• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Evergate Rampart] Red Snow

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Kane/Eliza TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: Common | <Beastial> | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

She made a note of Kane's reply. This might be a set-up, but he sounded less convinced than she thought he might. That was peculiar. Then again, she was also glad she seemed to have bought Eliza back on board. Between having those two on board, stuff should work out. Hopefully.

Kane's reply made her laugh. “A seer? No, I'm nothing that fancy. I just like to check a crime-scene thoroughly. I can't let the past or future go unnoticed, although I wish I'd see more of it.” She clicked her tongue. “I could describe it to you in more detail, if you want me to.” She had an [Eidetic Memory] after all. She'd do so if he asked, otherwise she'd continue as usual.

“Truthfully, that seems to be the likeliest option by far...” An idea sprang to mind. “If you're feeling brave, we could test it right here and now. You're Adriano's family. If it reacted to him, it might also react to you. You could go stand above those holes, we'll turn away for a bit. See if it gets to you. If it does, we'll know it was those things for sure. We'll just have to ensure you'd be unarmed and that we'd be able to get you away from those things before they'd make your murder someone as well... or if you think that's too risky, we should inform the guards that they might want to keep folk away from this area for now and assume those things got him.”

Her other words made Victorique ponder. “Something dark...” She snapped her finger. “Ah, perhaps a type of curse or dark magic? I wish I could sense those, but alas, I cannot. Do you have any magic or sixth senses to you that you might use or was it more like a gut feeling?” She figured she'd double-check that part with Eliza. Would be a waste for her to have abilities like that only to never use them.

The next bit of news was welcome. “Good, good.” She murmured, before he came with his conditions. “What would you want out of a thing like this? I could get you a lot, connections, fame, favours. I bet miss Eliza and her family would pay handsomely to help saving their brother. If it's curiosity, I can guarantee you that this will only become more and more interesting. If this case taught me anything, it's that this is definitely not a plain and simple murder. Heck, if you want, I bet we'd even be able to spin this tale so you could become the [Hero of Evergate]. How does that sound? I know these Hero titles don't mean a whole, as I became Hero of Norroburry after a single investigation, but it'd be nice for folk to be forced to admit you're a bit more worth of their respect and attention, no?” She was using [Ultimate Argument] to sound convincing, but also to keep a close eye on his reactions to all she said. After all, she wanted to know which of her words managed to hit certain notes or not. What things he was interested in or not. “Anyhow, lead the way, I'd say.”

She turned to Eliza. “It'd probably be best if I don't walk in with you in tow, so they won't assume I'll just try to break him out. If you'd be willing to keep working on solving this, especially as I might want to cross-reference what he claims with you, would there be a place you'd be willing to wait on us?” With that asked, she'd follow Kane to meet up with Adriano.

Ultimate Argument – Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Perception C, Persuasion D, Law D, Energised B – Character takes in any information they can from someone and uses it when carefully picking their tone of voice and mannerisms to convey their argument in the most persuasive manner, tailored to whatever might suit the person they're trying to convince. - Grade B – 3 Post Cooldown.

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png
Equipped Titles: Human, Mage, Compassionate, Bibliophile
Interactions: Professor Neco ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece ) | Gyld ( gmimperfecti gmimperfecti )
Languages: Common | [Terran]

As Phoebe waited on a response for her inquiry from Gyld, the Professor spoke again, saying she was welcome to take a look at his collection. "Thank you for the offer, Professor. Perhaps after we get back I could take a look at few books." The conversation then took an interesting turn at the Professor's mention of his visions. "I see, well I'm very honored that you allowed me to join you in this excursion." Phoebe usually wasn't one to believe in destiny given the relative mundaneness of her old world in comparison to this one, but what Professor Neco said about his visions did seem like it was a little more credible than the fortune tellers of her old world given magic actually existed. "I'm curious, you said these visions run in your family Professor? Do you by chance come from a lineage of mages? Such a power does sound magical in nature." Regardless of the Professor's answer to her question, Phoebe figured that she'd give the same benefit of the doubt she held for the Professor's visions to Gyld's visions of the White Bear.

Speaking of the White Bear, that comment about anti-venom was slightly concerning. Phoebe didn't expect this hunt to exactly be a safe one, they are hunting a literal bear after all, but this is the first bear she's heard of that seems to be venomous. As Phoebe grabbed a sack to fill with her own supplies for the hunt, turned to the Professor and Gyld. "By the way, what kind of beast is this White Bear we're hunting? As I said before, the study of magical beasts in particular isn't something I have too much experience in." She asked as she started grabbing a few essentials for a journey in the cold, grabbing a few rations, one of the cloaks and binoculars, as well as some medical supplies since she didn't know any healing magic yet. As for the flint and steel and water skin, she decided to leave the ones that the Professor had since she already had her own fire starting kit and water skin on her.

"Oh, and to answer your question about Ryken from earlier, Gyld, I'd say it would be more fitting to call it a commercial city more than anything, though it does have a magic academy." She cleared her throat a bit before continuing. "By the way, where are you from Gyld? I've never met a beastkin such as yourself before."

"Oh?" Gyld perked up as Phoebe expressed interest him. He preened his feathers as he paused dramatically. "Do you know of the Eternal Glade? A portion of it touches upon the Republic's forest. You may join me there." He titled his head, arching an eyebrow, "I understand you have a tremendous curiosity in magic, and what is more magical than I?"

"We'll definitely be wanting more vials of that anti-venom as well, magic as useful as it is and distance or not, you really do not want to suffer too many blows from the white bear which I've seen.."

Gyld could barely contain his excitement as he watched the preparations unfolding. The human talk was a bit tedious for him, and he was more than eager to venture out into the wild and face the challenges that awaited them. He paced restlessly, his massive paws leaving slight imprints on the floor, his feathers slightly fluffed with anticipation.

"White bear, venom, cold, and danger, what more could we ask for?" Gyld rumbled, his voice low and vibrant with contained energy. "Let's go, and I will lead. My claws, my domain, they long for the thrill of the hunt."

After mentioning that Professor Neco made his way over to a wooden trap door of sorts off to the side near one of the bookshelves and opened it up, revealing a space below with a wooden ladder leading down into the wooden basement space which there appeared to be a lot of supplies stocked on shelves all packaged and labelled accordingly, sorted by a system which Professor Neco had picked, as the space automatically lit up revealing this once the door had been opened, perhaps some kind of magic at play in the building.

"Now then..if either of you would like to see what I have to offer, of course I invite either of you to take a look and pack anything you find of value on our journey, I have some bags which will let us carry goods with relative ease for the trip..they can also hold quite a bit more than they look while also reducing the weight..not that I think all three of us would have an issue with that anyway." He said with a bit of a warm laugh, looking to Gyld, implying he was the physically strongest there which was more than likely true. Professor Neco motioned to a pile below of sacks which had strings on them so that they could be worn more like a back pack, at an initial glance their size looked modest.
The supplies were varied from preserved rations, repellent, flint and steel, ropes, binocular like instruments, water skins, medical supplies, as well as cold resistant dark colored cloaks as well as a variety of other goods ideal for transversing the harsh climate that was the Rotian wilderness.

He looked down into the basement through the trapdoor. It was rather small for his current form. Dark green energy slithered out from Gyld's body, contorting his form, restructuring it into a creature more akin to the avian elements of his nature. The air around him began to shimmer with a verdant radiance, the aura of his Domain, the Eternal Glade, becoming palpable. The energy reflected the timeless essence of the forest - an ever-present witness to the cycles of life and death, the ebb and flow of nature itself.

His form started to compact, shrinking as the energy folded around him. His thick bear-like hindquarters started to reduce, morphing seamlessly into the sleeker form of a bird. The thick fur receded, giving way to an array of soft, brown feathers. His massive claws retracted, replaced by the delicate, yet strong talons of an owl. The transformation was swift yet fluid, a testament to the magic of the Eternal Glade and Gyld's command over it.

His upper body shifted next, the bearish aspect dissolving into a sleek, feathered form. The change was not drastic as the owl was always prominent in his upper half, yet it was noticeable as the bear's strength was replaced by the owl's agility and grace.

His wide, penetrating owl eyes stayed the same, still reflecting the same wisdom and intelligence. The size changed, of course, to accommodate his new, smaller form, but the keen gaze was just as intense. His beak became sharper, the rugged charm of the owlbear replaced by the refined elegance of the owl.

The dark green energy pulsed around him, flowing like a magical river, carrying the essence of the wild, of the forest, and of the creatures inhabiting it. The power of the Eternal Glade was visible in his transformation, reflecting Gyld's deep connection with the wild and its forces.

With a final surge of energy, the transformation was complete. Where the formidable owlbear once stood, now perched a majestic owl, an embodiment of grace and wisdom, radiating a primal energy that was both serene and powerful. Gyld's eyes glowed, a silent affirmation of his successful transformation. Despite his reduced form, he still commanded respect, his presence a testament to his strength and authority. As he spread his wings, ready to take flight, he looked every bit as magnificent and awe-inspiring as he did in his original form.

Smaller now, he leaped down through the trapdoor and into the basement. His eyes gleamed like burnished amber at the pile of sacks. With a few jumps he isolated a pair of sacks. "And those, I can carry if needed. Although I'm strong and ready for any challenge, a few more supplies are fine as well."

He paused, his beak swiveling to scent at the various food stuffs. "But the most important stuff I shall carry with me." He hooted once before his jaws unhinged like a snakes and he shoved a weeks worth of food into his mouth in a matter of minutes. Handfuls of dried meat and berries, oats and bacon, all of it went down his gullet [Devour F].

Inspecting the other items, he talked to himself as he was want to do, "Fur I've got, and fire is the tool of man not of the forest. Best to avoid that."

His attention then turned to Phoebe as she asked about the white bear. Gyld paused for a moment, scratching his owl head thoughtfully. "White bear... Frosty creature, lives in the cold, strong and dangerous. Venomous, yes, that's a twist. But I've dealt with venom before, not a problem for an Owlbear," he stated confidently.

Having said that, he dumped medical supplies into one pouch, anti-venom, salves, and other such items. He had no particular skill in healing, so his selection was more based upon what looked or smelled interesting. The other sack he shoved a bunch of the dark colored cloaks. "These could make for a nice nest!"

With that, he stretched out his wings, a majestic sight that briefly eclipsed the light from several of the magical scones. His muscles rippled under his feathers and fur, and he leapt back up and out of the basement. Once more in the open space of the main floor, his body rippled again with dark green energy as his form expanded back into his native owlbear form. His gaze once again fell on the entrance of the hut, a silent statement of his eagerness to venture out and start their mission.

Then he grew impatient and added, "We should move now," he finally said, casting an expectant glance towards Professor Neco and Phoebe. "The day fades, and a cold trail only favors our prey!"

OOC:
- Takes two bags of holding, stuffed with cloaks and medical supplies.

Interaction Tags: Following the Gray Hoods and the White-haired Nobleman ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece )

Keeping on eye from her spot from above, Orchid did notice some more of those greyhoods around. Could be coincidence, or maybe this was a cult? Orchid wished she could eaves drop on them, but they were speaking a language she didn't recognize. Not Common at least, and doesn't sound anything close to orcish, maybe some native language? She's pretty sure they said a name though, so if she hears it again maybe she can pin the name to a face. Still, this was surely no coincidence. While Victorique seemed to be going somewhere, Orchid felt that she ought to investigate this lead for a bit. While she may not be able to glean any worthwhile information if everyone is going to be talking in this foreign tongue, maybe they'll lead Orchid to a hide out or something. If nothing else the fact the white-haired noble is consorting with these folks is something worth looking into, and probably something Victorique would want to know. So for now, Orchid stayed as hidden as she could, tracking the greycloaks and this noble guy to whatever clandestine location they were skulking off to. Hopefully none of them would consider looking up anytime soon, but in case they do get wise Orchid tried to keep in mind any other locations she could possible escape to. Worse comes to worse, she'll just throw herself over the city walls as a quick escape.

"Wonder if I could nab a Gray Hood myself. Would help me blend in with the rabble."

Kane Blackburne
crop-1.jpg
Kane didn't particularly react one way or another with her response to his seer comment. However he was having a hard time holding back a dark chuckle once again at her next suggestion, that Eliza disarm herself and stand directly in the way of the holes.

"You're giving someone like her way too much credit, as if a noble like her who grew up with a golden spoon in her mouth would risk her life!" Kane said as if the whole idea sounded preposterous to him.

"The last part of what you said makes a lot more sense to me." He said in a more relaxed tone, after the fact, as he looked between Eliza and Victorique.. While Kane was spouting this arguably biased assessment based on his presumptions, Eliza had an indignant pout which had developed on her face during the course of what he said, that had changed from her face of slight surprise at Victorique's suggestion.
Eliza
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 9.34.13 PM-1-1.png
"I wouldn't expect someone so low class and dirty to understand how deep the bond of a Talton goes." She said to Kane with a tone of contempt. "Of course I'll do it.."
Eliza then reached out and pulled out what appeared to be a blue gem amulet of sorts which she offered over to Victorique. "Here then it won't sense I'm armed.." She replied matter of fact, giving a side eye to Kane.

Kane actually looked a bit astonished at this development. "Woah, you really don't have too I mean..we don't know what that thing is capable of. We really could just tell the guards it'd be a lot saf-"

"Oh Zip it, the only reason I'm even tolerating you is because your helping my brother, I don't need a lecture from someone like you on what I should and should not do." She replied shortly. Despite this Eliza wouldn't move just yet, as she turned to Victorique,

"To answer your questions I can sense high concentrations of mana, and whatever I felt earlier as I said felt dark. Dark and heavy. I can sense a faint remnant of it even now. "

"With all of that said, naturally I'd be willing to do something like that even if it's for someone like him if we're successful in saving my brother..and what he says is true..I'll even go farther with the favor and try to convince Alfy to leave you alone if he starts talking about raising further issues with the way you've disrespected us. You'd have my word as a Talton."
She said looking to Kane not sounding particularly hostile like before but also not friendly, it was rather cold.

Then it was back to Kane with Victorique's response to what he had to say. Victorique's ability gave her insight to the fact that Kane appeared intrigued by what she had to say, a bit more during the connections and hero part than the other stuff she said with the way he perked up, thanks to her appraisal and their proximity she'd see details like his name and grade as well as titles. Not a ton too him yet, the lack of an executioner title showing that this was first day doing it alone as he said.

A bit of a grin returned to his face,
"Look, money fame, being a hero, that's all nice and all, but being real Victorique, the way I see it is with what I'm given. Who honestly thinks someone like me could actually be a hero even if I wanted too? Working in Rotia I'll probably live until I'm 30 if I'm lucky." It was hard to discern if he was being serious or telling a dark joke with the later line.

"But there is something that I did notice that I really wouldn't mind having that I don't think my dad or hell even his dad ever had, If I'm going to help you further with your investigation Victorique, then what I want...is your friendship." He'd proclaim.

"And I'm telling you right now, it'll be no easy task especially around these parts..But I'm not offering my first friend spot to just anybody I can tell you that much, so what do you say?"

Eliza promptly looked at Kane like he had two heads upon hearing that request. Just before the pair left Eliza would walk over just where the. small holes faced, and a slight movement could be heard under ground by those with advanced hearing, very similar to what Victorique had picked up on at the crime scene earlier with the strands.

After this transpired Eliza made her way away from the holes as she could. feel something was wrong, she'd make her way back over to Victorique and took her amulet back.

"I felt it again it was stronger this time...Yes I'll be waiting in the square, and I'll tell the proper authorities about this being a potentially dangerous area... think it'd be best if we all cleared out of here for now. " She said sounding serious once again, as she made her way away presuming that Victorique was going to follow Kane.

