Episode 3: School of Hard Knocks

WOLF HIGGINS -- STRETCH

Mood: Amused --> Guilty

@'s: Nike @Suzuki Mine Danny @Captain Hesperus Cherie @Guilded Clover

"Yer killin' me, Smalls! Breaking my poor, delicate heart in two!" A small grin rose on Wolf's face as she waved off Nike's dramatics. "Yeah, yeah." She said with a smirk, letting her gaze fall back to the door as another, considerably less angry-looking girl entered. Wolf gave her a polite nod, acknowledging her presence. before looking back to Nike as she introduced herself and Wolf. This time, Wolf didn't acknowledge Nike's introduction and mouthing of "ILU bby", eyes glossed over but perhaps secretly smiling on the inside, if Nike wanted to console herself with that thought. Being called an adowabru cinnamon roll wasn't quite Wolf's cup of tea, but whatever. 

"I know who the fuck you are and I don't care who the fuck she is,", Wolf's blank expression slowly curved into a smile, for the first time that day her eyes finally filling with life as Danny began his angry rant. "but all I want to know is why the fuck I'm here and when the fuck I can leave. If it's not stupid bitches trying to choke me with my own clothing, it's stupid ones trying to turn shit into sunshine here."

By the time Danny had finished, Wolf was laughing, a full on belly laugh, clutching her stomach and bent over, her laughter echoing throughout the gymnasium. Eventually she straightened her posture, wiped her eyes and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry," She said with one last chuckle. "That was just.. hah, wow.. God, have I met many a basket case like you, kid." She said. Having been in AEGIS for a good, long six years, she had seen her fair share of kids who hated the world and everything that came their way, either because their like was too picture perfect or too much of a shit-hole. Every person with a super power had some sort of tragic past; every now and again there was someone like Danny practically radiating anger and hatred from the back of the classroom. She had never quite imagined the chance to get to teach one of them.

"Class ends at five, man. I think you can handle it." She said, shoving her hands back into her pockets and then glancing over at Cherie, who seemed to be appalled by the boy's rudeness. Cool. A normal one. 

"Well, it is physical discipline. I'd say prepare for the worst." Wolf said casually, and just like that, all evidence of her outburst, her very, very rare outburst, gone with the wind. What had she said? The personal trauma a week ago? Guilt bubbled within Wolf's stomach -- had she been someone at the mall at the time of the strike? "If you feel you're pushing yourself too much you can always stop." Wolf murmured. 

Nike_Banner.gif

|| At Facility 108 - Gym || Wolf ( @CloudyBlueDay ), Danny ( @Captain Hesperus ), Cherie ( @Guilded Clover ) || Feeling chill || OOC~ ||

[SIZE=13.3333px]An expression born of a mixture of amusement and curiosity crossed Nike's face as the young man started talking. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]She didn't move to stop him. She didn't say a word. Even when Wolf started to laugh -- actually laugh -- over his display, she didn't flinch. Okay, maybe mentally she made a note to be jealous of this guy stealing her goal from her later. Right now though, it wasn't the time.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Nike was too busy being curious.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Her head tilted to one side, then to the other side, making inquisitive hums all the while as she just looked at the guy. Then, while Wolf was speaking to the female student, Nike drew her feet together before stepping forward rather abruptly, her stride giving mere seconds before she was right in front of the guy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]"I wasn't planning on anything too cray-cray today," Nike spoke aloud in response to the girl's question, all the while looking the guy's face over mere inches from her own.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] "Just some Show-and-Tell of powers and learning some about you guys." [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Her eyes glances at the splotch of dark red on his forehead, but only briefly at best. She came into his space to get a better feel for him. In her mind, it was some kind of anomaly for someone to be this angry all the time, and Nike wanted to twist the puzzle around until she figured out what she wanted.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]He had mentioned something about being manhandled by people outside. Maybe that was why he had his panties in a bunch? Perhaps what had happened had something to do with the possible blood on his forehead? Finally, after some silence as her mind turned things over and over, she broke it with a little bit of muttering.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]"Doesn't look to be yours. That's good. Maybe clean that up a bit."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]Nike gave a couple of nods, then gave a grin as she backed up a step. "Sorry if my plans seem kinda boring. I ain't the kinda gal who likes to assume things about folks, or even takes everything on file about a person as the total truth of it all." [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Once more a hand snaked its way out from the crossed formation under her chest, this time her thumb and forefinger extending to copy the angles of her chin.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] "Call it a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card before I ramp the difficulty up next time we meet~" [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]The chuckle she gave was one that sounded practiced, like she had been waiting for moments like this to sound like an arrogant antagonist or something.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] "We can totes start off with introductions while we wait for-" [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Nike paused, then threw an awkward glance towards Wolf.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] "How many students are suppose to be in the afternoon session again? I... kinda-maybe-sorta... need to be reminded... Ahahaha..."[/SIZE]

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha Crane and Luci Tolbert

Mood: Can't wait to see how students do on the test!

@s @Teh Frixz, @RemainingQuestions

Aaron stopped to catch his breath, glancing over his shoulder to see if he'd been pursued. Nobody. Phew! Power-walking even a few hundred yards was hard! Harder than it ought to be. He supposed he'd need to start doing some interval training, get back in shape. Wandering all over the city had done little for his cardio vascular health, apparently. Need to find something to get some proper exercise...

He covered the last 50 feet or so at a more leisurely pace as his heart and lungs caught up with the demand for energy. Luci Tolbert and Tabitha Crane were waiting for him. Suddenly he realized he had left the trap set and just walked away. His carelessness horrified him, but luck was on his side; they hadn't gone up to investigate, and they were both still alive. That was the main thing, he supposed. He tried to cover for his obvious mistake with what he hoped seemed like genuine pride in his work.

Morning, you two! What do you think of my 'death trap' hm? I am very curious to see how you all deal with it. I'll demonstrate it, and hopefully the others will be along shortly. Watch closely.”

He stepped in between the girders, and nudged the trip plate with his toe. With a terrible screeching sound the two sides of the trap began to swing closed. Aaron grabbed two of the mannequins and threw them at two others, knocking them out of the way. He had just enough time to grab two more and turned to shield them from the eastern girder with his body, while he threw up his left hand to stop the western one. The girders slammed into him with a satisfying “Goooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggg!” noise. Two of the mannequins he had not been able to reach in time were pulverized by the impact of the girders. Grinning like an idiot, he hoisted the trap back into the 'set' position with three quick tugs on the safety cable. He stood the remaining ten mannequins back up, more or less randomly throughout the kill zone, and walked back over to his students, beaming with now genuine pride.

Ten out of twelve! Not bad, right? Tabitha, would you like to go first? I did the math, and twenty five feet high should do it. I have some tarps and canvas here, along with some bungee cord for the seams. It should keep you covered up to about fifty feet, but I want to see you do twenty and stop before I trigger the trap all right? Then you just stop it, see? Just don't pinch your fingers in the hinge and you'll be fine.”

