Episode 5: When the Knights Go Marching In

Kendrick Haywood

small10340522_by_necessity4fun-dadjfd2.jpg

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Somewhere in between the Exam Area and the Boat Area
People Around: Manami
Exam Team: Snowglobe

Interactions: Gus Gus
Additional Team Tags: Lioness075 Lioness075 (Sam) and ViAdvena ViAdvena

Today's Toys: Ted, Spiral, Lieutenant George, Humphrey and Millie.

*slowly catching up with the current happenings*
As his inner storm quelled, the sensation of guilt caught up with him. Manami didn't deserve this. If there was someone that absolutely didn't need to hear any of that was her. If anything, the boy's wish had been to spare her from the sight and yet, for the second time, the opposite had occurred. His desire to remain a kind friend in her eyes, even if he didn't think he deserved such a title, had it been the right thing to do or had it just been selfish?
He didn't have an answer to give.

More calm, the possible consequences of his actions took over his thoughts. At the time, the accusation and curses had seemed so certain, so exact, but now, they echoed hollow. The moment he had actually heard his own voice saying those words, something seemed wrong. Those weren't the words he actually wanted to say... Why had he said all those terrible things?

"She definitely hates me now", he lowered his gaze further, the grassy floor was barely in focus, "That one actually took longer than I expected..."

Closing his eyes, letting out a sigh filled with regret, Kendrick had been ready for whatever punishment Lady Fate had prepared for him. He had anticipated getting yelled at, he had anticipated Manami having a similar outburst, he had even anticipated being abandoned, right there, without a single word. What he hadn't expected was to have a hand gently rest by his shoulder, he was taken by surprise.
Everything stopped, or at least that's what it felt like to him. He glanced at the hand before looking back at its bearer, his expression was once again washed with confusion. Hers, however, seemed to spell 'understanding'. He opened his mouth with the intention to ask something, but this time the words got trapped inside his throat and no sound managed to get out. Instead, the boy listened and each of the girl's words seemed to carry so much importance, despite being common and simple.
The little things, he started to realize, were the ones getting to him more and more lately.

Manami's sentence hadn't been the most insightful thing in the world, but it had been enough. With two or three phrases, the despairing sensation of losing her friendship was gone. In fact, Kendrick felt closer than ever to her now. Turns out the little things that brought him pain could also bring about intense joy, it made him a little hopeful.
He felt himself start to tear up and promptly held it in, discreetly drying his eyes with his shirt's sleeves. Then he looked back at her, once again opening his mouth but failing to let words through. He wanted to thank her, a lot, heck he wanted to do more than that, but suddenly doing that would require such an effort...!

Unable to say words, he nodded at her in agreement and held her hand, stealing a glance towards the harbor as he did so. What was supposed to be just a glance lasted a lot longer than that, courtesy of Tabitha. With his mouth open, the teenager watched the giantess take a couple steps and then 'vanish' as if there had been nothing unusual in the first place. He didn't know whether be amazed by the scene itself or the fact that he had taken this long to realize it was even happening... Woa, he had to have been reeeeally out of it to miss something like that!

...Which also reminded him that there was an exam going on. Yikes, how could he get this sidetracked?!

"Oh, no. How long has it been?", Kendrick muttered to himself worried, "Wait. if you're here then, who is in the water course...?", he had asked, though more like a self-reflection than an actual question, "...Manami, did something go wrong?"

Last edited:
Manami Hamasaki
stingray.png
Nearby: Tony, Sam
Interaction: Kendi-kun
@s Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075

"Nothing is wrong. The Green Gator team is going ahead of us. The 107 girl rushed ahead and left us behind, but we can catch up. Sam is fast and I came back to help you catch up too. Come with me."

Manami led Kendi by the hand to the edge of the dock. The strange man was still dripping wet and trying to dry off something that looked a little like a big phone, and glared at her as she passed. She shrugged, simply saying, 'Sorry'

When they got to end of the gangway, instead of getting aboard a boat, she dropped his hand and stepped into the water. She sank in only to just above the knees however, and the water churned violently under her. She glanced back and grinned.

"This is a trick I learned from dolphins, Kendi-kun. Grab onto my shoulders and brace your knees on my back. Then I will show you why team snow globe does not have to worry about passing an obstacle course test that is floating on the water."

She reached back behind herself with both arms, elbows bent and fingers turned inward, offering him both handholds and footholds.

Then she waited, treading water as easily as if she were still standing on the dock.

Kendrick Haywood

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Somewhere in-between the Exam Area and the Boat Area, near the water
People Around: Manami

Interactions: Gus Gus

Still not sure about the piggy-back swimming thing, but I might just have had a brilliant idea of how to put our team back together...
"Left behind? I don't know, still sounds wrong to me..."

Kendrick let Manami guide him whenever she wanted to, but he himself wasn't paying much attention to the path. Instead the story of the 107 student leaving them behind evoked something else. He remembered Sam's very realistic view of how the event would go, or more accurately, how it was going so far... He had seen that student make her first move, could they really catch up to her? Well, one of them obviously could, but what about the rest of them?

He thought and thought about it, time and time again the answer was 'no'. It was very unlikely that he and Manami could catch up, especially him. There had to be something else that the boy could do, either to slow the 107 girl down or...

"This is a trick I learned from dolphins, Kendi-kun."
"The dolphins did what...?", he interjected, a bit louder than he would have preferred to. It was clear that he hadn't listened to a single word.

Suddenly dragged out of his moment of introspection, he raised his gaze to encounter the speaker and was surprised to see that they were closer to the water. To make things even more odd and awkward, Manami was in a strange swimming position... Actually, it was almost as if she was like that so that he could... uhh, mount her? Uh-oh! Bad wording, bad wording! Ride her then?......... Both of these sounded terrible:

"Oh. Uhh...", Kendrick grew nervous and started sweating cold, "A-are you sure that's safe? I mean... I'm tall and probably heavy and uhhh...", he took his gaze out of her, instead watching some other team beyond the harbor as they dealt with the exam. Something told him that the one way ahead could only be their little team-deserter, "There's a bunch of water down there... I mean, are you absolutely sure that you can hold us both for that long??"

The teenager returned his gaze to his teammate and felt himself get even more anxious. In a reflex, the boy reached out for his backpack's straps, squeezing them for stress relief... Wait. The backpack is still here! He couldn't cross the bay with it, in this type of exam it would only slow them down further!

"You know what?" he interrupted before the other could say anything, "That's good, if you can just stay there and wait a little bit, I have something that I need to do.", Kendrick glanced back, looking for a place to leave his backpack and then, a new object caught his attention. That, that could work!
"Okay, make it two. Two really really important somethings that I need to do.", he turned around, making a dash back towards a more crowded area and waving back at Manami, "I'll be right back, I promise!"

Less than ten minutes later, his form emerged from the crowd where he had disappeared earlier. With a slightly messier hair and the lapels of both the vest and his shirt in disarray, you didn't have to be a detective to guess that he had run on his way back as well, trying to spend as little time as possible. Those, however, weren't all of the changes. As expected, the brown and rather bulky backpack was gone, stored somewhere safe to be retrieved later.

But there was also an addition, a black sash, or that was what it seemed to be at first. As Kendrick approached it became clear that the sash was in fact a shoulder strap, and both of its ends were attached to a megaphone, not a tiny toy one like Shouty, but an actual white and blue megaphone:

"Okay... back. I hope... That... didn't take very long...", he let out, working to regain his breath, "We can... go now..."

Last edited:
iiNPC Card:
article-0-1F62DF0700000578-305_306x582.jpg

--Name--

Richard Chase

--Role--

Izzy's Dad / Volunteer
Gus Gus

The day's events were certainly coming to be much more than he had hoped for. Taxiing out of the harbor, seagulls circled high above them. The birds were spectators in their own right. They seemed to be only in attendance to seek out unattended food. Richard looked to Ms. Barrett, quite distracted by the vision of her with the wind blowing through the locks of her hair, as the seagulls soared about in the air above.

It would have been a hallmark moment if not for the gurgling of the bay and the sight of a mass emerging from it. It took a moment for his mind to register what he was looking at. I massive limb of a teenage girl. He quickly recalled the new reports of the poor girl broadcast world wide a while back. At least this time she was clothed.

“Richard! A little left and throttle up! Try to get around the edge of the dry dock there.”

Right! He was driving. Clumsily, he turned the wheel and throttled up. It worked. Righting the boat just enough to lead them around the corner. Bringing the engine down to almost idle, Richard looked from Tabitha, to the first obstacle where he saw Izzy climbing up atop a form of vines.

"What is she doing! She is going to fall!"

