• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
1615593003167.png
Fifteen years ago, on September 13, 2000, the world ended.

A blast of unknown origin vaporized Antarctica, and the resulting flood of melted ice swiftly drowned dozens of coastal nations. Even worse, this flood was laden with biological contamination, staining the seas blood-red. After over a year of brutal warfare, the New United Nations were formed by the Vatican Treaty and ordered to put an end to the fighting. They did so, and after several hostile nations were cowed by new Non-Nuclear Bombs society began to heal.

An organization known as Nerv, founded in the wake of the newly-dubbed ’Second Impact’, acquired the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls and used the information within to begin the ‘Evangelion Project’. Massive, armored biomechanical beings capable of generating Absolute Terror Fields, an Evangelion is a near-unstoppable weapon of mass destruction. However, only children born after Second Impact can hope to control these titanic brutes.

That’s where you come in.

You may be a long-term trainee, who’s been learning the ropes of Evangelion piloting for years.

You may be an artificial human, made to pilot, and rigorously controlled by Nerv.

You may be a survivor of the wreckage of nations, pulled from the streets after proving capable of synchronizing with an Eva.

Or maybe you’re just a regular kid with a lot of talent.

Whoever you are, you’re the only people capable of stopping what’s coming. You see, Second Impact was only the beginning. Already, the first Herald of the Apocalypse is awakening. Your baptism by fire is nigh.

God’s in his Heaven, all’s right with the World.

1615594137343.png

I'd love to be a part of this! I take it, it's going to be OC only? No way I can claim Asuka? XD Either way, I'd like to join!

I'd love to be a part of this! I take it, it's going to be OC only? No way I can claim Asuka? XD Either way, I'd like to join!
Yeah, all original characters. You can be inspired by Asuka, but be sure to make him/her their own character.

Ok this is a bit of a weird request but could i do a sentient ai character?
if not that's fine but i had an interesting idea.

Ok this is a bit of a weird request but could i do a sentient ai character?
if not that's fine but i had an interesting idea.
Well, there’s no AI in the setting, I’m afraid. The closest things to that would be unplayable.

Character Sheet
Evangelion creation will take place later.

PM me your sheet, and I’ll see how good it is! I’m looking for high-quality characters, and ones with a ’storyline’ of sorts already blooming in your head.

Image: A picture that fits with your character. Preferably an anime or drawn FC.

Appearance: Any additional visual information you wish to share about your character.

Age: No older than fifteen, and no younger than thirteen. Include the birthdate.

Nationality: Most Southern Hemisphere countries, like Australia, Africa and South America, suffered severe damage from Second Impact. As a result, your character is far more likely to be from a more northerly nation- but other than that, go wild! Nerv is a multinational organization, after all.

Personality: Two paragraphs of information about your character’s views and inner life. Who is your character, really? Include trauma, psychological issues, everything needed to create a good character. They ought to be flawed, but likeable.

Flaws: 2-3 major issues your character has. This can range from physical (a need for glasses or medication) to something mental, such as a compulsive habit or similar issue. Likely based on your background.

Strengths: 2-3 important positive features of your character, such as military training or knowledge. Often specific to your background.

Background: About 2-3 large paragraphs elaborating where the character came from, and which of these categories they fit in. Feel free to play around with them, and don’t hesitate to PM me any ideas you may have.

Neospartan
Neospartans have been trained in combat and piloting since a very young age, taking the time to learn to use a large number of weapons. They are defined by their roles as warriors and pilots. There is nothing else for them.

Some specific ideas for a Neospartan background are as follows:
Military Brat: A relative of yours is in the military, or else your family’s held a strong military tradition. And what better way to advance the tradition, than to become the pilot of the newest generation of weapons? But despite all that, no amount of training can compare to facing a real foe.

Inductee: Your family gave you up to Nerv when you were a child, and after proving synch-capable you were pressed into training. After years of effort and learning, you’ve been deemed ready to pilot an Evangelion. Although skilled, years of being treated as one of many potential tools for a deadly task isn’t the healthiest childhood.

Prodigy
Prodigies are pilots that have only recently been tapped. They lack the extensive training of most other pilots, but maintain a synch ratio well above normal. They often have virually no real knowledge of the cause of Second Impact.

Possible backgrounds:
Impact Baby: Unlike most people, you were born on the very day of Second Impact. Whatever the cause, you have an unusually deep bond to your Evangelion. Not only does your synchronization benefit, but your Eva may also seemingly react to your wishes in ways that defy reason. However, this comes with a cost: your connection only raises your chances of madness and trauma.

Nerv Connections: A relative of yours is involved with Nerv directly, or even with the mysterious Human Uplift Committee. As a result, you’ve likely lived a privileged life within the upper circles of mankind, and may have connections to the most powerful individuals on Earth. But a cushy life is hardly preparation for the brutalities of Evangelion piloting.

Manufactured
A genetic experiment specifically designed to pilot an Evangelion. While often suffering from various disorders, they can synchronize and pilot effectively while being easily replaced.

Accidental Creation: Due to complications from the testing of the first-generation Entry Plugs, multiple individuals were destroyed or rendered insane by Core contact. However, in a few rare instances, an infant human being was generated from the Core in place of the person who entered. Said individuals were immediately snapped up by Nerv’s agents and placed into the Evangelion Program. Although immensely useful, and often with numerous clones in the event of death, Manufactured are still deeply inhuman, almost sociopathic to some.

[REDACTED]: All information on the origins of this Manufactured are restricted under order of the Human Uplift Committee.
{If you take this background, you’re essentially placing the information into my hands. I’ll feel free to plot your backstory before piloting as needed, and you’ll in turn be assured of a major role in later events.}

Survivor
Not everyone grew up on a military base or in a rebuilt city. Some people had to live and survive in the ruins of civilization.

Background Ideas:
Impact Baby: Much like the Prodigy, some people were born on the day of Second Impact. As a result, they bear unusually powerful synch ratios, and their Evangelions react accordingly. However, growing up in the wake of an apocalypse is hardly the best way to live, and Survivors are often scarred physically and mentally.

Public Canidate: Nerv has numerous ways of finding potential pilots, and one is to seek out said individuals in the general populace. After an extensive vetting process, and several tests, a candidate will be assigned to a Nerv base for training and schooling while their Evangelion is created. Not as thoroughly trained as the Neospartan, perhaps, but suited for the task at hand.

Other Information: Things like theme songs, orientation, favorite foods, and more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back