//s3.amazonaws.com/rpnation/monthly_2016_09/57ca620bd5c92_GavinADabbs.jpg.d24e0063d1902f2c1afb296408f6dfd3.jpg

Gavin Dabbs

@: N/A

Gavin sat in the waiting room, with his head leaned back against the burnt orange wall behind him. The room smelt like an incense box and the chiming music made him feel like they were at the docks. Nothing about the waiting room made him feel relaxed. The other occupied chairs had others, like him. The look of hopelessness, anxiety, doubt and fear evident in their eyes. Gavin remembered bandaging one of the guy's arms. He had been unconscious. Gavin had no intention of saying anything to him, it was not his place, he was no hero.

The minutes ticked by and Gavin watched the room empty out as each person was called by their assigned crisis counselor. The clock rolled over to three P.M. and still there he sat, unclaimed. By three o' five, he was ready to just leave. His appointment had been set for two fifty. Just as he climbed to his feet, a woman stepped through the door, calm cool and collected. Her face was hidden by a clipboard that she appeared to be reviewing. Her voice was monotone and apparently indifferent, "Gavin Dabbs."

Gavin was not amused and if anything slightly irritated. "Yea, that's me. I've been waiting twenty minutes for," his tone was sharp but still he was cut off.

"Only been waiting fifteen minutes past the time given. Follow me, kiddo." The supposed counselor had not even bothered to lower the clip board, for a handshake or introduction. The scribbling of a pen as she wrote, was the only sounds to fill the tense silence that now hung between the two of them.

Being ushered into the room, Gavin did not bother to ask what seat to take, opting for an arm chair in the far corner that was angled toward the doorway. Setting his jacket over the arm of the chair, he kept his attention on the woman, noting her all black outfit.

She appeared to be in her late forties if he had to guess and as the clipboard finally was pulled down into her lap, she revealed a pair of thick sun glasses that covered her eyes like a wide visor. More striking was that sitting just above the glasses was one very large, very open and perfectly centered eye. The iris was perfectly white with streaks of dark gray rippling around it. The sight was enough to cause Gavin to involuntarily jump a bit in his chair. It was not that he was disturbed by it but this  had not been what he was expecting.

When the counselor's single centered eye blinked, Gavin twitched, leaning forward, as if doing so would reveal some knowledge about it.

"S-sorry, just never met someone," Gavin's stopped realizing just how rude he was being. Quickly, leaning back in his seat, he tried to look at anything but the eye. It was an extraordinary feat at that particular moment.

"Yes, Mr. Dabbs. I have an enormous eye on my forehead. Thank you for that observation. Now Gavin, I see here, that your Parents are not too fond of supers. Yet, your Grandmother has had a great deal of influence in the pro super movements in the past. That must be a struggle, living in a family where the views are so divided."

'Views? Seeing, eye. It's so big and staring at me no matter what I do...Shit, what was the question?'

"Try to focus Gavin. To be completely frank, the last fifteen minutes of observing your thoughts in the waiting room have given me quite enough. I already know there is little need for you to see a therapist on a long term bases or to take all those pills. You Mr. Dabbs need to figure out where you stand in this world. Once you know that, you need to stand up and fight for what you believe in. You already have all your own answers. Now it is your job to act on them."

Gavin's eyes widened as he stared directly at her, while his face shifted to a shade of crimson. "You were reading my thoughts?!"

The counselor continued to bulldozer right over the question and kept on with her agenda. Pulling the page she had been scribbling on, off the clipboard, she stood and crossed the room. Standing before him, she slowly removed her sunglasses. This time Gavin did not jump or even make a peep. A lump grew in his throat making it difficult to even breath. The area that had been hidden beneath the sunglasses revealed flesh scarred by a horrid chemical burn. It was clear that she had once had two eyes there but both eye sockets were unrecognizable with the scar tissue.

The barrage of questions and statements stopped now. Folding the sheet of paper, she then offered it to Gavin. Taking the paper, Gavin slowly unfolded it to find only an address on it. He knew it well. The location had been the center of many news stories since the attacks.

"Pick your side Mr. Dabbs and fight for it, using the skills and talents that you have."

Sliding her sun glasses back on, she offered him a smile and clapped her hands. "Good luck, Gavin."

Before the very confused young man could even sort out what had just happened, he found himself standing back out in the waiting room with the sheet of paper still in hand. Frowning for a moment, he considered what she had been trying to tell him. Then he looked down to his book bag and that is when it struck him. Pulling out the keys to his mother's SUV that he had used to drive to the appointment, Gavin decided to make a little detour to Facility 108.

images (10).jpe

images (10).jpe

Gavin A Dabbs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle Keysor

Mood: Happy

Location: Cross the Street> Inside a Main gate of Facility 108

OOC: Urial post incoming!

tumblr_inline_mzzb8iVLBh1s8mjdy.png

Huh, this lady was pretty smart. 

That was cool.

She was pretty cool...and competent too.

Maybe she was at the wrong facility?

Welp, whatever, At least he didn't need to throw his coffee in her face.

Guess there was no reason to steal his Dad's coffee from his office then...........

Kyle just stood there watching her carry out this plan, which involved making him seem like a delivery boy with an oddly fitting "Poor boy" hat.

"We are delivering food, that's it. Don't look up, don't answer anything questions. Keep your head down and watch the ground carefully. They might try to trip you up if they get close."

Well If they did trip him up they'd most certainly get this boiling coffee all over their crotches. Boiling liquid to the crotch wasn't fun for either gender, Kyle thought. 

Unless you're some sort of Apache Helicopter. 

God, that was an outdated mental joke he just made....

Wait, what was he doing again even? 

OH, THE DELIVERY.

With that, he quickly went to catch up with the red haired secretary, who quickly made way through the sea of reporters and easily passing off as an actual delivery person.

Announcing her fake status as a delivery person and passing by the man with the camera, he was also quickly faced by the very same camera.

This should be easy, just do what she did. 

"Uh....I'm dropping off a catering order with my son." 

The Cameraman made a confused expression, with his brow quirking upwards.

I have a son?

Wait a second, no you didn't. 

That wasn't the right thing to say at all.

What.

With that, he just quickly scuttled away from the absolutely dumbfounded Cameraman, who just blinked as he watched him follow the red-haired woman.

Finally, he found himself back beside Page.

"Well, that went pretty good...Good idea,uh, Page. Soo w-Is that a dog?"

Pivoting in his spot, his eye turned to see a Golden retriever about to tackle some cute kid to the ground.

Welcome to Facility 108......

Urial Ursler

Mood: Excited > Regretful

OOC: I COULDN'T FIND THE RENDER I USED FOR URIAL, SO HERE'S A REAL PICTURE OF AN ADORABLE FLOOF INSTEAD. 

JXIAlqpl.jpg

Rolling around In his bed, Urial flailed his paws as the alarm went off with a loud buzzing that was more painful than the torments of hell. 

That was until, with one firm pat of his paw, the horrid shrieking of the wretched contraption was ended as soon as It began. 

Oh.

He was late.

Very late.

With the realization of time quickly dawning on him for his first day on the job, Urial leaped right out of bed and promptly ran into the wall.

"MRGLE, THERE IS A WALL THERE." Shaking his head, he quickly ran out of the room, successfully this time, and quickly belly sliding down the stairs.