"See you later then. He said to Eliza.
---
Kane led Victorique through a series of streets until they made their way close to the barracks, since nearby that's where the dungeons were, near the actual fort and jutting off of it was an entrance to the area which he knew that Victorique needed access too. He wouldn't say too much unless she decided to speak to him, every now and again looking over to her as if to make sure she was actually following before continuing.

Dungeon Entrance
85b8f943175228351b1cdf8b662f8cbb.jpg
???
0af4ced798711d9972ea9505e205ed2f.jpg
There was a youthful guard in blue with sword at his side standing near the door wearing surprisingly very similar colors to that the the Talton members had been wearing. "Halt, what's your business here?" The guard inquired looking skeptically at the pair.

Kane spoke up, "Your Lady wanted me to come here since she wouldn't be permitted herself. I want to see if the guy is dressed properly for today's show, believe me I've been here before with my dad to take care of business and I know what a sloppy job they can do all the way out here."

He then gestured to Victorique, "And this is my assistant, she's learning the ins and outs of the craft you see, figured I could show her how it's done if you get what I'm saying.."

The guard looked back..before he carefully nodded, "I think I do understand what you're saying.." Despite Kane's words not holding any deception it looked like the guard might be inclined to help them out, there could have been any reasons why he had been stationed there, there was an indication that he had the key nevertheless.

Elvario Elvario
---

Professor Neco
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 11.31.35 PM-1-1.png
Professor Neco seemingly smiled warmly once more at Phoebe's comment about being honored, his ear twitched a bit by reflex when she asked about the visions. "Why yes, they do run in my family, as I was saying before you arrived, we believe the chances grow around the third life, you see, however I wouldn't say that they're all mages, we've certainly had some, but overall whether it magic, fate, or hereditary, I've yet to see one be incorrect." He reassured her.

"Hm yes, I think that briefing you further would be of value on the topic of the bear, what knowledge has been gathered about it thus far is that it's stature is quite impressive and weighty, they are quite physically strong, their thick coat helps protect their vitals from harm. They also appear to have a natural cold resistance, they have been reported to be naturally resistant against magic involving ice or cold temperatures..."

The good professor paused momentarily and looked pleasantly surprised when he looked over to see just how capable Gyld was of transforming his state for something which was more acceptable for the space.

"Well that's certainly an impressive shifting ability too, I cannot say I've met too many who can do similar."

"The venom I speak of, while I believe it's perfectly possible you have a natural resistance."
He said looking to Gyld briefly, he then looked back to Phoebe, "For you and me in particular it is something to be avoided. It's a nasty venom indeed, it's incredibly cold and freezes the target from the wound site outward depending on how serious the injury is. Being bitten is the worst case scenario as not only are their jaws powerful but the venom is the most potent in that area." Professor Neco clarified with that.

Professor Neco then supplemented his plain 'backpack' with a few more goods before he was all set to go taking in mind with what the others had taken already. He smiled once again when he saw Gyld swallow such a large supply of goods, as it as almost humorous but he didn't express it that way, instead the smile just looking friendly if anything.

What was particularly different however was when he put an amber amulet on, a Solaris gem which radiated a heat, that helped keep the body warm and circulating well, something which would prove to be very valuable in the climate they were going to head into. He procured two more offering one to Gyld and one to Phoebe.

"Keeping one of these close will help stave the cold off further."

"Regardless I think you are correct we should get a move on, the sooner we find this white bear the better."
Professor Neco then made his way back out of the basement and after the others had finished up, he'd wait to see if anyone needed to do anything else before they got going, and presuming that wasn't the case, he'd gesture for them to follow after him heading out of the building back onto the street making a beeline for the main street so that they could exit through the main entrance.

As Professor Neco made his way out and turned to talked he said,

"Unfortunately where we'll be heading it'll be difficult to make use of the portals in any meaningful way, they'll take us too far away from where we'll need to be, thankfully It shouldn't be unbearably long by foot to get the coast near where some of their grounds lie before it gets too dark. We're all more than capable at combat if need be, and we have the supplies."

As the group made it to the exit, after another large mecha thudded past them, they were met with the portal off to one side not far away from the entrance once more and some general pathways which had been designated going off into the snowy landscape that was the wilderness between settlements of Rotia, further cementing the idea that they were far out.

The professor would start walking toward the most eastern path, past the guards and portal. "Of course we'll be assuming quite a bit of personal risk, the farther we go out the less likely we are to run into help, but I'm certain you both already knew that; I'm simply reiterating. I'm certain we'll be fine If anything my vision was quite reassuring of our safety for the journey there."

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic
---
For the time being none of the hoods had any particular reason to actually look up, which was still fortunate for Orchid. Perhaps it was possible she could get her hands on one of their cloaks and see what was up, it was pretty clear it was pretty difficult to tell whoever was wearing them apart, what was to say they even all knew one another' s faces? At a minimum they knew Affonso's name at the very least.

One out of the two who hadn't spoke before , this one also appeared to be of a pretty average height and build, however a bit taller than the one with the feminine voice said, this time in common but in a masculine voice, "Are you sure we should be sticking our necks out for Affonso like this? I mean he might know that the gods look favorably upon us..but.."

The stouter one looked back and responded in Terran, however Orchid could tell from the stout ones voice tone and gestures that he was displeased with this suggestion. "What do you mean? But what? Have you no faith in what we are doing here? We're fighting against injustice."

Some of the other hooded figures seemed to nod in agreement with the sentiment.

The average one responded in common again, "Yes I know, but you do understand what'll happen if we get caught right?.."

The Tall one butted in, speaking Terran again, "Of course we do, I hope you aren't suggesting that you're getting cold feet.." Orchid could tell this tone almost had a menacing sound to it.

"O-Of course not. Right..then lets get a move on." The average one spoke in common again with a bit of a nervous tone.

Not long after that the group was on the move again. From Orchid's position she could see that Affonso and the other hood were on the move too, and thankfully the group she had been tailing was still staying close the buildings in the darkness, after quite a bit of trailing time had passed with them moving, for some reason; it seemed people passing by didn't even notice they were there, the group of cloaks arrived in front of some fairly large stone statue of a mecha that looked very similar to the type which was guarding the gate, with an inscription in Terran that Orchid naturally could not read. The way it was presented made it seem heroic, probably some hero monument.

Suddenly the stout one placed their hand on the side of the statue, and a strange blue rune appeared on the statue base that Orchid could see, small sparks of mana energy spewing out, and suddenly all of the hooded figures vanished, as if they had been taken somewhere. It was as if they hadn't been there at all.

Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher

Last edited:

Interaction Tags: Talking to locaks ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece )

So far so good, no one realized Orchid was trailing the gray hoods and some were talking in a language she actually understood. Granted she only knew one side of the conversation, but it was better than nothing. Something about this "Affonso" person, who Orchid guessed was either the white-haired noble from before, or maybe the one that was accused of murder. Said noble also seemed to be converging with the group, so Orchid made sure to follow. She figured they would head further into the alley, or maybe into one of the buildings, but instead they go to some sort of big stone statue. Again, Orchid figured this was just a meeting spot, but instead the gray cloaks vanished after one of them touched a part of the statue and the whole group vanished. No one seemed to notice except Orchid, making her wonder if this was normal or not.

This was well beyond what Orchid was capable of. Sure, she could try to figure something out, maybe take some etchings or recordings, but ultimately she'd just be gathering clues she wouldn't understand. It was time for Orchid to find Victorique and report what she's found out. But before she does, Orchid takes take out her journal and make some notes about the location, what she overheard, and what she saw. She tries her best to keep the speculations short: she didn't want to jump to the wrong conclusion after all.

"Stone Statue Mech, some language I don't understand, magic blue circle? Affonse was mentioned. Gray Cloaks are covering for him for some reason. They're favored by the gods, clerics? White-haired Noble Boy with Gray Cloaks. 5 cloaks in an alley, 1 with the noble. Vanished at the statue."

Orchid finishes by making a rough map of the area based off the landmarks and general shape of the area: she doesn't intend to go through the alleys and continue roof hopping, and hopefully once she finds Victorique she'll be able to follow. Speaking of the halfling, Orchid lost track of her. She vaguely remembers seeing her leave the wall, but has little idea where she went. Chances are however she's following up on her investigation so maybe she found a clue as well. Or maybe she went to talk to witnesses. Orchid tried to think who she could be asking for. From what Daphe had told her, the white-haired girl was a noble, Talon or Talton, Orchid didn't quite remember. The one with the axe was a local executioner. Chances are both would know where the accused murderer is, but there's also a possibility that Victorique went to talk to the family of the victim... If the kid had a family, which just makes Orchid wonder more about why she hasn't heard much more about the victim.

She couldn't explain why, but it just felt somehow wrong that no one was giving any information about who was killed. Maybe it's just because Orchid still remembers her past life and how modern news media tends to highlight the actions of the killer, but Dafne didn't even tell Orchid if the kid was a boy or a girl. An orphan, a peasant, or another noble. Just a kid, which reeks of an easy heart-tugging tragedy to frame someone. Maybe Victorique picked up on this as well and wanted to look more into it. Especially if this was a conspiracy and maybe the kid isn't even dead: maybe they were actually a halfling like Victorique is and people just assumed she was a child. Either way, Orchid decided that she was going to investigate the victim's family.

So first thing's first, she needed to gather some information. Getting back to the scene of the murder, Orchid would sneak back to the ground level and casually talk to some locals about what had happened, specifically trying to find out more about the victim. She decided she'll play up the hero angle here: she wants to find the family and offer her condolences, relying on her [Gregarious] nature and natural Persuasion (E) for folks to believe her. She also tries to find any about any gray cloaks if folks have information to offer: Orchid would claim that others have told her rumors about seeing folks with face obscuring gray cloaks in the area, so hopefully someone would know who they are. Either a secretive cult or maybe an actual organization here that Orchid just never met yet. Finally, she asks if anyone has seen the Executioner or the Talton girl nearby, having questions for them. But what It she really wanted was to track Victorique down, since those two where last seen with her.

[Gregarious] - Whether the character is among enemies or allies, they seem to know what to say or do that lets them thrive in the situation. A story or apt compliment, the character can make a good situation more fun or a bad situation more agreeable.

Last edited:
Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Kane/Eliza TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Lots of surprises followed, one after another. For one, just how eager Kane was to make enemies with Eliza. “Oh come on, she's been nice thus far.” She replied, a bit annoyed at how much he was pushing this. It felt redundant. That, and she'd taken a liking to Eliza. That grew when she heard the girl's reaction. Perhaps Kane had been on the right track after all, luring out this reaction from Eliza. Even so, she sighed, being a bit annoyed by Eliza as well. “I commend you on your bravery, but let's keep the classicism out of it. I've never been a fan.” She commented, as she took the blue gem amulet and appraised it (Ultimate Detective C / Appraisal C) to figure out what it was. Curiosity killed the halfling, perhaps, but it was an instinct by now.

To her surprise, Kane actually respected the effort as well. She nodded at Eliza's sense of mana, that was good information. Still, it was a shame it came from such a biased source. Eliza's testimony would mean next to nothing to help her brother. She also sighed at Eliza's words. Man, this classicism was annoying. She was nice, but clearly she'd grown up with a stick up her ass.

Kane was more interesting, in that regard. A plain human, nothing too strong. Still hadn't even gotten the proper title for this job yet. That said, his words were where her real interest was directed towards. “Bloody hell, that's an annoyingly bleak outlook. If you're convinced of something that stupid, you're sure to live up to it. I'm a tiny halfling woman with a smoking addiction and here I am challenging folk left and right by investigating stuff, gods and whatnot included, and I'm somehow still going and managing to become a hero of certain places. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too. Just get out of here if you want to live long and do something meaningful.” She didn't sound all that encouraging as much as she sounded annoyed at how flawed his reasoning was. Hence she'd use [Ultimate Argument C] to prove him wrong.

She fell silent upon his request, being silent for a fair while. Waiting for him to laugh like he'd told a funny joke. He didn't. Instead, he doubled down on it. She chuckled. “You're a fun guy. That's such a surprisingly wholesome request. Although I do feel a bit insulted...” She'd pause a bit on purpose. “... that you would still think that I'd shy away from something due to it not being easy. I strolled through the Underbelly, met some Undead King and challenged whatever gods or rulers give titles. You'd think making one slightly troublesome, but fun and interesting sounding dude a friend of mine would be too much for me? I'd say bring it on. Just know that I don't tend to be any less moody towards my friends.” She spoke the last sentence partially as a tease, partially as a threat.

That's when she was distracted by Eliza. She'd immediately use [Ultimate Future Detective] on what might happen, in case she should warn Eliza, followed by a normal Ultimate Detective to keep up with what was going on and finished off with Ultimate Past Detective to spot things she might've missed the first time around... but not much happened. “Thanks for confirming it for us and yeah, make sure to inform them. Not just for their and the people's sakes, but also to lend a bit more credibility to the claim later down the line.” She replied, although she was a bit disappointed. She'd wanted her to get taken over altogether to see what'd happen. It's a shame Rachael or Orchid weren't here right now, otherwise she'd try to get taken by that magic herself and just have Rachael or Orchid stop her.

Wait... where did Orchid go? Hadn't she been tailing her for a bit? She clicked her tongue. That might be annoying later down the line. Well, for now, she'd still have Kane. On the topic of Kane, he brought her to the Dungeon. “What a cosy place. I feel right back at home like in the Underbelly.” She'd jest, although she did sound surprisingly comfortable with these type of places.

She'd let Kane do the talking to the guards. Not a lot she had to say there. Except... his argument was horrible. That said, she figured she could join in on the joke. “Indeed, I'm eager to learn from the best and can't wait to see some action~ The blood splattering onto walls and ceilings, desperate mumbling and groaning, grown folk crying their eyes out in fear, soiling themselves in public~ It's all some great stuff that I'm eager to get my hands on. It's amazing to look down onto the head of someone as it's been neatly chopped off, a good turn-around of the usual! Ah, I can't wait to see who's next~” She added, using [Ultimate Argument] again and adding some flair with [Bulvark's Touch].

With that joke gone, however, it was time to get serious. She'd need to figure out what this man wanted. Money? Promises? Was he actually on Adriano's side? Was he just lazy? There were enough options, but she figured she'd be able to boil them down if she'd used [Ultimate Detective] with is Appraisal on the guard. She'd have this case cracked in no-time.

Ultimate Detective – Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Investigation D, Perception C, Law D, Energised B – Character combines all their applicable senses and knowledge to get to the bottom of a mysteries or to be on high alert for clues, dangers or hints. - Grade B – 3 Post Cooldown.

Ultimate Argument – Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Perception C, Persuasion D, Law D, Energised B – Character takes in any information they can from someone and uses it when carefully picking their tone of voice and mannerisms to convey their argument in the most persuasive manner, tailored to whatever might suit the person they're trying to convince. - Grade B – 3 Post Cooldown.

Ultimate Future Detective – Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Investigation D, Perception C, Precognition F, Energised B – Character peers a few seconds into the future and combines all their applicable senses and knowledge to get to the bottom of a mysteries or to be on high alert for clues, dangers or hints. Also gives a +1 speed boost. – Grade B – 3 Post Cooldown.

Ultimate Past Detective – Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Investigation D, Perception C, Postcognition F, Energised B – Character peers up to one minute into the past of a specific creature or object and combines all their applicable senses and knowledge to get to the bottom of a mysteries or to be on high alert for clues, dangers or hints. – Grade B – 3 Post Cooldown.

[Bulvark's Touch] - Due to your interaction with the First Tyrant, Ryke Bulvark, you emit an aura of dominance to any that you talk to. Whoever you interact with will feel like they are talking to a giant, to an intimidating figure. Echoes of Bulvark's twisted laugh can be heard by the character and those speaking to the character. Great for interactions.

