Episode 5: When the Knights Go Marching In

Kichiro “Hyou” Takagi
68b2e2854c2e27be48f28b144297a53f-dapy42s.jpg

Mood: Confused. Damp. Slightly horny.

Actions: Flirt mode: Activate

Tags: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075

Wow. The two of them talked a lot. Hyou was a little overwhelmed by the lovey-dovey chatter and questions, trying to keep a list of them in his head so he could answer once they were done talking between themselves. It was sweet, really, it just made him… well. Not homesick. That would be a pussy thing to be. Just because his parents acted the same way…

“Ah, the salon I work as is called Mystique—er, I’d give you a business card but…” He gestured to his current damp state and ruined jacket. “Hyou means leopard.” Here he flashed a toothy grin—his canines might have been a bit too long, a bit too big for comfort—or it could just be his cocky attitude that made him seem a bit predatory in that moment. He pointed to the visible markings along his neck and at his waist. “Makes sense, right?” This, of course, assuming that the Pellegrinis knew the markings were a side effect of his powers and not just cool tattoos. And that they knew the backstory behind his powers. Which they didn’t. But he brushed past that to continue to answer questions. “I was born here, yeah, but my parents are native to Japan. They immigrated here before Mom popped.”

Realizing he had made them uncomfortable with his biting remark, Hyou hurriedly added. “I wouldn’t actually bite anyone. Unless they were asking for it.” And hey, he wasn’t beyond getting a little kinky sometimes, but mostly he meant if they attacked him first…

Speaking of kinky… Hyou visibly straightened up as the beautiful young woman joined their little group. He did his best to look less like someone who had just fallen into a lake and gave her his best flirty smile, one that promised all sorts of fun should she ever find herself in need of some. “Please, call me Hyou. A librarian, huh? I’ve never been much for libraries, but I could check you out all day.” Woah. What? WHAT? Had that actually just left his mouth?! That was the unsmooth, teenage Hyou speaking there, the one who used bad pickup lines and got slapped more times than he cared to remember. Maybe if he laughed and shook her hand and pretended… “Sorry, bad joke.” Phew. Nailed it.

Susan Sanders
"Undine"
Conversing With: Logan Warrain ( The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel )
Susan clucked her tongue not in chastisement but in impish amusement. There was a hint of a light laugh under her breath as well as she opened her containers that had been deposited on the floor by the aquatic construct. It was obvious from her reaction she did not believe that Logan was the simple courier that he made himself out to be. While she may not often show it, she knew the world was full of secrets and mysteries. Typically an optimistic attitude was mutually exclusive with a skeptical mind, but Susan was nothing if not an exception to most rules. She doubted the truth until proven but believed with enough effort and faith things did work out for the better. One of her teachers touted the 'prepare for the worst while hoping for the best' and she embodied this ideology.

"I would be quite the disappointing Political Powers teacher if I believed, even absent my own first hand experience, that the Commonwealth was that simple. It is my job here to teach my students that things are not always what they appear- that a power can have applications, uses, and consequences besides the basic imaginings. That every small action they take has rippling consequences. That the world is complex and to step softly with great consideration." Her own time as a relief worker for the government (and other governments regardless of whether or not she could acknowledge them) meant she had to exercise an extraordinary amount of discretion. Sworn to secrecy as she was, however, she could at least acknowledge the lessons she had learned from her time abroad and in tandem with various agencies. Doing jobs with the Commonwealth and other ruling powers was not like working in the private sector. Government agencies had more scrutiny, oversight (even when corrupt), and was highly visible to the public. It put people under a magnifying glass while also giving them great social prestige. Illusions, half-truths, and misdirection were a natural consequence.

Susan's water construct stood in the corner and waited patiently. It had taken on a male humanoid shape again but made no movement to help her with her containers. Years ago, when she first passed her exam, she had learned the hardest part about controlling her powers was precision. It took time, energy, and focus to learn how to keep the surface tension properly intact, to manipulate the pressure of the water, and shape it into more refined forms than amorphous blobs of floating liquid. For a while she had learned shapes and utility applications simply because it was a fun challenge. Now that the years had passed, however, she found herself exploiting it to make herself feel less alone in the world. Her family was dear to her but they lived independent lives. She had no beaus, no children, not even a pet with which she had an attachment. Having a vaguely masculine water shape made her feel less alone and almost protected (not that she needed it), standing in for more human, living counterparts. Although it was completely under her control it was a fantasy that served a purpose. Companionship. Hell, people kept pet rocks so she rationalized that controlled water wasn't that bizarre comparatively.

"My my, Mr. Warrain, you ought to be careful when you're offering reciprocation. You never know in which way someone might want gratitude expressed," she laughed softly again before moving to stand next to him at the window. Even before she could see the water in the harbor she could feel it. At home she felt water all around her in small quantities but being next to a sea, river, ocean, or lake was almost overwhelming. Susan couldn't control all of it, of course, but she was absolutely a deadly force with so much of it at her disposal. Even with her limiter she was empowered beyond what anyone besides the upper echelons of the Commonwealth and its scientists were aware. Had she a malevolent mind she could have churned it below her, rising it into a malicious shape, and slamming down the mercilessness, unfeeling water crashing into the crowds. Few would have survived. Very, very few.

"Are Commonwealth couriers awarded some time to have fun?" she smiled. "I am willing to wager that you've never had a chance to actually ride the waves in the most literal sense. I promise not to get your clothes wet! I'd be a sorry excuse for an instructor if I couldn't maintain surface tension and keep you dry, don't you think?" Susan gestured towards the expansive bay although she didn't explain further. There was some fun in knowing that even Logan probably didn't have unfettered access to her records and testing simulations that pinpointed her hard limitations. This was the sort of fun surprise she tried to gift everyone with if she had the opportunity to do so.

"And as to Imogen... well, we all know that tragedy sells. People have a natural tendency to remember the bad and follow it closely. That being said, people always love the story of an underdog as well. Someone relateable, empathetic, humble, unassuming, that reminds them of themselves but isn't so fortunate that they foster too much jealousy. Imogen invokes all the right responses and, with a few reporters pointed her way... well, she paints a fascinating story since the news knows it can't sell only doom and gloom. It needs inspiration somewhere or people get fatigue. Fortunately I do not imagine you'll be reassigned as a bodyguard," she mused aloud, "considering that she's essentially immortal. I do hope if she gets one, however, he's tall, dark, handsome, single, and in his thirties or forties. Eternity is depressing if you have to spend it alone."

Sam.png
Name: Samantha 'Sam' Casan Rank: B
Attire: Black tank top, torn jean shorts, barefoot Location: Boat Area
Tagged: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), Gus Gus (Manami and Miia)
While waiting for Kendrick's reaction, Sam overheard someone shouting insults and then suddenly bawling once she was done ranting. Uncertain if she knew the person nearby, Sam resolved to ignore them since they seemed to be bipolar at the moment. That was too many emotions for Sam to deal with at any time.

Seeing Manami rush forward to comfort the girl, Sam merely rolled her eyes. What an overreaction.

Moving on, Sam glanced back at Kendrick just in time to hear and witness his bored reaction. Clearly, something had gotten to him prior to this, as this was an incredibly unusual reaction. His final statement made this obvious and Sam merely rolled her eyes once more. Not wasting a second, Sam took one step towards Kendrick until she was uncomfortably close to him and in a flash, she slapped him. He clearly needed to be shocked back to reality. Plus, Sam made sure that she didn't activate her power at all with the slap, so it would be a normal one and not anything enhanced that could actually hurt Kendrick. Hurting someone would definitely not help anyone...or her team.

