• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 3E - Tale of a Falling Empire OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sadly, I don't expect they'll lend it to us to take back Yangofu given their unwritten treaty.

I guess my real question is, how and where are we picking back up and what kind of goals would we want to pursue?

Well! Looks like we will need to find another Warstrider.

Well! Looks like we will need to find another Warstrider.

You bought it during character creation, yes? If so, Kessi might just be willing to help you smuggle it out of the city. ;)

What if House Ragara used it to buy back the stake in the mine we snatched from them during prior negotiations?

You bought it during character creation, yes? If so, Kessi might just be willing to help you smuggle it out of the city. ;)

Lol I bought A warstrider. Not necessarily that one :p

Aw, that would be very sweet of Kessi. Would be happy to have her along!

Lol though wouldn't that REALLY piss of Ragara? Blatantly stealing a prized asset like that could start a house war.

Lol I bought A warstrider. Not necessarily that one :p

Aw, that would be very sweet of Kessi. Would be happy to have her along!

Lol though wouldn't that REALLY piss of Ragara? Blatantly stealing a prized asset like that could start a house war.
But we'd make house Mnemon really happy in the process. Every hand thrown catches equal and opposite hands. This is Newton's Third Law of Realm Civil Wars.

But we'd make house Mnemon really happy in the process. Every hand thrown catches equal and opposite hands. This is Newton's Third Law of Realm Civil Wars.

Hmmm. Well, then the question then becomes.... who would Ledaal much rather have on their side. Mnemon and a pretty new warstrider, or Ragara and their money?

What if House Ragara used it to buy back the stake in the mine we snatched from them during prior negotiations?

Like a trade? I mean sure, you can try that if you want, but I don't know how fair a deal it would be, given that we're talking a five-star artifact here.

Also, Rykon Rykon , I forgot to mention this in my IC post, but you can retain the mercenaries you hired for Kandara's defense if you want. Does 1,000 sound fair?

Not if they can't prove that you stole it. :cheshiregrin:

Hmmm. Well, then the question then becomes.... who would Ledaal much rather have on their side. Mnemon and a pretty new warstrider, or Ragara and their money?
Probably the pious house Mnemon if my memory serves correctly.

Like a trade? I mean sure, you can try that if you want, but I don't know how fair a deal it would be, given that we're talking a five-star artifact here.

Also, Rykon Rykon , I forgot to mention this in my IC post, but you can retain the mercenaries you hired for Kandara's defense if you want. Does 1,000 sound fair?

I may regret my initial reaction of "I'm not sure what I'd need them for now."

More seriously, I guess that will depend on what we decide to do as the group wraps up our affairs in Kandara to go elsewhere.

I mean... it might be a little hard to convince them it wasn't us when warstriders don't seem to have duplicates.

I mean... it might be a little hard to convince them it wasn't us when warstriders don't seem to have duplicates.

Hey. I'm more than happy to allow you a chance to get away with such a heist scot-free.

Hey. I'm more than happy to allow you a chance to get away with such a heist scot-free.

Well, choices are rather limited for Jade warstriders. And I highly doubt I would be allowed to simply resonate with Behemoth. So it looks like a heist it will be.

Also, aw man. Fel didn't get an epilogue/timeskip bit. So I'm going to assume he was probably stewing and fuming with the other Ledaals that stayed.

Probably the pious house Mnemon if my memory serves correctly.

I may regret my initial reaction of "I'm not sure what I'd need them for now."

More seriously, I guess that will depend on what we decide to do as the group wraps up our affairs in Kandara to go elsewhere.

After what House Ragara just did with Jinlong, I can definitely see them much rather siding with Mnemon.

After all, Ragara has all but allied itself with an Anathema at worst, and at best is tolerating one in rule over what should is realm controlled territory.

Ledaal would no doubt see this as a major affront. As it goes directly against their goals and principles.

Also, aw man. Fel didn't get an epilogue/timeskip bit. So I'm going to assume he was probably stewing and fuming with the other Ledaals that stayed.

Apologies. I was largely concerning myself with the NPC's when I wrote it, and sadly, Fel didn't really have too much of an impact.

Apologies. I was largely concerning myself with the NPC's when I wrote it, and sadly, Fel didn't really have too much of an impact.

Lol no worries. I know he didn't have much impact. Poor guy.

But I guess Satori has been gone long enough I can remove the tie of lust to her.

Would Fel have heard anything from the Ledaal Council about what to do and how to handle this situation?

Would Fel have heard anything from the Ledaal Council about what to do and how to handle this situation?

Assuming that Mnemon and her Ledaal allies currently have the Jiara situation in hand, I do have one idea.