Last edited:
Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png
Interactions: Professor Neco ( TheTimePiece TheTimePiece ) | Gyld ( gmimperfecti gmimperfecti )

“No, I can’t say that I’m too terribly familiar with the Eternal Glade.” It'd probably be an embarrassing thing to admit, but even though the Republic was one of Ryke's immediate neighbors, Phoebe never really learned much about the country other than just the basic facts, so she'd not heard of such a place until now. As for the claim about himself being the most magical creature of them all, he certainly was ready to back up that claim, transforming from the menacing owl bear form into the familiar form of a regular owl. It certainly was quite the impressive and fascinating sight to behold, being the first instance of transformation magic Phoebe’s witnessed.

“Third life? What do you mean by that?” She was definitely familiar with the myth that cats have 9 lives, but was that actually a thing in this world? And if it’s not magic, what else could it be?

As Phoebe finished packing up her supplies, she listened intently as the Professor explained the nature of the beast they were to hunt. “I see, it definitely seems like the creature for a grand hunt indeed.” Let’s just hope I don’t get too close to it…

“Ah, thank you Professor.”
She took the amber amulet and put it on as well. The warmth it provided was pretty soothing and was definitely gonna be useful out in the field. Indeed, once they stepped outside of the Professor’s lab and into the outside world, the freezing cold wasn’t as prevalent as before. And as the trio exited the city and ventured into the snow covered countryside, Phoebe drew her wand and kept it at the ready. “That’s comforting to hear, I’ll still be ready if anything comes at us, regardless.”

Last edited:

1686331967693.png

“No, I can’t say that I’m too terribly familiar with the Eternal Glade.” It'd probably be an embarrassing thing to admit, but even though the Republic was one of Ryke's immediate neighbors, Phoebe never really learned much about the country other than just the basic facts, so she'd not heard of such a place until now. As for the claim about himself being the most magical creature of them all, he certainly was ready to back up that claim, transforming from the menacing owl bear form into the familiar form of a regular owl. It certainly was quite the impressive and fascinating sight to behold, being the first instance of transformation magic Phoebe’s witnessed.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Gyld's golden eyes twinkled with satisfaction at Phoebe's awe. "We of the Eternal Glade hold transformation as our birthright, it's part of our harmony with the Circle. Some say beyond the Circle there is a greater mystery." His voice conveyed a calm excitement and an attempt at perhaps sounding mystical and pendantic, still there was a genuine the thrill of sharing a piece of his world mixed amongst the deep seated desire for people to worship him.

"Hm yes, I think that briefing you further would be of value on the topic of the bear, what knowledge has been gathered about it thus far is that it's stature is quite impressive and weighty, they are quite physically strong, their thick coat helps protect their vitals from harm. They also appear to have a natural cold resistance, they have been reported to be naturally resistant against magic involving ice or cold temperatures..."

As Phoebe finished packing up her supplies, she listened intently as the Professor explained the nature of the beast they were to hunt. “I see, it definitely seems like the create for a grand hunt indeed.” Let’s just hope I don’t get too close to it…

"Indeed, it will be a challenge worthy of our combined strength." Gyld's voice was rich with anticipation. His gaze turned toward the horizon (albeit hidden by the inside wall), imagining the grand hunt to come. "The White Bear's Icy Might... this will be a clash of titans! Perhaps we should find a bard or someone who could turn this into an epic."

The good professor paused momentarily and looked pleasantly surprised when he looked over to see just how capable Gyld was of transforming his state for something which was more acceptable for the space.

"Well that's certainly an impressive shifting ability too, I cannot say I've met too many who can do similar."

"I'm always ready to inspire," Gyld chuckled, preening his wings modestly. The professor's praise only seemed to spur his enthusiasm. "Magic and nature, they make for quite the amazing combination."

"The venom I speak of, while I believe it's perfectly possible you have a natural resistance." He said looking to Gyld briefly, he then looked back to Phoebe, "For you and me in particular it is something to be avoided. It's a nasty venom indeed, it's incredibly cold and freezes the target from the wound site outward depending on how serious the injury is. Being bitten is the worst case scenario as not only are their jaws powerful but the venom is the most potent in that area." Professor Neco clarified with that.

"Bear in mind,", Gyld made a small chuckle at his own pun, "Professor, I'm not one to shy away from danger." Gyld said, a hint of humor in his voice. "But I appreciate the caution. We'll be sure to tread carefully."

Professor Neco then supplemented his plain 'backpack' with a few more goods before he was all set to go taking in mind with what the others had taken already. He smiled once again when he saw Gyld swallow such a large supply of goods, as it as almost humorous but he didn't express it that way, instead the smile just looking friendly if anything.

Gyld's eyes gleamed with amusement as he watched the professor pack. "Don't worry, I have room to spare." he declared, with a playful nod towards his owl form.

What was particularly different however was when he put an amber amulet on, a Solaris gem which radiated a heat, that helped keep the body warm and circulating well, something which would prove to be very valuable in the climate they were going to head into. He procured two more offering one to Gyld and one to Phoebe.

"Keeping one of these close will help stave the cold off further."

“Ah, thank you Professor.” Pheobe took the amber amulet and put it on as well. The warmth it provided was pretty soothing and was definitely gonna be useful out in the field. Indeed, once they stepped outside of the Professor’s lab and into the outside world, the freezing cold wasn’t as prevalent as before. And as the trio exited the city and ventured into the snow covered countryside, Phoebe drew her wand and kept it at the ready. “That’s comforting to hear, I’ll still be ready if anything comes at us, regardless.”

"Excellent," Gyld said, accepting the gem with a nod of appreciation. "I do welcome gifts freely given and donations offered to myself. Even if it will be unnecessary for me, I shall wear it as a token of our relationship." The amulate was too small to fit on his neck, but Gyld managed to wrap it around one of his hind paws like an anklet.

"Regardless I think you are correct we should get a move on, the sooner we find this white bear the better." Professor Neco then made his way back out of the basement and after the others had finished up, he'd wait to see if anyone needed to do anything else before they got going, and presuming that wasn't the case, he'd gesture for them to follow after him heading out of the building back onto the street making a beeline for the main street so that they could exit through the main entrance.

"Agreed, Professor," Gyld replied, fluffing his feathers in preparation. "There's no time like the present. The white bear awaits us, and I'm eager to eat-" He paused, eyes glancing around to see if anyone noticed, "Meet this formidable creature."

As Professor Neco made his way out and turned to talked he said, "Unfortunately where we'll be heading it'll be difficult to make use of the portals in any meaningful way, they'll take us too far away from where we'll need to be, thankfully It shouldn't be unbearably long by foot to get the coast near where some of their grounds lie before it gets too dark. We're all more than capable at combat if need be, and we have the supplies."

As the group made it to the exit, after another large mecha thudded past them, they were met with the portal off to one side not far away from the entrance once more and some general pathways which had been designated going off into the snowy landscape that was the wilderness between settlements of Rotia, further cementing the idea that they were far out.

The professor would start walking toward the most eastern path, past the guards and portal. "Of course we'll be assuming quite a bit of personal risk, the farther we go out the less likely we are to run into help, but I'm certain you both already knew that; I'm simply reiterating. I'm certain we'll be fine If anything my vision was quite reassuring of our safety for the journey there."

The golden hue of Gyld's eyes sparked with a sense of adventure as they surveyed the snowy landscape stretching out before them. Gyld couldn't help to contain his excitement, his hind quarters bunched and he leapt 30 feet into the air several times like a dog excitedly jumping to catch a ball [Jump F]. His feathers fluffed slightly in the chill of the air, the amber amulet around his back paw glowing warmly against his fur. His stance was all excitement, poised and ready to face the wilderness with an unyielding spirit.

"Risk is part of the thrill," Gyld responded, his voice carried a hint of the green energy of the Eternal Glade manipulating the air to create an an echo of the wild winds rustling through the distant trees [Domain: Eternal Glade -> Control Environment F]. He turned to face Professor Neco and Phoebe, the excitement in his eyes undeniable. "With you two at my side, I have no doubt we'll face whatever comes our way. Let's set forth into the wild."

With that, he stretched out, the dark green energy of the Eternal Glade shimmering around him momentarily further manipulating the environment to add artistry to the pose he was striking. His massive back paws crunched the fresh snow beneath them while his forearms tore at the snow with his owl talons as he moved towards the eastern path. His large frame seemed to dance naturally with the wilderness, as he wove himself into and around the landscape itself.

His golden gaze locked onto the path ahead, Gyld led the way with confidence -- even though he didn't really know where he was going that had never stopped him before -- his steps certain and unfaltering. Every fiber of his being hummed with anticipation, an eager, restless energy coursing through his veins. This was his domain, the wild, and the prospect of the hunt was invigorating. The thrill of the unknown, the promise of a worthy challenge... it was a call he would never resist.

"Come!" he called back to his companions, leaping and bounding about, catching some of the lower roofs and awning, clinging for a moment before dropping back down to the snowy ground, his voice a deep rumble that echoed through the last of the town's streets. He paused looking out at the horizon and the silent snowy expanse. "The Eternal White awaits us! Let us hunt it's champion, rip it's still beating heart from it's chest, and devour of the White Bear all it's power in a bloody rite of passage!!!"

Thankfully Orchid was able to navigate the roofs once again without there being issues until she was on ground level again. By asking around locals were able to direct Orchid to the site of the murder. And by the time she got back to the actual crime scene she was met by a guard who looked at her curiously he was wielding a spear. Out of all the locals only one claimed to know what the murdered child was named, Kris Brimly, apparently. Other details were pretty scarce on that front of things given how some didn't even seem to know what the child's name was, perhaps there was something larger at play there.
Crime Scene Guard
download-1.jpg

"Can't say I've seen too many of your kind around here, but I must warn you this site is still an active danger zone, so I must insist you keep a safe distance, possible hostile magic or monster activity based on what we heard." The guard said , gesturing to the small holes in the ground.

"Condolences for the family you say? I'm sure they'd still appreciate it, the mother's been rather upset. They live in town near the walls, I'm not permitted to leave my post here, but I'm sure one of the locals could show you the way there and if they aren't there then I'd try the center out, some people will be gathering there for todays executions, including some of the victim's family members."

He paused for a moment when she got to the grey cloak bit, and he looked curiously at her. "Now that you mention it I have heard some people talking about cloaked in grey figures walking about, but no one's been able to confirm them and even then it didn't sound like they were up to anything particularly interesting, standing around and talking is hardly a crime, could be some kind of adventurer guild moving through." He said with a shrug. That at least confirmed to Orchid that these hoods probably were not a usual sighting in this area.

"Not sure why you'd want to talk to the Executioner, but last I heard he was waiting in the town center, given the event that's going on today it'd only make sense, but even then lad's been a bit early..and a Talton? You must be talking about Eliza, I actually just saw her not that long ago! She's the one who told me about this whole mess over here, you see it's her brother whose been accused of murdering the child, really dreadful stuff..if you want to talk to her I'd also recommend checking out the square as I'm certain she'll be waiting for the execution to take place as well." The man said.

It did seem that Orchid's Gregariousness and her persuasion was working to her advantage here with the information she was able to get at least and if she heeded the guard's advice and went to the central square, Eliza and locals of the are who might be willing to help her further were in view gathering.

---
While Kane gave a bit of a non verbal scoff at Victorique's comment, Eliza didn't seem super outwardly reactive to Victorique's comment about her activity, Even so it was apparent that they had both heard her loud and clear. Meanwhile Victorique's appraisal would inform her that's Eliza's blue gem amulet was a a C Grade catalyst
which appeared to have been enchanted with regeneration.

Victorique's follow up statement about his reasoning being ridiculous did cause him to pause for a moment and hear her speak on it. He ultimate argument wasn't lost on him given it's grade and use as it looked like he was self reflecting on what she said, his expression shifting to one of contemplation. No one had ever really said anything like that about him. Granted it wasn't like he got to talk to many people around here. Even then him holding his executioner title wasn't going to hold him favors in other places that didn't typically do the death penalty either..But Kane had been training his whole life for this task, it wasn't like he had chosen it out of a passion, he had inherited it from his father, and he had learned from his father how to carry it out. What else was there for him to do? Someone had to kill these guys and if it wasn't him it'd be someone else burdened with it. So for now he didn't respond to it directly but it did open up the possibility in his mind that perhaps there was some merit to what she had been saying in actuality.
Kane Blackburne
crop-1-1.jpg

He did however give a grin when she gave her follow up to his request. "So you accept then? Great to hear. Didn't mean to offend ya too much, I'm sure you've done all the stuff you're talking about part of what makes you interesting, least I can say i've had one before I hit the bricks permanently, but lets try to make some real memories hm? That'd be nice. I wouldn't expect it any other way." He said to her his tone lightening up a bit compared to before, the later part referring to her saying that she wasn't any less moody with friends. In the back of his mind he couldn't help but think that this request felt a bit selfish, he knew very well that if she genuinely befriended him it might make her operations in Rotia more difficult..nevertheless for now he was content with what he received, feeling kind of nice that part of what she said had sort of been complimentary.

As far as Eliza was she replied, "Of course." Indeed while It was the best for victorique's case for gathering information on whatever this was, since her abilities at best just revealed that the white strands were still gradually moving around underground as far as all of their safety went it was definitely better that one of them hadn't been outright attacked by whatever was there.

Back to where the pair had gone to the dungeons, Kane was intrigued by her comment, that underbelly sure sounded like a really pleasant place! The sort where he was sure he'd find plenty of people whose heads he could be assigned to taking under normal circumstances.

With Victorique going along with the 'joke', from what she could gather with her ability, the guard was surprised, but what was even more useful was probably the appraisal component of her ability which showed that the guard was actually a body guard employed by the Taltons, meaning that he was affiliated with Adriano. Perhaps Victorique could have figured this out without Kane if she went the right place, but at the very least Kane provided some kind of 'cover" for them if anyone asked

Talton Bodyguard

"Well you certainly have the right presence for it." The guard commented obviously impacted by her [Bulvark's Touch].

"Anyway we certainly wouldn't want anything to go wrong with the lady's request then now would we?" The guard took his key out opened the gate, gesturing for them to go ahead, before offering a small blue to Victorique with a white stele with Terran inscribed into it.

"If anyone else gives you any trouble just show this to them and I'll corroborate your story."

Kane nodded, "Thanks for the cooperation." Before continuing,

"Then we'll be on our way to do our check if that's alright." Kane replied back, The guard nodded, Kane then gestured for Victorique to follow and headed past the door and went down the initial hallway to make a right turn.

The way he was heading there was less likely to be other guards it wasn't' as if he hadn't been here with his father before making his way to a holding cell hallway figuring they'd have put the sibling in the higher security section.

The atmosphere of this section was particularly oppressive, it probably wouldn't take Victorique too long to figure out if she used any of her abilities that these cells had some kind of strong magic negation on around the perimeter of them to limit the occupant inside, at the same time there was some sort of constant drain to make breaking out very difficult regardless of skills, designed to hold up to at least C comfortably.

Uninterrupted the pair would stumble upon one of the cells that was holding Adriano. The actual space was a small window one could look into the cell from attached to the stone door in front of each one. Inside the cell there was someone who looked very similar to the Taltons who was hunched over except he had been stripped of many of his more lavish garments instead wearing a very plain beige cloth shirt and tied shorts, not even provided shoes it appeared. He was slumped over on the hard ground looking very absent.

"That's the guy." Kane would murmur to Victorique gesturing to Adriano in the cell. Kane then knocked on the small window. "Hey Adriano, got someone here who'd like to ask you some questions." He said matter of fact, but Adriano didn't even appear to acknowledge they were there when he did that.