He loved doing that. 

Heather meanwhile, whilst going through channels downstairs was rudely disrupted from her ability to watch the News as a result of Urial's typical obnoxious habit of not using the fucking stairs properly like a normal human being.

"HEATHER, WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP." 

"Uh, well, firstly you have an alarm which can magically do the same thing of waking one up. Oh and secondly, I tried, you kicked me in the face."

"Ah yes, Well, now I require you to strap my K.A.P. If you would please."

"Of all the service dogs I end up having, It's the one who's actually a three hundred or something year old guy."

"Oh, You love me~" 

"I hope you get Mange." 

She rolled her eyes and started to strap the backpack to him, making sure to steer her face clear of It in case she got smacked by twelve hands like last time. 

"Dank Je~"

With that, he quickly let the contraption spring out of the backpack as he made his way to the door, one of the golden arms unlocking It as he made his way into the Baltimore breeze.

"Now...I shooouuulllddd arrive just on time before my students get to class If I ran there, thank the lord the Ice finally melted."

Sprinting his way down the street, he was met with a few waves as he began to leave his own neighbourhood, who had more than enough time to get used to Urial. 

Of course, that most certainly didn't stop potential squeals by children as he ran past them, nor the confused looks people made when a dog with a backpack strapped to him dashed past. 

Nearly running right past his destination, he made a quick stop and stopped right outside the Facility, only to find his gaze upon a sea of reporters. 

"Ooooh, they must be here because of all that's happened, hmph, that must be annoy-"

His chatter was quickly disturbed, however, by an all to similar glorious smell that reminded him of the heavens Itself. 

T'was peanut butter. 

He wondered where such an eloquent and beauteous aroma was coming from, only to have his eyes quickly follow a boy running through the courtyard.

As if to deny him the sweet aroma.

Of Peanut butter. 

Before Urial could even think what he was properly doing or even stop himself from attempting to do such a thing, he found himself tackling the unfortunate student, as If he had simply appeared out of nowhere. 

Woops. 

"Ah, um, I am ever so sorry. Are you alright?...I have a tendency to do things on a whim without actually thinking about them.."

Urial stepped off of the student, who he was probably bloody crushing.

"I'm the new First Aid Teacher and um..Oh are you actually alright?..I mean, I didn't mean to tackle you...I just, you smelled like peanut butter."

What a great start to your first day, assaulting a student and justifying It by saying they smelled like Peanut butter. 

"Well, If you're willing to accept my apology and maybe, uh, taking me to the First Aid Classroom, I certainly wouldn't mind about giving you some free cookies."

Cookies should be able to fix this.

He hoped.

/monthly_2016_08/icon-avecca.png.6b7f254b920ced5316ba0bb99dea34c5.pngAvecca Zayn

Avecca looked up at the hideous, hulking automaton, her chin resting politely on her hands as she blearily listened to him berate her. Alpha warned her this would happen. She wasn’t too fussed.

"I'm sure I'm not the first to attempt to get information out of you, and I likely won't be the last. Let's start at a simple level. What are you?"

She yawned, and stared at him for a moment. Looking down at herself, Avecca plucked the waistband of her shorts and underwear for a brief moment, pretending to intently observe her crotch.

“Definitely a girl,” she said drolly, and let the elastic snap back. This has been her standard answer for every single person who had come through, looking for answers. Well! The monsters may have stolen her weapons, her tools, and her freedom, but they would not take her dignity!

“And for the record, the old woman didn’t die. Well, not for long. The blurry one used the defibrillator. She was fine.”

“I completely agree on the rest, though. It was quite exhilarating, up until the excessive cobwebs, and the part where I failed to acquire the war helmet of the false prophet. It would have made an excellent trophy for Raguel.”

A pause.

“Have you heard of our lord and savior Raguel?”

/monthly_2016_09/icon-agentharry.png.0851db1db0f6c96c93b29d207269aef7.png/monthly_2016_09/icon-scarlet.png.7ca517ed285d1c671b43e0e924cd6c52.png​

Elsewhere, at Commonwealth Headquarters (Washington, D.C.)

“So then I was all, ‘oh no, where’s the kids?’ because I had just gotten to the good part about explaining the similarities of the Geiger counter sensing radiation and the Clarke sensor and how it picks up the enigma particles that superpowers generate and the history of the study of the enigma particle – “

Director Chernov shared a pained look with the bodyguard standing at the doorway of her office. Her injuries were minor, surprisingly. The volume of the first shot had deceived the agents, and the director had been shot with nothing more than a subsonic dart.

“Thank you, Harry,” she said sternly, cutting Agent Holden off. “Unfortunately, I’ve run out of memory on this voice recorder, so if you could just type up your incident report, that would be… efficient.”

“But Director! The enigma particles!”

Scarlet sighed.

“If we were dealing with, say, Rapture, I would encourage you to continue your research. However, the Knights of Raguel are an anti-super group comprised mostly of non-superpowered individuals. No enigma particles, and therefore, your research cannot be actively applied to the current terrorist threat we are facing!”

Her last words were barked at him in frustration, and Harry shrunk timidly.

“… I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay…” Harry looked down at the toes of his shiny Oxfords, too scared of the Director’s fierce glare to meet her eyes. But this time… her eyes, burning red like hellfire and demon fury, didn’t fill him with a soul-crushing, paralyzing fear.

It was a rather normal kind of fear, and the Clarke sensor in his jacket pocket was curiously silent.

“Are you…?”

“I am fine.”

“You sure?”

“This job is the pinnacle of bureaucracy. It requires extraordinary patience, not extraordinary power.” Scarlet let her gaze fall to her reflection in the overly-polished wood varnish of the desk. There was a scorch mark in the center of it that she had personally seen was waxed over, to immortalize for all eternity the day when a Rapture soldier left a flaming paper bag of human fecal matter on the desk of Errol King.

“… I’m sorry.”

“Agent Holden, now is not the time for apologies. Now is the time for action. The Knights have declared war on us, and I intend to leave them a smoldering crater.”

Harry was scared of Scarlet again.

Attachments

• icon-agentharry.png
    icon-agentharry.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
  • icon-scarlet.png
    icon-scarlet.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
p6ULSomMmCrPl0IlPHXPMs6gftivd3tcvuslO58zC0k7_KVNdO6uxnhT66AsICeaysm2CFAjafSi8fgYYwwk4mN1cFTfS3JTOA0yaXtkDoJf9b0RBYsxZLTidEBlTdaBIFNYMvQt

8GUa26I5jbXa5wWH-Ovig9sXkz5RFvK4coHaGlx-GqzI9HHhr9IjUvGPwiihK4XbVikYNKyhXNhIKJcfZxl0GEzO4pvTFG5fhTjsnWvrC_Evo-7wR43stjBZ9j1PDnKRFAspPlBJ

Isabella Chase & Marianne Ross

There was nothing in god's green earth that was about to get Izzy outside of that car with all those reports buzzing around the gates. The mental image was already playing out. Tonight on the evening news, it would be shots of her bald tail and people laughing. No, she was not getting out. Izzy, dug her heels into the carpeted mat in the backseat of the car. Then Richard gave her one of those looks. After one simple threat of returning all her new climbing gear, Izzy was pouting as she exited the town car.

