• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3rd: Darkening Skies

Ithle

Bust :(
Looking for players to join a short Ex3 game using the backer pdf that will take place from this November until late February. However, with the possibility of then transferring over to another game that is on temporary hiatus after this ends in four months. The game is set in the North, but details aren't quite set in stone yet and I would prefer to wait until I have the full group together. Currently I have two players and I am looking for two more. It is necessary that characters (and players) 'work/play well with others'. Characters should be Solar Exalted and players are expected to be able to attend most, if not all, game sessions.

Game time is Sunday at 7:30pm EST and ends approximately 11:30 EST

If you have any interest feel free to send me a message and we can talk things over.

Indeed, we'd love to have some fresh blood :) Some of our players have had to leave due to real-life concerns, which is sad, but we'd love to continue the group.

I've had my eye on exhalted for abit now, thing is I'm abit of a new blood to it, if assistance is given I'll put my hat in the ring, I've heard good things about it.

Not new to TTRPGs mind you, just exhalted.

Alright, I'll be abit tied up tomorrow, an irl group and... well... I certain game I preordered.

Asid from that let start with th basics. From what I gather, you use exp to buy certain things in the character correct?

Somewhat like mutants and masterminds or the nonesense dungeons the dragoning game right?

Yes. If you've ever played any other White Wolf games (Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf, Demon, Mage, Scion, the list goes on) the system will be reasonably intuitive to you. Dungeons: the Dragoning steals a lot of good ideas from Exalted. The Atlantean Exaltation is an export of Solar Exaltation. We're playing Solars in this campaign.

One possible source of confusion is there's a kind of special XP you use at character creation called BP with different costs associated. Once play starts you earn XP as normal.

It uses a dice pool system where you add Attribute + Ability to get the number of d10's you roll. A result on a d10 of 1-6 is no successes, 7-9 is one success, 10 is two successes. You add up your number of successes and compare to a target number to determine if you succeed at a task. This distribution has some nice mathematical properties and works pretty well.

If you've used RPNation's Discord service (Site Chat link at the top in green) I can invite you to the game's Discord channel where you can ask any questions you have.

Discord service huh? Never really go much into the chat, I'll sign up when I can and let yea know.

Seems to be a pretty simple system, and the fact I rolled an atlantean in that game makes it seem the stars aligned for this.

alright, on this discord thing, whenever your ready. if it matters i chose the same name I have right now.

I've been a bit busy lately, but now that I'm free I have the time to catch up on this with you Orikanyo. Let me know if you're free sometime tomorrow (the best times for me are from around 4-10pm EST) and we can talk about this. Ex3 is a beast of a game and I'll see if I can help you get a grip on it if you're interested in joining. When I say 'beast' I mean it's a very mechanics heavy game with fiddly bits to it and a lot of info to keep track of. The core book has around 650 pages to it, most of those are crunch. If you're okay with this then send me a private message with a time you'll be available on Discord tomorrow.

I have no idea what quests are, but if you're willing to learn 3rd (or better, know it already) then we'll be in business. Just so you know, we have started the game at the moment, but we're only one session in so no problem at all. I'll send you a PM to get started with.

Quests are forum based collective choose-your-own-adventure storytelling exercises where the ST posts fiction and then a series of choices, and everyone votes. The winning action is decided and the ST posts the next fiction segment. So if he's done Exalted quests he's up on 2e fluff and the general mechanics of 2e (Charms, Abilities, Essence, etc) but probably not the dice pools and nitty gritty mechanics.

So he knows the important part, at least, so that's good. The dice stuff can be learned fairly easily, even if it takes some practice to do quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back