if you guys want to take some time to allocate dots that's fine. I'm in no rush.

Naw, I'm currently hoarding XP until I can buy a few spells/charms.

Will my WP and Motes be fully replenished by the start of this new scene, since it takes place a day later?

[dice]22542[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back