Without even thinking, he revved the engine and set off, back into the bay. The first few waves did little beyond jostle the craft. However, one larger wave left the boat turned just enough that Richard struggled to right it for the oncoming wave. The next wave, knocked them further off course, as Richard tried to man handle the engine, it stalled. No doubt, the engine had been flooded by the poor clumsy captain. A stern expression of silent frustration sprawled across his face, causing the whiskers of his mustache to quiver ever so slightly. There was little he could do now while the craft got pushed further out into the farther edges of the course.

At a loss for words, Richard looked sheepishly to Kate. "I apologize Ms. Barrett. I seem to have made a mess of things."

Though it did not improve their situation, the large girl began to shirk down and Izzy seemed safe enough for the time being. While a relief, it did little for his bruised pride. Having no idea what he was doing, Richard attempted to inspect the engine, hoping to find some form of instruction on how to right the mess he had made.

Kyo and Makoto Hamasaki
HamasakiFiltered.jpg

Makoto is busying herself tidying up the remains of their picnic lunch when she hears her husband swear softly. Instantly she is alert. The giant girl had seemed alarming enough, but when Kyo had just watched, she had followed his lead. Now that the girl had returned to normal size, she is anxious to see what has managed to actually worry him. Hastily tossing the blanket, bento and all into a chest to deal with later, she bustles over to the rail, half expecting to see actual demons boiling up out of the sea. Or a mini-sub... she shudders, thinking of the last time.

But no, it is just the little pontoon boat that has stalled its engine in the wake caused by the giant.

“Annata! Tasukenakereba ikemassen desho?”

Without waiting for a reply, she tossed down bumpers to protect their hull and tied them off to the rail. Kyo stood his ground a moment longer, muttering under his breath. “Achi-wa, Baka-yaro, tasuketai to omowanai...” He did not speak loud enough to be overheard however, and quickly acquiesced to his wife's plan. He grabbed a coil and a boathook and ran to the rail along the starboard side. He held boat hook in his right hand, ready to ward off a collision if needed. Meanwhile his left hand intertwined with his wife's right, co-operating to make one end of the coil fast, as easily as if both hands belonged to one mind. As ready as they'd likely ever be to receive guests, Kyo bellowed

“A-HO-I!”

and tossed the coil to the woman near the stern of the stalled boat.

Attachments

• Hamasaki.jpg
    Hamasaki.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
Kate Barrett
JanusLives.png

ManicMuse ManicMuse

Katheryn forced herself to keep breathing. In and out and in and out. Like tides. Or waves. She rolled with the rhythmic flow of the moment, ready to break the pattern and act the instant Richard put himself in real danger. This did not count. This was fine. She refused to give in to panic. Let the man be. She would only screw this up by trying to save him. She won't. Won't.

Won't? Is that a challenge?
It sounds like a challenge.
I think our little Katie has thrown down a gauntlet!
Shall we... punish her a little?
I bet she'd be upset if she said just the wrong thing to her new friend...

You're playing with fire, you two.

Shadow and flame, that's us!
Watch this...

Her face already a mere rictus of a grin, the dam nearly burst when things finally calmed down. Tabitha shrank, the waves subsided, and Richard admitted to making a mess. Kate could feel all the suppressed sardonic biting comments bubbling to the surface. Mean, angry venting and the end of a pleasant day was mere moments away. She couldn't help it. Couldn't hold it back.

And then:

“A-HO-I!”

She turned just in time to catch a rather literal life line. In the flood of relief, she laughed aloud.

“Look Richard! We're saved!”

For now.
You got lucky this time.
Won't last.

You two may not like what happens when you get your way.

Last edited:

Manami smiled as Kendi tore off into the crowds, amused anew at how much people underestimated her strength. Even on land, she was stronger than most normal humans, but in the water? She chuckled at the thought that he doubted her ability to carry him. Perhaps it was time to show off a tiny bit...

While she waited, she continued to casually 'tail walk' up and down the end of the dock, occasionally dropping down to get a fresh breath of water. The stranger who she had doused came over and asked her a few questions. He seemed very interested in exactly how much stronger the water made her, so she lifted up a boat and tail-walked it around to the other side of the dock for him. Mother probably would have scolded her for showing off, but right now she didn't care what anyone thought. She felt proud. By the time Kendi came back, the man had wandered off, talking rapidly to himself. Or maybe to his phone; she took little notice. Once Kendi said go, they were off!

She helped him clamber up onto her shoulders. His feet would probably get a little bit wet, but Manami was betting that he would hardly notice. As she settled from a tail walking position to nearly prone, careful to keep her upper torso out of the water, she took off at a prodigious rate, passing several speedboats as if they were at anchor. She veered to the left, picking up speed as the traffic thinned out, until the wind roared in her ears. Or maybe that was Kendrick? She grinned wickedly, ducked slightly for a gulp of seawater, and then burst from the surface of the bay, arms folded behind her, supporting her friend and stopping him from falling off as she flew clear over a stranded pontoon boat and the Momo-Taro assisting it. To mother and father she shouted “To-san, Kaa-san! Kochi: Kendoriku, Tomodachi desu!” And then they were down again, skipping like a stone across the surface of the water toward the first challenge, with one final leap, she bounced off of the top of the stairs to land awkwardly among the vines Albert had grown over the stompers. She rolled over, depositing her passenger safely atop the obstacle. She grinned impishly. “You like Manami delivery, Kendi? Boats are slow!”

Then she slipped, fell off the vines and disappeared somewhere down among the stompers. From the jostling mosh pit below she chirped, “I'm ok!”

Kendrick Haywood

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Somewhere in-between the Exam Area and the Boat Area, near the water -> The Exam's First Obstacle
People Around: Manami -> A lot of other students that were in the water course already

Interactions: Gus Gus (Manami and Miia), ManicMuse ManicMuse (Izzy, Albert and Gavin) , B Bag o Fruit (Chris) and Teh Frixz Teh Frixz (Tabitha)

Not sure about ever 'hitching' a ride with Manami again, but damn, how I wish I could see the 107 girl's face right now!
Certain that this was the strangest thing he would ever do, Kendrick gave Manami a new glance, still slightly worried about the whole... arrangement before him.

Still, as he stopped to quickly consider his options, he realized the the safer one was rather 'risky'. Taking the boat by himself wouldn't make much sense, ergo, he would have to share it with Sam, which had a large probability of ticking him off again this soon. No one would like that, not even himself.
Truth be told, now that he was in a better mood, he really wanted to preserve it for as long as he managed to. He felt a bit lighter, and the boy couldn't even remember last time he was this content with, well, life in general! It was quite the blessing.

To put the nail in the coffin, ever since he had returned something about Manami seemed different. She always had this cheerful energy emanating from her, but this time it almost 'sparkled'. He wondered what that was about, some new found confidence? An epiphany? Whatever it had been, it was... inspiring. He had always known that the girl's intentions weren't bad and that her idea could actually have been better planned than it appeared, but now he felt legitimately compelled to agree to it. To put it simply, he truly and wholeheartedly trusted her.

Kendrick took a deep breath, letting go of the last of his apprehensions and remembered to switch his limiter on. Then he corrected the vest's lapel, checked over the megaphone one last time and gave Manami a decided nod:

"Okay, let's do this.", the teenager approached his friend by the water, confused about how to proceed, "So, how am I supposed to... climb here?"

The girl kindly gave him instructions and even went as far as to lower herself just a bit to make the mounting easier. He struggled with one or other step, but soon enough had managed to make himself secure, holding the megaphone in the front so that it stayed protected from the water. Once the two were ready Manami took off swimming and against every bit of common sense or expectation, she went fast like a torpedo!

"Oh my Loooord!!! I think I regret my decision now!!! Jesus Christ, this is insane!"

He held on for dear life, trying either to not squeeze her too strongly but also not make his grip too soft, which was hard given his present situation. For most of the trip Kendrick didn't dare to open his eyes, the wind was more than enough confirmation to how quick they were moving, he didn't need the surroundings to do the same thing! BUT, then he heard Manami say his name, and he looked.
Wide eyed, the boy watched them fly over an old couple in a boat, who apparently were acquaintances of the girl. Had this been any other occasion he would have at least raised his hand in a greeting, but since possibly drowning had already been a big deal, suddenly being transported into 'Free Willy' certainly made things even more terrifying! Heck, if he were to fall from here he wouldn't just drown, the impact with the water would do a Hell of a lot of damage by itself!!

When they fell back into the water, Kendrick went back to closing his eyes and wishing this would be over soon. And his wish was heard! Except that it seemed to include a bounce off of the stairs in the first float. Realizing what was about to happen he exclaimed 'Ah, we're going to crash! Look out!!" alarmed and as loud as he could. Luckily that prediction did not come true and both of them landed safely on top of the first obstacle.

Once out of the ride, Kendrick felt lightheaded and had to sit down. His heart was beating like a Samba's percussion, he was out of breath and also with his hands shaking. The boy was clearly in shock and needed some time to process what had just transpired.