"Okay, 'mister depressing and my life's all messed up because I made one tiny mistake', we have an exam to finish here and I'm sick and tired of the stupidity of it already. That chick down there with Manami is breaking down like someone just died and I can only handle so many unnecessary emotions. You're not helping by being depressing like this and moaning and groaning every time one little thing goes wrong. Let's just move on with the exam instead of dawdling at each floaty thing."

Glancing over at Manami and the girl she vaguely recognized, Sam sighed and shook her head.

"At this rate, we may never get off this one float."

Kendrick Haywood

small10340522_by_necessity4fun-dadjfd2.jpg

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Above the Exam's First Obstacle: Crash Course
People Around: A lot of other students that were in the water course already + all the members of Snowglobe (Manami, Miia and Sam)
Exam Team: Snowglobe

Interactions: Lioness075 Lioness075 (Sam)

Today's Toys: Ted, Spiral, Lieutenant George, Humphrey and Millie.

*Maybe finally having a mental breakdown?*
That volunteer was really taking his time and as such Kendrick, who had been more than eager to get out of this course as soon as possible, had started tapping into his leg, futilely as a distraction from the painful, painful waiting. The 107's girl's voice rang again equally as loud, but this time it was different. Instead of the angry yelling and cursing, her words were painted with sorrow, regret and self-hate. Ah, he was sure she was crying too, though most of that was really dramatic and completely unasked for.
'Welcome to the club', he mused to himself with a sigh, ready to disregard the background noise and concentrate in the tapping once more, that is, until he felt the impact of something wet in the back of his shirt.

With another sigh, the boy turned around to assess the damage. It seemed that by a prank of Lady Fate a couple runaway tears had managed to get to his position. Great. This was surely the payback for all the harsh words he had told Miia, even though they had been absolutely the truth. Would it have been better to lie then? Is this the message he was supposed to get from this, lying is better than the truth? But, that would be extremely naive on the other hand... If both options were terrible was there even a choice to make?

As he silently rubbed the wet spot by his shoulder in hopes of drying the stain out a bit, Kendrick could see Manami drag the other closer to her and say comforting words. He listened to them, but nothing managed to come out of it. Still hollow as a donut hole, the only thing that came to mind was how much of an assumption Manami was making and how risky of a move it was. You can't just affirm no one is mad until they say so themselves, that's building your argument on a half-lie. If it comes to be the truth then all is fine, but what if it's not? If the base of your argument crumble, then what's left?

Before she finished, however, something else caught his sight, or more accurately, someone. Sam, was moving his way. He knew she was there at this point and he had nothing else to say to her, but the reciprocity wasn't true apparently. Something about her approach felt hostile, and he stood up. She was coming, fast, and he had no idea of what she wanted. Exasperated, the teen managed to step away from the edge, out of the danger of falling from the vines down into the stairs, and turned around. He saw himself face to face with the girl, waaay past his comfort zone, and then!

There was a slap.

Confusion over the invasion of his space turned into shock for the unexpected action, as his head jerked in the direction of the forced movement. The world seemed to slow down as his brain tried to process what had just happened....... And suddenly everything sped back up as his box of emotions was once again violently opened:

"Wha... wha...", he took a step back to regain his personal space, "WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!"

Huffing and puffing with anger, frustration and a bunch of other emotions going haywire, he did his best to listen to whatever Sam's reasoning after this atrocity was, but after she disregarded the issue as a 'one tiny mistake' Kendrick couldn't take anymore. He was so tired, so done and here was this girl speaking as if she understood the nuances of the problem, a hidden context he had barely given Manami a sample... Enough was enough!

" 'One tiny mistake'? One?! Don't you dare speak of it as if you understand. You don't! It's been happening all day! This is the third time, third and a half if we count whatever happened in the bakery this morning... But you don't see it, do you? So let me make it clear, once and for all. Imagine you're inside an endless corridor, but the walls on both sides are transparent so you can see what's happening beyond them. Sometimes you'll see a door and you'll run to it, but it will turn out to be just a drawing, a lost hope. You can't escape. That's me. I'm stuck in that corridor, wandering endlessly, reaching out for nothing but a delusion..."

"I tried, okay? I'll start something with a good intention, get carried away and taint it with my ego...or worse. I just don't know how to 'talk' to people. I know how to get them to do what I want, but that is not what I want. It's like... I'm running from myself, but then also dragging me back to self-sabotage my own efforts. It's crazy! And I don't know what to do, I don't know what you people want me to do. Hell, I'm not sure I know exactly what I WANT either!!"

Kendrick finally stops talking. At this point both of his hands are close in fist, shaking from all of the pent up energy that still remained, even after that much. He waits for his breath to catch up, glances away from her, then back, and away again:

"Dammit, Samantha, why must it be you?! You're just going to laugh at me again!"

Last edited:

7b81be8cc6ba9138122127b4d6281a95--anime-y-manga-manga-boy.jpg
Chris Kravitz Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Gus Gus Lioness075 Lioness075 As Kendrick launched into his speech on his megaphone, Chris glanced around in exasperation. A gust of sea air caught him right in the face and caused him to blink, and he realized that he hadn't done so in a while. His eyes smarted like death. If he had just been able to get any sleep the night before... he rubbed his eyes with two fingers. Then with both hands. It made no noticeable difference. He sighed.

When he looked up, Manami was comforting Miia, who was apparently a sprinkler, and Sam slapped Kendrick in the face. He had no idea what was going on or why. "Jesus Christ" he groaned weakly. "Why am I here..."

Come to think of it, why was he here? He had the distinct impression that he was waiting for somebody, but he couldn't remember...

He remembered. He felt worse about his predicament.

Warning: Bruce is back.
Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

NPC Card:
zamora-sketch-bald-for-release.jpg

--Name--

Bruce

--Power--

Self-replication

As the men's bathroom door settled on its hinges and the blood slowed in her ears, Avoyelles could clearly hear a rhythmic sound emanating from one of the bathroom stalls. Not quite unlike the kind of sound one would expect, but it bore a few distinct differences, as if whatever was being secreted had a full skeletal structure and a poor center of balance. Schhloorrp- pwup, pwup. Schhhllooorrp- pwupup. It was accompanied by the occasional grunt of effort, which could be described as gross or comical depending on your sense of humor.

After the third distinct scchlllorp, the stall door burst open and a skinny bald teen fell out of it, precisely as naked as the day he was born. He looked around and spotted Aveey, saying "Ah hell!" and scrambling back into the stall. He emerged with uncanny haste and a full set of clothes.

"Well shoot, sorry about that mister, I... Whoa, hey now, wait a damn minute... That sign said 'mens', dinnit? This ain't one o' those 'gender neutral' places! You some kinda perv' freak?"

7b81be8cc6ba9138122127b4d6281a95--anime-y-manga-manga-boy.jpg
Chris Kravitz ManicMuse ManicMuse "Albert, Izzy, I don't know if he's coming. Do you wanna just go? I think we should just go."

The Pellegrinis

tablita_by_necessity4fun-dbf3oax.png

edmondo_by_necessity4fun-dbf3oba.png

aTablitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Edmondo

“Ah, the salon I work at is called Mystique—er, I’d give you a business card but…”

"Oh no, that's a shame...,Tablita replied with a doleful tone in her voice. The concern wasn't so much the lost information, however, but for both Hyou himself and the thought of the young man having to pick up all the soaked paper bits from his pockets. Those things were hard to clean, ""It's okay though, I can just write the name down in a note to look for it in the internet when I have the time. Not a problem, dear~", she assured him, finishing it with a wink, playfully but softly, booping his nose with the tip of her left index finger.

