• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3E: Rebirth of Brilliance

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Exalted 3E: Rebirth of Brilliance

the_city_of_palaquin_by_franklinchan-da2jdua.jpg

"You don't understand," Dala says, rubbing her temples. "She didn't appear and conquer our tribe. She appeared in visible brilliance. Like the sky was aflame with her righteousness. Like the Sun himself had leant her his own power. She cowed even the worst of them. With a few words, they bowed to her. And then, amazingly, she went to each of them, raised their heads, and blessed them. As if they weren't there to slaughter us. As if moments before they hadn't drawn steel and spat threats.

"It was life changing. We were given the gift of peace without a single drop of blood shed. And then, she was gone. A whisper on the wind. She asked nothing in return."

Dala stands and draws her blade across her palm. She squeezes her fist, forcing blood between her fingers and onto the earth below. "I vow, by the blood that courses through these veins, to dedicate our people to peace and make the best of this gift for our children. And their children to come."

This is an interest check for Rebirth of Brilliance, a third edition Exalted game that takes place in the Southeast. We will focus on a group of Solar Exalted played by you. Before you post your interest, please understand the following expectations:

1. Respect. All players and the ST (myself) will be expected to treat each other with respect, especially where the RPNation rules explicitly dictate.
  2. Creativity. This game will be player-driven. Meaning I will not predetermine our game. I will be playing to "find out" like you will be. The players and their characters will need to have an idea of what they want out of narrative. That also includes establishing setting, antagonists, NPCs, etc. The player will have agency to help flesh out the world not only through their characters' actions, but through direct creative input. In addition, the player will be expected to be open to the creativity of the other players. This could include losing agency over details established about their character. As an example: Fellow player to you, establishing something about your character: "Remember the time we fought the tribesman and you took the arrow in the knee?"
  3. Collaboration. Players are expected to work with other players on ideas. Coming up with locations, people, places by working together to create a shared narrative space.
  4. Open mind. A lot of the time, while I will be using the mechanics as written, I will take liberty with how we use them to create narrative. As an example, I like to discuss the impact and consequences of the roll before it's rolled. Meaning, you will know what will happen if you fail or succeed before you roll.

Please post your interest in this thread.

Shared interests: @Cthulhu_Wakes, @Skrakes, @JayTee, @Teh Frixz, @Grey

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it play by post or session based? Sadly any session based means that I would be out of time or unable to log in during any specific hour. I'm interested tho.

Tempted because I do want to play a Night Caste but I need to see how my workload is.

Debating ideas. After all, sorcery is now very very valid in 3e... but then I could do a tactician. Or something else. Hmm.

I don't own Miracles of the Solar Exalted. So I'll rely on you guys to let me know how a Charm works if you have them.

Thinking of playing a Twilight Sorcerer-King, or at least a Twilight Sorcerer with the ambitions to become king. Might be more fun to work my way up to the top first.

Ok. Hmm. If someone's covering the sorceror... maybe I can do the ultimate bureaucrat Eclipse?

Edit: Or a male courtesan Eclipse (with Dreaming Pearl Style). Or a Zenith tactician...

Is there any more room in this?  I would love a chance to play Exalted 3e.

Is there any more room in this?  I would love a chance to play Exalted 3e.

Absolutely. You're in.

That's it. I think we have enough. Let me get the game forum started.

I know everyone is thinking of characters, but It'll be important to tie all the characters tied together when we. So keep them flexible.

Absolutely. You're in.

That's it. I think we have enough. Let me get the game forum started.

I know everyone is thinking of characters, but It'll be important to tie all the characters tied together when we. So keep them flexible.

Thank you. I was thinking of a martial artist/assassin, using the Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back