“You like Manami delivery, Kendi? Boats are slow!”

"Honestly... I am... not sure what exactly I think about it. Though, definitely need to admit that it could be useful... from time to time... I g-guess.", he accompanied Manami with his gaze, trying to calm down as she went by. But then she slipped and disappeared from his field of vision.

Exasperated, he gasped and tried to catch her, but the girl had been already too far for him to actually accomplish that. A couple 'bong' sounds from the impact with the bouncing surface echoed from bellow, and then her voice. He let out a relieved sigh. Well, at least someone was okay and still optimistic about things.

The teen carefully stood up over the vines, trying very hard not to slip and fall down like his friend. Then he pulled the megaphone in front of him to take a better look at the settings. He set the volume to 75% of its capacity, confident that this would be more than enough for what he was going to do. Glancing at the nearby team, he gave them a warning:

"To anyone close by, I ask that you cover your ears right now! I'm about to do something and it's going to be incredibly loud!"

Finally, he flipped the device on and spoke into the microphone:

"Miia M. Makela!"

His voice boomed with the name he had read in a flyer earlier, surprisingly, with a good sound quality and each word very clear as he continued:

"I've heard that you decided to move on without us. I am rather tired of explaining this today, it is NOT a race. This is supposed to be a turn-based, team building event and you're proceeding by yourself, without your team and out of turn."

"Because of that I am proposing a deal, right here, right now. You want to go by yourself, fine. Then we're going to acknowledge your inability to work with others and release you from Snowglobe. Now, I'm not a judge, therefore, I have no way of knowing the consequences. Maybe, that would disqualify you for this year's test, making you return next year. And maybe, maybe you're okay with that.
But say, if next year's exam turn out to be a team one as well, who would team up with someone who left their team to go solo last year?"
, he paused and a grin appeared in his lips. Part of him was really really enjoying this. Maybe a little too much:

"That's right. Some of your colleagues from 107 are here today, aren't they? Either participating or watching and I have just announced your wrong-doings to the entirety of facility 108. Huh... How long will it take for this story to spread across all of AEGIS, I wonder..."

"This is the deal. Stay right where you are so that the rest of Snowglobe may catch up with you, after the team that is already in action. If you do that, we're still a team and everything is back to normal. Cool. BUT, if you move any further, we're releasing you, yadda yadda, I don't need to repeat myself, do I?"
"It's your choice. Just think carefully about it."

At last, Kendrick turned the device off and put it away, dangling from the shoulder strap as before.

"Check", he thought to himself while beaming with pride, "Your move."

Last edited:
Logan Warrain
Syrenrei Syrenrei | Susan Sanders
Food for thought, and then some. A thoughtful 'hmm,' and an attentive nod here and there was how Logan chose to show he was digesting the information Susan freely teased him with. Saying she was spoon feeding him instead would be an outright lie, he felt. Like a connoisseur he would have to take her thought provoking words bit by bit, and sometimes reflect back upon previous 'flavors' of the appetizers and entrees that were being served. As was customary for fine dining display was also important, and Susan's delivery through mannerisms and body language did not disappoint on their various emphases.

Granted, it was hard to imagine a teacher not being proud of a student becoming a fellow educator, youthful hardheadedness aside. To each their own, though. The fact of the matter was that Susan Sanders was a teacher here at Facility 108 here and now. It was developing story that Logan intended to follow quietly from the sidelines.

Susan dissecting the idiom of the pot and the kettle was an entertaining thought. It was a new perspective for him on an old saying, and one he would remember. The vagueness of her compliment wasn't lost on him, and he even returned a borderline playful look of curiosity with brows raised and a subtle smile.

That smile then widened slightly to reveal some teeth as he nodded in understanding of her unwillingness to divulge past work secrets. Maybe it was better that way, he decided. The past was a useful teacher, but there were also some things that should remain buried.

"Somewhere sounds nice," he joked, "..better than my trip to nowhere, but just as good as the time I went to anywhere."

Dear lord, he could just feel his daughter rolling her eyes with how often he had used that line during her brief teenage phase of misguided rebellion and obscure, single worded replies. Never had he thought he'd be able to use it in an actual conversation before, but the slip of the tongue felt natural and right so he let it be. Silently, he did appreciate Susan's adherence to discretion.

When confronted with a triple threat of a tease, the years of tactical experience he possessed quickly assessed the situation before deploying an appropriate countermeasure!

"Yes," he replied in a casual tone as if the question hadn't been a playful trap to begin with. The man couldn't help the confident half-smile that lightly tugged at his lips then, having reversed the situation he felt. Working around traps was somewhat of a guilty pleasure of his. Social landmines were just as rewarding to slip past as anti-personnel landmines. Logan dutifully listened to Susan share her own thoughts on the topic at hand as he kept his strides relaxed, not wanting the woman to feel rushed. With her water disc carrying her belongings and his own objective nowhere to be found right now they had time to enjoy an engaging conversation.

"That is a reasonable assumption," he agreed nodding as she posed questions about why things where the way they were. What person didn't wonder 'why this?' or 'why that?' at one point in their life? To hear she had figured things out for herself was impressive. Not many people could honestly boast such a claim so boldly. Logan believed he understood, a little if nothing else.

"The purpose of life, is a life of purpose, huh? Finding that answer for yourself... There is indeed a wholesome self fulfillment in that."
His solemn tone reflected his respectful approval of the revelation. He had almost missed finding himself early on. Now that he was on the right path he found himself more at peace with things. Not completely, but nobody was perfect.

Especially teenage Logan.

"Hmmm," rolled the man dryly as he pointedly adverted a weary gaze. There was also an audible sigh of... Disbelief? Regret? Bashfulness? One or maybe all of those. In any case he did not bother to mask the mutual feeling of shying away from a student who shared too much of his own technical skills. "Alright, maybe not in that particular facet, no. Even I would not want a similar situation for myself," he conceded with a shrug. Her next comment gently pulled another smile from his lips as he shook his head.

"Maybe, but I feel that a well polished kettle would hold their attention better. The Commonwealth also very much enjoys its collection of old pots. Gives them something to bang around and make noise with when there's an emergency. The pot and kettle have their own roles, of course. A life of purpose, if you will."

Logan surveyed the empty hall before them trying to imagine what it must be like during a normal school day at Facility 108. Students making their way back and forth. Teachers rushing between the crowds on urgent business. The things that must have gone on within this campus... Again he slowly shook his head, content with what he was doing now.

"If I retire then it might be an option for me. I would like to keep in contact with this facility and its people since I'll be in town. So who knows? Perhaps one day I very well might end up teaching somebody something, one way or another. Until then, I'll leave education to the professionals, Miss Kettle."

RobinWeigert_02_Supersize.jpg
Anneliese and Joey Gus Gus Joey obligingly sat on the couch, leaned back and closed his eyes. He sighed heavily, but with a sense of relief, as if he had been waiting for the chance to unburden himself for a long time. After a long moment, he spoke.

“It is hard to know where to start… and I should make it clear, this has to be beyond just your normal ‘confidential’ level of secret, right? I mean, it’s not just that it would be a violation of trust. I mean it could get us both killed. You still up for listening?”

Anneliese raised an eyebrow. “Mister Belladni, you should know that my ‘normal confidential level of secret’ could not be cracked by a truth serum and a telepath.” She sat back “That almost happened once. But yes, I am always listening.”

He settled back into the couch, slowly, but visibly, relaxing. “This is a nice couch, doc. I’m guessing you provided this yourself? Doesn’t seem like the kind of quality commonwealth typically springs for. This your own couch?” He opened his eyes again, taking in the office space as if for the first time. “All this stuff is your own? Idiosyncratic to you. Nothing ‘standard issue’ for super counselors?”

Anneliese nodded, as if her head were bobbing in water. Intrigued by his odd line of inquiry, she glanced around the room… something was wrong. It felt like a splinter she couldn’t see, but that was stuck in her finger. She looked around a little more obviously, less concerned now with dignity than curiosity, and noticed a pen sitting on her desk she had never seen before. She puzzled at it, and reached to pick it up. Joey sat up, suddenly fully alert, on the edge of his seat, and something about his demeanor made her hesitate.

“Goddamn, you’re good. You really are. You probably saw right through me too. Before I even opened my mouth. Your files don’t even begin to do you justice. I was right to come to you. You’re the only one who can help me. People think it’s the S class folks who have the power. But they’re wrong. Insight is the only power that really matters. And you have that in spades.”

Anneliese briefly narrowed her eyes, in an assessing, but friendly way. She retracted her hand, placing it back folded on her lap, in a way that said ‘continue’.

Joey nodded curtly and leaned forward, elbows on knees and chin in hands. He smiled again, but the pretense, the sense of a practiced expert plying his trade, was gone.