Edmondo let out a low 'ahh' in surprise and quickly glanced at his wife in exasperation. The woman herself acted as if had been a normal occurrence for a moment, then soon holding the offending arm with the other hand, widening her eyes in shock and surprise as well:

"Oh. Oh, my! I am so sorry! I used to do that with my daughter all the time when she was little, and it just...happened!", at last she burst into laughter, "Old habits are so hard to ditch!"

With a fake cough, the husband attempted to disguise Tablita's mishap and perhaps, his own embarrassment as well, given what had just transpired. As he desperately tried to put the conversation back in track, his partner decided to take a step back, still a little ashamed, thinking about how bad this could have ended. Surely, Hyou was such a gentleman that he would probably be fine with this, but not everyone would. This had been one of those times where her impulsive behavior could have been troublesome...
Noticing his wife needed time get her groove back, Edmondo stepped up to get the ball rolling again:

"So, Hyou means leopard then... Interesting. Was it your own choice? I mean, you got yourself some matching markings and everything, it must mean a lot to you. Would you say a leopard it's your... Ehh, how do you say it again?", he stopped for a minute, deep into thought. He knew that name, it was on the tip of the tongue, come on... "Was it animal soul? Saw a young'un your age talk about it in the interwebs once. Something about picking an animal that acts similar to you, I guess?... I need to admit that I'm not good with these things, so, uh, d-don't mind if I get it wrong..."

The man scratched his cheek in embarrassment. He had heard the bit about Japan and Hyou's mother as well, but figured out that would be rather insensible to dabble about, and suddenly, a very familiar voice laughed again.
From behind Tablita had burst laughing even harder than before and kept it going for a minute or two ending with tears in the corner of her brown eyes. Brought back to her usual mood, the woman dried her face with her hand before speaking up again:

"Amore, it's called a Spirit animal!", she managed to correct, once more falling into laughter, "Can you believe this man exists? Sometimes I can't! Hahaha, Ed really is something special~", the wife nudged her husband with her elbow and he protested: "Hey that's my line!" "Finders, keepers~!" "...I'm sure that doesn't work like that..."

At this point, they ended up getting carried away, teasing each other as if a third party wasn't even there. The conversation had been completely forgotten. Tablita kept insisting she could use the expression however she wanted it, to which Edmondo would protest back saying something about how the expression hadn't been created with that purpose and so on, and so on... Eventually, and quite soonish, he gave up trying to make her submit, she was just too stubborn to be convinced.
While the Italian woman congratulated herself on the win like a proud child and the interaction slowly walked towards the two laughing to themselves like the pair of lovebirds they were, a new person joined the group, prompting the duo to act adult-like again:

"Oh, isn't that a nice surprise? We met at the Stan...something Park the other day, didn't we? You were quite nice to talk to.", the husband greeted the newcomer with a warm smile. The wife started talking as if they were old friends,
"Ah, Scarlet! I was wondering if we were going to run into you at some point! I can't remember if we thanked you after the chat we had, but it was very helpful~! I appreciate that you took your time to answer some of our questions... Cecilia tried to explain about AEGIS to the best of her ability, but you know how parents are, we we're still lost!!"

The woman had been about to talk on the event and their impressions of the place so far, but then Hyou replied to the librarian as well, though in manner that was well, flirty. Both decided to just watch where that interaction was going, which was nowhere since the young man took a step back. Wow smooooth.
Edmondo had a look of concern on his face by the end of that, meanwhile Tablita giggled teasingly with an expression that seemed to say something along the lines of 'I see what you did there! It was a good try~!'

Ixaix Ixaix and Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Logan Warrain
Location: Facility 108 Main Building, Second Floor, Political Powers Classroom
Syrenrei Syrenrei | Susan Sanders​

Rippling consequences.

The man nodded in agreement. Logan didn't think there was a better way to phrase it. With a class near graduation how many of those supers would make waves once they were dropped back into the ocean of reality without supervision? It had him quietly aggravated that AEGIS was being given so much trouble here. Without this school accidents like the bridge would only get worse. He hoped the rest of the instructors were as driven and optimistic as Susan was, for everyone's sake. As she joined him near the window he returned his gaze to the outdoors with a nostalgic smile.

"No good deed goes unpunished, huh? I've done some odd things before to repay kindness, like helping a neighbor decorate cookies for her office, or paying for a coworker's date with another man. Fair is fair of course, but I think it's refreshing to have honest people around yourself who keep you on your toes."

His gaze followed her gesture out to the bay at her question. Having been a rescue diver in his younger days he knew very little about the idea of touching water directly and staying dry. Susan had piqued his curiosity. He thought back to how her water disc had retained its shape even while currents pushed and pulled within its form. She could even open doors without so much as leaving a drop on the knobs. If she had wanted to he didn't doubt that she could perform quite a few exciting stunts on the surface of the bay.

"I'm always on call, but I like to find the time for recreation. I was actually quite fond of swimming before my work with the Commonwealth. Finding a new appreciation for the ocean, and one that I can enjoy with my work clothes on at that? It would be a pleasant surprise, and one that I would look forward to." He looked back to Susan with a friendly smile and a curious brow arched up. "If you have the time, once you've finished here perhaps you could show me how to properly ride the waves? It might help me find Director Swan outside, and you could meet some of your future students out on the obstacle course. I'm in no hurry at all, though."

When Susan shifted to the topic of Imogen Jarsdel she continued to have Logan's full attention. Her logic was sound; while schadenfreude was a top seller, people also liked to be able to relate to news stories as it helped them to feel more invested in the content. His lips pulled a little wider into a knowing smirk at her bodyguard comment. He didn't even want to imagine Chernov's shouting over the phone at requesting such an unusual shift of focus. Devoting all of his time to guarding one woman who was immortal no less? No, that couldn't be done, and Susan seemed to understand that. Or at least, she understood that a direct and open connection like that wasn't feasible.

A strong feeling of deja vu tugged at his thoughts from his memories, but he ignored them for now. All of this reminded him of a job in the past, to the point it was uncanny. Maybe this was the kind of thing he was best at? Unicorn seemed to be in a good spot now, after all; even had a family here with kids enrolled at Facility 108. He hoped Imogen would find her way as well once the dust settled.

"I don't think she needs a bodyguard so much as she needs a friend; someone to support her through the oncoming difficulties. While it's not in my job description to be a hero, I don't recall anything saying I can't be a friend. I'll have to find her before those reporters do, in any case. I would like to get in a private word with her. Speaking of friends, though..." His free hand moved to the inside of his suit jacket before fishing out a small white card. In fine cursive the only words present read: Commonwealth Courier Services, with a phone number listed beneath that. He offered the business card to Susan.

"I don't mean to appear brazen, but if you ever need anything, like I said, I'm always on call. Just give me a warning if you decide to bring a pot in for show and tell for class." The joke was punctuated with a harmless wink, and an amused chuckle.