Namely, they tell Fel and the other four Ledaals in Kandara to leave the situation there alone for the time being, given that they have next to no chance of dislodging Jinlong and her Circle from Yangofu while the Ragaras are being all unco-operative/treasonous. Instead, they're to head to Nagaraja - which is also currently facing Anathema trouble - in order to help out there, preferably with Fel's Hearth and Emerald Chevalier along for the ride. After the Ragaras' stunt, the Ledaal leadership are more than willing to unofficially sanction the warstrider's theft if it means putting it to use for the Shadow Crusade.

Of course, this idea is reliant on the rest of the characters being willing to help out, if we don't want Fel to either ditch his Hearth or be forced to disobey orders to stay close to them.

Also, the timeskip was really only there because I wasn't sure whether or not we were going to continue this game. We can wait for way less time than a month if you want, especially if the deal with Jinlong is going to be the last straw for certain characters regarding Kandara.

D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood

So. Big announcement of sorts.

After a bit more thought, I've decided that I want to bring this Chronicle to a close after all. I'm just not as enthusiastic about it as I used to be, given everything that happened earlier and present demands on my free time: besides other RP's and real-life stuff, I'm also looking to learn Unity, create my own fantasy universe, design settings for future Exalted Games, and perhaps learn the Cogent Roleplay system. With all that in mind, I'm sorry if I let anyone down here, and I hope that I can be GM/Storyteller for at least some of you lot once again.

D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood

So. Big announcement of sorts.

After a bit more thought, I've decided that I want to bring this Chronicle to a close after all. I'm just not as enthusiastic about it as I used to be, given everything that happened earlier and present demands on my free time: besides other RP's and real-life stuff, I'm also looking to learn Unity, create my own fantasy universe, design settings for future Exalted Games, and perhaps learn the Cogent Roleplay system. With all that in mind, I'm sorry if I let anyone down here, and I hope that I can be GM/Storyteller for at least some of you lot once again.
Cogent Replay. Ain't that the one made by Shadiversity?

Indeed, I never got to use the warstrider but I still had fun. And I got goal to make a warstrider user in one of our next campaigns!

Thanks again for another game man. I had a ton of fun. Best of luck with Unity and Cogent. Never realized Shadiversity came up with an RPG.

Thanks again for another game man. I had a ton of fun. Best of luck with Unity and Cogent. Never realized Shadiversity came up with an RPG.

Yeah, I only found out about it very recently. From what I understand so far, it seems relatively simple to get to grips with.

Quick heads-up everyone, but I am hoping to launch a reboot of this game sometime in the future. Ideally one where all of our visions for it align better, and every player character gets an equal chance to display their strengths and contribute to the story (This will most certainly include warstrider usage, D.Rex).

That being the case, I have three major changes in mind for this reboot. The first is that the chronicle will begin shortly before the disappearance of the Scarlet Empress instead of years after (you'll see why shortly). The second change is that, while you will almost certainly have to deal with Anathema, any conflicts won't be nearly as stacked against you as the one with Jinlong was, unless you go out of your way to provoke such conflicts. Just to name two examples, there won't be a neighbouring Solar waiting nearby to curbstomp you all right from the start, and the game region won't have been tyrannized and mismanaged by the Realm for the last five years. This will be a game that your characters have a fair chance to survive and "win" - though some parts may get dicey - without having to overly rely on one character's skills at the expense of the others.

The third major change - and perhaps the most radical - is that this time, the player characters will be in charge of Kandara. That is, one of you will play the satrap, and the others will play their advisors, other Dragon-blooded officials such as Immaculates, or any other Dragon-blooded individual with a permanent reason to stay in the region, whether they be Dynasts or outcastes. Besides giving you all a stake and an official hand in Kandara's affairs, I feel this would also cut down on the number of NPC's I have to manage. This is the main reason I'm having the chronicle begin earlier; having the Scarlet Empress still be present is - in my mind - the easiest way to justify a group of PC's like the ones in the last game being put in charge of Realm affairs in the area. Essentially, this is gonna be a Nation Building RP.

I'm currently working on tweaking and sprucing up the game region and its NPCs a bit. When I decide to run the chronicle, all of you will naturally be invited to join it if you wish, either with your old characters, or new ones. That said, given the grievances I've expressed last night - everyone but Psychie will know what I'm talking about - and the fact that there are other people who play Exalted on this forum, I think it only fair that I post a public interest check for this, meaning people outside this group will be allowed to join if they wish. I'm also currently feeling inclined to limit the number of players to five, meaning that you all may have to decide amongst yourselves who plays and who sits out.

Any thoughts?

I'm definitely interested in continuing with a reboot. I enjoy each game with friends here and getting to play characters like Manato.

I'd probably keep him mostly the same outside of shuffling a few charms around.

I call dibs on not being Satrap! Not it!

I think a nation building type of scenario will be a good refresh. After all, we already consider it our territory, and we are familiar with each other's characters that we already know their dynamics.

Would we be keeping our current progression in terms of xp. Or we starting at square one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back