“Trust will take time, of course, for both of us. But I think you will come to trust me. I don’t think you’ll be able to help yourself. As for me, I don’t trust people so much as I trust my instincts about them. I think we’ll get on quite well. You feel me?”

Anneliese looked him in the eye and smiled. “I have grown to trust a lot of people in my life. I suspect you may turn out to have a lot in common with them. Now, is there something more you want to tell me? Tell me about Joey Belladni. How is he?”

“He’s quite well, thanks for asking! Joey’s a good guy. Likable. Decent. Volunteers in soup kitchens and what have you. Tries to do his bit to make sure the world doesn’t end. Sometimes he feels a bit lost in it all, but he’s definitely part of the grand design. A little part, to be sure, but there are those who need him. What more can any of us hope for, right?”

“That’s a very uplifting view.” Anneliese let out a breath. “Is there more than that that you find yourself hoping for? Than having a little part, that is.”

He wagged his finger at her, grinning wickedly. “Anne! You mustn’t ever try to rush such things! My destiny will unfold itself all in good time. As will yours. Let us not get ahead of ourselves.”

She spread her hands, palm out, in a gesture of innocence. “No rush, not in the slightest. A simple question is all.” She readjusted herself. “So. Do go on.”

He raised an eyebrow, unconvinced that anything in their conversation so far was simple in any sense of the word, then shrugged. He rolled his neck languorously around, first clockwise then counterclockwise. He took a deep breath.

“Ho-kay. So for lack of a better place to start, let’s examine what the QCIC does, hm? They fade into the background, hiding in plain sight. They keep eyes and ears out for potential trouble. And if anyone asks what they’re about, they are just the most boring thing imaginable. ‘Quality Control & Interdepartmental Cooperation.’ An acronym calculated to glaze over the eyes of even the most seasoned policy wonk that Commonwealth has ever produced. And as for AEGIS… well. Can’t let the watchmen know they’re being watched can you? Then you get infinite regress, or worse, tail chasing. That about sum it up?”

“More or less.” Anneliese replied, almost as if under her breath.

“Right. So here’s the thing I can’t get out of my head: watching all the time leads to paranoia about being watched. That is inevitable and utterly unsurprising. You’d need your head examined if you were part of a secret that deep and didn’t feel like you were on the other end of the microscope sometimes. I know that thought has to have occurred to you; nobody with your abilities could avoid that feeling. But Anne... what if that is the ultimate bit of spycraft? What if the true purpose of the Q is to gather together all the people who might notice they’re being watched and muddle them up with a constant low grade sense of paranoia with an obvious source that they can easily rationalize away? How brilliant a misdirect is that?!”

Anneliese blinked herself out of a fugue of consideration. “I should say… it would be very foresighted. Do you know who may be behind all this?”

Sam.png
Name: Samantha 'Sam' Casan Rank: B
Attire: Black tank top, torn jean shorts, barefoot Location: Boat Area
Tagged: welian welian (Morgan), Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Kendrick), Gus Gus (Manami)
After spending what felt like months staring at Morgan for a good reaction, Sam found herself immensely disappointed in his vacant expression. Maybe he never saw the movie?

Sighing, she turned away from him and instead looked across the water obstacle course to witness the facility's typical kind of chaos unfolding. Not a moment too soon, she witnessed something she never could've imagined: Kendrick on Manami's back while she swiftly swam through the water. Sam blinked not once, but twice and still couldn't believe her eyes. As far as Sam was concerned, Kendrick couldn't swim, which surprised her that much more considering where he was now. He'd probably be frazzled for the rest of the day from that ordeal alone.

Squinting to try and see what they were up to now that they were on the obstacle course, Sam then heard Kendrick's distant voice on a megaphone. Alas, she was just far enough away that all she heard was some weird static voice. She couldn't quite make out what was being said and quickly grew bored of just standing around with the vegetable Morgan.

Putting one foot behind her, Sam leaned back and then lurched forward as she vanished from normal sight. If anyone tried to track her movements, the best they could see would be a dark blue blur and the splashing water where her feet touched it. Leaving a trail of ripple in the lake, Sam soon halted just on top of Kendrick's water inflatable, making sure she didn't skid off of it and into the water beyond. Knowing her movements would shake the inflatable and give her away very quickly, Sam awkwardly bounced over to Kendrick's side, keen to try and surprise him once he stopped his shouting. She grinned in delight as she imagined the different humorous ways that Kendrick could react to her presence.

Susan Sanders
"Undine"
Conversing With: Logan Warrain ( The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel )
"I disagree," Susan said with a smile. She was standing in front of her classroom and the water disc was waiting by her side patiently, faithfully holding her effects aloft. Before it had appeared to be nothing more than clear liquid that had taken on a peculiar shape. Now, though, he could see beneath the surface of the water that it was swirling with turbulence as its master stood there lost in her thoughts. She had fallen quiet but her powers manifested in such a way it was clear she was not staring vacantly regardless of what her body language might imply. More than once she had been told this was a disturbing ability of hers; to look so calm and lost, as if she was merely day-dreaming, when it was clear that she was not nearly as foolish as she looked.

"About pots I mean," she clarified. The water disc set her items on the floor before it rose, taking an eerily humanoid shape, grasping the doorknob, and turning it. Obviously Susan was in control of the unconscious construct but it did not look like her in the slightest even when it stood like a human. Gender was impossible to discern with such a crude figure but it looked more masculine than feminine. The shoulders were broad, the height taller than her, its sides lacking any curves, and its jaw vaguely square.

Generally people treated all supers with distrust, but as an S-Rank super Susan had become accustomed to an increased level of discomfort. There was a chance people would treat her normally if she could avoid controlling water. She should have been thankful it was easy to hide her status since there were many others that didn't have that chance. Some had animalistic eyes, different skin colors, odd mutations, fur, wings, or other obvious signs that they were not the normal, average human being. Susan also didn't have a power that visibly affected her environment. Bending water to her whims took some self-control, certainly, but it didn't freeze over when she passed it or curl towards her at her approach. For all intents and purposes her power was generally invisible. She could hide.

But it felt dishonest to hide what she could do. Regardless of why she had the power she did- intelligent design, will of the universe, blind luck, a curse, a miracle from on high- concealing it felt too close too shame. Not taking advantage of it felt like being an able-bodied man who confined himself to a wheelchair by choice. At the same time she recognized the more blatant and profound the display of her power, the more odd and foreign it was, the more she risked alienating her company. Having water look and move like a human being was disturbing to most. Hell, a few had panicked and been unable to reconcile it was under her control and no more alive than a piece of furniture in the hands of a telekinetic.

"I'm no expert on the government, mind you, but I rather suspect it's not quite so full of pots as you might think. And teaching... more than anything it's about reaching someone. A kettle might reach some students, but for others they need a pot." Susan's voice was once again coy as if she knew more than she was saying, but purposefully withholding whatever knowledge or wisdom she had about the Commonwealth. In truth she was teasing Logan a bit, dipping her toes in dangerous waters, but it was all in good fun. She did not expect he would pry and there was no harm in an easily dismissed comment such as what she made.

"But enough of that. Since you're only in your thirties, retirement is quite a ways off. Being a courier won't bring you here often so you'll need to hatch a little plan if you mean to linger here longer. Quite curious that today of all days is the day you are sent, isn't it?" The water servant splashed down onto the ground, coiling around her containers and slipping underneath before reforming and rising into the air once more. The door to her room was now open and so it was carting the classroom equipment inside absent her supervision.

"Maybe they thought to send a pot here because today students might graduate and get their blue cards, proving themselves to be worthy of upholding justice, and not everyone will celebrate that success. Some might seek to ruin it, even. If the Commonwealth thought anyone had a mind to interrupt such an important event, and prevent prospective blue cards from getting appointed, I would think they would send a pot for security. Don't you?" Despite this cunning theory Susan still had a simple smile and gaze. Nothing about her appearance made her look like such a shrewd judge of character or the outside world. More importantly it also revealed why she was here on such an auspicious day rather than the first day of instructing class. No one needed nor expected her to set up her room during the final.

"Maybe they could be convinced that a veteran of the government such as yourself might make the next class safe too. Just a theory," she said with a wink and a shrug. "Then again, I have a feeling that we'll have plenty of attention here in the next few weeks. Did you know we have a rather perfect example of what a blue card user should be? Someone who has a power that can only protect, nothing aggressive that could be misconstrued, someone who genuinely upholds all their ideals without trying to even get recognition? I wonder how long it will take them to notice. And once the news outlets do, there might be more of a spotlight here. I do hope security is equipped!" None of this had been on any briefing or memo. AEGIS was no more privy to the wiles of Susan Sanders than the Commonwealth was, but she was definitely up to something- and he didn't imagine there was anyone more perfect than Logan to let in on her plot. After all, it was not as if he had any objections he could necessarily stop the events she had set into motion already.

julianaheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-db15uay.png

2015_07_23_754024editsmallend_by_necessity4fun-db15unh.png

People Around: A girl wearing glasses I bumped into (Mitch)
Exam Team: Celestial Body

Interactions:
yoikes yoikes

-OOC Notes:
'Inumerous' -> It's a purposeful wrong spelling of numerous, based on the Portuguese word 'Inúmero', which means the same thing. I often make this confusion myself.
The wrong use of literally is also done on purpose.-

The T-shirt was ruined, but at least I got to save the cellphone AND the bag... Huh... I should feel victorious, but I don't actually.