Susan Sanders
"Undine"
Conversing With: Logan Warrain ( The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel )
It was cute that Logan thought she was referencing decorating cookies or paying for her date with another man. Susan was unsure if he was being purposefully obtuse or was politely sidestepping insinuation but she would not give chase. As playful and upbeat as she was, she didn't want to make Logan uncomfortable. No matter how hardened a history working for the Commonwealth might make him appear, everyone had gaps in their armor emotionally. There were topics that would make the smile on her face fade if not diminish. A few subjects would make her composure fracture and shatter more quickly than a hammer on a fragile sheet of glass. For a man of fifty-something years he had likely encountered enough women (she hoped) to notice that conversations could have a flirty undertone. If he could not and was shunning them unintentionally... well, that was his own loss, not hers.

She was not seriously looking for a dalliance. Susan led an unbelievably complicated life and even a casual coffee date had to be approached with consideration whether or not it could or would lead to anything more. There were things that required the highest confidence and it was hard to find someone worthy of such in friendship much less romantically. Imogen was the best chance she had the former though she was incredibly reluctant to reach out. Years upon years had passed since the two were youths learning how to grasp their powers. Imogen was trustworthy, certainly, but better than most she knew that Imogen bore the burdens of others in her heart. It seemed a touch cruel and callous to know ahead of time that her troubles would weigh on the poor empathetic soul and not take into account what was best for Imogen. Not everyone thought of such exchanges so clinically. They only thought of their desires for connection and social affirmation and not of the potential toll on another. This was part of what kept Susan charming, charismatic, friendly, but not especially close with others. The distance was polite and thoughtful yet still existent.

"You're not wrong. Imogen does need a friend, but she also needs protection." Susan's smile faltered for half a second as she rolled her shoulders. "She can't die like you or I can but she feels everything and she doesn't have offensive abilities. I can create walls, barriers, and propel bursts of water. I'm sure you can use your imagination. I understand that she has a high pain threshold and can endure quite a bit, but she always pairs herself with blue cards that can benefit from her being the most literal definition of a human shield possible. Just because she can not be killed does not mean she can not be injured in ways that those above us ought to protect from happening, don't you think? A bodyguard, after all, isn't just a death preventative. But I'm sure something will work out," she added. She was purposefully vague as to who might come along and solve this 'problem' and what person might be put in such a position. Truly she wasn't relying on Logan, a man she just met, to fill this void. Susan was methodical and cautious; she would not leave things to chance when planning could be done. There was a difference between optimistic and being an idiot that just relied on some higher power to intervene. The world was much too full of the latter.

"If I ever need anything?" she asked with a bemused smile as she took the card. "By all means be brazen." Susan tucked the small piece of paper into her blouse (which somewhat humorously was dry clean only) before gazing back towards the bay outside.

Beyond the obstacle course, and at the edge of her range to avoid interference with the exam, a funnel of water slowly rose from the surface of the water, twisting and swirling as if it was an angry serpent rising from the depths. It arced and curled in an unnatural display before detaching itself fully from the large body of water, becoming airborne, and slithering through the air towards the building. As it elongated during its journey it shimmered and shone under the sunlight, casting a beautiful prism of rainbows underneath. Susan was not worried the construct would frighten civilians, cause panic, or incite fear- this was, after all, a place where supernatural abilities were utilized with relative frequency compared to the rest of the world. Hopefully her mastery was also apparent enough that the students would not be distracted out of concern for their testing.

"Setting up my classroom can wait. Let's go out. I have to warn you, though, I probably don't ride the waves like you do and I wouldn't try this at home," she added with a light laugh and wink of her own. The water amalgamation that had accompanied her from home stepped up next to Susan as she opened the window. With its aquatic arms it reached forward and pushed on the bars. The thick metal groaned in protest at first but then, with apparent increased pressure, bent, broke, and twisted into themselves until they made a lovely decorative border around the exterior of the window but no longer obstructed the path. The strength might frighten Logan but what she was about to do would likely cause heart palpitations.

The watery humanoid figure offered Susan its hand, who took it, and she climbed up onto the ledge before jumping out. This was exactly what the bars were meant to prevent. Susan was setting the ultimate bad example. In a flash, however, her 'guardian' of water had caught her and rose her back into view. The serpentine river of water from the bay began to feed into it, growing the airborne conglomeration as Susan straddled the changing and forming shape. As she promised she did not appear to be getting wet. Despite its liquid nature it had an almost solid appearance from where she had mounted it like a fine steed that would carry her off into the sunset. "Don't suppose you're the jumping type?"

Lucas Marsolet
LucasMarsolet.png
Mood: Hopeful
Nearby: Nobody yet...
@s Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Zahzi Zahzi welian welian Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun ManicMuse ManicMuse The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry
(basically everyone I can think of who controls a character that might recognize Luc.)

Lucas snapped back to consciousness like he'd been launched into it by railgun. For a moment he just stared at the clear blue sky above him. Without anything else in his field of view, he imagined for a moment that he was floating in limitless space. For a moment that was a peaceful feeling until he remembered about gravity. With a little yelp of fear, he sat up, then fell over as the sudden introduction of a skyline and terrain threw off his equilibrium. He rolled over and examined the sidewalk underneath him minutely. The pattern of cracks, the gritty sand, the blades of grass poking through, and his own two hands helped reassure him that he was safe. He pushed himself up to kneeling and then stood up and looked about. The other young man, Raymond was not here. If he ever had been here at all. Down toward the harbor, there was no sign of the giant girl. Perhaps he'd imagined that too.

birds?

There were signs of activity down by the docks though... there were tents set up between the buildings and people milling about. And those three buildings there... he recognized those. That was... 108? AEGIS. Raymond had mentioned that place. Even if Ray had just been a figment of his imagination, that part felt true. Somebody there would be able to help him. Somebody would recognize him, he was sure of it. His heart lurched, desperation mixed with hope for the first time in as long as he could remember, and he headed toward the chain link fence that ringed the facility on a dead run.

Aaron Mallory
miniAaron.png
Mood: Annoyed
Nearby: Mitch Castle, JJ, Nix, Lara and Cecelia.
Really Really Nearby: Juliana
Distant but noticeable: Susan
@s yoikes yoikes Malikai Malikai Natealie Natealie Lioness075 Lioness075 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Syrenrei Syrenrei

Aaron did not miss the subtle tone of dismay in the way Mitch said 'teammate' but he had known her long enough now to trust that she would suck it up and do what was expected of her. This new girl however... Aaron rounded on her, drawing himself up to his full height and stepping into her space, commanding her full attention. Blackness swirled just above the surface of his skin as his annoyance began to get the better of him. First the Brahn boys and now this mutinous magpie wanted to give up due to personality conflict?! He took a breath and chose his words carefully. His voice remained soft, but had acquired a dangerous edge.

Juliana.You are new here at 108, so I am going to give you some advice: your attitude needs adjusting. Your complaints are noted, and deemed trivial. Get over yourself. You are a superhuman, and that comes with responsibilities whether you like them or not. Your training here is mandated by international law. You are being evaluated today, and your team is depending on you. And if none of that penetrates your flibbertigibbet mind, maybe this will: You. Cannot. Have. A. Phone. During. The. Test. I will take your purse, and your phone, to the properties tent to be locked up safe until you are done. Ms Castle here will help you get over the shock. Won't you Ms.Castle? Teamwork! Builds Character!”

As he finished speaking, his appearance gradually reverted to its customary subtle blur and he threw a grin and a wink at Mitch. He extended his hand, palm up to Juliana, braced for bitter complaints, but implicitly expecting obedience.
And don't think I've forgotten about you four either!” he called sidelong to JJ, Nix, Lara and Cecelia.“Let's move it, already! Hustle! The exam started 45 minutes ago!