Elvario Elvario
---
Professor Neco
Professor Neco was intrigued enough by the glade talk and he also responded pretty readily to what Phoebe had to say regarding her question as they moved out. "Well I'm sure as you may or may not have heard, it is believed that everyone in my family has nine lives, which manifest themselves in some capacity after the current one ends. The closer we get to the end the greater chance we believe that more fantastical powers become unlocked. We come to predict approximately which scale we're on, around what's believed to be the third life visions like these are more likely to occur."

The good professor chuckled some at the bear pun comment and ultimately the making it into an epic comment as well.

He outwardly seemed glad that Gyld had accepted his gift and worn it in his own way, even if it was probably likely as the owl bear said that he did not actually practically need anything like that, given his natural coat was probably warm enough.

He did notice the eat comment but didn't look particularly bothered by it instead just smiling, "I look forward to meeting this beast as well."

By the time Gyld was leaping around forward as they moved out the professor appeared to be in an elevated move himself as he kept up his brisk pace despite what he was carrying well, even if his outward appearance didn't exactly yell that he was super physically strong.

Thankfully as the reached the great white expanse which Gyld had been excitedly talking about, for where they were heading the snow did not seem to be particularly deep, a light layer on many places where they treaded.

"Hm, seems that we've lucked out with the weather, I've been out here when it's been much more violent." Professor Neco said to no one in particular, while the sky casted a grey over the land and it was cold, at least it wasn't snowing and there wasn't a strong natural wind across the scape at the moment, it was a light cold breeze.

The landscape shifted in elevation every now and again with dips and raises as the trio went onward toward the seashore where Neco was convinced that there would be what they were looking for.

The first half an hour of the trek was relatively uneventful, there didn't appear to be another soul insight, except for what appeared to be a mecha on the horizon in the far distance which was lumbering along, but it didn't appear to have any interest in the trio, it looked like it was actually heading back the direction they were coming from.

As the group moved further out to a gradual snowy incline along the path, as the air could be felt getting a bit cooler, probably signifying that they were getting closer to the coast suddenly some vibrations could be seen in the snow, and Professor Neco froze up.

"Ms. Penrose, Gyld, be still." He announced, with a slight sense of urgency, as some more movement could be seen in the snow, suddenly a modest sized icey blue scaley tail sticking up briefly and going back into the snow, whatever they were they were larger than a typical snake but were not massive.

At the moment it looked like there was at least two-three of them moving around now, it was unclear if the animals were interested in the group or not.

"If they don't go away on their own get ready to engage. They are reactive to movement." Professor Neco stated as he looked tense , until suddenly one of them lunged at him revealing what it was, an icey snake of sorts bearing it's fangs, but suddenly Professor Neco's eyes would light up a light green color and he'd send force a lime colored orb out of his hand which struck the snake then and there, while he didn't kill it suddenly it froze up belly side up on the ground not moving as if it had been paralyzed.

???
727f32def56b6ff297c516240ad08972.jpg

(Combat is now in effect, three actions per round)

Interaction Tags: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece )

Orchid was pretty good at this sleuthing stuff! Maybe she ought to become an investigator herself. Orchid was able to gather some useful information such as the name of the child, Kris Brimly, as well as the general direction if her family's home. Considering that most folks barely knew the victim Orchid assumed it was a peasant family. Then again now that she thought about it, it was probably rare for someone of nobility to be executed so quickly. Maybe folks just forgot about the victim in favor of seeing so blue blood spilled. Even in her old world, Orchid could believe folks mobbing to see some rich kid getting put through the ringer out of some misplaced retributive justice. All the more reason Orchid needed to hurry and find Victorique before that axe fell.

Figuring that Victorique probably went to the town center to talk to the family of the victim (still lost on Orchid that Victorique actually went to speak to the accused murderer), she heads there to look for Victorique it possibly the noble, Eliza. As she walked, Orchid also thought more about the grey cloaks. Sure enough folks have seen them around, but they're a relatively new sight to the local. Maybe Orchid's hunch about the other Talton hiring them to frame his brother has some merit: what better assassin's than those who are not local? But as she thought more of it, Orchid could potentially see the opposite: maybe these grey cloaks were hired by the Taltons to also investigate or otherwise save their brother somehow. Maybe they'll teleport their brother out if the city, or replace him with a body double. Orchid could easily see some magic abilities that can do either. With any luck may e this Eliza girl may have some clue about the Grey Cloaks. No doubt she is in favor of saving her brother by any means necessary, but Orchid was more concerned about making sure Victorique had the full picture and keeling the halfling safe.

As she nears the town center Orchid would jump to a higher vantage point to look for Eliza. Being noble, Orchid doubts she's just standing in the crowd with the rest of the rabble so she looks for what may be some sort of special seating area. A guarded building perhaps, or a raised pavilion. Anywhere that would look like a good spot to oversee ab execution and probably has guards around, maybe even one of those mechs. If nothing else, Orchid looked for that silver white hair.

In the event Orchid does find Eliza, she practices her introduction. It's been a while since she had to deal with nobility so Orchid would make sure to put her Persuasion (E) and [Gregarious] nature to work, so that Eliza doesnt just take Orchid as a brutish sell sword but as someone more knightly. "Excuse me. Pardon my intrusion, but am I correct that you are Lady Eliza Talton? My name is Orchid the Green Knight, and I am under the employ of a Victorique Sopheana, who I believe you are aquatinted with. She has hired me to protect her, and I was wondering if you knew where she is so that I may by her side." Orchid figured this would be a good introduction. Tell her enough about herself so Eliza doesnt see Orchid as a total stranger, and say something relevant to her so she has a reason to care. At the same time, Orchid tries not to ask too many questions as to not overwhelm the girl, nor show her hand at what info Orchid does know or what exactly she's been doing.

Victorique Sopheana
Mentions: Kane/Adriano TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

A self-repairing catalyst? How peculiar. That stood out more than the bland reaction she'd gotten from both Kane and Eliza. Well, so be it. Can't have it all. “I'd be glad to be making memories with you then.” She replied to him, after he sort-off officiated their friendship. To a degree, he kept reminding her of Arthur. She wondered how that dude was doing, if he was still keeping the Champion in check or if he'd succumbed to it. Perhaps she should see about contacting the Divees crew someday? That'd have to wait till later though.

Honestly, she had to suppress a laugh. A Talton bodyguard being somehow assigned to guard a Talton noble? What? Who'd let such a big fuck-up go through? These folk were more careless than she expected. Still, that could be used to their advantage. “Absolutely not, lest we be next on the chopping block, right?” She replied to his comment of the lady's request, having started to pick up a bit of a nasty habit of calling out execution-thirsty nobles from Kane already.

She did get more serious when he gave her the thing, as she quickly checked what it read in Terran. She'd reply more serious this time around. “Don't worry, I'll get this sorted out. Although if you'd want my advice. Don't listen to their older brother. He's just going to land himself and everyone else in trouble. Wait on me to get stuff figured out and let me solve this the right way, lest he makes a fool out of himself and gets everyone involved with whatever he might be plotting on the chopping block. Tell him I said that, if he hasn't approached you already, he'll likely do so soon.” She stated, recalling how eager the older Talton brother had been to do something stupid and expecting this guard to be the first he'd approached to forcefully try to free his brother and make the current mess even messier.

She followed along with Kane, as she started to realise this place was pretty darn well guarded with some investigative abilities to check for it. Especially the drain was brutal. She wondered how the older Talton brother was planning to get around those, or if he'd be stupid enough not to have a plan for it to begin with. Or perhaps he'd just try to save Adriano just before the execution? That'd probably be the likelier option. Either way, she'd need to beat him to it. This was a race now.

The world was putting up a challenge for sure. She stood in front of the door, knowing there was a small window up higher, but being unable to look through. Height constraints. She clicked her tongue. She could climb up, grab hold of the window and peer through, but she'd look like a bloody monkey. She could ask Kane to lift her up, but fuck no. She could jump and peer through for a bit... like a frog. Nope. Fine, she'd not see the dude. She didn't care to see him. Who cared? She certainly didn't. Nope. Not at all.

“How's he looking?” She asked Kane. For scientific purpose. To aid her investigation. Not because she was curious. “Hey Adriano, if you hear me, you'd best start talking! Your older brother's gonna get himself killed and your sister's worried sick. Help me sort this out and I'll be able to keep the three of you from falling apart. Easy enough, right?” She'd call out, hoping the mention of his siblings would spark him a bit more willingness to talk (also using Ultimate Argument) if this was even Adriano to begin with. She couldn't confirm visually, after all. Perhaps this was a fake and the real one had already been freed by Affonso. That'd be quit the twist...

She decided to assume against it, for now at least. “We've already pretty much confirmed your innocence, we just need to gather more evidence to prove it. As such, tell me all you remember. Don't hold anything back. I'll make sure to use it to get this sorted out and have you back at home before the day ends.” She stated, using ultimate argument again.

Thankfully as the reached the great white expanse which Gyld had been excitedly talking about, for where they were heading the snow did not seem to be particularly deep, a light layer on many places where they treaded.

"Hm, seems that we've lucked out with the weather, I've been out here when it's been much more violent." Professor Neco said to no one in particular, while the sky casted a grey over the land and it was cold, at least it wasn't snowing and there wasn't a strong natural wind across the scape at the moment, it was a light cold breeze.

Seeing the expanse of white unfold before them filled Gyld's heart with elation. He couldn't help but bounce a bit on his massive paws, a deep and throaty chuckle rumbling from his chest. "This is more like it!" he exclaimed, looking around at the snow-blanketed landscape with wide, sparkling eyes. He turned to Professor Neco, a wide grin splitting his furry face. "I can see why you enjoy it here. It's... wild."

Gyld raked his fore claws over the surface of the snow, relishing the sensation of the cold flakes against his skin. His amber amulet kept him warm, its gentle glow contrasting beautifully against the whiteness of the snow. The weather, although chilly, didn't seem to bother him in the slightest - instead, it seemed to invigorate him even more.

The landscape shifted in elevation every now and again with dips and raises as the trio went onward toward the seashore where Neco was convinced that there would be what they were looking for.

The first half an hour of the trek was relatively uneventful, there didn't appear to be another soul insight, except for what appeared to be a mecha on the horizon in the far distance which was lumbering along, but it didn't appear to have any interest in the trio, it looked like it was actually heading back the direction they were coming from.

The hike had been peaceful so far, and Gyld enjoyed every moment of it. His golden eyes roved over the landscape, scanning the dips and rises of the terrain, taking in every detail. The sight of the mecha on the horizon, though distant and seemingly uninterested in them, brought a spark of excitement to his gaze. "Not as fancy machine as the Ancient Onodrim Tree Hosts of the Eternal Glade, but not bad," he remarked, pointing a massive curved fore claw in its direction. "Wouldn't be so bad to see what the humanoids have come up with."

Gyld was filled with an almost puppy-like enthusiasm as they trekked further. His ears swiveled to catch every sound, his nose twitched to smell every scent. Every new sight or sound was met with a bark or shriek of joy.

As the group moved further out to a gradual snowy incline along the path, as the air could be felt getting a bit cooler, probably signifying that they were getting closer to the coast suddenly some vibrations could be seen in the snow, and Professor Neco froze up.

"Ms. Penrose, Gyld, be still." He announced, with a slight sense of urgency, as some more movement could be seen in the snow, suddenly a modest sized icey blue scaley tail sticking up briefly and going back into the snow, whatever they were they were larger than a typical snake but were not massive.

At the sudden change in the atmosphere, Gyld's jovial demeanor seemed to dim slightly. His ears pricked up at the vibrations in the snow, his golden eyes narrowing as he followed the path of the icy-blue tail disappearing back into the snow. His body stiffened, a low growl rumbling in his chest as he scanned their surroundings. At Professor Neco's warning, he nodded, shifting his stance to prepare for whatever was to come.

"I'm ready," he rumbled, his voice deep and steady. His eyes remained fixed on the spot where the tail had disappeared, his body taut with anticipation.

At the moment it looked like there was at least two-three of them moving around now, it was unclear if the animals were interested in the group or not.

"If they don't go away on their own get ready to engage. They are reactive to movement." Professor Neco stated as he looked tense , until suddenly one of them lunged at him revealing what it was, an icey snake of sorts bearing it's fangs, but suddenly Professor Neco's eyes would light up a light green color and he'd send force a lime colored orb out of his hand which struck the snake then and there, while he didn't kill it suddenly it froze up belly side up on the ground not moving as if it had been paralyzed.

At the sight of the icy snakes, Gyld's body tensed. He watched as Professor Neco swiftly handled one of the creatures, a spark of admiration in his eyes. "Nice shot, Professor!" he called out, his gaze scanning their surroundings for any more threats.

His eyes flicked to Phoebe, his brow feathers fluffed in concern. "Stay close, Phoebe," he rumbled, his voice filled with a protective determination. As his body remained coiled and ready, Gyld prepared himself to protect his companions from any more icy threats that might emerge from the snowy expanse.

The icy landscape seemed to come alive as the snowy serpents emerged, their pale blue bodies glistening against the frost-covered terrain. Gyld watched, fascinated and alert, as they slithered through the snow, their dark blue striations creating an eerie contrast to their otherwise translucent bodies. The striations pulsed with a cool luminescence, giving them an otherworldly glow. The snakes' bodies were long and sinuous, undulating rhythmically through the white canvas of the snow like ethereal water spirits.

Their tails were peculiarly striking, flaring out towards the tip into a fan-like structure that reminded Gyld of peacock feathers. The tails seemed to serve a purpose beyond mere locomotion, adding a hypnotic quality to their movements, possibly to ensnare their prey in a visual trance.

The most unsettling feature, however, was their gaping mouths. As one of the snakes lunged, its mouth hinged open to reveal rows of razor-sharp teeth, gleaming menacingly against the icy backdrop. The sight was both fascinating and alarming, prompting Gyld to take a step back instinctively.

Gyld's golden eyes were fixed on the serpents, the excitement in his gaze replaced with a mix of caution and determination. He was ready to spring into action at the slightest provocation, his body coiled tight and muscles tensed, mirroring the very creatures that had the group in a standoff. As the snakes hissed and writhed, Gyld remained vigilant, ready to defend his companions against the icy threat.

Still, his eyes roved to the snake that the professor had hit with his magic. It wasn't the White Bear of the North and he hadn't hunted it himself, but as far as prey went it looked filling. He did enjoy eating his prey alive when possible. Plus it might help to serve to draw the other two snakes onto him.

Preparing for his next move, Gyld invoked the magic of his domain. Green energy pulsed from his core, snaking its way around his body and sinking into his skin. The magic reacted with the primal energies that animated his form, causing his skin to harden. In moments, his body was enveloped in a layer of rough, dark bark, reminiscent of an ancient tree from the heart of the Eternal Glade. Thorns protruded from this new layer, giving him an intimidating, formidable look. The thorns bristled with magical energy, ready to hurt anyone who dared to touch Gyld in his armored state.

The change was not just defensive, but offensive too. An aura radiated from him, imbued with a powerful irritant effect. The icy air around Gyld started to smell of damp earth and musty wood, a potent aroma that was capable of distracting and possibly blinding any creature caught unawares.

With his defenses and deterrents in place, Gyld moved forward. He turned his attention to the paralyzed icy snake, its luminescent form lying immobilized on the snowy ground. Stepping carefully, he reached the snake, stopping momentarily to marvel at the exotic creature. He then opened his mouth, dislocating his jaw much like the snake itself, revealing a dark void within. It was time to use his Devour ability.

Summoning his magic, a dark green vortex appeared in his open mouth, the pull of it almost tangible in the silent icy landscape. The snake's body twitched once before it was sucked into Gyld's gaping maw, disappearing into the vortex. As the last of the snake vanished, Gyld's jaw clicked back into place, the vortex winking out of existence.