Passed the danger of being without her cellphone, Juliana was reminded in a flash about the dive, and having sat, started to promptly inspect her clothing for any pieces of grass that could have stuck to it. What started at a cautious pace was soon a task done under frantic concern and escalating anxiety, until a second voice spoke a keyword that pulled it all to a halt.
The teen blinked, then stared at the girl before her in complete silence... Purse? Her purse... Puuurse... OH! HER SANGRIA HOBO HANDBAG!! How could she have forgotten that?! Her entire life is literally inside that thing!!

"Oh! Uhh sorry about that, buuuut more important, did you catch it?! Because there are inumerous delicate make-up cases and a bottle of perfume inside there, and oh! I'd hate for anything to break! These things are supposed to last at least 6 months, ya know? Money doesn't grow on trees and neither does Illamasqua blushes, sadly~! I bet people would care more a lot more about trees if they did..."

Deciding she had had enough of the floor, the Brazilian sprung up at once, again, assessing the damage that had been done to her clothes. The Eiffel tower print in relief, relayed a completely different idea now, having part of the Mustard-colored rubber? (It did felt rubbery on touch) scrapped out of the shirt. Honestly, it looked like some nutjob rock band was responsible for the 'new' design. It didn't actually look bad, but It didn't look great either. One thing was certain though, it would never feel the same ever again.
Juliana looked down sad and let out a low 'Awww', in sympathy for her T-shirt. Her poor, poor T-shirt that couldn't even survive the season. What a shame......... Aaaaand then she was done with that. It's not like it would be missed or anything. Yes, it was a nice piece of clothing, but eh the teen had T-shirts to spare, it's not like it was the end of the world...this time.

Next thing on her 'to-do list' was finding her purse, which location had once again vanished from her memory. Jú glanced at the floor, for some reason expecting to see the object by her feet. But it wasn't there. Panic surfaced again, as the girl searched in a full 360º around her, only to not see the purse, then tap her shoulder even though she was aware it wasn't there, and repeat the whole process once again. Only then, the Brazilian finally laid her gaze upon the person she had bumped into. A sight that made her exclaim in delight:

"You did catch it!", in what came out as more of a high pitched squeal than actual speech, "I knew I could count on you! ... Stranger! You just saved the world!!! I mean, my world but heh, you should still be proud of yourself~~"

T/N: I'M SORRY

Mitch Castle
mood: Irritated
team: Celestial Body
tag: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

"Too bad i can't save my glasses." Mitch said, trying to be sarcastic as she shows the best not-so-forced smile she could show. She sighed, glad that the lenses look fine but the frame a bit bent. She could get it fixed later, but it will be uncomfortable to wear for the rest of the day. Maybe she could as Tomoko to fix it for her? Somehow, somewhat?

"Maybe next time you could watch where you going a little bit better? Next time, someone probably won't be there to--" She stopped her self. I think i'm going too far. It's not like her glasses are the only victim from what happened.

"Well, just... Try to be more careful next time, okay? I need to go find my team." Mitch looked around, trying to find a volunteer who might be able to help her. Then she thought that the girl in front of her might know something too. "Hey, are you also a participant? Maybe you know something about team Celestial Body?"

People Around: Marcelo 2.0? but with glasses (Mitch) -> Making questions to the man that was running around (Aaron)
Exam Team: Celestial Body

Interactions: yoikes yoikes and Gus Gus

-OOC Notes:
'Super Hyper Mega...' -> I recall this from a TV commercial of a Brazilian toilet paper brand. Not sure if that's a thing anywhere else, but for quite a while people would say that instead of saying 'really' or 'very' a bunch of times.
((I've always wanted to use that somewhere ^^' OH! Also, I have permission to drag Mitch, so don't worry!!))

Bye-bye little birdy! I hope you found somewhere nice to be!
"Ohhhhhhh, glaaaassees~ Welp, now that's a real pity."

Bringing her left hand to her face with an expression of surprise, Jú had let out... something. It was uncertain whether that had been actual concern, poking fun at the other's concerns or just an act. The tone of her voice wasn't malicious by itself, but the typical 'O' mouth and hand position looked like something rehearsed right out from a soppy teen comedy movie.

"Fine, fine. Whatever you say...", the Brazilian rolled her eyes, clearly bored, before returning her gaze to her new acquaintance, "Look, I'll try okay? But it's not like I can see while I text or anything, and it was reeeeeeeeeally important!! Can't make any promises...", she finalized by waving her hand, dismissing the conversation all together.

While the other turned to look around, Juliana locked an intense stare towards her with a bit of a pout. Different from the people she had met so far, the teen could already tell she wouldn't like this girl in glasses. So far she had been waaay to uptight and boring to her liking. It was almost as a Marcelo 2.0 had followed her to class! Argh, laaame!
Upon the next question, Juliana did her best to behave and not give out her true thoughts. It was too soon to tell! She needed more time, just to be sure:

"Weeeell, someone did say I was and they seemed pretty serious about that... So, I guess I am? Don't know anything about teams and the like tho. I just got told 'bout it, like, right now before running into ya!"

The girl shrugged, ready to let the subject go and perhaps talk about something else. But then she caught something in the background, a grin appeared on her lips:

"...Buuuuuut maybe that big guy knows something?!", she pointed at a thing behind the other's head, it was the form of a rather difficult to miss man, "He has been there calling for a swan for quite a while now. I don't think it is gonna respond... or come back. ...That poor dude..."

Before there could be a response, Juliana decided to simply grab the [boring girl in glasses]' hand and pull her along, shouting a cheerful 'Let's go!', dashing all the way to the strange man who had lost his swan.

"Heeeey, helloooo!", she had started waving, slightly before reaching the destination, "We were wondering if you know anything about the teams? Because my friend here only knows the team name and I am Super Hyper Ultra Mega Blaster Plus!... lost. I'm not even sure what my team is! Or if it even exists!!"

Then she finally released the other girl's hands, about to give this stranger a sympathetic pat on the shoulder:

"...Sorry about the bird, mister."

Last edited:
Jeremiah Johnson
Mood: "Well Now I'm Embarrassed."
Lioness075 Lioness075 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun @Natealie​
As Jeremiah had started talking Juliana was in such an excited frenzy that she was talking over his own words. Jeremiah chuckled slightly, waiting for her to catch that he had said more. Thankfully with how quickly she talked that point came in a matter of just a few milliseconds, and Juliana loudly yelled out, "WHAT?!" As she stopped and seemed to digest this information she seemed to erupt in laughter, slightly surprising Jeremiah and he took a step back, I didn't realize I was that funny. Perhaps I should take that up as a hobby. "Jeremiah the Comedian!" ...I feel like that in itself is a joke. Jeremiah focused back in on what Juliana was saying as she stopped, realizing that he had not been kidding, "Yeah, a bit of a surprise for me today as well. Clearly I'm not dressed that great for it. Could be worse though."

Jeremiah pretended not to have heard the last comment she made, though his face did betray this with how bright red he blushed. Juliana's emphasis while talking about makeup did make Jeremiah wonder what he would actually look like. Though it was definitely difficult to imagine with his complete lack of inexperience, so he merely just smiled and nodded in response. Unsure of how to continue the conversation any further, and feeling slightly out of his element, Jeremiah was thankful for the hand that grabbed his wrist and began leading him away. Jeremiah gave his best attempt at a wave as he was transported away, slightly unsure what Juliana was yelling at him as he was dragged away.

Lara stopped right in front of a beautiful brown haired girl, or more accurately the girl stopped them by moving in front of the two. Jeremiah, thankful that his wrist was let go as it was starting to cramp up, stretched out his arms. He smiled and looked at the new girl he hadn't met yet. She was just like Lara in that she was far taller than he was. Though at this point it wasn't that surprising to meet someone taller than Jeremiah. Jeremiah stood up on his tiptoes, attempting anything to minimize the height that both girls had over him, "Hello Miss! I don't believe we have met, Jeremiah Johnson! Please call me JJ though," He looked over at Lara, assuming at this point that she was the team leader, "So, where are we headed off to?"