Richard gave her a warm wave, which Izzy returned with a display of her tongue before closing the door of the car. The vehicle had not even pulled away from the curb when she hear, “Excuse me. Are you about to enter the facility too?”

Whirling around, she found herself faced with a girl who was easily a foot taller than her. Starting at the ends of the blonde locks of hair, Izzy’s head rose until she found the girl’s light almost purpley eyes. After a harsh swallow she nodded as the pretty girl spoke, “It does look difficult to pass through them…”

Shifting her attention back to the herd of reports, she frowned at the mere idea trying to pass through them. Naturally, her tail had been swaying several feet above her own head, coming into her peripheral view as she watched the reporters. Reminded of the bandages coating the seven foot tail, she quickly tried to hide it, failing epically.

The swishing tail certainly didn't escape Mary's sight. Especially the fact that it was bandaged. For a second she looked like she was about to ask something about it, but she refrained and instead said, "But don't worry, I know the easy way to pass them." She glanced at the reporters. "We have to make sure they can't see us first, though." Her gaze was back to the car, "Lucky, your car can be a cover."

Smiling, she put her index finger on her lips, as if she was conspiring about something. Which wasn't too far from the truth. Then she flicked her wrist. In an instant, a portal about as tall as Izzy's height materialized beside the car. From that portal, the security desk was visible, along with whomever near it. Mary’s smile widened. “There’s your shortcut. Now let’s go~”

Izzy’s eyes went wide at the appearance of the portal, “Wow, now that is nifty.” For a moment, her pupils narrowed as she did a double take to ensure Richard, her father, was not watching. He was tangled up on a business call, per the norm, and oblivious to the goings on outside the vehicle. A mischievous smirk curled Izzy’s lips when the tween tried poking the tip of her tail through first. It seemed safe enough and the reporters did not look nearly as exciting. If anything, they appeared quite upset about some issue with their equipment. Either way, Isabella Chase was happy to have been offered the alternate route. Squeezing both eyes shut, she stepped through the portal and found herself on the other side, unscathed. Now that was an impressive power. Way better than looking and acting, cat-ish. With the portal still open for its creator to come through, Izzy turned on her heel and waited eagerly for Mary to follow.

But Mary didn’t walk through the portal. Instead, she was busy twisting her hair and tucked it safely beneath her hat, giving an illusion of short hair. She then pulled her hat down, low enough to obscure a part of her face without interfering with her sight. With one swipe, she took off her trademark purple coat and gave it to Izzy through portal. “Please hold onto this for a while,” she said with a cheerful tone, “or if you are in a hurry, you can leave it on security desk. Now-” Mary winked. “-I have some business to do. See you soon!”

And without passing through it, she shut the portal between them. Izzy now stood with purple coat in hand, dazed and slightly confused, in the lobby of the school. At the very least, she was safely within the confines of the school.

A breeze passed through Mary, and although her blouse wasn’t thin, it’s not enough to prevent her from shivering from the cold. Ignoring this, she turned around, and walked with a steady pace towards the gate. To the crowds of reporters.

Eve K. Knox

*Nudging @ViAdvena*

As if the exposed muscles weren't creepy enough Eve had no eyelids either. After a spontaneous nap through the noon, the woman felt revigorated. To signal the... waking up of, her blank, dark eyes lit up with a cyan gleam as soon as the clock alarm ended.

"Good second morning, Teach!" uttered a friendly, familiar voice. It belonged to a man. A man who insisted on coming over and taking care of his little sister, just like old times. Eve sighed and pushed herself up from the bed. She saw Cole standing in the doorway giving away a warm, kind smile. "Feeling hungry?" Instead of immediately replying, Eve rose her right hand and gently put her fingers on the exposed muscle and grasped the stub that was supposed to be her new nose. A silent, metallic swoosh showed that the eyes were shifting focus. She lowered the hand and gave a faint

"Mhm..."

"I've got what you need then...it's on the table. Help yourself!" He pointed. and paced towards the table with Eve, putting one hand over his sister's shoulder. 

"By the by... I'm only an assistant. Not a full blown teacher yet."

"Oh, I'm sure they'll fix that soon enough."

They both sat at the table. The scene consisted mostly of silence, in spite of Cole's attempts at small talk. Eve threw him short answers only. Up until.

"Come on, sis, you're killing me. Keep that head up, will ya? Those kids need it. You've got a class coming up in..." He quickly checked the clock behind him. "...38 minutes."

She put the cutlery down and looked straight at Cole. The muscles were still calibrating, so Eve couldn't throw him anything but an awkward look. 

"You've had worse. For fuck's sake, you lost your arms and you kept going!"

"We've talked about this before. It's not just the face, yeah? Now shut up and let's go..."

The wheels stopped. Eve tied a teal bandana over her lower face and picked up a pair of black aviators. She unplugged the seat belt and opened the door. To complete the gangster look, Cole threw a snapback cap at Eve, which she caught. 

"Yo, E. K. Give yo' big bro a call when ya' done schoolin' these little gangstas, aight?"

"Ha...ha... Alright, Cole. See ya soon!" The half grimace of her face was concealed by the bandana. She closed the door and kept moving towards the gates, where a heavy scene unfolded. Broken ground, what looked like reporters with broken equipment and... a student. A student who lacked a coat, unfortunately. Eve undressed of her sleeveless coat and identified the student as Marianne Ross. She called her out.

"Marianne! Did you forget your coat today?"

kCJ586p.png

"Marianne! Did you forget your coat today?"

The sound of her own name made Mary paused her walk and glanced back. The person who called her had her face and head covered, but that distinctive figure was easy to recognize for those who had seen her before. [SIZE=11pt]Eve? She is out of hospital already?[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE] Mary couldn’t help but a little surprised. She didn’t know how severe Eve’s wound actually was, but from what she heard it was really bad. Yet here Eve was, looked ready to teach again. “Oh, no I didn’t,” she answered, “it just-” she looked at the coat in Eve’s hand. “-beat me to school.” She continued with an amused smile. “By the way, can I borrow it for a while?” She pointed at the coat.   

"Why'd you think I got it off for, hmm? 'Course you can have it!" Eve extended the vest to Mary.

She took the coat. “Thank you!” Mary quickly tried it off. It’s a bit baggy on her, considering the original owner, and the style was wildly different from her usual choice of clothes. But that’s what made it good. “I’ll borrow this for five minutes at most.” With a grin, she waved at Eve. “Please wait for a while.” With that she resumed her walk to the gate.

Right now most of the reporters were focusing on one security staff. Riley, if her memory served right, with a last name that Mary could spell but couldn’t pronounce. Strangely, they were writing her statement on notes instead of recording it. Something wrong with their equipment...? Mary glanced at the faintly smoking cameras and microphone. She could think of many ways dozens of Aegis students could do to mess with those stuffs, and many ways for them to do it without touching the equipment. Mary internally grinned. Little to no camera? Perfect. As she approached the crowd, Mary could hear Riley talk. “OH for the Record -- I'm saying it right here and right now, AEGIS and staff like Mr.Mallory are forces of good -- Let's stop looking for a scapegoat and start looking for answers.”