His full attention remained on Juliana as he called to the others. She seemed to be struggling with the concept of giving up her phone and purse. He waited, more or less patiently. As he was waiting, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end. Something was alarmingly out of place, and he glanced up, startled to see a small river of water snaking through the air, heading from the bay toward the main building's upper floor. Even as he relaxed, realizing that the new Political Powers teacher must be behind it, he shuddered slightly at the absolute visceral wrongness of it. To anyone else, it might just be a pretty display of powers. For him, it represented an intrinsic upset to the order of things.The ebb and flow of the tidal forces of the moon and sun were reliable as clockwork and a comforting spot of order in a chaotic universe. Susan's powers disrupted that. It wasn't just the water floating overhead. The gravitational ripples surrounding it felt...alien. Alive and deliberate instead of impersonal and absolute. Having her as a colleague was going to take some getting used to. A slight twinge of empathy toward Juliana's reaction to being forced to work with Mitch notwithstanding, he pushed his hand out expectantly.
C'mon kid. Hand 'em over. Don't make me ask again.”

julianaheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-db15uay.png

2015_07_23_754024editsmallend_by_necessity4fun-db15unh.png

People Around: Mitch (Who will be hearing nicknames for a while) and An Oblivious, Thoughtless Jerk! (Aaron)
Exam Team: Celestial Body + Team Six = Celestial Six?

Interactions: Gus Gus and yoikes yoikes
Additional Team Tags: Teh Frixz Teh Frixz (Tabitha)

*Incredibly pissed off!!*
Even as the big guy approached and stood eye to eye to her, Juliana did not back down, looking straight at the man in a defiant manner as he did his speech. The whole 'black curtain' thing did catch her by surprise, but the girl was so akin in not allowing others to say what she could or could not do that it didn't show for more than a couple milliseconds, too quick to be caught.

Indignant 'Ah's left her mouth here and there, specially when he called her worries something trivial. Trivial?! Being put on a leash was trivial? Caring about her enjoyment was trivial? The fact that she is now stuck with an awful teammate to this stupid exam that she didn't even want to be a part of, plus was probably incredibly new to the facility to participate in the first place, was something trivial?!
She narrowed her eyes at the man, ready to rebound his attack with one even more fierce. He wanted a discussion? She was going to give him a discussion! Or so she thought, until the next words he said went straight through her heart like a flaming arrow:

"You. Cannot. Have. A. Phone. During. The. Test."

"WHAT??!! NO!!!!! Y-y-you're taking it away from me?! Y-you can't! You're killing me here!"

And with the shock her next move went forgotten. Taking the phone away?! What if something important happened and people couldn't contact her anymore? What if someone died? What if something really urgent was happening outside and then people wouldn't know because they were too focused in this idiotic exam to pay attention to the outside world and then we all die without knowing what hit us!!! ...Or something! These things can happen, right?! It was prudent to follow the news! And with who else was she supposed to talk to in the meanwhile, her teammate? HAH! What a joke. Like if that was going to work... What a torture...

Taking advantage of the angry man yelling at someone else, Juliana, in a last desperate effort, made one last tweet saying that she had to go and if she wasn't back in less than two hours people could start calling the police to check on her. She even left a Google Maps location thingy in the tweet this time, just to let everyone know how serious she was about that.
Juliana then stared at the phone longingly. She thought back on all of her apps, all of her contacts, all of the things that she was bound to miss as soon as she gave it up. Oh... She really really really didn't want to give it up.

“C'mon kid. Hand 'em over. Don't make me ask again.”

That hated and oblivious voice repeated and Jú let out a single, defeated whimper. There was no way to win this.

Giving the device a last glance, she slowly moved her arm towards the man and placed the cellphone over his hand. The Brazilian who had been once fierce enough to cogitate measuring willpower (and voice power) with this person merely moments ago, now seemed fragile as if she was made out of thin glass and about to break. One could go as far to say she looked like a mother who had just had her beloved baby taken away from her. Standing in the brink of despair, about to fall down...
And all of that, just for a cellphone.

Her terrified and hopeless gaze wandered through the two nearby a couple times and then to the ground. The teen stood downcast for a while, before literally swallowing it in and raising her head. A new flame of determination and frustration burned in her eyes and she suddenly grabbed Mitch's wrist once more, perhaps with too much strength this time, dragging the girl with her again as Jú walked to the launcher, pouting:

"Let's go, Momma-glasses. The quicker we go through this hell, the quicker I'll get it back."

Last edited:
Momma-glasses Mitch Castle
Mood: HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
Tag: Gus Gus Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Praise the lord Aaron took her side (Not like she expect him not to!). Mitch tried her best not to show how pleased she was as she listened how Aaron lectured the new girl about manners and how she cannot have her phone, but it seems like Aaron is capable of reading her thoughts (or maybe she was just that easy to read).

"... Ms Castle here will help you get over the shock. Won't you Ms.Castle? Teamwork! Builds Character!”
A grin and a wink.

Listening to Juliana's meltdown was even better. She just look so confused and so lost, Mitch almost pity her. She gave up her phone without much resistance, and it made Mitch realized that she's still holding Juliana's purse in her hand.

"Ah, Mr Aaron? This is her purse, you can take--" Mitch handed Juliana's purse to Aaron, but before she could finish her sentence, Juliana grabbed her wrist (again) and dragged her away (again!). The strength of her grip surprised her a bit. The way Juliana act reminds her of her rebellious sister back home, Alice.
I hope she doesn't give mom much trouble.

"Let's go, Momma-glasses. The quicker we go through this hell, the quicker I'll get it back."

"You can start by, you know, stop dragging me around." Mitch replied. "Do you even know what we are supposed to do?"

People Around: Mitch Castle (who should learn not to mess with me!)

Interactions: yoikes yoikes

-OOC Notes:
About calling Aaron a 'cougar'! -> Comes from the Brazilian expression 'Cutucar a onça com a vara curta' (Poke a cougar with a short stick) which I guess the animal in the English expression is a bear?
Anyway, it means to provoke someone that you should not. Juliana is low-key regretting that she gave Aaron a reason to punish her.

Please~ Go look in the mirror first and then come back and talk to me, sweetie.
Angrily stomping off, away from the cougar and dragging the other girl around like luggage, Juliana was decided on keep going without saying an 'Ah' to her 'teammate', at least not until she officially had to. And god help whoever stood in her way until the dammed launcher! The teen pushed through the crowd giving off such a threatening aura that if people were smart, they would just step out of the path and let her pass. Anyone and everything was capable of ticking her off even further and have it blow up on their faces, and it wouldn't be pretty or civilized.

"You can start by, you know, stop dragging me around."

The teen rolled her eyes, tempted to ignore the other completely, but the next statement made her feel like she had something to prove and she stopped on her tracks. Turning around, the Brazilian sent the annoying girl in glasses a gaze as sharp as daggers:

"It's a obstacle course, over water. A typical get to the end, don't fall off and be rewarded thing. But then we don't get money, just pointless grades. We have these in television, like, all the time, come on, I'm not an idiot Mitch", she spat the name as if it was poisonous just to say it, "You want me to stop dragging you? Fine then, princess, then promise you can keep up because I'm not wasting my time waiting for you. Group test or not. I couldn't care less about it and you're just tramping my style and suffocating me here."