The process was complete. The icy snake had been devoured, its essence now part of Gyld, its knowledge and experiences integrated into his own. He could feel the icy power of the snake coursing through him, mingling with his own magic, creating a fascinating hybrid of capabilities he could tap into when needed. Standing tall, Gyld turned to face the other two snakes and he roared a challenge at them, daring them to share the same fate!

OOC
1) Cast [Bark Skin,
  • Bark Skin Effectiveness 8 (Int C + Cat E + Magic E)
    • Barrier F or 3hp - Wood and thorns
    • Aura F - 1h damage if touched.
    • Deflect - Action: 1 - used to create abilities to deflect physical based attacks. The higher the grade the more effective it is at dodging a hit or reducing amount of damage sustained.
    • Irritant - Action: 1 - a potent smell or itch that distracts the target and/or partially blinds them for a time. grade of tech core can effect creatures of same or lesser grade.
    • Duration F - 1hr.
    • Energize E (0 cooldown)
2) Move to Snake.
3) [Bear's Diet, Owl's Devour] Devour F / energized on paralyzed snake.
  • Bear's Diet, Owl's devour: Similar bears, owlbears can eat anything, omnivorous. Similar to owls, they devour their prey whole. [Devour F (7pts)]

Last edited:
Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Winter2).png

Well she'll be damned, the nine lives thing actually is a thing in this world after all. Certainly an interesting thing to learn for sure, but how would they move on between lives? Was it just dying like normal or was there like some special kind of ritual or death involved? It was a nice little thought experiment to keep Phoebe occupied as they trekked through the snowy wilderness.

The trek through the white and grey terrain was a nice change of pace compared to the hustle and bustle of cities Phoebe was used to, though the peaceful snowscape wouldn't last for much longer. A bad feeling washed over Phoebe as the Professor told her and Gyld to be still, only confirmed by movement in the snow further ahead. The pink haired mage, while ready for a fight, still jumped a bit when the snake suddenly lunged at the Professor but quickly regained her composure as the Professor's strike hit the serpent.

"Right behind you." She responded to her owl bear companion as a hard shell complete with thorns seemed to grow on his hide, a smell reminiscent of that of a forest right after rain radiating from him after he did so. As Gyld seemed to consume the first snake the Professor at struck down, the pink haired mage turned her attention to and pointed her wand at one of the remaining 2 snakes as Gyld roared at them. She took a deep breath, steading her nerves and focusing her gaze on her targets. Indeed, it probably would be accurate to call them ice snakes, their hides making them look like some ice sculpture come to life, though they're most definitely not as fragile.

A few blue sparks of electricity appeared along the shaft of Phoebe's wand as she began to speak, her voice steady and her tone focused. ["Powers that be, lend me the strength to harness the power of the storm and strike true at my foes!"] As she recited the incantation, a blue orb began to form at the tip of her wand before it shot forth as a bolt of lightning towards one of the snakes as Phoebe finished uttering the last syllable. Granted the bolt struck true at the serpent, another bolt will emanate from the first snake and strike the second.

After the bolt of lightning left Phoebe's wand, the mage took a defensive stance behind Gyld, allowing for a chance for her mana recuperate for a bit before casting another spell at the snakes as she remained vigilant for any sudden movements from the snakes.

Abilities Used:
  • [Chain Strike] (Flux) - Magic E, Lightning Affinity F, Magic Range E, Magic Targets F, Selective Magic E, Focus F
    • A bolt of lightning is shot from Phoebe's wand towards the target. Upon striking the target, the lightning then spreads and strikes up to an additional 4 enemies around the vicinity of the target so long as the additional targets also were within 100 feet of Phoebe at time of casting.
    • Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
    • Base effectiveness calculation:
      • E Grade Catalyst (2) + B Grade Intelligence (5) + E Grade Ability (2) = 9
Cooldowns:
  • Grade E Cooldown - 0/1

Last edited:
Orchid seemed to have a knack for figuring out where she should be going by asking the right questions of the locals. Even if thought about where Victorique might be wasn't accurate this time around, it still was a solid thought and one that a good choice to investigate. THe guard had been truthful in what he told her as she made her way over to the center area where people had started gathering. Thanks to her scaling abilities it wasn't difficult for her to get up high once again as she neared the center and could see the variety of clothing in the now more pronounced crowd. The murder had been a hot topic of the town with it involving a noble of all people ,quite the scandal indeed, so in that sense it wasn't a surprise why there would be more than usual showing up to see this go down. There actually were a couple of the mechas near by in the square, perhaps as a precautionary move as it could be difficult to predict when the next monster attack would break out particularly when they were the sorts of enemies that could infiltrate areas like this at high enough grades.

Any number of Orchid's thoughts could have been accurate and they certainly weren't unreasonable thoughts as a motive for what was going on. At Orchid's higher vantage point she'd notice that her thoughts about there being a more private and guarded viewing area for more important people were correct. There was a raised pavilion that was parallel across the square from where Orchid was up looking, she could parkour herself around he perimeter thanks to the way the roofs had been designed, and drop down nearby the Pavilion if need be, as she could see the same familiar looking young woman from before sitting on a blue padded ornate wooden chair, overlooking the wooden stage with the stand which had been put up for the day's event. Near her there were at least Talton two bodyguards, and another chair which was currently empty, not far from Orchid was another noble looking person on an adjacent Pavilion from Eliza Talton with their own guards but this time the individual had darker hair, and seemed to wear red and gold as their color scheme, While Orchid wasn't privy to it it was actually one of members of the other house which Kane had been describing earlier to Victorique who had apparently had come to see the execution, having a motive to do so.
Talton Bodyguard #1

When Orchid made her presence known on the wooden raised Pavilion the two guards immediately drew their blades as Eliza looked surprised at the new comer. The guards looked very similar to he one that Kane and Victorique had interacted with.

"Halt who goes there?" The one on the right demanded to know, however Orchid's introduction using her Persuasion and [Gregarious] title to her advantage to seem more knightly and noble rather than how an orc might come off otherwise to some which was brutish.

Eliza Talton
Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 9.34.13 PM-1-1.png

Eliza's eyes lit up a bit however when Orchid mentioned Victorique's name as she replied, "Oh I see! Yes I am familiar with the one you speak of, A she's trying to help my brother at this very moment, went to the dungeons to try and get some information out of him for the case. For the actual location they are near the fort itself, with a distinctive square stone structure and a door. I hope that information is helpful though , I certainly wouldn't want to keep you too long from your task, Victorique certainly seems to be a valuable person, a body guard is only natural." Eliza would wave her hand dismissively toward the guard who had raised the sword. At seeing this the guard gave a small bow before putting it away, seemingly satiated by Orchid's response for now as it was apparent that she had some connection that Eliza was aware of.
---
Previously Kane was pleased enough to see that Victorique appeared to be verbally reciprocating an agreement to his request. With a bit of a grin forming at hearing her say that she was glad to make memories with him, Kane couldn't say he had heard any one say that sort of thing to him before but it was surprisingly more nice to hear than he had been expecting.
---
Talton Bodyguard
0af4ced798711d9972ea9505e205ed2f-1.jpg

The Talton guard on the other hand wasn't terribly humored by Victorique's comment. Someone who was royal to the very family that Victorique was taking what could be considered a jab at, wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear, but as long as they were there to help the guard seemed to tolerate it, her comment however did earn a chuckle out of Kane, though Kane did wonder if she should really be as care free about that sort of thing as he had been. Kane knew that Victorique still probably had a long life of ahead of her and she had many jobs she could get easily unlike himself it felt. Regardless they were still allowed to pass after she said that.
The thing he handed her read 'House Talton of the Kingdom of Rotia. The person(s) who hold this item gain special permission from House Talton to operate within the confines of the assigned task. All complaints about the conduct of this individual should be directly forwarded to the house.'

"I see, thank you for letting me know, it's appreciated. I wish you well on your mission, and I trust that justice will prevail." The guard said in a plain cool tone, not really revealing too much how much or little he actually knew about the situation to Victorique in response.
---
In the current it didn't take all to long for Kane to tell that Victorique was going to have a problem with seeing the guy, which was a stupid constraint to have to deal with if you were trying to read and gain information on the guy.
Kane Blackburne
crop-1-1.jpg

"He looks like half the men in this town after a long day of killing monsters and siting on a tavern stool up for their next drink." Kane reported, before he let out a bit of a sigh, even without being asked as Victorique made her monologue, Kane got down on all fours near the door and straightened out his back sort of like what an end piece of furniture was like used to your feet on while you sat on a couch. "Looks like you could use a boost." He offered. It was pretty apparent he wasn't the most pleased to position himself like this.
Adriano Talton
0bf38efb-2953-4e51-b1bc-73218cead689.png

Adriano eventually looked up and started to talk, "What's the point? Even if you have evidence I already tried telling them I didn't do anything, I told them again and again that I didn't do anything..no matter how many times I told them I didn't do anything they didn't listen..and now they're really going to put me up there and they're going to KILL ME. It's a conspiracy against me from house Cecil isn't it?! They didn't like that I out staged Hrodbert right?! They just want to see me die don't they?! well I've said it before and I'll say it again I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! He'd start pounding the ground of the cell to no avail between the yelling, his voice sounding a bit unhinged toward the later part, before he started hyperventilating a bit "They're going to kill me...no matter what I say..aren't they?.."

Kane eventually piped up, "Listen up, she said she's here to help, I get that you don't want to die but we need you to tell us what happened so we can define what really did. If she didn't think we could help I wouldn't be wasting my time here with you believe me. " Kane said sounding serious.

Eventually Adriano became to calm down a bit from the state he was in, Victorique's ability apparently kicking in as he replied with anxious sigh "I guess..this is one the last chances I have to tell it like it was..I, ..was going for a walk outside to help cure some of my anxiety about the recent monster attacks.. one night a few weeks ago or so...night walks aren't all that unusal for me, I have a hard time sleeping sometimes..but then walking near the walls ..." He'd pause "I meet what must of been a kid..they looked a bit out of place to me since they're wearing these white silky garments without any shoes on..their hair was black, eyes a near solid grey unlike anything I"d ever quite seen..and they told me that they had gotten lost and asked me if i could help them find their way back..so of course I agreed..and.." He started to slow down again obviously sounding a bit more upset at the next part, pained even,"

"When we got close to the walls..suddenly the kid was on the ground, and bleeding all over the place..and before I knew it some white strands had attached all over me, and I had drawn my long sword..and..brought it down on their head it's all sort of just a blur.next thing i Know it's morning and I'm being arrested and have blood all over me.I know it sounds outlandish but it's what happened I promise.."
He reiterated.
Elvario Elvario
---

Professor Neco
"It is quite different from the environment in Kuridan, I must admit that. Many interesting beasts and monsters to acquire information on out here." Professor Neco said with a smile at Gyld's commentary regarding him understanding why Neco liked the wilderness here. The good professor smiled upon seeing Gyld's endearing actions and words once again.

---

Back in the present Professor Neco gave a nod, his ears were pinned back against his head, taking very much a defensive more predatory stance, tail swishing back and forth. “I see you have some more unique abilities up your sleeve I wasn’t aware of, that’s quite amazing!” He said seeing Gyld’s domain aura go over the owl bear’s body, it’s natural tones contrasting quite nicely with the snowy landscape they were on. Indeed it was best if Phoebe stayed close lest she get into a position where the snakes could easily attack her.
727f32def56b6ff297c516240ad08972.jpg
The next closest snake appeared confused by the shift in environment around Gyld and paused since it smelled and sensed something unlike anything it’d experienced before, unnerved by the elements of the forest which Gyld was bringing forth around him. The snake then let out a wild aggressive hiss and unhinged it’s jaw before it leapt and went right for Gyld out of it’s confusion for something completely new and threatening before it found itself getting knocked back and irritated, writhing around in the snow after making contact with the barrier, the snake bleeding out some kind of blue substance as it took damage right through it’s light natural armor, not only that but it’s senses were in disarray thanks to Gyld’s irritant in his Bark Skin ability.

While Gyld was protecting himself with his magic, his devour ability proved to be effective on the paralyzed snake, causing Professor Neco to have a double take almost at the scene as the snake went into the void and vanished. Thanks to the nature of Gyld’s devour and subsequent integration he’d find himself with extra resistance against a many of the cold based venomous foes which they’d potentially face in the future in this area. After the snake was repelled by Gyld’s bark skin and took damage,Phoebe’s attack came in next and fried the snake with brilliant electricity until it stopped moving in the snow looking a more toasty color.

What might have been surprising to Pinkette was that her chain lightning attack didn’t stop there on finishing off the third one it actually hit another snake who had been completely concealed in the snow, as in a fourth nearby snake which writhed out in pain as it’s body was shocked, But before it could respond properly, suddenly Professor Neco rapidly moved forward as if in a blink, and moved his hand forward, strand of green energy in a claw like pattern ripped through the shocked snake and cut it into various segments, as Professor Neco was left panting in his action pose after the fact.

“Alright..I think that’s all of them..is everyone okay?” The professor asked out, looking around between Gyld and Phoebe, “That..was quite a display there Phoebe, you’re quite skilled at magic too..I know this attack wasn’t exactly the best turn of events but..this is a good thing because it means we’re getting closer to the coast, these ice snake dens become more numerous..which means we’re getting closer to the bear of white. I feel like I should forewarn you now, you should be careful with the ground as we proceed, there might be some rather nasty spider pits not all too far away.” He said with a positive smile. Despite the less than desirable subject matter he seemed upbeat enough, at the assessment that no one had been injured.

Presuming the group was ready to go again, Neko would gather his composure and start the trek down the slope that was starting at the top of the incline they had been walking up prior, and on the high point they could see there there was still quite a bit of way st ogo in the snow, however up ahead in the far distance there appeared to be several strange stone alignments of all shapes and sizes placed in a circular motion around a flatter clearing in the white expanse. Some of the stones had symbols on them which were glowing hues of blue as if to suggest some sort of dormant energy, all the details weren't very clear from the distance they were at however. What it meant was anyone’s guess.

0f84f08bf749088ea0ede8f0a29ef721.jpg

Victorique Sopheana

She'd done her due diligence warning the guard not to be stupid, although she feared he'd ignore her. Well, that'd be his own fault. If they weren't going to wait for her to fix this, she wouldn't come and save them from doing actual crime that'd get them on the chopping block.

She clicked her tongue. Kane's description of the guy wasn't all that useful... however, she was surprised when Kane suddenly got on all fours. That was... unexpected. Yes, it definitely was far superior to being picked up, but she'd really assumed the guy to be a lot more prideful than this. Had she been wrong, or was this dude far more serious about this friendship deal? Either way, she'd take the offer, but as a sign of respect, she at least took her shoes off before hopping on top of him. “Thanks.” Was all she'd say, not wishing to use more words on it.

Now that she could actually see Adriano, she also had to deal with his ranting. There were some snippets of useful information, but most of it thoroughly annoyed her. She was somewhat glad that Kane eventually told him to just stick to the subject, as she would've done so herself otherwise. As she'd listen to it all, she'd use [Ultimate Detective] to try get a read on his titles (if he wasn't close enough, she'd tell him to come closer with Ultimate Argument) and on whether or not he was truthful.

However, at the end of his story, she could conclude a few things. “Alright, I get you're panicked and all, but it's important you listen carefully. First of all, stop telling them that you didn't do anything. Tell them that you were made to do it instead, that it wasn't voluntarily. Everyone saw that your body killed that kid, but what you need them to be aware of, is that it wasn't your mind that was controlling your body at the time, but those white things. We've confirmed their presence ourselves, so we can testify on your behalf, but you really need to be on the same page as us. Your body killed that kid, whether you like it or not, what we need to prove is that your mind wasn't in charge for it.” She'd really hammered down that part, as she knew that if he'd claim his total innocence, he'd only dig his grave deeper (Law D). He needed to instead claim he wasn't in control to have any shot at getting out of this one. The latter was also what she needed to prove.