“Right,” Mary said after Riley spoke, “let’s start looking for an answer.” She looked at the crowd. “And I don’t mind providing some of them.”

With such clear invitation, of course it didn’t take long for some of them to gravitate towards their new source. In a short time the girl was bombarded by many questions. “What’s your opinion about-”   “- think it’s safe to entrust untrained supers to people-” “-should they tried for-” “-at do you think of the opinion that the staffs’ careless act makes them more at fault of the incident?”

She stared at the reporter who asked the last question, eyes gleamed beneath her hat. “Between someone who stepped on a landmine,” she said slowly, “and someone who set the landmine in the first place, who do you think is more at fault?”

That statement was returned by more rain of questions. “So do you think they aren’t at fault despite-“ “-isn’t it different-” “But unlike that case, they-”

Mary raised her hand. “The staffs tried to save people by confronting the ‘knights’, but that act backfired to the very people they tried to save.” She said clearly, stating the common reason why the public blamed the staffs. Some reporters nodded at this. Mary then continued. “But please think how their act backfired. The metal shards? Those knights wear armors, it can bounce back. The bombs? Those knights planted it in the first place!”

She stared hard at them. “Most fatalities are from the bombing. Most victims of the bombing are people who tried to escape from those knights.” She said firmly. “They didn’t know running outside will turn out fatal for them, just like how the staffs also didn’t know trying to confront them will make things worse.” Her eyes narrowed. “If you insist that the staffs are at fault for that, then by your logic, do you also think those victims are at fault for trying to escape?”

Silence followed that question. This time Mary didn’t wait for an answer. “No, they are not. Those people only tried to save life, either their own life or the others. It’s not their fault that the terrorists are one step ahead in their plan to harm them.”

Sighing, she gave her closing statement. “Listen, I don’t know your opinion about supers, or if you agree with Raguel Knight’s idea or not. But keep in mind,” Mary said, “despite claiming they're only out for supers, the mall bombing show that they have no qualms sacrificing normals and supers alike!” She said sharply. “Some people made mistake in that tragedy, but those terrorists, the one with the real harmful intention, is the one that will endanger us no matter what gene we possess.”

Mary nodded. “Now if you excuse me, I have another business to do.”

There’s more questions and talk between the reporters, but she was finally able to slide past them and reached the building without too much hassle. Entering the lobby, she saw the small cat girl from before. “Hello again!” Mary greeted her cheerfully. She then looked down at her borrowed coat. “Hmm, maybe I should wait for Eve…” she murmured to herself. At least she had an excuse to be late if she arrived with the teacher’s assistant. Mary reached through her pocket and pulled out her phone. It’s still running. She smiled.

Those reporters might or might not write her words down, but the podcast would definitely spread it.

[SIZE=9pt]Location: In front of Facility 108 -> in the lobby[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Mentioned: Eve @Aldur, Riley @Teh Frixz, Izzy @Manic Muse[/SIZE], [SIZE=9pt]anyone in the lobby[/SIZE]

Jason Swan -Director

Jason_Swan250.png

Mood: Nervous

Company: Various

@'s: @ViAdvena @Teh Frixz

Other:

The world outside rumbled by, the morning went about it's routine of traffic jams, rushing late risers, joggers that no matter how early you got up always seemed to be half way through their run already, queued out coffee shops. Through all of this Jason sat silent in his office, listening to the clamouring reporters outside as their microphones pried at the air for any sign of weakness, any slight smell of blood that signalled their cue to feast. Being the director of Aegis 108, and seeing the way they had been painted by the media, Jason was well aware of the situation, he had a speech ready, but it would be of little consequence. No matter what he said the press would try to crucify the facility and its staff for their failings... The silence of his office was of little comfort.

Hearing students struggle into the facility, staff keeping reporters at a reasonable distance, and security being useless, Jason made his way towards his office door. The cold metal handle rested in his had for a few moments before he let it go again, through most of his life he had been in the public eye, yet this was the most difficult situation he had ever come face to face with. How could he go out there, face the press, and say "It was our fault, we underestimated the terrorists." How could he sum up such horrific events and keep everyone he held responsibility for safe? Pacing back across his office, glancing through the gaps in his office blinds, his polished leather boots clicked rhythmically on the scuffed worn linoleum that lined every floor of this god forsaken building.  HE couldn't leave this any longer.

The door creaked open with a firm pull as Jason made his way into the hallway, his steps full of purpose carrying him towards the facility entrance, passing by numerous pupils, staff, and teachers as they got ready for their day. Some of whom would be needing extra lessons or training on how to deal with the public, do their jobs, or the use of their powers... However other seemed to be well aware of the situation, using words and deflection to deal with conflict rather than violence and destruction.

"Good work, Marianne, Riley." Jason said quietly as he passed the security desk and made his way out to the front of the facility. It was messier than it should have been. He would need to go over the security footage later to find out the perpetrators, although a few names already sprung to mind.

"Director Swan!" the shouts rolled in as Jason took up his position in front of the cameras, question upon question garbling together as each reporter tried to get one over the competition. There were a few choice words that he could make out. "Blame", "responsibility", "Dangerous", "Victims", "Consequences." It was all the same question, just worded differently to try and make it sound justified, "Would you like us to screw you and supers with, or without the lube?"

Raising his power slightly, before raising his hand signalling silence, Jason addressed the massed media before him

"What occurred this weekend was a tragedy, one that was sadly escalated by the underestimation of the fanatical terrorists, Knights of Raguel. We at Aegis 108 attempted to subdue an imminent threat using our years of training, and sadly, we failed to do so safely. I cannot begin to summarise how much this has had on affect on hero community, and of course, the victims involved. It goes without saying that 108 will do everything within our power to help heal this city, and to seek out and subdue the terrorist threat that has raised its hand against it." 

"What about the SUPER threat we've all finally seen for what it is!" Came a shout from one of the reporters, his agenda exploding through the crowd like a fanfare announcing the imminent explosion of a septic tank .

"You have lived your entire life surrounded by supers, supers who go about their entire lives without causing a single problem. And yes, there are supers who commit crimes, just as there are unpowered individuals who commit crime, and likewise there are supers who commit their lives to keeping the public safe. I believe my student summarised it well enough with her Landmine comment. Now if you will excuse me, I have a facility to run, and students to teach, so if you would all kindly pack up and leave the vicinity of this facility without disturbing more of my students, I would be deeply grateful.." Quietly, Jason made his way back inside 108, taking a deep breath as he steadied his nerves.