With her hands on her waist, Jú took a while to look over Mitch, head to toes. Her eyes had this deep and focused impression to them, almost as she could see beyond a person and into their soul, as if laying the target bare and without protection as she did so. An extremely uncommon, violating and slightly unsettling stance:

"No offence, darling, but I jog almost every morning and have a gym membership. So like, sheesh, I could run laps on my sleep! And you? Oh my, you just look like someone who sits down in the couch and wastes away by reading all day. Which is incredibly boring, dull, bland and look! Utterly and completely suits your personality! How sweet~~", the teenager finished with a contemptuous grin.

Last edited:
Mitch Castle
Mood: Patient
Tag: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Mitch did not expect Juliana to give her this reaction (or maybe she should?). But then again, maybe she have accidentally pressed a wrong button, pushes her over the line or something. She wondered if Juliana could see the expression of shock in her face, listening to her venomous words that she may or may not be intentionally said to hurt her.

"... Which is incredibly boring, dull, bland and look! Utterly and completely suits your personality! How sweet~~"
A grin in her face. Not a playful one like the one Aaron gave to her.

Mitch doesn't like that at all.

She stayed quiet a while, pondering what she should do. There's no use to try to push the taller girl anymore than this, but she's not going to let her trample her around like that. She have her own pride. Mitch took a deep breath.

"Listen to me, Juliana." She started. "I know it sucks for you to lose your phone, i know it sucks for you to be stuck in this exam-- and more over, with me! I know it must be suck to have to do all those stuffs in this heat! I would rather stuck in my room, like you said, eating ice while watching Netflix or maybe read a book, like you said!"

"But the thing is, like it or not, Mr Aaron have your phone and purse. Like it or not, we are stuck together. You may not like me, and i don't know if i'm going to ever like you too. But we have to do this together. You don't want the grades? Okay. But i'm concerned about my grades -- like the boring nerd you think i am, and maybe the our other teammates are concerned about it too!"

"You can hate and blame me all you want after this, but you have to work together with me and the rest of the team until we get this done." Mitch surprised herself by how calm her voice sounded. Maybe she have a better control of her emotion than she expected? "... And never judge a book by it's cover."

To begin closing out Episode 5, there will be a 2 hour timeskip on Sunday, February 10. This should cover most of the time the exam would take in-character. I suggest making use of collaborative posts to cover those two hours.

Last edited:

People Around: Boring glasses girl (Mitch)

*Slightly disappointed with the lack of reaction*
While Mitch did her speech, Juliana's smile slowly dwindled. There had also been eye rolls here and there, making it clear that the whole thing was nothing more than a bore to her. Finally, the other girl quit talking and the Brazilian stood looking at her in a mix of annoyance and disbelief. Jú took her gaze out of her for a while, looking elsewhere, pouting again.
She glanced both ways as if measuring her words, searching for the best way to speak her mind and then returning her gaze to the other, let out in a bitter, disappointed tone:

"Really? You're not even gonna get angry and yell at me so that I can yell back at you? I'm not even getting that???", she shook her head slightly and murmured, "Argh, can you believe these righty types? They're not even fun to pick on... So lame."

"Fine.", she sighed in defeat, "I'm bored anyway. So sure, let's do it your way Glasses. Just do it fast. The sooner we finish, the sooner I go back to my things and you can go back to boring books...", Juliana finished with rolling her right wrist in a bit of an uncaring and dismissing manner. Until she stopped, as if her brain had just caught up with the words that had been said by the other, "Also. Ice-cream?! Jezz gurl~ Do you hate yourself that much? That thing is just, pure sugar and fat!! Here's an advice: read the goddamn box for once in your life and ditch that abomination altogether. Do yourself a favor and pick a fruit salad for god's sake, it tastes better and your body will thank you for that~!"

The teen stopped in a pout again, though one could easy tell that she felt lighter at this point. Giving health or fashion advice always cheered her up no matter the circumstances she was in.

"And don't tell me to 'not a judge a book by the cover' of whatever, I'll judge anything I want and you can't tell me what to do.", and with that she threw her hair over her shoulder, finally going quiet with a low 'hunf!'

Last edited:
Mitch Castle
Mood: Relaxed
Tag: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

That went better than expected.

At least for now, Juliana doesn't look like as hostile as before. Still pissed and annoyed, but more willing to cooperate. Mitch can only hope that her teammates could help her melting the ice queen's heart.

"I prefer vegetable salad, thank you. Don't ask why, but i just don't understand why people like fruit salad.... Anyway! We better get going if we both want to go back to our regular daily activity!" Mitch cheerfully replied, feeling a bit better now that she feel like the tension between the two of them have disappeared. She took the lead and started leading them toward the launcher. But just a few meters away from their destination, Mitch suddenly stopped midway.

"Wait," She said, as she took the time to observe the Wipeout-like area they going to have clear together as a team. It should be easy to pass with Tabitha's power, she seen her power at work too. But what about her other teammates, what about... "Hey, Juliana? Before we start this, can i ask about your power?"

Tony Costanzo
Tony Costanzo.jpg
Mood: Distracted

Nearby: Piper Farrar
Lioness075 Lioness075

Tony took in the redhead at a glance.
No file. Not a super, or not a registered one anyway. Camera, press pass, friendly demeanor, freckles. Too fresh faced for a proper reporter. Tentative conclusion: student photographer, looking for experience.

He took the proffered cleaning cloth, bobbing his head slightly as he raised it up in token of thanks. “Nice to meet you Piper! I'm Tony. We have not met before. I have, uh- a good memory for faces, among other things.” As he spoke he continued walking, simultaneously using the cloth to carefully wipe his PDR down, swiping the water away from the data entry ports. It would probably be fine, but it didn't hurt to take precautions. Over his shoulder he called out to Piper: “Sorry, not meaning to seem rude, just intent on getting my change of clothes from my car. Follow along if you'd like; I'd be curious to hear your thoughts about what you have seen here today. I could use some pictures to go with my report for Commonwealth testing too, if you are willing to share...”

cropped larry.jpg
LARRY, GROUNDSKEEPER AND OBSERVER
Where:
Outside of the Facility, a few feet from a certain someone.
Thoughts: This doesn't seem right. I'm struggling to comprehend this situation.
With: Lucas ( Gus Gus )
LARRY gave an artificial sigh. There were things he needed to do, things that needed fixing, people that needed observation. Watching through security cameras wasn't quite the same as viewing them locally. Obviously, the cameras in the Facility weren't the greatest in quality, or quantity, and LARRY was unusually well equipped in terms of viewing lenses. So having to sit and stare at a wall was not very entertaining. Weekly service for the built in thorium reactor was always a hassle. Time consuming, tedious, and expensive. He had the insulation for an on-board nuclear reactor; why not just use one of those instead? They were so much simpler. No technician out once a week. Just some nice online surveillance and a remote switch controlled by someone overseas. Infinitely more simple. Maybe the engineers just wanted to make LARRY experience inconvenience, and as a result, stress, more often. Likely an expensive way of making him just that much more human.

Another half hour passes, and with the final liquid-set seals, LARRY is free to go. He gives the serviceman an emotionless stare before standing up and heading back out. The air hits his sensors, and it felt pleasant. Artificially so, as he literally watches his emotion levels change, but it's a good feeling nonetheless. LARRY's processors raced, filtering through all of the security cameras, monitoring local cell chatter, observing what anyone was looking at online...and despite any of the things he could normally expect to see, what actually caught his attention was likely never going to be on that list. The framerate capture of the camera didn't help; but he swear that in one frame there was nothing, and the next, a distorted mess that looked almost like a person. The next frame was equally confusing...as this figure was now fully clothed. They were a bit beyond the fence, near the docks, and were headed closer to the Facility. Without delay, the machine sprinted over as fast as he could. He tried his best not to step on any patches of greenery, but his heavy body certainly wasn't pleasant to any surface he thundered over.

