• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
That would be cool, but is in no way required of you guys.

I'm also thinking about a chosen of endings. A heavenly janitor. Righteous Devil and SMA Contagion style. Responsible for cleaning up heavenly messes and ensuring something like the contagion never happens again.

But I could go for a journey's if I could think of a suitable concept. Since it could be fun to mix the cobra style with an sma that involves poisoning opponents. Would need a concept though.

Crimson March of Spiders has something of a poison theme, no?
Also, check out Chameleon style from Glories of the Most High, and in the Lore thread, the Wanderer SMA. Am sure you can find use for those. A Chosen of Journeys who is constantly on the move.

Crimson March of Spiders has something of a poison theme, no?
Also, check out Chameleon style from Glories of the Most High, and in the Lore thread, the Wanderer SMA. Am sure you can find use for those. A Chosen of Journeys who is constantly on the move.
Is the crimson march of spiders different than the charcoal march of spiders?

Upon further reflection, I have decided that since I am requiring you to have at least the Form Charm of a SMA, I will not make you pay for it, and you can use those Charms in other places. I'll make the edit to the Character Creation rules now.

Oh thank Mars, that was getting really painful to work out. I think I'm going to break your generosity, though, since the Form of Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style is the capstone, and it would be a bit broken if I got ~16 Charms for free instead of the usual ~5. I'm guessing I should choose one of the sub-Forms and its prereqs to have for free?

Oh, and while you're here, are there any house rules for Astrology and Resplendent Destinies? I recall the 2.5e system for that being kind of a mess. If not, I think that means I'll need to work a bunch of Performance and Craft in to be able to do anything fate related ever.

Oh thank Mars, that was getting really painful to work out. I think I'm going to break your generosity, though, since the Form of Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style is the capstone, and it would be a bit broken if I got ~16 Charms for free instead of the usual ~5. I'm guessing I should choose one of the sub-Forms and its prereqs to have for free?
Yes, with so many 'Form' Charms for PAoC, pick one of the lower sub-Forms as your freebie one.
Oh, and while you're here, are there any house rules for Astrology and Resplendent Destinies? I recall the 2.5e system for that being kind of a mess. If not, I think that means I'll need to work a bunch of Performance and Craft in to be able to do anything fate related ever.
I am hoping to not need to delve too much into Astrology. You are right that it is a bit of a headache. My goal was to have some higher level fun with the SMAs and fight some higher level bad guys.

Sherwood Sherwood
Given that our sidereal are in the advanced side. Is there any penalty still for choosing ronin as a faction?
For as long as you have been Exalted, you would have been recruited into one of the two main factions a long time ago. What is it that has driven you away from the group that you were a part of?

Also, keep in mind that when you run into other members of the Fivescore Fellowship, they will be suspicious of you for dropping/switching factions, and many will consider you a spy for 'the other side' for a loooooooong time.

Yes, with so many 'Form' Charms for PAoC, pick one of the lower sub-Forms as your freebie one.

I am hoping to not need to delve too much into Astrology. You are right that it is a bit of a headache. My goal was to have some higher level fun with the SMAs and fight some higher level bad guys.
Just so long as I eventually get to give some tough baddies a major ass-whoopin', we are good on that front.

For as long as you have been Exalted, you would have been recruited into one of the two main factions a long time ago. What is it that has driven you away from the group that you were a part of?

Also, keep in mind that when you run into other members of the Fivescore Fellowship, they will be suspicious of you for dropping/switching factions, and many will consider you a spy for 'the other side' for a loooooooong time.
Was just exploring the possibility. I can easily come up with a reason if I wanted to.

Though you make friction with the others sound like a bad thing :3

Do the gold and bronze factions.act uncivil to each other?

Also! Is there a plot summary we can read, so as we don't stay too far with outlandish concepts. Which I'm bound to do.

Was just exploring the possibility. I can easily come up with a reason if I wanted to.

Though you make friction with the others sound like a bad thing :3

Do the gold and bronze factions.act uncivil to each other?

Also! Is there a plot summary we can read, so as we don't stay too far with outlandish concepts. Which I'm bound to do.
It is a rare thing for Sidereals to directly oppose each other, especially physically thwacking one another. But messing with another person's hard work by sabotaging it? Done and done! As I said before, there is no problem with you guys choosing different sides of this and still be good friends, sitting across from one another and sipping tea and discussing how upset you were when the monkey wrench hit your plans. A good external threat can unite the warring sides quite well.

What kind of plot summary are you looking for?

It is a rare thing for Sidereals to directly oppose each other, especially physically thwacking one another. But messing with another person's hard work by sabotaging it? Done and done! As I said before, there is no problem with you guys choosing different sides of this and still be good friends, sitting across from one another and sipping tea and discussing how upset you were when the monkey wrench hit your plans. A good external threat can unite the warring sides quite well.

What kind of plot summary are you looking for?
Just a simple overview of the start or a general idea of how we meet. Given I'm going to go for chosen of journey, looking to see which skills I might use. After all, I wouldnt want to invest heavily in sail as a pirate if we would spend all our time atop mountain, kind of thing.

Though, on second thought. Trying to sail down the Imperial mountain in a galleon sounds pretty epic.

Lets see here, what can I tell you? The members of the Sidereals all are selected to Exalt when they are very young (depending on your particular destiny), and you are brought to Yu-Shan to study the various things that a young member of the Fellowship will need to know. Since there are only 100 Sidereals, you would have had the chance to meet everyone. Don't forget, you have been Exalts for at least a hundred years if not longer, giving you plenty of time to get to know one another.

Over the years, the various characters have become good friends, even if you are members of different factions, and when you are able to do so, you guys take the chance to get together and enjoy each other's company. You may not be BFFs, but you are all of a similar level of seniority, so you have some things in common with one another.

The Bachelor: Elder Lunar Edition. If you haven't been eaten or driven stark raving mad by the end of the season, you win. Or maybe blind date roulette with Ma Ha Suchi, Raksi, and Leviathan?

Sure you can be affiliated with the Silver faction. Those Lunars need some love, too.

:closed eyes open smile: Uhh, I'm pretty sure you have to actually hit me with one of those ribbons to do that. Bring it, peacock. I cannot execute any of my combos without flaring bonfire. I have two settings: Lazing around on the couch and "I didn't know we had a Severity level that high for Censure!" Nothing about this character is wise.

Oh Venus, there's two of you, probably both running Dreaming Pearl and Sapphire Veil. Well, this is clearly shaping up to be a harem comedy where we pick some unfortunate soul and make every terrifying threat in Creation fall in love with them, then dust off our hands and pat ourselves on the back for a job well done saving the world.

You should be thanking me. My original concept was of a Serenity that wanted to bed every Celestial Exalt. Possibly with a TMA that was all about using her nudity as defense...

I think I got my concept down. Just need to start putting it together.

I think I'll go the sea-faring ruffian route. Taking Celestial Dragon Style. And maybe petition to see if any dots of mutations are allowed to be used to enhance it.

I am torn, however. The endless hours SMA would be fun in being a dick to the pattern spiders. And have myself a Quicksilver scene of my own. Between that and the spiders sma. Will decide that later.

Sherwood Sherwood
Is it allowed to have duplicate artifacts, such as the perfected Kata bracers, or would you like that to be only in one charms hands?

If I wanted a boat(flying or otherwise) and crew, would that cost artifact or resources? And would I be limited in selection if I choose an artifact version?

Come to think of it. Would sail apply to flying ships?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back