• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood how should we go about finding the Angry Celestial Zombies? Consult our spy networks? Search the Loom for anomalies? Fan out and search each Direction? Wait until they stick their heads up by making a big disturbance and race to stop them?

If I were them I'd be chilling in the Underworld or Hell where Heaven would have a hard time getting me while I caught up with the state of the world and built my power base. If they do that I'm not sure how we might track them down, but I imagine Heaven has some kind of plan for that contingency. Visit the Embassy in Malfeas and petition some powerful demons to search for them on our behalf?
I will have a proper response to this soon.

Had to split up my CS just so I could do any editing. Was getting too laggy and unruly with that much content.

We will pause in the game long enough for Rykon and Ebon to get their sheets done, and will then move on. It will also give me time to get over my migraine. It's knocked me on my ass for the past couple of days, and I hope to have my head wrapped up soon.

A friend of mine gets em pretty often, I hear it's miserable. Again, hope this goes away soon.

On another note, thanks for putting up with me for one more everyone. I've got everything picked for this character unless I've made some sort of mistake. I ended up building around an SMA that wasn't in use, things started falling into place from there. I'm rather satisfied with the result.

I hope any overlap isn't an issue. There's not too much variety in the Sidereal charm set to draw on to begin with. At least, not many that wouldn't make someone wish they hadn't taken that one more martial art charm instead.

Ugh, heresy. Avoidance Kata? Neighbourhood Relocation Scheme? Cash and Murder Games? Someone Else's Destiny? Wanting and Fearing Prayer? Generalized Ammunition Technique? Many-Missiles Bow Technique? Subordinate Inspiration Technique? Ceasing to Exist Approach? Breaking the Wild Mortal?

Okay, sure, a lot of 2e Sidereal Charms are trash, but a lot of them are almost worth buying for the names alone. Sidereal Charms are hilarious and weird and I love them. I'm excited to see what 3e does with them.

Last edited:
Oh when they are good they are really good, don't get me wrong. Some of the truly amazing ones, like Avoidance Kata, are great enough to be ubiquitous. Its just that there are far less sidereal native charms in general. Couple that with the sacrifices made to meet the expectation of silliness, and I end up having to stick to the bare necessities a Sidereal needs to operate in the field. Speaking of...

With this character, I can attack someone from surprise for a scene, ignore all armor soak, negate natural soak through indiscriminate aggravated damage, and have any damage or disease that any of us plague them with in the process also impact all their friends allies or underlings in a 25 mile radius. The only caveat being is it doesn't immediately kill the allies and such, just incapacitates to the border of death. Were I to put this against even some of my hardiest combat monster PCs, it would be a frightening fight.

It does sadden me that I had to sacrifice investment into the native charm set and all the appeal and wonder it contains, but the trade off may very well be worth it. I know its not liable to be as majestic in execution as I imagine, but I can't help but appreciate its potential.

Oh when they are good they are really good, don't get me wrong. Some of the truly amazing ones, like Avoidance Kata, are great enough to be ubiquitous. Its just that there are far less sidereal native charms in general. Couple that with the sacrifices made to meet the expectation of silliness, and I end up having to stick to the bare necessities a Sidereal needs to operate in the field. Speaking of...

With this character, I can attack someone from surprise for a scene, ignore all armor soak, negate natural soak through indiscriminate aggravated damage, and have any damage or disease that any of us plague them with in the process also impact all their friends allies or underlings in a 25 mile radius. The only caveat being is it doesn't immediately kill the allies and such, just incapacitates to the border of death. Were I to put this against even some of my hardiest combat monster PCs, it would be a frightening fight.

It does sadden me that I had to sacrifice investment into the native charm set and all the appeal and wonder it contains, but the trade off may very well be worth it. I know its not liable to be as majestic in execution as I imagine, but I can't help but appreciate its potential.

And here i am just happy I can turn into a dragon man and add lots of dots to my attributes.

Also! Not sure of its possible... may I may be able to exploit my position with a Resplendent Destiny to do a feat of strength 150+.

The best part being is that its a support power any one in the party can make use of.

Imagine being suddenly granted the privilege of legitimately slapping someone hard enough for their whole family to feel it.

The best part being is that its a support power any one in the party can make use of.

Imagine being suddenly granted the privilege of legitimately slapping someone hard enough for their whole family to feel it.
Like this?

Tenor (1).gif

Greetings from me as well. :)

Thank you all for letting me participate and also thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as I once again undergo the character creation process after quite a long time.

If only there was a secret "Auspicious Creation of Maidens' Chosen Technique" to employ for this one.

On a related note to Rykon's very enticing character preview, I aim to try and avoid too much overlapping, if I can, even though I'm not sure I'll manage. Hopefully I'll choose one of the not-yet-in-use SMA styles (though they're not many left and as you all know they sometimes tend to be somewhat peculiar in their descriptions/effects) and see how it goes from there. :)

I probably did you no favors by branching out, sorry about that. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back