Last edited:
Aaron Mallory
miniAaron.png
Mood: Grumpy...god help the Brahn boys if he finds them still at docks!
Nearby: Juliana, Mitch, JJ, Nix, Lara, Cecilia and goodness knows who else.
@s welian welian Zahzi Zahzi Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun yoikes yoikes Malikai Malikai Natealie Natealie Lioness075 Lioness075

Aaron sighed with relief so hard when Tabitha shrunk out of sight that he visibly deflated. It was not as impressive a change in size as she could manage, but it was still startling. His chin dropped to his chest, and his hand slid down his face, simultaneously massaging his temples and cheekbones, while giving his eyes a break from the strong springtime sunshine. He seemed to be squashing himself into the ground, as if to disappear entirely from this day. Theoretically it was virtually impossible to tire him out, but he felt bone weary. It had been a busy morning. Afternoon. Both.

Just then Juliana's hand fell on his shoulder, attempting to console him... about the bird?

Uncovering his face, he thought for a moment, processing what she had just said, as well as what she had been previously saying that had only halfway registered. He heaved another sigh, muttering 'mother mary!' under his breath before turning to deal with the young verbal hurricane. Explaining the difference between Director Swan and actual ornithological concerns seemed like something he could, and should, let slide. As for the ongoing confusion about scheduling, 45 minutes into the exam, he could only wonder what had happened to all the eager volunteers with their yellow shirts... still, somebody had to point her toward the launcher. Might as well be him.

Hello, Juliana. Mitch. I think you'll find you are both on team 'Celestial body,' along with our erstwhile giant, Tabitha. She has already found her way out to the first float, as you must have noticed, and is waiting for you both. You also have a student from 109, a Mr. Nelson, I believe? He was in line for the aqua launcher the last I saw, which is where you two should be, long since. Right over that way. Have fun!”

He turned away, scanning the crowd for further malingerers. Spotting some, he slowly plodded away, calling out “JJ! Nix, Lara, Cecilia! Get your procrastinating posteriors down to the aqua launcher already! That or the boats! NOW, CAPICHE?! Octavia is waiting for you all!”

Avoyelles Aubin-Mignault
AEGIS 108 Second floor
Facility 108 ended up being a bit harder to find than she'd expected. Turns out that Baltimore didn't have quite the hospitality she'd initially thought and that people didn't seem to want to help a stranger asking for directions. She'd even taken the time to get cleaned up before heading off on her little adventure. Fully showered and scrubbed at some public rest stop, new clothes she'd poached off the rack and body free of any and all monstrous protrusions. That last one being the most problematic as of late. Heat had been on the Crawdad, manhunts on the lookout for some sort of sewer dwelling monster so she hadn't been able to fully cycle and her transformation was coming on rapidly the last few days.

Shouldn't matter much, she was hopefully just going to be a few hours at this 108 place where her sister worked. Evangeline had only mentioned her work in passing but Avoyelles knew she'd appreciate her dropping in, who didn't enjoy surprise guests? Just in case though, Avoyelles had been clever enough to pack some food for her sister. It may have been cooked over an open fire pit but the heavily spiced taste of home would put a smile on her pollywog sisters face. The image of a frog snapping at flies came to mind and made Avoyelles smile as she hiked her pack up on her shoulder and approached the facility.

Seemed like there was some sort of bruhaha going on outside the facility but Avoyelles ignored that. In her experience, if a crowd was gathering in a city like this, best to keep moving. Especially being unregistered and even more especially because she had to get her food inside. Hurrying past the people, Avoyelles made way with her bag towards the building and soon found her first obstacle. A largish sign outside the building.

It could have been saying anything, it could have said DANGER! NUCLEAR POWER! KEEP OUT! and Avoyelles would have had no idea, it just looked like symbols and scratches. But Avoyelles came prepared for this. Reaching into her pocket, she withdraws the crumpled note her sister had left her with some basic information on it. 108 had to match at least something on this note and match it did. Big bold symbols were on both the paper and the sign. This was the place alright. The note is stuffed back into her pocket and Avoyelles marched on to the door.

The locked door.

Swearing to herself, Avoyelles looked to the crowd and then looked inside. Desk was empty but lights were on, security and the staff must have been with that group of people. The plan had been to just blabber at security or simply slip past them but with them absent and the door locked, backup plan had to go into effect. Setting her bag down she withdrew a prybar and efficiently started jimmying the lock. There is an audible click as she popped the bolt and the door swung open. Pleased with herself, she hurried inside.

First thing Avoyelles noticed was the smell. Or lack of one? Or scent? Either way it smelled funny to her. Like acids and cleaners with a sharp citrus scent. Vaguely wondering how Evangeline could put up with it, Avoyelles started past the offices and restrooms and up the stairs onto the second floor, searching for her sister or at the least her sisters office. Coming to the top of the stairwell, she stopped and listened. Voices carried down the hallway, man and a woman. Just seemingly chit chatting. Avoyelles poked her head around the corner. There was another wall and what looked like entrances to more bathrooms. Vaguely recalling something about those that waited around ended up being lost, she made her move quickly. Rounding the corner she ran straight into the mens bathroom to wait the pair out so she could continue on her way.

Syrenrei Syrenrei The Fuzzy Pixel The Fuzzy Pixel

Miia M. Makela
Miia.jpg
Mood: miserable, and looking for someone to blame
Nearby: Kendrick, Sam, Chris, Albert, Isabelle, Gavin, and Manami (AKA Bossy-boy, Blue-fuzz, Asian-kid, Green-giant, Pussy-face, and Fish-girl)
@s Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075 B Bag o Fruit ManicMuse ManicMuse

Miia's day had started out beautifully. She was rocking the test, and looking great doing it. And then she'd slipped. For somewhere between the last few minutes and forever, she'd been trying to get back up on top of the jostler posts, and was now battered, bruised and disheveled. She'd been home free, ready to dive in and swim to the next obstacle while her power recharged. Then the freak wave had hit, and she had zigged when she should have zagged, falling backward into the chaotic churning vinyl and canvas forest she had so deftly avoided minutes before. Once there, she'd found it all but impossible to escape. The random impacts, re-randomized by her nearly spent, but still intermittently active power, kept her bouncing around like a beach ball at a heavy metal concert; each impact seemingly more violent than the last. Just as she was beginning to think she was going to die in there, forgotten, forlorn and alone, she heard her name called, and her heart leaped.

Then she listened to the rest of what the amplified voice had to say.

It was the little richey rich boy. Had to be. Oh how his voice oozed condescension! She had half a mind to let herself die in here just to spite him. He'd never live that down in a million, billion years. Yelling at the poor dead girl like that... some hero!

Pouting furiously, she shouted back up at him. "Shut up, you insufferable butt-monkey! I am stuck down here, battered half to death while waiting for you all to notice I was in trouble and come get me! Now shove that stupid microphone up your left nostril, and somebody, please, act like a gentleman and a hero already?"

There is a moment of quiet, and then a green vine slithered down one of the posts and around her waist, lifting her up above the canopy that has grown across the entire obstacle now. A large green skinned boy scratches behind his ear and casts his gaze about awkwardly. Miia glares daggers at the boy with the megaphone and flounces into a cross-legged lump facing away from the lot of them.

"Hmph!"

"Albert-san! Can I get a lift up too please?"

Logan Warrain
Location: Facility 108 Main Building, Second Floor, Political Powers Classroom
Syrenrei Syrenrei | Susan Sanders
Teh Frixz Teh Frixz | Avoyelles Aubin-Mignault​

Their chat earlier about positive thinking came to mind as Susan offered a new perspective once again. It was a simple objection at first, but she carried on with a steady and organized explanation. Again he found her words carrying wisdom that could have only come with experience. He conceded a thoughtful nod in agreement regarding the true art of teaching, and in that moment he considered that maybe there were students here that he could resonate with. As oddly pleasing as that idea was the account was ended with another Susan-esque tone that hinted at something more than her comment’s face value.

It was at that point he caught himself staring at the super’s water construct as his eyes immediately flitted back to the woman. It had been a mild curiosity at first, eyeing the aquatic shape once he had noticed the churning flow within it. With his time spent as a rescue diver in the navy he didn’t need to be told why the spectacle was peculiar. Memories of rough waves, cold water, and jumping into the murky unknown resurfaced at the back of his mind, but he kept them at arm’s reach. Being able to physically see the current within the disc as well as understanding the potential pull of such forces made it clear to him that Susan’s ranking was well deserved.

The disc hadn’t collapsed upon itself or sprayed out a wet mess in every direction either, even while its owner had been talking. Quite the contrary actually, it had even taken upon a human silhouette that Logan couldn’t look at with anything but a deliberately studious gaze. Like many before him he wondered ‘why that shape,’ but for his own reasons.