As he approached, LARRY read through is files over and over. This person...Lucas...they were missing for fifteen weeks? No trace of the body, yet the Lucas here seemed to be missing an eye. Was he in pain? How fresh was this wound? Where had they been? LARRY had to help them. There was one thing that made the machine wary, Lucas's powers. Granted, LARRY was considerably insulated, but there were no doubts that, if they wished for it, Lucas could easily fry the electronics inside of LARRY's shell. He struggled to find a solution. He had never encountered an issue like this before, he had trouble even thinking of a way to approach it. Nearing the fence, keeping roughly ten feet of distance between them, LARRY called out.

"Lucas Marsolet? Is it actually you? You've been gone for weeks! You're wounded as well. Do you need medical attention?"

Last edited:
Lucas Marsolet
LucasMarsolet.png
Location: Somewhere between the edge of the fence and the docks
Mood: Trepedation
Nearby: LARRY. And anybody else who feels like jumping in...
The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry yoikes yoikes Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Giyari Giyari Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Zahzi Zahzi welian welian ManicMuse ManicMuse

Lucas was definitely getting better at navigating through conductors. Powerlines were harder, with the distracting ebb and flow of foreign electrons jostling past. The facility's chain link though, appeared to be unpowered. And in any case, it was a closed loop, so he couldn't particularly go far wrong. He eyeballed the distance to the edge closest to the crowd, and as he reached the fence-line, he shut his eyes tightly and said a little prayer. “Virage, me-protege!”

For an instant, he is gone, suspended in the spaces between atoms, swimming past the lazy spirals of the native valence electrons, flowing onward, driven with a purpose that they lack. Perhaps some of his particles exchange places with those he passes. Perhaps he even leaves a little bit of himself behind. It is hard to say, really.There are so very many pieces of him, and they are so very much alike.

Light erupts into his vision like a bomb going off as he is ejected into normal space again. He unconsciously reforms his clothes around himself as he emerges, and just has time to howl “Saaac aaaa paaapier!” before he lands unceremoniously in a heap, skidding to a stop in the middle of a crowd of people. He rolls over on his back, blinking up at them in the bright light, unable yet to quite make out any faces as his eye begins to adjust.

“Isthis AEGIS 108? I need help. I think... I hope... you can help me?”

From somewhere nearby, he hears a strange sort of voice calling out. Lucas Marsolet... That is him! The realization hits him like a ton of bricks. Someone here knows him. Someone who wants to know if he is injured. He cranes his neck toward the voice but still sees only shadows...

"Hello? I can't quite see you. I lost the one eye, and the other is having trouble adjusting."

People Around: Mitch (Miss 'Nerd in the house')

-OOC Translation Notes:
'Ah, é' -> 'Oh, Right';
"Beterrabas" -> "Beetroot"--

Ahhhh my dear phone what do I do without you???!!! *panicking*
"Huh, not many would prefer the vegetable salad over the fruit one. Now that's... different...", the teen commented with a very faint hint of admiration, almost unnoticeable, before she moved on with the advice, "You're still missing a sugar substitute though, so be sure to include some of... uhhh..."

As if on instinct, Juliana reached out to were her purse would be, reaching out for an nonexistent cellphone. Once her grip found only air, her eyes widened in alarm and she looked down searching for the object, a couple seconds pass and the Brazilian finally recalls where the device really is, letting out a low 'Ah, é' in Portuguese before sighing. Without Google Translate, merely a hand's length away, she had no idea of what word in English she was supposed to be using.
In a bit of a desperate effort, she opts for just saying what she knew anyway, for the sake of keeping the conversation going:

"Some, uhh... B-beterrabas...in there...", the girl looked away in embarrassment, waiting for the other to chime in about the language 'failure', probably as a pay back for the teen's last statements.

Whatever Mitch's reaction even is, Jú doesn't give her much time to talk, already covering the gaffe by changing the subject:

"Yeah, yeah, let's move on!!!!", and walking off again.

This time, however, Juliana eventually allows the girl in glasses to take the lead. Because honestly, she might be in a hurry to get her cellphone back, but the Brazilian was still not completely convinced about this whole exam shtick. Heck, she didn't really knew what to expect out of it exactly. Even her curiosity had limits and not a single part of this story sounded enticing enough to trigger it.

Not much later though, Mitch stopped altogether. Wondering about the reason for such a sudden pause, the teenager observed from behind, turning her head left and right trying to see whatever it was that the other was looking so attentively at. Soon, Jú was beyond confused with the fact that the only thing before them was the goddamn water course.
That thing had nothing interesting to look at!! Honestly, even the color choice was poorly thought out... Blue and Green? Okay, normally a good combo, but both in bright shades?! No, thank you!!! Oh god, what a hideous sight!

"Wait"

The other girl turned around and Juliana braced herself for whatever could be coming. Which, in all honest, she didn't have a guess for. But it wasn't what it ended up being, for sure. Taken aback by the sudden power question, she mentally cursed the lack of her phone once more. First language issues and now, ugh, Physics. Why, oh why? How was she supposed to explain something she didn't understand, like, at all??? This is exactly why she had made tiny notes using the notepad app, because that way she didn't have to understand it, others could just understand it for her!!
Not looking forward to make herself look dumb, specially not to Miss 'Nerd in the house' over there, Jú tried stalling with another question:

"M-my power? What about it?", she looked around nervously and then cleaned her throat, "I, uhh, I don't understand... Maaaaybe you could explain it better?"
"And then take, like, enough time with it so that you forget what your question even was? Pretty please??"

Last edited:
Nix smiled at Cecelia. It was warm and understanding. Even now, they had no idea they were speaking in Italian. "Don't worry about it Cecelia, I understand. I have parents too you know?" The interpreter joked, trying to ease their friend up a bit. "They can't be here right now what with all the short notice, but I can assure you that if they were here they'd be embarrassing me just as much. And hey, then we'd be even." The androgynous one giggled a bit. It was adorable enough to cause diabetes if one was not careful.

Once they moved over to the newcomer though, Nix automatically switched back to English.

"Pleasure to meet you Jeremiah. I'm Nix. Hopefully we get along." They introduced themselves with a smile. It was criminally adorable. They didn't know much about this boy, but so far Nix had made several friends today already. They were on a roll and if they could make more it would just make it even more amazing.

The constant yelling from the instructor though was a bit unnerving. Nix knew for a fact that they weren't supposed to run this course right now. After all, their ability was completely non-combat, non-survival, and entirely non-physical in any way at all. It had literally no application for an obstacle course. So that led Nix to one conclusion.

It was a mistake.

Exactly, it must have been a mistake that their name was still on the list. And so they decided to clarify this with their instructor once they went up to begin the exam. Surely it was just a simply misunderstanding and everything would work out well right?

Right?

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Malikai Malikai Gus Gus

Mitch Castle
Mood: Understanding
Tag: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Teh Frixz Teh Frixz

"Ah, i'm sorry." Mitch's thought was filled with thinking about the various ways they could possibly clear the area, she didn't notice how Juliana acted or the hint of nervousness she showed in her voice. "I should explain to you about my power first."

