• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence: The Young Exalts and the Sea OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ooh, are we claiming credit for things? Because I'm pretty sure Tenai and Mugen count as a significant combatants for: "A significant combatant heeded their counsel or wisdom, or their advice or preparation turned the tides of a significant conflict or lead to an acceptable loss." Whether Ijara's appeal to Tenai counts as 'advice' is more open to interpretation, but the tides of a significant conflict were certainly turned.
Sure, I'll grant you two Exalt milestones as a result of this.

As for personal milestones, she did have the personal goal of assembling a company of crack marines to help crew and defend the skyship. She also had a personal goal of ensuring the ancient DBs didn't get eaten by a Lunar, and has a longstanding personal goal of forwarding the interests of House Tepet.
Would getting Tenai to not slaughter the Exalts on the airship be an achievement for Maya to get an additional milestone?
I'll count each of these as player-created goals. You don't actually get the Personal Milestone until five of them have been completed though, five being the number of players in this game.

Hey would Tulak trying to bind these people who have many reasons to hate/kill each other count as a milestone? Aslo getting us of the blue seahawk provided it survives the adventure. I haven’t really thought much on earning Xp so I’m not entirely sure of what I deserve

"Noble Exalts, what shall our destination be?"
This is a legit good question jaydude jaydude . I could take a Sidereal charm to try to figure out where Sin is going to strike next, or do some non-charm astrology, but barring that I have no idea how we should proceed. Roll Sagacity to deduce the next clue?

This is a legit good question jaydude jaydude . I could take a Sidereal charm to try to figure out where Sin is going to strike next, or do some non-charm astrology, but barring that I have no idea how we should proceed. Roll Sagacity to deduce the next clue?
I'll have a think.

Should we jump to wherever we'll be if we follow the needle to keep the story flowing? Anyone can backfill if they want to react to the close of this scene. I can answer any questions for a read intentions on Ijara. She needs to get that ice cold logic charm for using Sagacity to compute resolve.

Okay @RandomWord I’m rolling to see Ijara true intentions any intimacies I should know about? Cause they add resistance to you

Okay @RandomWord I’m rolling to see Ijara true intentions any intimacies I should know about? Cause they add resistance to you
Let's see...

Virtues
Major - Ambition [Make her cousin the hero her House needs]
Minor - Loyalty [House Tepet] - "We are nothing without family. In this hour when all have given us up for lost, we cannot give up on each other."

Intimacies
Major - Ambition - "I will avenge Futile Blood and restore my House to their proper place in Destiny."
Minor - Loyalty - "I hate the Empress and the other Houses who conspired to betray my family."
Minor - Loyalty - [My Predecessor] [Respect] - "He died for us. Would that I could die in his place."

I should add a Minor - Ambition [Dedication to the Crimson Panoply].

I'll make the case that Ijara desperately needs Tenai, Garret, Cid, etc not to realize she is a Sidereal in this moment in order to fulfill her ambitions. If she dies here, she's useless to the cause. I really don't know if this line of reasoning is valid for applying an intimacy or virtue to Read Intentions, as it would be generally applicable in any life or death situation or when revealing the information would jeopardize the cause. If both her Major Virtue and Major Intimacy apply, she would have a Resolve of 6 against the RI.

Yeah, I feel that if keeping her Sidereal nature is key to Ijara's goal, then her Intimacy and Virtue both apply here. Sorry, EbonChevalier EbonChevalier .

You want a number of hits equal to or greater than the difficulty to succeed in Exalted. So 6 hits on difficulty 6 would be success (ties go to the attacker in Essence, right?), and every hit above that is a 'net success'.

Hey all. So apologies for not posting in a while. I was celebrating my birthday at the start of the week, and I've been pretty much down with a fever/cold ever since, which has drained a lot of my creative spark, sad to say.

So this might be a little abrupt, but I'm going to bring this game to a close. Sorry everyone, but between my own delays in posting and a general sense of lethargy, I'm not feeling up for continuing this. Thanks for sticking around in any case.

Thank you for running the game, I had fun! I was just thinking with all the new books that just came out I want to start a game. Inspired by Trial by Fire, I want to see if I can reach 2k posts. I assume the SI unit for a 2k post game is a Sherwood. If I get to even half a Sherwood, I'll be pleased with myself 😆. I've learned valuable lessons from my first two games, like: Don't Get Laid Off, Keep it Simple, and Don't Try to Run Three Games in One. I'll put up an interest check today, but things will be slow to get rolling as I'll be away skiing this weekend.

Thank you for running the game, I had fun! I was just thinking with all the new books that just came out I want to start a game. Inspired by Trial by Fire, I want to see if I can reach 2k posts. I assume the SI unit for a 2k post game is a Sherwood. If I get to even half a Sherwood, I'll be pleased with myself 😆. I've learned valuable lessons from my first two games, like: Don't Get Laid Off, and Keep it Simple, and Don't Try to Run Three Games in One. I'll put up an interest check today, but things will be slow to get rolling as I'll be away skiing this weekend.
Neat. You have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back