It had been a purposeful choice on Susan’s part he was sure, but with her level of control it wasn’t needed. He believed she could have easily manipulated the doorknob with an amorphous blob so he had found the extra aesthetic detail to be very curious. Peering through the depths was not something so simple with this woman, though. Not for the first time during their interaction thus far he found Susan’s particular affinity with water to be very fitting.

With his eyes trained back on the wily woman now his expression eased back into a relaxed smile. She liked to use cryptic words and teasing tones. If she had any idea of what his relationship with the Commonwealth had been like in the past however, he imagined this conversation would have gone very differently from the start.

“You’re probably right, there,” spoke the man calmly. His easygoing smile betrayed his thoughts, but he saw no harm in letting her know that they saw eye-to-eye on this as the circumstances were out of his hands. Even if they were he wasn’t sure if there would be an appropriate subject for him to teach on. However, his smile would slowly fade as Susan deftly started another train of thought.

Logan did have a plan. Several in fact, to act as alibis for his future sporadic appearances at the school. He eyed her in respectful consideration as she laid out her theory. He left her initial question unanswered, considering it rhetorical in nature. It wasn’t until after she finished her thought that he spoke.

“Just a theory?” echoed the man softly with a warm half smile pulling on his lips. He clearly doubted that admission. Susan had obviously put considerable thought into said theory. Enough to warrant Logan betting that the S-ranked super was prepared to take matters into her own hands should any trouble rear its ugly head today. Then, it dawned on him. Her playful accusation about showing up today of all days. Director Swan would no doubt have his hands full with the festivities, but he was an important man. It wouldn’t be that odd for someone to show up and seek a meeting with him.

However… A new S-ranked teacher coming in to set up her things far ahead of any expected deadline, harboring a theory about potential dangers today?

He would have to watch his step around Susan Sanders.

She then baited him into another theory, although she already had his full attention at that point. Susan sounded just as sure of herself as she was with her prior speculation. The school drawing attention to itself was something he’d prefer to avoid. That would unfortunately be impossible at this point, he realized. The way the super spoke of this, it made him reminiscent of his own old cat and mouse games with the Commonwealth. Only this time, it was his foot within the open snare, and somebody else was just waiting to spring the trap, almost daring him to try and escape.

“Clever theories,” he finally admitted as his polite smile returned. “I assure you though, that being a courier for the Commonwealth gives me all the reasons I require to be exactly where I need to be, when I need to be there.” No explanation was given, but he felt that he didn’t need one. AEGIS was still affiliated with the Commonwealth albeit they weren’t joined at the hip, and any sudden appearances in the city could be brushed off as mere coincidences. He looked towards the open classroom now and took several steps inside, absentmindedly running the fingertips of his free hand atop a desk as his voice took upon a softer tone.

“I meant what I said earlier, about bad things happening for no reason. That isn’t to say that good things can’t appear in that same manner. Although, it isn’t in my job description to be on the front lines, a hero in whatever spotlight that Facility 108 might garner. AEGIS has their own, very capable,” at that point he glanced back towards Susan with a knowing but respectful gaze before continuing. “staff to handle such incidents. So I’ll stand on the sidelines and cheer for the home team.” Again he took more steps into the room until this time he stood before the large window of the classroom so he could casually oversee the outdoors. Again his voice lowered, so this time Susan would have to enter the classroom if she hadn’t already to hear him clearly.

“All I do is pick-up and delivery, Miss Sanders. Packages. Information. People. Force. A lot of things need to be moved, and quite frequently these days I’m afraid. I try to be curt, but surprises do happen as I’m sure you can understand.” Facing towards the doorway once more Logan regarded Susan with a keen stare, taking in her body language while trying to be mindful of her water construct in his peripheral. If he was reading the situation correctly, Susan Sanders could very well be the creator of many surprises later down the road. So long as their agendas didn't conflict he wouldn't be so quick to try and stop her, though.

“If something I could use to keep on schedule came to light, I would be most appreciative. Reciprocative, even. Please do keep that in mind for the future.”

Raising his voice to a normal level of noise the man then glanced back over his shoulder for a second.

“Your classroom has a lovely view, by the way. Uncluttered by the city, though not barren of civilization, or the bay itself. If I had an office, I would want something of the sort myself. I’m sure you’ll be feeling cozy here in no time, Miss Sanders.”

Kendrick Haywood

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Above the Exam's First Obstacle: Crash Course
People Around: A lot of other students that were in the water course already + all the members of Snowglobe ((finally))

Interactions: Gus Gus (Miia), Lioness075 Lioness075 (Sam),
ManicMuse ManicMuse (Gavin)

I can't wait for this day to end...
Tall and proud, Kendrick stood on top of the vines, feeling the rush of a newfound power surge. As the megaphone rested along with the wind and silence once more returned to the course, he grinned, truly believing he had taken the best route. Worse, certain that not even it had been the ultimate choice, but also the only one with the desired result.

He looked back towards the bay, catching sight of facility 108 and all of the passersby around the shore. From here, in this advantage point, everything seemed so small, so far away... The people, the buildings, his problems......... Even his limitations.
For a moment, it's a if the scenery blurs away into an intoxicating sensation of freedom. All it takes are the right words. Just the right words and he could make just anything happen! The young Haywood felt powerful, unstoppable and the grin that had been born from innocent pride, suddenly had been twisted into something more mischievous. Perhaps even slightly darker...

A new voice rang in the background, instantly breaking the enchantment. Dragged back to reality he gasped in surprise, at first, uncertain over what that angry female's voice was complaining about. The boy lowers his gaze trying to remember exact what he had been doing earlier... And then it hit him:

"Ahh... I did it again, didn't I?", Kendrick thought to himself in disappointment, "Why did I think this was a good idea? It has literally never worked around 108 before, in fact, it just keeps making things harder! Argh!!"

He took a glance around, just in time to see the 107 student getting up to the vine structure. Ashamed, he quickly pulls his gaze back... What to do? What to do? How would literally anyone else deal with this situation? What is he supposed to do now?.... What would Manami do?

"Manami would never be in this situation.", he scoffed at himself, "More importantly is what she'll think of me now. Once again, I'm three steps back, breaking something I had apparently just fixed........ Heh, maybe... I'm the one beyond saving. It would certainly explain a lot."

Wanting to run from everything, but at the same time unable to, the boy takes a deep breath. He started something, might as well finish it since they still had an exam to attend to. Did any of the damage he had made thus far even matter at this point? Kendrick didn't think so, actually, he felt that this was entirely pointless.
In nothing more than a whim, the teenager stepped a little closer to the pouting Miia, and without thinking, said the first thing that came to mind:

"You know that this is still your fault. right?", he accused coldly, "I wouldn't have pulled such a trick if I hadn't gotten word that you left everyone behind and you wouldn't have gotten stuck down there as well had you not acted as you pleased. The consequences are yours to deal with."

The boy uttered the harsh phrases one after the other, words that some of his colleagues would probably judge common practice for him, but this time they didn't come from pride or ego, it was resignation and defeat. After falling back three times in the same day, he had given up, cast aside his emotions and fully stood inside the role he was supposed to be playing. Whatever damage he would cause now, he didn't care.

Kendrick sighed and deeming that issue dealt with turned the opposite way where he finally caught sight of Sam. Had this been a normal occasion, the girl would probably have gotten the surprised reaction she desired, but with his emotions locked at five keys as they were currently, he didn't even flinch:

"Ahh, how long have you been there? I mean, it's not like it matters or anything...", he said in a monotone, unimpressed and unamused, "Well, you're late. I messed up things by myself already."

He shrugged unenthusiastically and, without as much as giving a warning, stepped beyond her as if it had been just another person there standing. After a couple steps, he stopped to call the attention of the volunteer by the edge of the starter float. Kendrick made a motion for the boy to come closer and sat down on the vines to wait.

Last edited:
Miia and Manami
Miia.jpg stingray.png
Mood: Sympathetic
Nearby: Green Gators, Snow-globe, and Gavin
Mood: Miserable
Nearby: Who cares? Everyone hates me! *sob*
@s Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Lioness075 Lioness075 B Bag o Fruit ManicMuse ManicMuse

The bossy-boy's words crashed down on her like a ton of bricks when a single straw would have done the trick. She looked upward as hard as she could, blinking fiercely, hoping that it would stem the flood, even as she knew it was far, far too late for such measures. Her lip trembled. Biting it, rather than making it stop just spread the quiver to her chin, and then it was all over. She turned to face the others just as the last of her composure crumbled away. The indifferent regard of the students from 108 wasn't even the worst part; it was the awkward way Albert was avoiding looking at her that truly broke her. Tears literally sprang from her eyes, flung away violently in unpredictable directions, an emotional sea squall in miniature. As the rest of her face collapsed into a mask of abject misery, she wailed:

"Oh god, I'm SORRY! I don't know why I am like this, I really don't! I was just trying to show off a little. I was nervous and needed to blow off steam and I just wanted to have a little fun. This is the worst day ever! Oh Albert! You should have just left me down there to diiiiiiiie!"