/monthly_2016_08/icon-morgan.png.4efb0c5086e1edec0b1030af54238c3c.pngMorgan Brahn

So far so good – although there were reporters out and about, none attempted to stop Morgan. He was unassuming and uninteresting, or so he hoped. Most of them were gathered around the front door as well, where the bulk of foot traffic was. So, if he want this way across the courtyard, and went through the side entrance, then he should be able to –

Pě̡͆ͤ̅̎̓̆ã̧͆ͬ̿́nut̅̊̇͂͜ b̨͋̾̄̎̚ū̀̅tͬ̋ͧͤ̎t̃̽̆ͧ̆̍͡e͋̽͋̒r̨̒̔.ͬ̎̉

What? What did his snack have to do anything? The boy halted in confusion, his hand up to his head. His limiter was on, right? That didn’t sound like his OH SHIT --

At least seventy pounds of golden fluff assaulted Morgan in that moment. Always the butt of slapstick comedy, he hit the ground and stayed there, mildly dazed.

A dog.

"Ah, um, I am ever so sorry. Are you alright? I have a tendency to do things on a whim without actually thinking about them..."

The dog stepped off of him, and Morgan rolled over, sitting up on the dead grass. He blinked.

"I'm the new First Aid Teacher and um… Oh are you actually alright? I mean, I didn't mean to tackle you...I just, you smelled like peanut butter. Well, if you're willing to accept my apology and maybe, uh, taking me to the First Aid Classroom, I certainly wouldn't mind about giving you some free cookies."

Oh my god there was a talking dog. A telepathic talking dog. A pupper. A big golden pupper. Morgan’s hand drifted toward the tattoo he had gotten months ago, illegally and without his parent’s knowledge, of a sickeningly cute kitten-mermaid. He loved cute things. He loved animals.

Morgan whispered to himself in awe, except it wasn’t to himself at all. It was a moderately powered telepathic blast that anyone in line of sight would have been able to hear.

F̽̑͂̉l̷̑̄o͋o͛ͥͯ̍ͯfͣeͭ̍̒̃̊r̾͊̉ͫ͘s͌͒̋̉̿̾̋͟n͂ͮ̐o̓o͡fͮ̑.̅ͦͫ̊̑

A full two seconds of childish delight, before his face fell.

Pl̀e̡a͏se͡ ̵t̸èll ̕me͡ ̕no ̸óne͢ heard ̸th̷a͟ţ.

Tabitha Crane

Nearby: Aaron Mallory and Luci Tolbert

Mood: Straight up confused

@s @Gus @RemainingQuestions

Immediately Tabitha falters. She'd dropped her phone into her bag when the Teacher showed up and stood up for him but the combination of his actions and the loudness within his little contraption made her take shelter a few yards away. Everything inside it was so violent and sudden and loud... Tabby blinks a few times, opening her eyes slowly as the Teacher began talking to her. That thing he built really was a death trap. Like something out of a bad video game only sped up and real. Every bit of her mind rebelled instantly at the idea of going anywhere near the kill radius of that thing. 

"Um...Sir...I can't do that. Any of that. I can't control the growing and I don't want to go in that thing." She trails off, eyes going to the somewhat dispersing press opposite the facility. "I'm sorry." She adds after a beat. She honestly did feel like she was letting him down but she knew she couldn't do that. This was something she wasn't ready for, paperwork and theory she could handle but this was just so suddenly hands on that immediately she retreated, somehow sinking into her heavy clothing. Despite being nearly six foot, she felt like everyone around her was looking down. Slowly she sits herself down on the ground, making herself even smaller. 

Jesus this was almost worse than being naked and tall. 

Janus Finch

View attachment janus banner2 skinnier.png

Courtyard of Facility 108

@'s

@welian

@St Sunny

All throughout the high school classes Janus sat impatiently, bouncing his leg. Today, finally, he was going to start at the Aegis facility. 

Oh boy. 

His eyes flickered up to the clock, back down to the work sheet in front of him, and back up to the clock. What time was it again? 2:25. Thirty minutes until school was over. That wasn't so bad, was it? He had been waiting all week for this, another half hour was nothing- he'd be on his way to facility in no time and be surrounded by other supers with incredible powers, the start of his training would finally begin, and he'd prove his competence and worthiness to  be a hero gain his blue-card. The facility whose staff had been caught up in the infamous terrorist attacks and had caused the whole facility to be ridiculed.

Once again his eyes flew to the clock. 2:27.

'Maybe I should've given myself another week to get used to living here.'

Janus sighed, and leaned over to unzip his backpack, drop his pencil in, and pull out a yellow folder. There was no way he'd be able to finish the sheet- he'd just have to do it at home. With everything packed up he leaned back in his chair and raised his hand. 

After a minute or two the teacher raised her eyes from her own stack of papers. "Yes, Finch?" 

"Can-" he stopped for a moment before speaking up, louder this time to compensate for how his limiter muffled his voice, "Can I go to the bathroom?"

His question was met with a sigh and a glance at the clock. "Can't you wait until class is over?"

"Uh-"

"Fine, go."

Thank god. Janus picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulder, and headed out the door. The well-lit hallways were empty as he fast-walked through. Unsure of where the closest bathroom even was, he decided to head towards one of the side exits. Lifting an arm to fiddle with his limiter, he adjusted it to allow a small amount of unfiltered air in and immediately scrunched up his face. Yup, there was definitely a bathroom nearby. God, you'd think they didn't clean the things. Someone, preferably the janitor, should have a talking to about proper hygiene and thorough cleaning.  With a good idea of its location in mind he re-adjusted the limiter and took the next left, walked for a bit, and then turned right at the next junction. There the bathroom was in all it's disgusting glory.

When he was finished, since he actually had need of it, Janus paused in front of the mirrors in an internal debate. Would he be okay on his own? Already, he had enough nervous energy to stop him from working on his homework and drive him to leave school early. Maybe just in case? Digging through his backpack, he removed a small orange bottle and unscrewed the cap and jiggled one of the pills out. 

Taking one last deep breath and holding it, he reached up to remove the limiter, stuck his head under the faucet to drink a small amount of water, and placed the pill in his mouth. Quickly, before even swallowing, he held the limiter back up to his face. They could at least use some air freshener in here for god's sake. Doesn't this bother any one else even just a little bit? Well, at least his nerves should be calmed. Tossing the bottle back into his backpack he picked it up again and left, properly strapping the limiter back on as he headed out the school's side exit. 

Quickly, he realized he wasn't sure how to get to the facility. Barely out the door, he paused to pull out his smartphone and open a GPS app. Would google recognize where he's trying to get if he just entered in "aegis facility 108" as the destination? Probably. And indeed, typing "aegsi facilit" prompted a drop-down with the proper address. 

Aware that if he was seen hanging around one of the school's exits he could be questioned Janus sped off, frequently checking his phone to make sure he was going in the right direction.

---------------------------------------------------

About twenty minutes later and he stood before the facility. Staring at it from across the street, Janus swallowed. There was a small crowd of reporters hanging around, which made sense with recent happenings. Watching them for a minute showed that they seemed to be leaving, albeit rather slowly. Should he go over...? With his limiter it was very obvious he was a super. It forced him to get used to looks rather quickly, but he'd never been around reporters or been interviewed before. A glance at his phone told him he had time, but finding his classroom might take awhile. 

'C'mon. You're just entering a god-damned supers school. If you stand here too long, you'll look like a weirdo,' he quietly chided himself. If you can't walk through some reporters or even get in the facility, there's no way you'll make it as a vigilante. 