That brought her to the next point. “Now, I'll keep that Hrobert and house Cecil in mind, but there's something far more intriguing here. There have been monster attacks, but I'm assuming those weren't successful, as this place is till standing. However, what you're saying suggests one monster slipped in to start causing chaos from the inside. I mean, come on, a kid with silky garments without shoes, eyes of a solid grey, getting lost at midnight? That's a monster in disguise if anything, no? I mean, in hindsight, surely even you must think so. The white tendril things it lead you to might be its fellow monster, or perhaps the kid itself was an illusion by those tendrils to lure you towards them... either way, I'm about 90% sure this is the work of some monsters, although I reserve a slight chance of magic being used... Although...”

She was suddenly realising a leap in judgment. “Wait, are you sure the kid that asked you for direction is the same one as the one you killed? I honestly assumed there were two, but if not... Yes. That might mean that kid was also under the same tendril's influence? That would change this... However, what I don't get is why you were aware during the killing moment and not before... unless... unless whatever did this, wanted you to be aware of it. You blacked out between getting close to the walls and then got back just before killing the kid? That only seems to confirm its the work of a monster, if it went out of its way to have you experience the killing. Someone trying to merely set you up wouldn't go the extra mile to give you back your consciousness and risk you breaking free, or at least, they wouldn't likely do so unless they truly loathed you. Do you think House Cecil would loathe you so much that they'd want you to suffer thoroughly, rather than just take you out?” She was debating the various options, unsure of any of them.

“Either way, is there truly nothing more you can recall about that kid? Male, female? Sounding older or younger than they looked? Human, Beast, Fae? More-over, and I know this might be tough, but do your best to think back on if there might be differences between the kid before and after you attacked. No matter how subtle, it might be useful to know, to pin down just what exactly this kid was or was being controlled by or... well, other. The kid's the biggest unknown variable to me, but also the most promising lead to figure out how to prove your innocence.” She'd keep up Ultimate Argument throughout, to see if that'd help Adriano cooperate, rather than spiral back into arguing his innocence to the air.

Ultimate Detective – Appraisal C, Heightened Senses [Hearing/Sight/Smell/Taste/Balance] B, Insight D, Investigation D, Perception C, Law D, Energised B – Character combines all their applicable senses and knowledge to get to the bottom of a mysteries or to be on high alert for clues, dangers or hints. - Grade B – 3 Post Cooldown.

While Gyld was protecting himself with his magic, his devour ability proved to be effective on the paralyzed snake, causing Professor Neco to have a double take almost at the scene as the snake went into the void and vanished. Thanks to the nature of Gyld’s devour and subsequent integration he’d find himself with extra resistance against a many of the cold based venomous foes which they’d potentially face in the future in this area. After the snake was repelled by Gyld’s bark skin and took damage,Phoebe’s attack came in next and fried the snake with brilliant electricity until it stopped moving in the snow looking a more toasty color.

Gyld stood still for a moment, watching as the other snake writhed and thrashed in the snow. The chilling atmosphere was punctuated by the electric discharge of Phoebe's attack as the snake's body jolted from the shock. The smell of charred scales and the faint crackling in the air signified the snake's end. The bluish substance which bled from the snake mixed with the pure white snow, giving an ethereal tint to the surroundings.

Gyld's bark skin had held its ground, the wooden armor proving its worth against the snake's leap. There was a satisfaction within Gyld at having protected himself effectively, and also at the newfound resistance against cold and venom pulsing through his core from the essence of the devoured snake.

Turning toward Professor Neco, Gyld couldn't help but notice the bewilderment on the professor’s face. A wide grin cracked across Gyld's bark-covered face as he raised his arms triumphantly.

"Professor, you look like you've just seen a ghost!" Gyld exclaimed, his voice booming through the quiet landscape. “But, fear not! It’s just good old Spirit Beast armed with a full glory of the wilderness and now boosted the power of our scaly friend here!”

A few blue sparks of electricity appeared along the shaft of Phoebe's wand as she began to speak, her voice steady and her tone focused. ["Powers that be, lend me the strength to harness the power of the storm and strike true at my foes!"] As she recited the incantation, a blue orb began to form at the tip of her wand before it shot forth as a bolt of lightning towards one of the snakes as Phoebe finished uttering the last syllable. Granted the bolt struck true at the serpent, another bolt will emanate from the first snake and strike the second.
What might have been surprising to Pinkette was that her chain lightning attack didn’t stop there on finishing off the third one it actually hit another snake who had been completely concealed in the snow, as in a fourth nearby snake which writhed out in pain as it’s body was shocked, But before it could respond properly, suddenly Professor Neco rapidly moved forward as if in a blink, and moved his hand forward, strand of green energy in a claw like pattern ripped through the shocked snake and cut it into various segments, as Professor Neco was left panting in his action pose after the fact.

Gyld's eyes widened as he beheld the spectacular scene unfolding before him. Phoebe’s voice rang out like a clarion call, commanding the elements as blue sparks danced around her wand. As the bolt of lightning she conjured struck the first snake, Gyld expected the fury to dissipate. But to his astonishment, the energy leaped from the fallen creature onto another, and then another. The air crackled with raw elemental power, and the scent of ozone was thick.

When a fourth, previously hidden snake emerged from the snow, writhing and hissing in pain, Gyld instinctively tensed his muscles, preparing to engage it. However, before he could make a move, Professor Neco sprang into action with astonishing speed. The professor’s form seemed to blur as he darted forward, and the very air seemed to rip apart as green strands of energy slashed through the serpent with surgical precision.

As the last snake fell, Professor Neco stood panting, and Gyld felt a surge of admiration and excitement. The thrill of battle and the witnessing of his companions’ incredible abilities had his heart pounding in his chest.

"Whoa!" Gyld exclaimed, his voice echoing across the icy expanse. "That was amazing! Phoebe, your chain lightning was like watching a storm unleashed! And Professor, I didn’t know you could move that fast! We’re like a force of nature!”

Gyld was practically hopping from foot to foot in his excitement, the thorns and bark of his armor rustling with his movements.

"Who needs to be vigilant for any more surprises?” Gyld said, trying to regain some semblance of focus and failing. “Because with the three of us together, we’re ready for anything this land has to throw at us!”

Gyld could feel the energies he absorbed from the snake coursing through him, and his confidence was bolstered by the prowess of his companions. With a determined nod, Gyld trudged ahead through the snow, keen eyes scanning the surroundings as the trio pressed on toward their destination.

“Alright..I think that’s all of them..is everyone okay?” The professor asked out, looking around between Gyld and Phoebe, “That..was quite a display there Phoebe, you’re quite skilled at magic too..I know this attack wasn’t exactly the best turn of events but..this is a good thing because it means we’re getting closer to the coast, these ice snake dens become more numerous..which means we’re getting closer to the bear of white. I feel like I should forewarn you now, you should be careful with the ground as we proceed, there might be some rather nasty spider pits not all too far away.” He said with a positive smile. Despite the less than desirable subject matter he seemed upbeat enough, at the assessment that no one had been injured.

As Professor Neco's voice broke through the aftermath of the brief skirmish, Gyld's attention turned toward him. The professor's calm demeanor and reassuring words seemed to anchor Gyld, who had been riding a wave of adrenaline. The barren landscape around them seemed to quiver with the silence that followed the intense clash with the ice snakes.

"Yeah, I'm great!" Gyld replied energetically, the thorny armor he had conjured earlier now receding into his skin, as if it were being absorbed back into his body. He looked over at Phoebe with a wide grin, his chest puffed out with pride. "And, shockingly enough, Phoebe is more than just okay, she's electric!" He shorted at his own horrible joke.

Gyld's attention was momentarily drawn to the fallen ice snakes that lay scattered around them. The remnants of the fierce lightning attack that had felled them still crackled through the air. Gyld's gaze swept across the snow-covered landscape, and his mind began to churn with practicality.

He turned towards Professor Neco and Phoebe with a wide grin, his voice resonating with a playful yet earnest tone. "However," he began, gesturing with a large black talon at the lifeless serpents, "It's best not to leave the corpses behind. Free food tends to attract scavengers and predators who are scavenging." His large golden eyes twinkled as they moved between the pair. "So do you want them for your research or do I get them for another meal or three?" he asked, his eyebrows arched in a hopeful expression.

Gyld's face lit up with enthusiasm. "Bon appétit to me, then!" he declared. He spread his arms wide and began to chant under his breath. A swirling vortex of energy began to materialize around him, the air heavy with the taste of arcane power.

As Gyld focused, the ethereal tendrils of his Devour ability reached out and wrapped around the fallen ice snakes. One by one, they were lifted from the snow and pulled toward him, where they disappeared into the vortex.

As the last serpent vanished, Gyld exhaled deeply, his body absorbing the energies. A look of satisfaction spread across his face as if he had just partaken in a feast fit for a king.

"Well, that was delightful," Gyld commented with a pat on his stomach. His eyes gleamed with renewed vigor, and a hint of frost could be seen in his breath. The Devour ability had done more than satiate his hunger; it had granted him a deeper attunement with the icy environment around them.

Gyld nodded at his companions, ready to continue their journey. His steps were filled with an increased sense of purpose, as they ventured deeper into the treacherous yet enticing wilderness.

Gyld listened intently as Professor Neco mentioned the increase in ice snake dens being an indication that they were getting closer to their destination. The mention of spider pits, however, made him raise an eyebrow. His excitable demeanor didn’t falter, but there was a glint of curiosity and caution in his eyes.

"Spider pits, huh? I do like crab, something about snapping their exoskeletons and sucking the meat out is very satisfying. Are these spiders meaty on the inside?” Gyld remarked. He bent down to pick up a small rock in his beak, tossing it into the air with a flip of his neck. “Thanks for the heads up, Professor!”

Presuming the group was ready to go again, Neko would gather his composure and start the trek down the slope that was starting at the top of the incline they had been walking up prior, and on the high point they could see there there was still quite a bit of way st ogo in the snow, however up ahead in the far distance there appeared to be several strange stone alignments of all shapes and sizes placed in a circular motion around a flatter clearing in the white expanse. Some of the stones had symbols on them which were glowing hues of blue as if to suggest some sort of dormant energy, all the details weren't very clear from the distance they were at however. What it meant was anyone’s guess.

Gyld, his spirits running high, began leading the way, the thorny bark covering his body rustling with each step. He felt invincible and ready for anything the icy wilderness might throw at them. His heart was racing with anticipation as they continued onward, closer to the seashore and the mysteries that awaited them.

Gyld's eyes widened with curiosity as he beheld the mysterious stone formations in the distance. His boundless energy made him practically bounce on his feet as they made their way down the slope. The air was crisp, and the crunch of snow beneath their boots was the only sound that accompanied them for a while.

"Oooh, what do you suppose that is?" Gyld questioned, pointing enthusiastically toward the strange stone alignments. His gaze was fixed on the symbols glowing with hues of blue. It was as if something ancient and powerful was calling out to him. Gyld couldn't contain his excitement. With an impish grin, he turned to Phoebe and Professor Neco. "Well, I say we ought to check it out!"

Without closing his eyes, he leapt into the frosty air seemingly fueling his vigor. He turned his thoughts to the Eternal Glade domain, a realm of boundless nature and bounty. He felt the connection with the ancient forest, where he, as a Spiritual Beast, drew his powers. His body shimmered and shifted, bones cracking and his bear hind quarters withered away as Gyld's form changed into that of a majestic owl, with feathers the color of the deep forest and eyes that gleamed like emeralds.

With a flap of his powerful wings, Gyld leapt a hundred feet into the sky. The world below opened up before him. His new owl vision, sharp and unerring [Heighten Sense (Eye Booster x2)
+ 360 degree sight], allowed him to see the landscape with incredible clarity and detail in panoramic detail.

As he leapt over to the strange stones, Gyld’s spiritual connection to nature and his knowledge of the land puzzled out what his senses where telling him. Trying to figure out how the stones were interacting with the surrounding terrain. Trying to make sense of the ebb and flow of magical energies beneath the earth and the way these energies mixed with the natural elements [Spirit Beast Education F: Nature, Survival, Religion].

Gyld circled back to the group, gracefully landing near Professor Neco and Phoebe. His form shimmered once more as he transformed back into his usual self.

OOC:

Gyld is happy to use Devour F to eat the other serpents if no one is interested, it's better then leaving free food around for whatever else might be out hunting. Also covers their tracks better (Devour F + Survival F + Nature F).

• Owl's Form: Transform F.
    • Intelligence (C->B)
    • Jump F->E - vertically 10yrds/horizontally 33yrds
    • Heighten Sense (Eye Booster x2)
    • Feature [360 degree sight]
    • [Ability: Panoramic Scene]: Using his Jump to get an aerial view, he processes the scene with heightened intelligence C, through his understanding of Nature F and Survival F with insanely boosted Heightened Senses to see every microscopic detail at a distance with his 360 degree sight.

Spirit Beast Education F: Using his knowledge of nature, religion, survival and his own connection to the Eternal Glade Domain F, Gyld puzzles out mysteries and hunts prey through natural environments in the sacred ways of spirit beasts. Using appraisal, he teases out the characteristics of threats, how they might be predators or prey, their connection to nature or lack, and their spiritual affinity or what religious affiliation they might have.
  • Intelligence D3 (Owlbear), Intelligence C4 (Owl)
  • Educated F1 (Nature, Religion, Survival).
  • Appraise E2 (0): Appraise as an Isekai Spirit Beast.

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Winter2).png

As her lightning bolt hit the first snake and fried it until the distinctive smell of charred flesh joined the forest-y smell emanating from Gyld, the electricity festered until jumping to its next target. However, to her surprise, not one but two more bolts of electricity shot forth, one at the third snake and the other at a seemingly random spot in the snow. She didn't have to wait long to wonder why that was the case, as yet another snake emerged out of the snow writhing. Phoebe readied herself to cast another spell, but it was ultimately unnecessary, as it was soon diced up by the Professor. Phoebe let out a sigh of relief.

"Yea, I'm alright Professor, thanks to the both of you." The pink haired mage then relaxed her stance as the boost of adrenaline was wearing off and as the two complimented her magical prowess. "Ah, well thank you, though I'm not as talented as a mage as yourself Professor. That was also quite the display yourself Gyld." With their performance against the snakes, she couldn't help but share just a bit of the confidence that Gyld was espousing in their success in their mission. Hopefully the White Bear fight wouldn't be too bad and that they wouldn't need to fight off many more snakes on the way there either, not to mention the spiders. She shivered at the thought. They always had way too many eyes for her liking.

That's when Gyld brought up the matter of the snake corpses. Phoebe didn't see any harm in letting Gyld eat another 3 snakes, but then again the Professor might want to dissect them. "Oh no, my field of research isn't on monster physiology, I don't have a use for them." She then looked over to the Professor, letting him decide what to do about the snakes before they went on their way to their destination.

After a little while of trekking through the white wilderness, they sighted something that broke the pattern of the pure white landscape, several pillar looking structures. There was no way that thing was a naturally occurring structure, if it wasn't the size and shape of the stones that conveyed that then the glowing blue symbols on them did.

"A ritual site of some sort perhaps?" That was her guess to Gyld's question, who then proposed they check it out. "Wait a- ah, there he goes..." Her call came a little too late as Gyld assumed owl form and flew off to the stone structure. "Well, I can't say I blame him. Such a curious structure in the middle of the wilderness, I'd be lying if I said didn't want to go check it out too." She turned to Professor Neco. "Shall we go catch up with him?"

Cooldowns:
  • Grade E Cooldown: 1/1

Last edited:

That went well. The noble woman, Eliza, believed Orchid without a hitch and even gave Orchid useful directions to find Victorique. Sure her bodyguards were antsy, but they should be given their job and what recently had happened. Which just reminds Orchid all the more that she needed to hurry and find Victorique. There was definately something afoot, and if Orchid could track Victorique, then surely whoever is responsible for this is also keeping tabs on the girl. So Orchid went back to the rooftops, heading to the fort and presumably, wherever Victorique was at.

