• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Evenstar City: Superhero RP!

OOC?

• Total voters

Ginko The Mushishi

Traveling Mushi-Shi
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to Evenstar City!

Superheroes have long been a driving force of protection for the people of Evenstar City, law enforcement is just not enough when you're up against a rogue's gallery of villainy; out of the woodworks they came to help drive back the darkness and reignite the flames of hope in us all.

The Star Guardians
A group of superheroes that came together against a catastrophic entity of evil and though the battle was won they had agreed to stick together up until their service towards Evenstar City's protection had ceased. Though their time as heroes had passed, they assured a new generation of heroes were mentored into carrying on the legacy of heroism. Though these new-age heroes work solo, a new threat looms among the shadows to take Evenstar City under their control.. A strange call receives these new heroes from an even stranger man calling upon them to meet at a requested location- and to come alone. The catch? This man once worked alongside their mentors in their glory days.

As a solo hero, you oversee a district in Evenstar City and ensure your rogue's gallery are kept under watch (and kept locked up) Whenever possible. Though the work is tough and often brutal, your mentor did impart to you the wise words of what a hero is meant to be and do. *Think Spider-Man's motto*.
Times seem to be changing, even for you. As you go along your daily route: An ambush attracts your attention. Sharply dressed individuals with masks have initiated a shoot-out. Their arsenal is nothing to scoff at, they even own an armored vehicle. You subdue these criminals, but find an unusual item that caught your eye among their list of belongings. Though their defiance to speak about it nets you no answers, you go onto search for them yourself until you recieve a call from an unknown ID.
The voice of an older gentleman speaks to you; having answers towards the item you've been investigation thoroughly all this time. So long as you meet them at a specific location alone. They ask to be trusted; as they speak to you the name of your mentor; no, not their hero name. Their real one. You find yourself moved by this, and are willing enough to check out this lead...

-------

Hello! I'm Ginko, I've been on RPN for quite a long time. I remember I joined a Superhero RP that didn't quite hit the ground at all during its inception. So I decided it was time to bring it back bigger and better than before! Considering the original owner didn't have much of a plot/plan sorted, I took matters into my own hands to forge a new and improved story and setting just for you wonderful roleplayers. Let's get to rules/potential questions shall we?
  1. Powers?: Though I am quite lax with what powers you may choose to have, I only ask that you may not throw a character into the mix that has reality-warping/insta-kill abilities/powers. I find being creative and unique with your choice of power to be far more interesting. The struggle is what makes a great hero; if they win all of their battles with incredible powers how could it ever be fun?
  2. Posting Order? Posting in general?: I don't think a posting order is needed, I find it halts progression if people decide to ghost or leave the roleplay. I will notify everyone involved when the next progression post is coming- and that allows everyone to get their final bits into a current situation.
  3. Any restrictions on FC?: None, anything is allowed.
  4. How many years have we been active?: It has been 5 years since the retirement of your mentor and running solo.
  5. We don't like God-Modders/Auto-hitters/Auto-dodgers: Me neither, I would like to state if you ever intend to fight with your peers that it be fair between the both of you as well. Otherwise, all heroes will be facing the enemies I create for them during battle sequences.
  6. What kind of City is Evenstar City?: It is a futuristic-esque city. It is not too far into the future, but you can see a sort of neo-city style forming from it. (A picture will be referenced below)
  7. Hey, you didn't answer all my questions!!?: Feel free to ask me ANYTHING you might be thinking about! I would love to see what questions you all have.
futuristic-city-street-scene-with-cars-neon-lights-night-generative-ai_561855-21452.jpg
(sorry I am not a coder xD)

Last edited:
I am just about always down for a superhero story, so consider my interest piqued!

I love this so much! It looks like you have put an amazing amount of effort into putting this together already and I am so down for it!

I've got a character idea for a mentored hero,as you are requesting here.

Just for clarification,do you intend that each character's mentor is dead specifically,or just retired/powerless currently? And if the former,did they all die at the same time/event,or perhaps separately?

I've got a character idea for a mentored hero,as you are requesting here.

Just for clarification,do you intend that each character's mentor is dead specifically,or just retired/powerless currently? And if the former,did they all die at the same time/event,or perhaps separately?
The mentors did retire, though your hero character specifically remembers your mentor donning their suit one last time after a year or so of retirement. At first you thought nothing of it, perhaps they just wanted to feel like they were living in the old days- but after they turned up dead and their funeral was held...Something seems off.
Chronologically, their funeral was just a month ago prior to the shoot-out that took place in your district.
The idea is that it's all connected for every solo hero. Someone is pulling the strings in the shadows, and the old heroes tried to stop it to no avail. They didn't even leave you any information of how it happened, or who they were going after.
Hi! May I ask what site you will be using for OOC? Sorry if I missed it somehow!
I haven't created a place for the OOC, but I am flexible! I'll make a poll. I know people like discord or here.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi I decided to reuse my application from a different RP that I ended up not joining,rewritten somewhat to fit this setting. Let me know if it works or if you want me to chisel it into a more uniform shape.

Heya - if you were holding a space for me, go ahead and let that go to someone else. My interest was piqued, but I don't think this is the place for me at the moment, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back