His grip on his phone tightened, and after looking both ways he stepped into the street and half-jogged across to quickly get out of traffic's way. Determinedly, he entered the gates and made his way toward the reporters.

Steeling himself and preparing for anything, he stared straight ahead as he entered the slowly dispersing crowd. That's what you did to get reporters to ignore you, right? Pretend they didn't exist, don't give them the light of day. Even if he did stand out and was an obvious target.

Just keep walking, yup, and they'll... ignore you. They were all ignoring him, other than a few looks or unhappy glances. What? Breaking his look of composure, Janus turned his head to look at the reporters. Some of them even glanced away. Some of them were just staring at or inspecting their equipment. Weird, but at least they weren't bothering him. If something happened, he wasn't sure if he cared to know. Sighing in relief, his stance become much more relaxed as he approached the doors.

And then he spotted it- a puppy! Well, maybe not a puppy, but a full-grown dog, but- it was cute!  It even had a dog-sized backpack. Grinning, he took a step towards the soft dog and the other boy that was sitting next to it.

'FLOOFERS NOOFF'

The thought rang in his mind. What?

'Please tell me no one heard that.'

Janus blinked. Those certainly didn't feel like his thoughts. Was that... telepathy? He looked around, unsure of where it was coming from. But this was a school full of supers, this kind of thing probably happened all the time, right? Managing to brush it off, he turned his attention back to the pressing issue at hand and continued forward, stopping in front of the other boy and his dog.

Raising his hand in greeting, he gave a small wave. 

"Hey. Your dog's really cute, would you mind if I pet him?"

View attachment crs.jpg

Chris Kravitz

Mood: Shit

@: @Zahzi

"Oh. Well, uh, good. Uh, 'bout time someone came and, uh... Hrm." Chris's eyes were wide and fixed on anything but Red. "Y-You keep that in mind, Mister Ward. Chris, Chris Kravitz doesn't take any... 'kay. Classtime." Who the hell hasn't heard of Hex Sniper? It's only plastered in every ad strip on the internet. More famous than Box Dropper...

"Alright, so... Learning not to die?" Chris ditched the shitty hospital laptop and angled himself as best he could to glance meaningfully at his midsection, bandaged, and his legs, one in a full cast and the other in an ankle cast. The major difficulty in glancing down was his neck, which was also bandaged. "Give it to me straight, doc..."

Danny Travis

Danny scowled at the woman at the back of the gymnasium.

"Don't fucking make assumptions about me, bitch! Fucking 'basket case'? How about go fuck yourself and the high horse you rode in on? If you're the caliber of instructor AEGIS scraped off the underside of the barrel to get, then it's no wonder Psycho Ward went off and near-murdered half of Owen Mills Mall! And your fucking girlfriend here doesn't even know how many fucking students she's supposed to be misleading today? This entire place is full of fuck-ups from the top to the ground."

He started counting off on his fingers, "Lessee now, there's Psycho Ward and his little gore-show. There's Uncle Fester the Pedo, grinning at all the little kiddies. There's that stupid useless Chinese bitch who couldn't do shit for shit at the Zoo and then fled the minute the cops arrived, there's Acid Trip the Insecurity Guard, Koko the Klown, Jimmy Neutronbomb, you pair of fucking jokes and it's topped off by The Old Bird in his office, counting the casualties."

He turned around to confront Nike, "And here's the worst bit: What're you supposed to be teaching? Seriously? What's the point of any of this place? We saw what the staff, who we assume are supposed to be role models for their students, did. Are you saying you can do any better? I think the only solution to dealing with freaks is to stick us all on a desert island somewhere and let us eat each other. Or better yet, lock us all in a big steel box and sink it to the bottom of the ocean. That's the only way to keep normal people safe. The only heroes at the mall were the ones who turned up after the freaks fucked up, the ones that carried away the injured and dying, the ones who restored order and people's sense of safety. And it wasn't any Blue Card-carrying freak, it was the cops, the paramedics and the firemen. Real heroes. No flying, no super-strength, no fire breath, nothing like that. But yet they saved more lives than any of you lot ever did."

Danny locked eyes with the new instructor, daring a response from her.

Jamie Bishop

Shh. Not right now. I’m going through an existential-cum-romantic crisis. Jessabelle, Jessabelle, wherefore art thou, Jessabelle? Deny thy family and refuse thy name; or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a super.” The girl gave a little spin atop the ball of her foot, poorly emulating a dainty princess ballerina, before she lost her balance. She caught herself in time and straightened back up, her facial expression hardening back to its usual smarmy glower as she turned to her new conversational partner. Though her smirk stayed, it was obvious that she was not pleased with the boy’s presence when she finally recognised to whom she was speaking to.

Her tone did nothing to hide the fact either. If anything, it only served to worsen it. Though it wasn’t dripping with acid, it was almost dismissive. “Oh. It’s just you, toy boy. Hope you found Mary.” That was lame. Even she knew it was lame. Maybe it could be lame enough to convince the boy to leave her alone. Conversations were a thing that she found difficult to hold, especially casual ones. Flirting and jeering were her fortes, not idle chit chat. That was what she wanted to believe anyway. She just didn’t want him to thank her, or expect her to thank him, because the former would only just lead to her having to force herself to grin and thank him, and the latter would only lead to her trying to pry the teeth out of his head by hand, which was an act that her PR manager would probably classify as ‘gross misconduct’ and ‘you probably shouldn’t do that’.

Uhm, right, so, I’m just gonna go? Right now?” Jamie glanced behind her, and took a few steps back. “Cuz, you know, classes are startin’ or whatever. Wouldn’t that be a riot if I were truant to one. Anyway, catch ya later, toyboy.” She spun halfway, and finished her turn about several metres away across the hallway, and vanished around the corner.

She stepped into the school yard, and almost at once thought to get reacquainted with her latch. Right in the centre was what seemed to be a metal death trap, and several destroyed mannequins lying forlornly on the ground. She supposed it was several anyway. There were too many pieces of them to discern just how many there originally were. The staff member she had seen earlier at the gates was excitedly chatting away to the two students who had already arrived, both of whom she did not recognise. She twisted her cap around, the brim now behind her, and dug her hands into her pockets as she sauntered down to the...teacher, she supposed. She didn’t know what she should call them. She doubted that they had actual genuine teaching licenses. Tutors, then?

She shook her head. This wasn’t time for a vocabulary lesson. She came up beside the 6 foot tall girl, and restrained herself from making a ‘tall glass of water’ joke. “Jamie Bishop, reporting for…”Jamie thought for a moment, then continued, exasperation hanging onto every last word, “Collateral Damage and You.” She gave a pointed glance in the direction of the death dealing machine and whistled. “Though I don’t suppose this ain't Baby Villain’s First Death Traps 101?

