• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted Alchemical game

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I have seen many games for Exalted, but not one that features the Machine God and the Alchemical Champions. Would anyone be interested in a game inside the Great Maker? I would like 3-4 players, able to post on at least a weekly basis. Once I get a few people showing interest, I'll post character creation rules that I wish to use.

Exalted 2.5 I presume? Do you have a particular premise in mind?
Yes, the 2.5 version. I was planning on having you set just before the Seal of Eight Divinities is broken for the first time, and the Circle of Exalts will be some of the first into Creation at the start of the invasion.

Yes, the 2.5 version. I was planning on having you set just before the Seal of Eight Divinities is broken for the first time, and the Circle of Exalts will be some of the first into Creation at the start of the invasion.

Ooooh. I like. I'm in.

Excellent! If you know anyone else that would be a good fit to this, give them a nudge and we'll have ourselves a game.

Cool deal. Sherwood Sherwood has agreed to be a bit of a helper to me, since this will be my first effort running a PbP game and I know him in Real Life and can bend his ear easily, but he has a lot of games that he is in and may not make up a character.

So, for this run, I am letting everyone start out at Essence 3, and for Attributes, instead of the normal 8-6-4 points you normally get, I'm giving everyone 9-7-5. As per the Errata, you get 18 Bonus Points instead of 15, and the final change is that you get 10 Charms, 5 Dedicated and 5 General, instead of the 4 and 4 that the Alchie book says. All of which can be increased as normal with your Bonus Points.

A House Rule that Sherwood has suggested that I like is that if someone picks up the Man-Machine Weaving Protocols, you get a free Spell with the Charm slot.

Since I am new to this, I am going to be very hesitant to allow any custom Charms.

Now, some story stuff.

Everyone will be Exalts from the nation of Kamak, based in the city of Ein. You will all know one another, and can be anywhere from new out of the Vats to several hundred years old. I'll be posting more info about the city once a forum is made up. Also, the Seal of Eight Divinities has not been broken yet, but will be during the story.

I am sure that there are many questions that I have not covered, so, please, feel free to pipe up and I will address it right away. I will be trying to make up a forum in the Hosted Projects section soon, and once that is done, I'll add a link here.

- Do you intend for to be/not be any mass combat?

- When you say 'custom Charms' does Ink Monkey works fall under that heading?

If there is mass combat, it will be in the background, and the Exalts will have their own role to play in a major engagement.

I have heard of the Ink Monkey Charms, but I am not familiar with them. From what I have heard, they are well balanced and vetted, so there shouldn't be a problem with them, just let me review the Charm in question.

Have you thought about using the Hearty Keyword for the Alchie version of the Ox-Body Technique?

I had actually forgot about it. What does the party think? Should we add it in, knowing that the Bad Guys will have it, too?

There is a house rule list of Charms that I'm trying to find again that add a free Ox-Body Technique for each purchase of the base Charm. It might be an Ink Monkey thing, but I don't remember where I saw the list. There are Charms listed for each kind of Exalt that have the Keyword.

Regarding the Hearty keyword, it basically eliminated Ox-Body Technique as a separate Charm, and whenever you buy a Charm that has that keyword, you got a free Ox-Body Technique, to a certain limit, if I recall.

sounds like fun. haven't played an alchemical yet...
First off, welcome.

Regarding the Hearty keyword, it basically eliminated Ox-Body Technique as a separate Charm, and whenever you buy a Charm that has that keyword, you got a free Ox-Body Technique, to a certain limit, if I recall.
Correct. I'm just having trouble finding the list of Charms that provide it. IF it can be posted by some helpful person, I will allow it. If not, well, everyone already has extra Charms.

First off, welcome.

Correct. I'm just having trouble finding the list of Charms that provide it. IF it can be posted by some helpful person, I will allow it. If not, well, everyone already has extra Charms.

Ask, and you shall receive...

New Keyword: HARDY
Each purchase of a Charm bearing this keyword works like a purchase of the Exalt's native version of Ox-Body Technique. This entirely replaces the Charm by that name; players lose those Charms and spend the refunded XP on Charms with the Hardy keyword.

No character may benefit from the Hardy keyword more times than their Essence score. An Essence 5 character with seven Hardy-keyworded Charms only benefits from the equivalent of five purchases of Ox-Body Technique until he raises his Essence score.

No character may recieve the benefits of the Hardy keyword from any Charm not considered natural to his kind. Eclipses cannot learn Bruise-Relief Method and thus gain extra health levels, nor can a Malefactor grant extra health levels when bestowing Transcendent Desert Creature upon her followers as a mutation effect.

