• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Escaped but not Free

Vampunk

sʇɐq ןooɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıƃuɐɥ

sistema-carcelario-mexico.jpg

We've all heard these urban legends.
People being rounded up at birth, or simply when young and vulnerable, taken from their parents and brought to a place devoid of any love and comfort.

A place nobody knows exists, or rather they don't let anyone know.
A place of secrecy and where the soulless rule supreme.
A place where ethics and emotions are left to die.

A place where YOU are nothing more than a NUMBER.
A subject to their whims.
Only success matters, failure is unthinkable and if it does occur they do not hesitate to write you off as nothing more than a stepping stone towards success.

It's a place where you are reduced to their plaything, you're their canvas and their scalpels and toxins are the brush.
You'll be their masterpiece.

For what cause?
A step towards humanity's true potential?
A weapon to change the face of warfare as we know it?
A guinea pig?

Or are you just there to entertain their whims? To be the toy for the mad and misguided?
To be toyed with and warped beyond what your life had meant for you?
No childhood to be enjoyed?
No friends and loves to be had.
No future to look forward to?

You are a number, and one they wouldn't hesitate to erase from the records if they deemed it necessary....​

78db1505dc793d0447d15b51ecc6712e.gif

So, what else is there to do than to come to terms with your fate?
To play along until your end?
Do you think if you follow all their instructions you'll be allowed to leave?

NO!
There's only one way and it's to..​

BREAK!​

But what? The chains? Their necks?

For now only one thing deserves to be broken.
And that's the walls separating US from the homes we were taken from all those years ago!​

Are you going to stay a guinea pig or are you going to STAND with me?

tumblr_inline_ndgc0ccRVq1szaa83.gif

With great power....​

...comes...

Uncertainty...

You really thought it would be that easy, did you?
What THEY did to US left its mark, we're no longer like those we were taken from.

We're changed.
They changed us.

We're blessed and cursed

Blessed with new potential.
Powers that make us stronger and give us the potential to CHANGE this world!
For the better or the worse? That's up to you to decide!

And Cursed.
Cursed with volatile powers we're not fully in control of.
We're out of sterile rooms and the medication that would help us not reject these new parts of our bodies.
But we're outside now, without knowing what will happen to our bodies....and minds.

For we're lab rats thrown into a world, we're patient Zero who doe not truly realize the full extent of the virus that resides within every fiber of our being...

And survival suddenly doesn't seem as easy as we thought it would be...​

giphy.gif

Now this isn't going to be your typical Superpower role-play, oh no.
Out with the supermen and orphans running around in bat onesies.

This is going to be a more mature approach to superpowers.
Meaning there's going to be some "Horror" elements to it too.

These characters were abducted when they were very young and they've been tormented and traumatized ever since...Until they snap and imitate a large-scale prison break (Which will be the first chapter of this role-play for those interested!)
But what happens when they're out in a world they do not know?
Their powers and mutations are VERY volatile, meaning they have huge costs attached to them outside of a sterile environment and they're susceptible to further mutations.

In other words; They're fucked.
They're in a spot where they need to find their allegiances.
Are they going to be using their powers at all? Are they going to try and stay undercover and find the family they never had? Are they going to try using their powers for good? For evil?

Are they going to go back to THEM? It's just a matter of time until they need THEIR resources if they want to survive what their bodies are going through.

or is there an alternative?...
maybe there are other organizations whose goals align with yours?

After all, it's a big world.
One that isn't prepared for what's yet to come!​

I'm interested!
I just have a question before I start brainstorming characters: what type of powers are you looking for? I'm kind of assuming you're leaning towards powers that are more scientifically explainable, but could you give me an example of something you'd outright deny? Just so I have some guidelines to go off of.

Phew, didn't think I'd get this much interest!

I'm interested!
I just have a question before I start brainstorming characters: what type of powers are you looking for? I'm kind of assuming you're leaning towards powers that are more scientifically explainable, but could you give me an example of something you'd outright deny? Just so I have some guidelines to go off of.

Demons and paranormal stuff is already out of the question.
And it's less about X Power being allowed but rather about it being sufficiently balanced for this kind of role-play.
Draw backs, limitations and co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back