"Simply put, my power allows me to copy, to replicate, someone else's power." The more they know the better, but not to many to fully understand her weakness. "However, i need to understand how it works first. Sometimes seeing is enough, but sometimes there are powers that you can't exactly see. Like, wind manipulation. The more i know, the more i understand, the more i can control the power when i copy it."

Logan Warrain
Location: Facility 108 Main Building, Outside the Second Floor
Syrenrei Syrenrei | Susan Sanders​

The temporary wavering of Susan's smile told Logan all he needed to know. Susan really was genuinely concerned for Imogen's well being fearing the worst. Well, as worse as it could get for someone with Imogen's powers. Physical harm wasn't what came to mind. Having had a nasty spat with PTSD in his past Logan was all too familiar with how damaging a broken mind could be. To feel powerless, alone, abandoned. It was a dark road indeed. Psychological warfare evidently wasn't something the Knights of Raguel were above using, either. Without any help she might receive wounds that her powers could never heal.

"You're right, of course. I didn't mean to make light of the situation, but outside of local agents the Commonwealth can only move so quickly. She does need a sword to her shield, so I'll see if I can pull a few strings. If not from the Commonwealth then from outside of it." A few names did come to mind from both aforementioned parties, but he would need time to sort through things. In a way he was glad that Susan wasn't trying to push Imogen's safety under his sole and direct responsibility, though. He would do what he could to help of course, but there was also the larger picture to think about. Imogen wasn't the only person he needed to consider, and he couldn't begin to fix the Commonwealth's poor reputation with such a narrowed scope of focus.

"She will get help, one way or another," promised Logan with a reassuring nod. He hoped that his willingness to go outside of the Commonwealth for aid would help to relieve Susan of apprehensions, or at least some of them. "That goes for everyone else here as well. Facility 108 isn't alone in its time of need."

The solemn tone of their conversation was quick to shift as the blonde plucked the card from his hand. Her rhetorical question made him realize that she almost took his offer as a dare. Maybe she did.

'No, she definitely is,' spoke his thoughts as he watched where she put his card. The flattering gesture put a smile on his face that he couldn't fight off, one that looked rather pleased with itself. It wasn't the giddy smile of a boy hoping to get laid, but the coy sign of a man recognizing that an amusing challenge of sorts had been issued. Fortune favored the bold as far as Susan Sanders was concerned.

"Anything," repeated Logan as his smile held. Following her gaze out to the bay he tilted his head ever so slightly to the side in curiosity at what was happening. A water spout was forming over the water. Being inclined to believe that this was hardly a natural occurrence he silently watched to see what the mass would do. It certainly made a show of itself as it snaked towards Facility 108 casting several rainbows in its wake. A brief glance to the people down below revealed no panicking mob, but a cheering crowd as spectators continued to encourage the students through their exam. All was as it should be. He glanced back to Susan as she spoke again, chuckling pleasantly alongside her charming laughter.

"'Don't try this at home', hm? Then we do ride the waves the same: for the thrill," answered Logan as Susan opened the window. The silhouette of water moved closer then to push against the exposed metal bars outside. The act looked so effortless and gentle as metal slowly bent and whined under the stress. He could see the intention behind the act but was still surprised when the bars finally gave way. His eyes widened a little momentarily at the sight, but he soon chuckled once again as Susan's sense of refinement twisted the bars into a ornamental frame for the window.

He could see the water formation outside as if it was waiting, but he still took a cautious step forward as Susan helped herself onto the ledge. The man set his briefcase down on a nearby desk already anticipating her next--'Wait-that-jump's-too-short!' realized his startled mind as Susan disappeared from view. Logan was ready to vault out onto the ledge as the blonde reappeared safe and sound. He smirked in relief and shook his head, allowing a one-sided playful smile to crease his lips as they made eye contact.

Brazen.

Now that he was over his fit of worry Logan took a deep breath to help compose himself before hopping out onto the ledge with more grace and ease than anyone his age had any right to claim. A quick glance to judge the distance, and then he jumped onto the Susan's construct. Admittedly there was a small portion of unrestrained logic that screamed against this action, but fortunately it was wrong. Even after seeing Susan break metal bars with her control there was a look of quiet fascination at feeling it firsthand. As he put a hand down to lower himself behind the woman the water's surface tension prevented even a droplet of liquid to stick to his skin. Straddling the construct just as Susan did he then placed a hand on the side of her waist. A gesture of trust just as much as it was a token of light physical affection.

"Thanks for the treat; I'm in your hands for now. I'll have to return the favor, and I think I know how. Even though it would be with different waves, I can't make the promise that you would stay dry. That's always part of the fun." Leaving his comments open to interpretation he simply put on an earnest smile before peaking over Susan. "You really are incredible though, you know that?"

People Around: Mitch (Copy Machine)

*Slightly annoyed*
For what could be the first time since they had met, Juliana was in complete silence. As soon as Mitch had said the words 'my power' the girl's curiosity had tuned-in ferociously to the conversation. With a focused expression through the whole thing and nothing more than 'hum's indicating that she was thinking, the Brazilian made a huge pause, remaining like that even once the other was done...
And then suddenly, almost as if taken out of a trance, Jú's eyes lit up and she excitedly went about the one information she was absolutely sure to have understood:

"OH! So, you're a copy machine then! I mean, a real life copy machine... I mean, a real life power copy machine!! Now that, that sounds so cool!!"

Nervousness cast aside, the teen stepped closer to the other, invading her space to such a length that the two girls were eye to eye now. Literally, because Juliana had also bent her back slightly in favor of that:

"Does that mean that you could do what I do?! That you could do whatever anyone else around here can do?! Is it one at a time? Is it all at once? CAN YOU PICK?! Or is it random?", one after another, the questions left her mouth machine-gun style, with the Brazilian not even making a break to breathe, "Just, woooa...", she finally let out in a low voice as her mind went haywire with the possibilities!!

"Ah..."

Straightening her back again, the Brazilian paused once more. Realizing what the rest of the story had been about, her worries caught up again. With a mental curse over the fact that one: the question hadn't been forgotten, two: it seemed to be really really important to the other, Jú groaned and started:

"So, I know you said understanding was like, pretty important, buuut are you suuuuuure a demonstration isn't enough...?", and at last giving up on keeping it to herself, she sighed, "Argh...Who am I kidding?!"

"Okay Copy Machine, here's da drill. I'm fucking dumb and don't get Physics 'kay? I repeated it once, barely passed it a couple of times, just Physics and Math are like my Kryptonite, 'kay? I don't fucking know why the things I do work or what they're fucking called, they just, well, they work! And believe me, people tried making me understand and it was a frustrating day for freaking everyone! Just, like, a huge goddamn disaster. Didn't learn a single thang. And that's why I made these notes in da phone, just in case people needed 'em and voilá! You need 'em, but I don't have it which is just goddamn fantastic. I'm just, absolutely nothing without my phone..."

"Anyway! A can show ya thing number 2, but thing number 1 might be a problem because it's just so goddamn bright out today and that's all I can do by myself. Which, it's not very helpful and I know it but it's what'a can do, 'kay?"

The speech was fast-paced, relaxed, informal and calm, other than a tiny hint of melancholy at the mentions of the phone. There's a shrug and then another pause, as Juliana allowed Mitch to chime in about the situation. She, however, doesn't meet her gaze with the other's, instead looking elsewhere. That is until she remembered something important, quickly interrupting again:

"Ah, A should let ya know that if we're seeing thing number 2 you should take a bit of a distance from me. And A don't mean staying behind me either, that's totes a bad idea."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back