Orchid doubts she'll have an easier time getting through here. This place was suitably secured, and Orchid doesn't know enough about the local laws to think she could bluff her way through. She'll have to wait around here for Victorique to show up, and stay out of sight in case and guards were around watching. But just as well, Orchid figured she'd be on watch as well. That execution was stated to start soon so if anyone was going to do anything to either free the prisoner or try and take him out, it might happen now. Plus Orchid was still uncertain what those Grey Hoods were doing or their purpose, so for all she knew they may be nearby as well. All of this could be happening right now, so Orchid stayed on the rooftop, observing the fort to see if she can finds Victorique or anything else amiss.

Kane Blackburne
crop-1-1-1.jpg

"Yeah yeah don't mention it.." Kane said, seemingly able to hold Victorique up on his back with the way he braced himself. Even if he wasn't very powerful yet he could do that much, growing up in a place like the Kingdom would naturally demand a pretty active life style from anyone who wasn't in part of the people who were living the most financially well off lives. Irrspectively Kane was playing it off like it wasn't a big deal to him which perhaps it wasn't. Was it about a lack of self respect? Or perhaps it was because he felt so low he didn't really care what others thought of him. Him mouthing off to important people certainly didn't suggest that self preservation was a top concern of his, that combined with his rather pessimistic view point on the future, perhaps that's why it had culminated the way it had for him. Kane just hoped she could get to the bottom of it soon enough, he knew that the time was getting closer and closer and there were bound to be quite a few people out there already, where he'd normally be waiting himself for the days events to take place.
Adriano Talton
0bf38efb-2953-4e51-b1bc-73218cead689.png
Adriano appeared to at least calm down ever so slightly as Victorique spoke to him, perhaps it was because she was so well composed with her reasoning, and she sounded professional like the idea that he could really be helped was possibly was slowly opening up in his mind. He slowly sat himself up and clenched his fists as he listened to her reasoning.

Victorique's abilities would prove to be effective in reading some information about him. As far as she could tell with her ability, he was telling the truth as far as his recollection of events went, at least there wasn't anything made obvious that he was lying, which was a good sign as far as her case was going. As far as reading his titles went the first and foremost prominent one was the one which said that he was a [House Talton Member] proving that he had some form of Talton noble blood in him. The other title of course of interest was the [Murderer F] which appeared to be affixed to his title 'profile' which Victorique was viewing. The low grade of the murder title at the very least suggested that he hadn't killed anyone too important or many people at that, but just the same, there were many variables which could have gotten him the title to consider which were no doubt going through Victorique's mind after finding this information out.

"I just...I Just don't want to accept something so..horrible like that, my body..being used to kill someone like that..It sickens me.." He let out a disturbed tense look on his face now. In that moment from an outsiders view he looked even more pale than usual with that thought like the very idea was just sinking into him then and ther as Victorique spoke so matter of fact about it, that whether he liked it or not they weren't exactly going to be disproving that his body did it.

He listened intently to her next point as well, he did eventually look up toward the area where she was looking in from.

"First of all, for the whole house I'm not sure what their opinion is of me but I wouldn't put it past that Hrobert Cecil terrible one as far as I'm concerned you see he's had his eyes on Eliza for quite some time now, but Affonso won't hear anything of it, far as I'm concerned Eliza should stay far far away from House Cecil too nothing but trouble." He said with a bit of a scowl.

"I don't know about the reasons for it but what you just said was my experience, could have been a monster, no idea.." He said almost a bit frustrated toward the end.

But not too long after that he went back into thought, "Now that you mention it..the kid did look most unusual when I think about what I've been saying..they almost looked like they were in some sort of other wordly state..or like they weren't all there..I wish my memories were more clear but.."
Adriano paused for a moment like he had a moment of realization on the matter. "Yes...I do remember some details about who asked me for directions..I think it was a young girl, I suppose it's possible they could have been Fae, as I didn't really get a good look at her ears with her long hair her skin was fair..but if not that definitely human from what I could tell, a lot of gray clothing..a dress of sorts perhaps?"

"As for them being two of them? I only remember the same one who asked me for directions...but something strange did happen, I seem to remember those gray eyes appearing a bit of a more reddish color even if only for a moment before the next thing I knew I was.."
He winced like just thinking about it was physically painful for him, suggesting that he saw the red just before he remembered the supposed slaying just after he gained consciousness.

"I'm sure you right..there just has to be monsters or magic at play, I don't know how else this would have happened." He said sounded a bit desperate toward the end of that. Ultimate argument at the very least seemed to help him stay on task.

Kane eventually then spoke up once more. "Listen, He's going to be due with me pretty soon, as well as some other people, so I hope you've got some master argument brewing with what he's been saying." Kane said primarily to just keep Victorique updated at what was likely to transpire soon enough.
Elvario Elvario
---

Professor Neco
"I see, well I'm certainly pleased to hear that Gyld, I can tell that we're in good hands, your abilities continue to surprise and impress me." Truthfully the Professor hadn't quite seen anything like the owl bear in his studies so this proclaimed guardian type was proving to be a most interesting person to spectate while they operated in the snowy landscape.
---
After slashing through the snake, and checking if everyone was okay, Professor Neco couldn't help but smile at Gyld's commentary "Why yes, I suppose between us we are like a force of nature as you say that, I suppose my cat like reflexes don't hurt any either from time to time." He replied with a bit of a grin. Indeed his speed was part the fact he was beast and what was probable was the other part of his abilities lied in the magic he mentioned which was apparently evident in his family line.

He gave a friendly nod of confirmation when Gyld enthusiastically revealed that he was better than okay.

He also looked to Phoebe and gave her a nod of confirmation as well. "Glad to hear it, when the wildlife around here get so close and aggressive it can be difficult to keep a safe distance without getting afflicted with something nasty."

Before he continued, "And while I appreciate the compliment Phoebe, I have no doubt that you have great potential and will likely ascend my capabilities even, call It..intuition but i find that I tend to be pretty accurate when it comes to this sort of thing from my experience."

By the time Gyld was saying that Phoebe was electric he chuckled once more, "That's certainly a way to put it, and indeed between us three with our teamwork I we can overcome any would be threats on this journey.." He said reassuringly to the group.

"And I do suppose you're right Gyld it would be better to make use of those bodies then to leave them around here to attract more unwanted attention, I am in a similar boat to Phoebe in that I do not mind, please feel free, I already have a few of these preserved back at my lab..so I'm not lacking." This owl bear certainly had a powerful appetite! As they were unclaimed Professor Neco appeared to observe Gyld once more as he ate them, watching the shift with great interest..depending on what he saw that would aid them in the upcoming brawl against the bear of white.

"Surprisingly crab would be a good way to describe the erm..'meat' content...having dissected some they are a deal larger than your usual spider so there's a good amount there, but I think if we stay the way we're headed we won't need to engage any of those many-legged friends."

Gyld was left unopposed as he made his way with grand movements across the landscape, the weather still participating thankfully as the group moved together forward, and the stones came into sight.

Before the professor could really properly respond to Gyld he was off to the races heading over. The good professor then looked over at Phoebe with a bit of a meek smile "Indeed, he seems to be pretty excited, your thoughts don't seem far off, what I think this means is that we are awfully close to the white bear, and if you can feel that shift in the air..it's a bit cooler, we're quite close to the coastal line now.." Professor Neco's ears twitched a bit as he continued with a nod, "Indeed I can hear it from here.. with that note I say yes, we should go catch up with him." Some enhanced hearing at work no doubt.

Gyld's transformed form would let him see the snowy landscape in greater detail, there didn't appear to be any threats hiding in the snow from that. In addition it'd let him see what suggested the start of a coastal area in the distance. When he honed in on the strange rock structures, he'd see a many symbols at work,, it almost looked like they were depicting some sort of story, with primitive figures with spears shown hunting what looked like what could only be described as a large monstrous bear, each stone in the central circle corresponding to some part of the narrative it was seemingly trying to tell. One of them depicting the primitive arming themselves with spears, another one depicting them building structures that sort of looked like igloos, and another one instead of hunting the large bear, they and other smaller animals looked like they were fleeing the bear, none of what was shown was in detail, instead more like glowing silhouettes. The symbols and text beyond that didn't appear to be in a an obvious well known language.

Thanks to Gyld's other ability Spirit Beast Education He'd tell that something was seemingly ancient was calling to him, the energy felt like a much more potent version of what he had encountered with the snakes. There appeared to be something..perhaps dormant and powerful related to the stones nearby.

By the time Gyld circled back, Professor Neco would inquire, "Learn anything of interest? I can't say I've seen these before, perhaps it really is ritual related like you said..Any thoughts Phoebe?"

As the trio grew closer, what Gyld had seen would become more obvious to Professor Neco and Phoebe, even more strangely, there appeared to be what could only be described as a faint blue glow of four sizable bear paws in the center of the circle of alignments as the group got closer.

---
Orchid successfully got through the interaction without getting cut indeed, she had been doing very well as acting as eyes in the shadows as far as gathering information had gone, who would have thought an Orc of all would have just the skillset needed to be effective in this task?

Given the positioning of how Orchid had appeared to talk to Eliza, some people in the far back of the crowd did see her talk, and then get back to the roof tops, but given the fact that nobody was freaking out, they could only assume she was some sort of adventurer there for reasons like many others were so that didn't seem to cause any issues in the crowd at least other than some pointing and murmurs from the group of people wondering what her purpose was. Perhaps she was a mercenary working for the Taltons? Who really knew, but whatever it was those who saw weren't very interested in getting involved in that business, much easier to keep a low profile and go about your lives in a Kingdom like Rotia, rather than risk stirring the pot.
---
Dungeon Entrance Guards
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 1.04.57 AM.png
Orchid would eventually get to a spot on the roofs over near where the entrance to where Eliza had described, the squareish stone structure with the door which now had a couple of guards out front who looked similar to the ones which she had asked directions from except they looked younger and only one had a much shorter beard than the one with the longer one and pole arm she had spoken too, the other one was clean shaven. They appeared to be speaking in Terran which wasn't exactly the most helpful for her eavesdropping purposes. On the other hand they didn't look up to see where she was which was decidedly a benefit.

After some time of waiting and not too much happening, suddenly the varying height gray hoods appeared from the shadows on either side of the stone structure, now six of them total, the stouter one and taller one both looked like they were sneaking up on the guards outside of the dungeon entrance area, as suddenly the stout one on the left side of the structure moved very quickly forward and swiftly stabbed one of the guards in the side causing out a gasp of pain! While the other guard turned to try to respond with an attack to assist, the taller more lithe gray hood wrapped an arm around the other guard and started to try to choke them out! While the guards were fighting those two, several other of the Gray hoods rapidly moved by entering into the entrance, as somehow it looked like one of them had gotten a key even if it hadn't been visually obvious, as they moved into the space it sounded like a larger fight was breaking out! If there was a time for Orchid to jump into action somehow now was probably the time. Just below where she was on the roof was a large vacant cart with an open top filled with some sort of grassy looking material similar to hay.

Victorique Sopheana

It was almost insulting to see Kane brace himself. She hated to admit it, but she was really bloody small and unlike some other halfling counter-parts, not exactly chubby. Her weight should be negligible right now! Anyhow and either way, she had another dude to focus on than the one underneath her feet.

Well, one theory seemed voided. The dude had a [Murder F] title, so there likely hadn't been an illusion at play and a fake dead body. He'd really killed someone. Yet was it the same 'kid' that led him to the walls, perhaps also influenced by those tendril things, or a monster posed as one? The latter option felt more likely, but she couldn't exclude the former. She clicked her tongue. That was sub-optimal. As for him not wanting to accept it, she didn't mince her words. “You've got no choice. If you don't accept it, you'll only sound more suspicious and folk will continue to refuse hearing you out. The sooner you accept this happened and get your story straight, the more it will help your defence.”

The whole 'other noble house' still felt a bit off. She couldn't decide on whether it was feasible for them to be involved yet, which was bugging her. It'd be a key argument to make, had she any evidence to support it, but alas, she was left empty-handed.

“Indeed, magic, monsters or a combination of the two.” She reaffirmed his final sentence. “Stick to that story. No more 'I'm innocent' but 'I was made to do it beyond my own will' instead. That might at least help some people doubt the current story enough to buy some time. Of course the fact that those tendrils were there might even further help your argument, but ideally, I'd like to find out just what lured you towards them.”

She clicked her tongue. She had so preciously little to go off on. She got off of Kane's back again, putting on her shoes. “I know, I've got a decent argument, but it feels like I'm missing some important pieces. I can prove that he was made to do it, but not by what exactly or how exactly. Knowing those two things would really help the case forwards.” She sighed. “Okay, this girl. Can we confirm the one killed was also a girl? Did she sound like the description he just gave? Do you know, or do you know someone that knows? The grey eyes turning more reddish might indicate magic at play, but it could be both a type of mind control, an alternate identity, an illusion... It doesn't give clear enough direction...”

She didn't like this. She wanted to figure out the motive for making Adriano murder someone and right now she only had three guesses. A noble house's rivalry, using monsters and/or magic against him. A monster's solo action, just being a monster. Or, the worst option, a part of a more permanent attack, an interruption of the balance and first strike of an attack. Perhaps even just a test case. After all, it did seem to also start grabbing a hold of Eliza, so this wasn't Adriano exclusive.

Wait, if it wasn't Adriano exclusive... “If it also affected Eliza, it wasn't targetted at Adriano in specific, so either it'd have to be targeted at their entire house or it'd have nothing to do with their house at all... I'd deem the latter option likelier. I think this really is just the action of a monster.” If this was due to someone from the House supposedly liking Eliza, he'd have been a blasted fool to use magic/monsters that could also endanger Eliza herself, after all.

Still, she doubted she could locate that monster thus far. “I'll need to try talking to the folk that discovered the body. Is there any chance we can still do so?” She'd ask Kane. “Also, while we're heading there, do share me what you know about the laws here. I know some law (D) myself, but I'd like to be as informed as possible. It seems like we might end up going into this with far less evidence than I'd desire, but not so little as that it'd be an impossible case. We just need to use what we have carefully and at the right moments.”

As she was about to leave, she called out to Adriano once more. “Remember, your body killed her, not your mind. Your body was forced to do it. If you stick with that story and let me handle the rest, you shouldn't have much to worry about. Also, if your brother tries to come free you, tell him to fuck off. He'll only get you and himself incriminated with actual crimes. Ones that I won't be able to get you out off. Trust me, he's not in his right mind at the moment, so you'll want to be the saner one of the two, for both your sakes.” She told him (Ultimate Argument again) as she couldn't risk having him incriminate himself further.

Last edited:
Gyld's transformed form would let him see the snowy landscape in greater detail, there didn't appear to be any threats hiding in the snow from that. In addition it'd let him see what suggested the start of a coastal area in the distance. When he honed in on the strange rock structures, he'd see a many symbols at work,, it almost looked like they were depicting some sort of story, with primitive figures with spears shown hunting what looked like what could only be described as a large monstrous bear, each stone in the central circle corresponding to some part of the narrative it was seemingly trying to tell. One of them depicting the primitive arming themselves with spears, another one depicting them building structures that sort of looked like igloos, and another one instead of hunting the large bear, they and other smaller animals looked like they were fleeing the bear, none of what was shown was in detail, instead more like glowing silhouettes. The symbols and text beyond that didn't appear to be in a an obvious well known language.

Thanks to Gyld's other ability Spirit Beast Education He'd tell that something was seemingly ancient was calling to him, the energy felt like a much more potent version of what he had encountered with the snakes. There appeared to be something..perhaps dormant and powerful related to the stones nearby.