Charms which gain the Hardy keyword, by type:

SOLARS:

Body-Mending Meditation
Soul-Fire Resurgence
Rising Sun Renewal
Inner Fire Unleashed
Final Ray of Light
Unbreakable Warrior's Mastery
Enduring Mountain Method
Immunity To Everything Technique
Tireless Sentinel Technique
Invincible Essence Reinforcement
Durability of Oak Meditation
Spirit Strengthens the Skin
Iron Skin Concentration
Iron Kettle Body
Adamant Skin Technique
Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit
Element-Resisting Prana
Eternal Elemental Harmony

ABYSSALS:
Restless As The Dead
Corpse Needs No Food
Breathless Ghost Emulation
Cadaverous Torpor Technique
Plague Knows Its Master
Injury-Absorbing Discipline
Spirit-Hardened Frame
Wounds Mean Nothing
Maelstrom-Weathering Indifference
World-Denying Invincibility
Plague-Eating Kiss
Black Heart's Venom

ALCHEMICALS:
Pain Suppression Nodes
Subcutaneous/Exoskeletal Armor Plating (any and all installments)
Transitory Invulnerability Engine
Essence Shield Projector
Alloyed Reinforcement of Flesh
Body-Reweaving Matrix
Bodily Integrity Field
Aegis Integration System
Enshrined Divinity Apparatus
Industrial Survival Frame (any and all installments)
Biofunction Inhibitor
Sustenance Replication Engine

MALFEAS:
By Pain Reforged
Nightmare Fugue Vigilance
By Agony Empowered
The King Still Stands
Driven Beyond Death
By Hunger Nourished
Blight Internalization Transcendence
By Rage Recast
Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai
Invulnerable Wounding Futility
Abalation of Brass and Fire
Scar-Writ Saga Shield
Viridian Legend Exoskeleton
Demon Emperor Shintai
Skyfire-Seizing Repast
Sun-Heart Furnace Soul
Rage-Stoked Inferno Soul

SHE WHO LIVES IN HER NAME:
Ego-Infused Pattern Primacy (including each repurchase)
Wholeness Rightly Assumed (including each repurchase)
Force-Suppression Barrier
Heuristic Logos Shintai

CECELYNE:
Transcendant Desert Creature
Soul-Sand Devil Shintai

ADORJAN:
Unbound Freedom Infiltration
Splintered Gale Shintai
Running To Forever
Murder Is Meat
Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation
Hateful Wretched Noise

KIMBERY:
Mother Sea Mastery
Fathomless Poison Haven
Tidal Renewal Discipline
Sea Dissolves Herself
Sea Within Veins Prana
Great Mother's Tears
All-Devouring Depths Shintai
Bitter Heart Unbleeding

LUNARS:
Bruise-Relief Method
Halting the Scarlet Flow
Purging the Tarnish Silver
Indestructible Recursive Design
Steadfast Yeddim Meditation
Luna's Fortitude
Unstoppable Juggernaut Incarnation
Scorpion and Toad Absolution
Scorpion and Toad Immunity
Scorpion and Toad Mastery
Hide-Toughening Essence
Frenzied Bear Fortification
Armor-Forming Technique
Weapon-Trapping Body Dominion
Stone Rhino's Skin
Invulnerable Moonsilver Carapace
Native Son's Grace
(Direction) Mastery Technique
External Hide Perfection

DRAGON-BLOODED:
Uneating Earth Meditation
Unbreathing Earth Meditation
Unfeeling Earth Meditation
Impervious Skin of Stone Meditation
(Element) Protection Form (all purchases stack)
Perfected Scales of the Dragon
Unsleeping Earth Meditation
Untiring Earth Meditation

SIDEREALS:
Unswerving Juggernaut Principle
Forward-Thinking Technique
Optimistic Security Practice
Unwavering Well-Being
Heartless Maiden Trance
One Direction Invocation
Someone Else's Destiny
Shield of Destiny
Storm Eye's Stance
Burn Life

RAKSHA:
Bastion of the Self
Writhing Ego Invasion
Adaptation to Adversity
Twisting Serpent Shape
Opalescent Gossamer Raiment
Blade-Turning Skin
Inviolable Presence
Dream-Sacrificing Method
Sundering the Gates of Death

MOUNTAIN FOLK:
Essence Satiation Method
Stone-Still Lungs
Sleepless Rock Emulation
Eternal Jade Rejuvenation
(Color) Jade Transformation
Fivefold Embodiment of (Color) Jade
Living Jewel Armor

NOCTURNALS:
Twice‐Beating Heart Exercise (pg. 110)
Unbroken Gayal Resilience (pg. 127)
Living Beyond the Moment (pg. 128)
Time‐Halting Auroch Mastery (pg. 128)
Enduring Procrastinator Style (pg. 129)
The Open Road Softly Calls (pg. 131)
Oblivious Wayfarer’s Endurance (pg. 135)
Truthful Nomenclature Habits (pg. 139)
Feast Today, Fast Tomorrow (pg. 139)
Adamant Stomach Acclimation (pg. 140)
Retroactive Prevention (pg. 140)
Unintentional Contact Avoidance (pg. 141)
Live Another Day (pg. 141)

Aw, you beat me to it! I had just found the list. Good job, BTW!

Ok, so I may just be showing my blonde, but where do I go to apply for the forum? I don't see where it is!

Separately, I'm debating whether or not to focus on an Orichalcum or a Starmetal - ideas include a dual sort of crafting/medical specialty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back