• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From the Abyss OOC Chat

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
all dndbeyond character sheets. Kind of makes me want to do one too, but I only have the free options which highly limits my options for characters. Life cleric is not the kind I would want to pick, but at least lore bard is the epic bard that can do anything.

now I know none of the other characters are good at charisma, before there was a chance of swashbucker charisma rogue. I think this means bard would be the more valued healer in this party.

Also fine if you want to make your own sheet. :)
I usually would go through the trouble of typing out my sheet in my Private Workshop and then copy/paste it over to the character thread, but I got lazy and just popped the link in.

Started on my bard. As you can tell she is a great healer since she knows the healing word spell. Being proficient in 5 instruments at level 1 is an amazing thing.

I'm hastily adding an encounter where you guys have to climb...SOMETHING just to make all this rope useful.

How does the 'feat-instead-of-attribute-increase' work on character creation? As a human, would I lose all the bonuses I have in order to start with a feat, or just some of them?

Humans are special--you can keep the +1 to 2 of your ability scores and still get the feat.

I'm really thinking of going with Lucky, but I'd have to manually type out my sheet, because I don't have that Feat in my version of DnDBeyond unless I buy it, and I'm a poor person right now. What to do?

Probably not. Might be overbalancing if it could.

Now that I think about it, I am also pondering starting out with a feat. Heavy Armor Master is cool, but kinda useless until I get some heavy armor.

Checking the math, I would lose a couple of points of Con, Cha and one hit point, but I can still keep my 16 Str with that Feat. It shouldn't be too long before we can get some good armor for me to use, and I can really make use of the damage reduction that the Feat grants me once I have the armor.

my character doesn't need a feat currently she is set up for feat at 4th level by my choice of starting with 17 charisma. Fey touched is such a fun feat for spell casters.

Added a map of the place you're being held to the lore, since you've all been here for at least a week and have gotten the lay of the land...kind of. The whole area is lit by torches, but not as many as a person without darkvision would need.

As a friendly reminder, today is the last day to get a character sheet in! My job starts hella early Monday morning, so I'll put up the intro post tonight.

hello! popping in to say my character sheet is almost complete, so we will soon have our artificer!

on another note, i've seen you guys rolling dice in your posts, so how do you go about doing that? i haven't used rpnation for dice-based rp before, so my apologies if that's a bit of a stupid question.

No worries! It’s kind of needlessly complicated. After you post, go back and edit it. There will be a button at the bottom of the post that says “roll dice.” Click that & enter how many faces you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back