By the time Gyld circled back, Professor Neco would inquire, "Learn anything of interest? I can't say I've seen these before, perhaps it really is ritual related like you said..Any thoughts Phoebe?"

Gyld, still brimming with the exhilaration of flight, had his excitement level shoot even higher upon his landing. His eyes danced with anticipation as he shared the knowledge gleaned from his aerial vantage point. "Oh, Professor, Phoebe, ye wouldn’t believe what I saw! There be stones with symbols and drawings! A tale of primitive folks, spears, and a great big bear! And, oh the energies! It calls to me very soul, like the whisper of the Huorns,” Gyld's words tumbled out in an animated jumble as he motioned and gestured to describe what he saw. His usually boisterous demeanor seemed even more amplified, fueled by the excitement of discovery.

Gyld, with his golden eyes sparkling like the morning sun against dew-kissed leaves, stood tall and sturdy amidst the snow-filled landscape. The wild vigor of the Eternal Glade domain was present in every inch of his physique, his every movement echoing the untamed spirit of nature.

His face was painted with an infectious enthusiasm, which brought a certain warmth to the otherwise stark surroundings. His features reflected an assortment of emotions, from the thrill of discovery to the raw curiosity for the unknown. It was clear that every fiber of his being was engaged with the expedition, his energy untamed and unyielding like the river coursing through an age-old forest.

The vast expanse of snow around them, interrupted occasionally by the varying shapes of icy rocks and stray shrubs, mirrored the uniform grey of the overcast sky above. Despite the dull, monotonous color scheme, the landscape held an inexplicable charm to him with the promise of uncovered secrets and untold stories breathed life into their surroundings. And in the center of it all, stood Gyld, looking every bit the embodiment of an adventuring owlbear, ready to delve deeper into the mysteries this icy world held.

"Let's just rush in there and see what happens. I'm sure the heart of the ruins should respond to us."

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Winter2).png

Phoebe nodded and followed behind the Professor as they made their way to the ruins, where they were then greeted by their enthusiastic owl bear companion. "A big bear you say?" She pondered Gyld's findings for a bit before speaking again. "You don't suppose that it's the same bear we're hunting do you?" The pink haired mage looked around at her surroundings. The stone structures definitely looked like they're from antiquity. The glowing bear paws definitely indicated that the enigmatic structure was dedicated to some bear. "Perhaps this could be a religious or ritual site dedicated to the White Bear we're hunting?"

Though Gyld's excitement was certainly contagious, Phoebe wasn't ready to rush into the ruins as Gyld was. "I'm as excited as you are Gyld, but let's hold on a minute. Let's see what other secrets this place has to hold, just in case." The pink haired mage slowly approached the set of glowing bear paw marks, stopping once she got within the range needed to inspect them with [Book Smarts]. Let's see what secrets these glyphs might hold...

Abilities Used:
  • [Book Smarts]- Appraisal E, Educated F, Arcana F, Academia F
    • Appraise spells, magical items and symbols as well as anything related to educational institutions to learn more about it.
    • Grade E, 1 Post Cooldown
Cooldowns:
  • Grade E: 0/1

This was certainly a strange situation Orchid found herself in, she knew a stake out tends to be long and boring so she was going to make herself comfortable, snacking on a meat bun she had stashed away for just the occasion. It was dry and in need of some sauce, but it kept well and had a bit of spice to it. Naturally of course, only after taking her first bite did some weirdness begin to happen. Or more accurately, violence. Those grey cloaks from before came out and immediately started killing guardsmen, with more going inside. This was time for Orchid to act: those people likely would reach Victorique, and possibly the noble murderer within. Though there was a haycart below her, Orchid had no need for it as she drew her poleaxe, donned her helmet, and aimed herself downwards towards the graycloaks. With her powerful legs (Jump B), Orchid could easy reach them and land without issue. As she flew towards them, she spun her poleaxe above her head, aiming to hit the Graycloaks with a Wind Wheel attack. She swung for the Greycloak's legs, and while not exactly "nonlethal", she was mainly aiming to maim them instead of outright killing them, since she wanted to ask questions. Plus she wanted to help these guardsmen, so she needed to act fast.

Speaking of acting fast, one of those guardsmen just got shanked in the ribs. Taking a moment to help him, she took out one of her special meat buns and shoved it into his mouth. "Sorry about this chum, but you'll want to eat this quickly. It ought to help you back on your feet." Orchid then faced the Graycloaks, getting ready for a fight, either with these two at the door or anymore that might've hung back to stop her. "Don't know who you folks are but I'm only giving this one chance: drop your weapons and scatter! I won't chase you, and I won't kill you, but if you go any further into this dungeon I'll strike you down !" Readying her Poleaxe, Orchid tried to gauge what exactly these greycloaks had on them in terms of equipment and possibly identifying marks. And if more were coming. Last thing she wants is to get blind sided by some sort of monster or mech.

Action 1 - Jump down to the Dungeon gate.
Action 2 - Use Wind Wheel vs two Greycloaks
Action 3 - Use Life Bun on recently stabbed Guard.

C Rank Cooldown 0/3
Life Bun - Healing C, Domestic Arts E - Orchid can eat or feed someone what appears to be a plain bun. But this is actually a magical treat packed with magical nutrients capable of healing significant injuries, even going so far as to assist in reattaching severed limbs or restoring broken bones. - Grade C - 3 Post Cooldown

E Rank Cooldown 0/1
Wind Wheel - Fighting Style Polearm Master E, Cleave (Area) E, Knockdown (Tangle) E - Orchid spins her weapon vigoriously above her head and sweep foes around her, transitioning into a mighty blow that can knock down enemies around her. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown - 1 Action

Kane Blackburne
crop-1-1-1.jpg
Kane was naturally pretty unaware of any thoughts that Victorique was having regarding that since his position in front of the holding area down there didn't really give him the best insight to body language nor was he a mind reader. All he could really do was listen and make due with what conversation Victorique was having with Adriano. Thankfully she was actually rather light, but it had been instinctual if anything ,as Kane eased up a bit gradually, his face looking focused if anyone was able to see it. Kane was of the belief that what Victorique was doing was probably the right thing here, it was better than to be safe than sorry, even if Kane didn't make it abundantly obvious at times, he did only want those who had actually done egregious things to face the proper justice at his hands. Him decapitating them was certainly better than many of the alternative means of death one could experience such as being tortured and killed by a monster, so in some ways his method of exit was much more merciful, so at least he had that going for him in his opinion.

Adriano Talton
0bf38efb-2953-4e51-b1bc-73218cead689-1.png
Adriano's grip tightened visibly as he looked back at the small viewing area toward Victorique as he eventually nodded as much as it appeared to bother him. "You're..right I know you're right I Just..I just don't want to die." He said the look on his face looking like one of desperation after that. "I really don't want to die.." he repeated. Even in a world like IH there were genuinely only so many people who were capable of bringing back the dead and they weren't exactly common, not to mention the logistics of the body needing to be in good enough condition..so even if death wasn't as final as other realms it was still a terrifying thought for some.

"I'll..do what you say, I keep the story straight...right now you're all I got..please you know I didn't do it, you have to figure this out, Just please hurry..." he continued sounding closer to the point like he might actually end up breaking down yet again, but even as those sorts of emotions edged on his face, it eventually shifted to one which was more determined.

"No..I will do exactly that, I won't for a moment even appear like I'm entertaining the idea that it was my fault, it was my body which was used by a weapon not my own choice!" He sat up and reaffirmed more confidently, standing himself up right.

"I'll find out whatever did this, and I'll ensure that they pay for that child's life and...sullying the Talton name like this.." He said. If only words which had such strong conviction were capable of changing the circumstances, nevertheless..
---
As Victorique got off Kane he stood up and looked through the viewing space, "That's the spirit Adriano, I can assure you Victorique knows what she's doing, you won't be seeing the block today like some real criminals will be." Kane said with confidence in his voice, he was actually being rather supportive which might have been somewhat of a surprise given his past pessimistic demeanor.

Adriano looked back at Kane, a look on his face which wasn't exactly the most warm, as he responded "I suppose a Talton can take a wish of good fortune from you in such a dire time...thank you." There was still a sentiment of classism in the statement but at the very least it wasn't the practical disgust which Eliza had displayed earlier.

Kane gave a nod in response, perhaps being a bit more laid back given how encumbered this guy was already given his dire situation.

He then looked back to Victorique and focused on what she had to say about the situation, since she was talking to him. He pondered her question momentarily before his face lit up like he was having a realization.

"Yeah, actually, while I didn't see personally, there's this guy named Newt. He was talking about two young girls outside nearby his tavern at night who looked kind of strange, and they looked very similar to one another, I over heard it anyway, some people were talking about it, this wasn't actually too far ago from when the murder took place and the descriptions sound similar to what Adriano was describing..Even if the guy isn't someone I really talk to a ton, it'll be pretty hard to miss him, I bet he's already waiting to watch the execution, seems like that sort of guy..but if he isn't he's at the tavern at the bar, that's where he usually operates, so chances are he'll be in either place so you can ask some more questions." Kane explained.

"As far as his description being accurate to who was killed..that information is a bit less well known, but I've heard it was a girl who was killed..regardless I can lead you to Newt.."

"If you want to talk to the person who found the body you'll probably need to talk to the head of the guard first to find out where that person is, since it was a Night guards who discovered the body and Adriano near it..if we're direct and focused I reckon there's enough time to talk to those you'd like too to get more information."

"I mean yeah I can tell you some stuff about the law, can't say I exactly have a formal education in it, but, there's some stuff to know in Rotia."

Before Kane and Victorique headed off, She spoke to Adriano and he seemed to nod at what Victorique said.

Adriano eventually replied.. "I...understand I don't want him getting involved and taking a fall like that for my sake..that would be a disaster.."
---
After Victorique and Kane started to move back to the entrance the way they had come, he started to explain to her about how when she had her evidence she'd need to make a formal appeal, and how part of the reason that Adriano was receiving this method of death was because of his status and the vicious nature of the killing. If they could prove that he had done it against his will while he still might need to do some sort of atonement to get his murderer title removed it wouldn't be anything too problematic if she could make her case as it was, best case scenario they could get his criminal title removed without atonement.

However as Kane was explaining and they got closer they could hear the commotion outside echoing through the halls when they got close enough.

"Something's going on out there, I'm gonna go ahead and see what's up..I dunno about your combat capabilities but depending on how this goes, might need to get ready for it.." Kane gripped his axe which was on his back, getting ready to take it out if need be as he moved forward.
---
Orchid's movement thankfully went off without a hitch due to her skill set and grade. She was certainly capable in making the jump unharmed.

Kane got close enough to the entrance just in time to see Orchid start attacking the cloaked ones. The one who had been using the key jumped back from the gate at seeing the Orc come down and start attacking their comrades. That hood seemed intimidated by Orchid's perceived strength and ferocity. However while that hood moved out of the way, Orchid's Windwheel attack struck the hood who had shanked the guard causing blood to spew from their legs as they moved back, a nasty slash across had been bestowed as they fell over, the other one who was on the other side had been hit as well.

The hoods quickly tried to reorganize themselves, with the exception of the injured one who was bleeding quite a bit who had fallen over. "We've been compromised!" one in the back called out in Terran.

The guard who had been bleeding out tried his best to eat what Orchid told him to eat, the bun was more than sufficient to quickly heal his injuries, meanwhile the other hood had stopped trying to choke out of the other guard who now gasped for breathe and brandished his spear at the hoods.
Dungeon Entrance Guards
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 1.04.57 AM.png

"T-Thank you." the somewhat now looking pale guard who had been stabbed said, it looked like she had gotten to him just in the nick of time as he looked like he was doing a lot better, finally able to stand up as well as he healed, brandishing his spear as well eventually.

Kane now brandished his axe too as he came out, looking at the hoods, after having opened the gate from the inside.

From an outward appearance when Orchid looked she'd probably notice that many of them appeared to be carrying one or more daggers, none of them seemed to be using heavy equipment from an outward appearance.

While there was an ongoing standoff now, as Orchid spoke and the guards readied their weapons. The hoods looked at each other minus the one who was on the ground bleeding, one of them dropped their two daggers and began to sprint away, another one followed suit, leaving only around 5 hoods left.

Affonso Talton
292906d0-33f8-4c58-8dd0-be594fbffbf4.png

What might have been a surprise was when Affonso himself wearing no hood came out and looked at the group. "And what is the meaning of this! I didn't tell you to do..whatever this is!" He proclaimed looking genuinely upset.

"Which one of you dared to undermine my authority?!" He then looked to Orchid, like he was surprised to see her there, looking to the one on the ground with the damaged leg, and then the guards and everything that was going on.

"I want you all to know now that I had nothing to do with this! They all acted independently! I was on my way here to see how the investigation was going." He continued to spout, which while brazen probably didn't looking amazing for him.

Just he confronted the hoods many more of them started to flee if they could, one presumably teleported in a bit of a blue flash, while a few others sprinted away like the other one had without a word only leaving an injured one and one unharmed one, it looked like they didn't want to get caught and prosecuted and heeded what Orchid had said now that the tides were shifting, it would only be time before more guards showed up with the alert..

"They're...getting away!" The guard who had been choked out proclaimed, sounding frustrated like he had been unable to arrest them. It looked like they were right to run however, as a few more guards who looked similar to the entrance ones with spears started to show up. It looked like the guards just weren't quite fast enough or as agile as compared to the hoods.

Elvario Elvario Lucius Cypher Lucius Cypher
----
Professor Neco

Professor Neco stayed near Phoebe as the pair had moved toward the stone structures. However he paused when Gyld came back and he listened to his now enthusiastic friend.

He looked like he was in intense focus for the time being taking in the details that the owl bear had shared, and then he listened to the follow up that Phoebe had provided. "Between the details you've just shared, I believe I'm of a similar thought to what Phoebe is suggesting, I think this very well might be related to the great white bear we have been seeking out..and this might be our chance to get into communication with it. We're quite close to the coast now as I suspected we would be..so this should work out well for your purposes for being here too Phoebe..after we look into this bear business, I can assist you in your field research to make sure nothing nasty from the water causes any problems..." He said in thought.

"While I agree this is a very exciting prospect, and we can head over swiftly enough, before you get too deep into the alignments, you should take careful note of how it appears to be reacting before you go in too deep as a precaution, everyone understand?" It sounded like the good Professor was simply being cautious which was reasonable, there was no need to put themselves at greater risk than necessary.

Professor Neco gradually followed Phoebe however he paused for a moment..like he felt some sort of grand presence wash over him which was well beyond his years, if Gyld got close enough he would feel it too.. as well as Phoebe. When Professor Neco looked around at the stone imagery, over time it almost looked like it was animated, as if he could see the primitive figures moving, as well as the the animals sort of like live tapestry. If Gyld and Phoebe were to look carefully they'd notice the moving story too.

"Could this..reference the people who lived here long ago?" He inquired...before he too looked at the strange four large glowing paws which were on the ground of the center of the circle of stone alignments.

"I see what you meant Gyld..this very much looks like based on my background knowledge of this land..people from long ago and the bear of white.."

"Yes..I think this is related to the bear we are searching for..and this quite unlike just anything I've ever seen before..Did you have any thoughts on these symbols..Phoebe or Gyld?"

Phoebe's ability Book Smarts revealed to her that the glowing paws were some kind of magical triggers, how exactly they could be triggered was unknown but it would let her know that much. Perhaps if they were interacted with somehow physically or magically they would do something given their prominent location as they had some sort of function in that vein.

The trio could feel the cool breeze blow across the landscape, there didn't appear to be much movement around them in the white expanse, this particular area being flatter gave a bit more omph to the wind, as they continued to investigate the area.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back