• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings evermour college for the gifted

nei

she’s half my soul, as the poets say
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

a roleplay by choom & chair

evermour

college for the gifted

main

cs

ooc

tags

slice of life, supernatural, college, dark academia

after school

weeekly

• once upon a dream...

We have all heard of the witch trials across Europe and North America in the 1700s, causing thousands of deaths of innocent people. People who were accused of possessing extraordinary abilities, called witches at the time. Devil's practitioners. These people were persecuted and wrongfully prosecuted for nothing more than existing in peace. Nowadays, we are all taught that these witches did not exist, and that these people were ordinary people with knowledge of science and progressive ideologies.
    What if I tell you that this is wrong? What if I tell you that these people did, in fact, possess extraordinary abilities? That people existed, who could control the elements, or shift into grotesque beasts, or were faster and stronger than the average human being? And what if I tell you these people still exist, living among us?

At the time of the witch trials across the world, witches were being hunted down for sport, to the point that these people were being threatened with extinction. This dorced them to go into hiding, living in secluded areas or simply stopping to use their abilities, in fear of being found out about. This went on until in 1654 word spread that a group of witches had began to fight back against the opression, calling themselves "The Gifted". They made a name for themselves after publicly executing a man who has supposedly slaughtered fifteen witches - these events sparked a massive outbreak over the course of the next century. Finally, the Gifted had found a voice for themselves, inspiring them to fight back in the name of freedom.

Near the end of the eighteenth century an end to this ongoing conflict seemed to be in sight. In 1778 in London, one of the most progressive cities of that time due to the progressive rights pertaining gifted at the time, typics - people without exptraordinary abilities - and gifted came together and signed a peace treaty, allowing the gifted to exist in peace and to be protected under the law. An end to a war lasting over a century, though the conflict and hate always remained.

In 1781, an actual witch by the name of Anne Morten founded an institution, functioning as a place to protect these extraordinary people. Evermore Institute, founded in the homonymous town, was a place where gifted could come and exist without fear, building a life of some sorts of their own. The institute was welcoming to typics as well, allowing some sort of unity between gifted and typics. Located in an abandoned castle, shielded from the outside word, initally the institute was meant to remain hidden, but word spread.

Anne Mortem wished to create a world of peace and unity, where everyone could live alongside each other.

Over time, The Evermour Institution evolved and had become a school of sorts, a place for children and youth to learn to control their abilities and to get them ready for the world outside the premises, if they ever wished to leave the institute. From the age of eleven to eighteen and older, the students would follow a variety of subjects and lengthy training so that these people too would have a chance in the outside world, for them to be able to function and live as a typic.

Even the adults within the community had a place at the school. They could work there as teachers, counsellors and other staff members, doing their part at providing these children the needed support for a bright future. This way, everyone within Evermour had a place at the school, a purpose of some sorts.

After Anne Mortem's passing, it took two generations for the institute to be recognised as a school. Though the first headmaster - Towser Luceos - was head of the school when Evermour received this official status, Anne Mortem would always be remembered as the founder of the institute.

Nowadays, even with the evolving world, Evermour continues to thrive as a college for youth between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, providing a regular education as well as embracing the gifted identity of its students. A college at which its students would be able to follow a variety of subjects, ranging from anything crucial found in the outside world, to a variety of subjects pertaining to the students' evolving abilities.

hi lovelies!! if you've made it this far, thanks for reading < 3 this roleplay will revolve around a cast of students & teachers alike, attending evermour university. essentially, it's supernatural meets small town meets slice of life. if this interests you in anyway, comment below, & i'll get in touch asap!!

have a magical day <3

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡
[/USER][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border][/border]

Last edited:
Interested! One of my most developed OCs is non-human. I think this'll fit them perfectly. I also have a character who could work as a teacher.

hi! thank you all for the interest!! I’ll get the cs up & going soon. as for the question of non-human characters it IS possible!

so is the rp already started? if so, where is it?
I do not believe it has started, I think the discord will serve as the out of character chat while we work on our character sheets

so is the rp already started? if so, where is it?
nope, not yet!! we plan on starting it around the 3rd of january at the latest

shameless little bump

Oooooh very interesting, count me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back