If she has anything more to say the worlds are lost in jumbled eruption of moans, tears, snot and sobbing.

Manami, lifted back up to the vines with everyone else by Albert, finds herself rather more bewildered than usual. Butterfly girl is spraying mucus like a sea cucumber, which she had read in one of her Usborne books is meant to confuse predators. Until now she had never understood that strategy. At last, it was clear to her: that was a super confusing thing to do. Nobody seemed to know what to do about it.

Manami's nictitating membranes flicked closed. She knew what she had to do.

Rushing forward to the girl, dodging the zigzagging streamers as best she could, she threw her arms around her shoulders and drew her close, gently turning her head away and cradling it on her shoulder, directing the worst of the wailing, sobbing and rivulets of grief effluvia off the edge of the float. Softly she squeezed her teammate. "It is ok. It is all right. Nobody is mad for what you did. We are a team. Teams forgive mistakes. Teams help. Each other. You are ok. Shh sh sh. There. You are ok Miia Makela."

Mitch Castle
mood:
Concerned
team: Celestial Body
tag(s): Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Gus Gus

"...Buuuuuut maybe that big guy knows something?!"
Mitch instinctively turned her head to see the 'big guy', only to see see one of her teacher, Aaron. Before she could tell the girl who the 'big guy' is, Mitch was caught and taken along to see Aaron. To Aaron

"Hey, wait, let me g-!"
"Heeeey, helloooo!"

To Aaron, Mitch probably has a defeated - annoyed look on her face right now. The girl released her hand, to console Aaron about the bird (He said Swan, so Mitch was pretty sure it was supposed to be about the Director. For some reason, he didn't try to correct her).

“Hello, Juliana. Mitch. I think you'll find you are both on team 'Celestial body,' along with our erstwhile giant, Tabitha. She has already found her way out to the first float, as you must have noticed, and is waiting for you both. You also have a student from 109, a Mr. Nelson, I believe? He was in line for the aqua launcher the last I saw, which is where you two should be, long since. Right over that way. Have fun!”

you are both
you are both
both

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

She's in the same team as this girl???

But at least Tabitha is in the same team.

A friend! Someone she knew!

"Thank you, Mr Aaron." Mitch thanked the teacher, though she doubt he could hear it as he started shouting again, then glanced at the girl. "Guess we're stuck together for a while, teammate"

People Around: Boring glasses girl (Mitch) and The man who lost a swan (Aaron)
Exam Team: Celestial Body + Team Six = Celestial Six?

Interactions: yoikes yoikes and Gus Gus
Additional Team Tags: Teh Frixz Teh Frixz (Tabitha)

*Indignant teen rambling*
Right after the unusually solid shoulder tap she had given the man, a new rumble of her phone called Juliana's attention instantly, dragging her into the wonderful world of Twitter. Despite having made the question herself, the girl only half-listened to the answer, already swiping down on the screen and replying with an "uh-huh" every end of a phrase to provide some 'feedback'. Whatever was being said had been no match to the enticing internet memes, Horoscope messages, StarShine fanart, adorable pet videos and whatever else was in her dash.

"...that way. Have fun!”

"Uh-huh, you too.", the Brazilian nodded, and then glanced back at the webpage where a video had already automatically started.

Truth be told, she had seen this very same person do the very same thing so many times that it had stopped being funny, buuuuut it was still enticing enough to grab her attention. Jú couldn't look away from it, even letting the thing loop once:

"Guess we're stuck together for a while, teammate."

"Oh yeah? That's nice.", the automatic response slipped too fast for the teen's brain to catch up with had just been said.

After an extra second of silence and swiping, however, the Brazilian suddenly jerked her head back up, staring back at Mitch with her eyes widened in surprise:

"Did I hear this right?! Teammates? And with, with! With...her??", alternating her gaze between the man and glasses girl, a dozen of indignant 'Ah's and 'Uh's almost choked her on their way out, until she had finally had enough of this whole shtick:

"Is this for reals?!"

With a look of utter disbelieve towards both of them, she takes a step back:

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but she's such a drag!", Juliana whined, with a high pitch that would have made any dogs nearby cry in pain, "We've barely met and all she did was complain about this and complain that! Like, Uh~, 'watch where you going'!", she had repeated doing a very poorly and slightly mockingly impression of her 'teammate', "Or uh~, 'your purse hit my face'!! I mean... Fair point on that one, but still!!!!! I'm going to be snoring before right-y grandma-pants over there let's me do anything!"

"Trust me, if you let me stuck with her, all the time is gonna be: 'do this', 'do that', "now turn around and jump with one leg'... Oh ple-ase~ I don't need a baby-sitter, even less someone who is as stuck-up as my cousin is..."

Last edited:
Piper.jpg
Name: Piper Farrar Rank: E
Attire: White tank top with analog camera on the front, short jean shorts with some tears, white socks and black converse sneakers Location: Facility 108 Final Exam Area --> Dock-ish Area
Tagged: Gus Gus (Tony)
After her immensely disappointing interaction with Kendrick, Piper decided it was time to move on and maybe find someone more welcoming and friendly. Wandering through the throngs of students, parents, and volunteers, Piper eventually found herself at the edge of the lake. Glancing out towards the obstacle course, she could now see many more students finally taking part in the test. It seemed they were still missing plenty considering the many on land, but some was better than none.

Just as she was considering setting up her tripod in this nice little open space, Piper noticed a commotion closer to the docks. Readying her camera just in case, she made her way over just in time to see Manami carrying Kendrick across the lake. Dumbfounded, Piper stared at them with her mouth agape before realizing she was missing a perfect photography opportunity. Raising her camera, Piper began snapping away until the pair made it to the first obstacle. Such a bizarre thing to witness, but Piper had grown accustomed to such instances around Facility 108.

Sighing with contentment, Piper let her camera hang from her neck once more and moved onwards to the docks. The sturdy wood surface would serve as a great balancing point for her tripod.

Midway to her destination, Piper noticed someone wandering away from the dock and they looked to be rather wet. It looked like Manami had soaked someone other than just Kendrick. Poor guy.

Deciding to see if she could help at all, or maybe get a funny shot of the guy to add to the chaos of this event, Piper approached Tony and then gave him a small wave and big smile.

"Hey there! Are you okay? You seem to be rather, well, wet. Is there any way I could help? Oh, my name's Piper by the way! I tend to meet a lot of people, so if we've met before then I apologize for forgetting your name."

As it were, the best Piper could do to help was offer a small cloth she normally used to clean her camera lens with. Unbeknownst to her, that cloth could actually be quite helpful given the equipment Tony had, which was now wet and potentially damaged.

Last edited:
1516454513736.png
Name: Scarlet Calloway Rank: A
Attire: Small square black plastic glasses, grey sweater with an anime-style cat on front, cropped light blue jeans, grey Converse sneakers Location: Edge of the Lake
Tagged: Ixaix Ixaix (Hyou), Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (The Pellegrinis)
Scarlet soon successfully delivered Melody to the beginning of the obstacle course and waved her off. Shouting some encouragement, Scarlet soon left Melody once she had found her team. After all, Scarlet felt like Melody could be a bit dependent on others and she didn't want the student relying on a volunteer the entire time during this 'exam'. It was certainly the weirdest exam Scarlet had ever witnessed. Back in her day, it was rescuing a hostage or saving someone from danger that they had to pass to earn their blue card.

Sighing to herself, Scarlet glanced around for anyone else who may need some help. It would be a very boring day if she just stood around waiting for someone to say hello to her.

As she scanned around for someone to help, Scarlet's eyes stopped on someone near the lake. He seemed rather animated from where she was at and Scarlet had to wonder if something had happened to him. A couple was standing with him, but Scarlet couldn't tell from here if they could really help the man. Though, Scarlet wasn't even certain if something had happened to him. Either way, they were away from the crowd and noise, so Scarlet figured it was a good excuse to take a break from the chaos.

Leaving the crowd behind her, Scarlet soon was nearing the trio and waved her hand in a friendly greeting. Now that she was closer, she could see that it was the Pellegrinis keeping this man company. Cecilia's parents were always exceptionally friendly, so Scarlet felt much better knowing who she was joining. Alas, she had never seen this odd man before. He seemed to be rather wet, so Scarlet had to wonder if he'd fallen into the lake.

"Well, hello there, Mr. and Mrs. Pellegrini! I hope you two have been enjoying this event thus far."

Smiling at them, Scarlet then glanced at the mysterious man and hesitantly extended one of her hands towards him.

"I don't believe we've met before, sir. I'm Scarlet. I work here at Facility 108, as the librarian."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back