• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Escape From the Abyss OOC Chat

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
First order of business--everyone roll a d10. This will determine how many days you've been held captive by the drow.

Well, that lined up nicely.

When you were captured, the drow shot you with arrows coated in a mild poison that rendered you unconscious. You woke up with a vicious headache in a low-ceilinged, dimly-lit cave. Your weapons, armor, valuables, and other supplies had been taken from you. Strike them from your character sheet, and adjust your AC accordingly.

However, in the time that you've been held here, you haven't been idle. You and the other prisoners are routinely taken out of your cell and forced to perform manual labor for the drow--emptying chamber pots, doing laundry, filling buckets from the well, and so on. During that time, you've managed to steal one item. Roll a d20 and add the number of days you've been held captive to your result. Then, use the table below to find out what you've managed to scavenge and keep secret from the drow.

Scavenged Items:

2-9:
Nothing of note.
10-12: A single gold coin.
13-15: A living spider the size of a tarantula.
16-18: A five-foot-long strand of silk rope.
19-21: A flawed carnelian gemstone worth 10 gp.
22-24: A rusted iron bar, large enough to be used as a club.
25-27: A flint shard that can be used as a dagger.
28-30: A hand crossbow bolt coated with drow poison.

Here's my roll.....

A five foot length of silk rope

We can handle it. We're tough, and it will make our inevitable success that much sweeter.

No worries, you'll have the opportunity to get your stuff back in pretty short order! And to steal more stuff from the drow, of course.

I had figured that we wouldn't have our gear starting out (being prisoners and all), but would be getting something to keep us alive that we would come across. I'm not worried.

It all depends on how quickly we think on our feet and how well we divide up our spoils when we get them.

Are we going to have a Character thread for us to post our sheets to? And do we have an estimate for our start date?

Sorry for the delay! Post your character sheets here.

Hoping to start on Monday. We are still waiting on one character!

Noam Noam Don't forget to edit your Character thread to include the links to the OOC Chat thread and the eventual IC thread.

A couple "session zero"-type things:

-In addition to starting gear, did your character have any trinkets, valuables, or sentimental items on them when they were taken? These will be incorporated into Operation: Get Your Shit Back.

-As I mentioned in the interest check, if there are any subjects that you don't want to come up in the game, please DM me and let me know!

-Your characters have been imprisoned for over a week, and during that time, you would have picked up on some stuff about the place where you're being held. That information will be going up in a lore thread tonight!

A couple "session zero"-type things:

-In addition to starting gear, did your character have any trinkets, valuables, or sentimental items on them when they were taken? These will be incorporated into Operation: Get Your Shit Back.

-As I mentioned in the interest check, if there are any subjects that you don't want to come up in the game, please DM me and let me know!

-Your characters have been imprisoned for over a week, and during that time, you would have picked up on some stuff about the place where you're being held. That information will be going up in a lore thread tonight!

1. Nothing except a dragon!

2. Do your worst. You don't scare me.

3. Cool beans!

Darko finds his dragon in a random drow's dresser drawer, news at eleven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back