@Gus

@Teh Frixz

@Necessity4Fun

@RemainingQuestions

"Larry" the Groundskeeper

Mood: Annoyed

With: Avecca / In the chatrooms with Penelope

@Teh Frixz@welian

How crude. For someone possessing such advanced technology, her response was rather elementary. She irked him. She wasn't taking this seriously. How many people had come down to talk to her already? Surely not more than four. But obviously, they hadn't done anything to her. They couldn't have. There'd be legal issues. Larry, however, was different. Sentient or not, you couldn't file a lawsuit. Not like this ghost would be able to get a lawyer anyways. Trying to take in any percentage of the information needed for legal battles would surely destroy her mind.

But then, she continued. More worthless nonsense came splattering out of her mouth. Absolutely worthle- False Prophet? War God? Raguel? Larry directed his full attention to her, and he was sure the lab techs back home that were always watching Larry's vision were as well. Maybe even Gergo himself. 

“Have you heard of our lord and savior Raguel?”

Lord and savior. "I see Raguel is aiming for biblical status. He's got a long way to go, and many more to kill, before he reaches the level of God." Larry straightened up for a moment, but quickly resumed his downward gaze, focusing intently on the pale creature in front of him. "But for convenience sake, let's say I haven't heard of Raguel. Let's say I know nothing about the Knights of Raguel, either. And let's say, for your own well-being, that you, currently, are not connected to them in any way. What can you tell me about this Raguel?" 

"xXSaltmistressXx" was certainly trying to live up to her name. As much as Larry would've liked to try and keep his attentions divided, it just couldn't be done. Larry was pretty upset with the whole situation going on with Avecca, and his annoyance carried over.

"I'll bring you some shitty McDonald's when you ask for it politely. I won't be responding for a bit due to a current...interrogation session with someone. Take me stepping out as a victory if it helps you get off faster, freak."

"Larry has left the chatroom."

He would be back, though. Sooner, rather than later. Hopefully.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]Eve K. Knox[/COLOR]

Eve waited. She did. Her patience as much as the guy's who is writing this post is running thin. It's already the third time he needs to write the post because the text editor is glitching. It would seem that the time spent in the hospital had given Eve a new ability. One to blend in so well with the environment that not even Mr. Swan or Janus could notice her standing near the gates. That or simply the posts from earlier were skipped. Either way, we're moving on. 

She decided to march forward through the crowd of reporters. Marianne had entered the lobby and she thought it would be best if she did the same. Not even half-way through the crowd of reporters, she was faced with an obvious question: "Why are you wearing a mask?" She stopped and looked at the person who asked and pulled down her bandana along with her aviators.

"Because I was a victim of the attack." She replied promptly. A mixture of shock, surprise, and disgust was thrown at her, but before any of them could question her further she continued. "I believe others have already have done a better job that I can... If you'll excuse me I have a schedule to meet." And just like that, she vanished, heading straight for the contraption in the school yard. Before opening the doors to the school yard she heard an obscure voice call out "Floofersnoof". She stopped, thought about it and just went on with her business. As she opened the doors her arms started playing Without Me by Eminem. It was incredibly dated... and fitting. Eve extended her arms and paced forward and started singing loudly with Slim Shady.

"Guess who's back? Back again! Eve is back! Tell a friend!"

"Now, this looks like a job for me! So everybody! Just follow me! Cause we need a little controversy! Cause it feels so empty without me!"

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha Crane, Luci Tolbert, Jamie Bishop, and EVE KNOX!!!

Mood: Best. Day. Ever.

@s @Teh Frixz, @RemainingQuestions, @simj22, @Aldur

To his credit, Aaron realized his mistake almost immediately. Tabitha seemed to positively wilt at the thought of using her powers. Totally understandable, given the events at the zoo. She probably wanted to forget all about that, and in retrospect, he should not have asked her to go first. On reflection though, what better place to start? He had spent his whole life running from his powers, and what good had that ever done? She just needed a little

Aaron was pretty sure that was not the next thing he was going to think.

Ah. Morgan Brahn, of course. Well, he supposed, best to roll with it. “That would be our Morgan, in case either of you thought you were losing your minds. Startled me as well. Seems we all have difficulties controlling our powers.”

He turned to Luci, asked him to step back a second, and hunkered down next to Tabitha, tried to meet her eyes. In low gentle tones, he murmured to her:

Tabitha. I get having doubts. I do. You have no idea how much. My powers activated on my sixth birthday. I am told I brought down a building. Killed 17 people, including my mom and dad. I don't remember any of that, which I suppose is a mercy. I have been terrified my entire life to use my power, and spent most of my adult life in seclusion. I have thought seriously about returning to it. But I can't. Do you know why?”

He paused, catching himself looking at the ground, afraid to look at her. He shook it off and tried to catch her eye again. Had she glanced up, or was that his imagination? He stared at her, willing her to meet his gaze.

The world needs all of us to do the best we can do to make it better. Because if we don't, it will just keep getting worse. This is a law of nature. Things break down all on their own, but fixing things takes work. And sometimes fixing things is dangerous for people like us. We need to exercise the utmost control. It is hard. It takes practice. But it won't ever get better if we hide from it. We can't ever grow if we pretend we don't need to do so. I know you can do this. Get yourself situated under those tarps and get ready to grow. If you feel you need a safety, throw the steel cable across your shoulders and I will hold the loose ends down to help you know when to stop. I really think you'll know, though. Just stop when the tarp toga fits.”

He stood up, and turned to see Jamie had arrived. Didn't quite catch what she had said, but given the smirk, he expected she meant it to be funny. He smiled weakly, trying to play along. “Hello, Jamie. We're doing some practical work today. Rescuing civilians from simulated falling debris. Hoping to do full on controlled building demolitions next week, but we're starting with this contraption for now. Tabitha is going first today, would you like to go second?”

Before she could answer, music began blaring across the grounds. Asher? No, the beat was too strong. Only one person Aaron knew had the raw power to vibrate his eardrums quite like that. He spun to face the school, beaming like a cheshire cat.

EVE. KNOX!” he shouted over the growing noise, “WELCOME BACK! SO GLAD YOU COULD FINALLY JOIN US! LOOK WHAT I BUILT FOR OUR CLASS TODAY!”

Tabitha

Outside 108

Teachers and students

"We can't ever grow if we pretend we don't need to do so" 

He was right. He really was. It sounded like the stuff her dad had told her when she started showing signs of her power and how she would just hide in their old basement. She wanted nothing more than to pretend she didn't exist, like the world didn't need her for any reason at all. But Mr. Mallory was basically needing her to do this right now. Her parents said they needed her. They needed her at that mall. They needed a better her at the zoo. She knew she could have done better and maybe that was part of the reason why she wanted to be reprimanded so badly for what had happened. If someone had to slap her out of it, maybe that someone could be her sometimes. She looks up again, a couple tears sneaking out of her eyes as she gets up while Mr. Mallory turned away to talk to some students coming up and skitters under the tarps, tossing her stuff out from under it. The tarp and the space under it was bitter cold, but Tabby wasn't shivering from the chill. Her heart was pounding even as she squeezed the last of her tears out and thought about what Mr. Mallory said. 

"Just stop when the tarp toga fits.”

Why hadn't anyone told her something like that before? It was always clinical things. 25' foot, 30 foot, 100'. It was hard to feel a height you weren't all the time. But she knew what clothes fit like, or at least close enough considering her habit of wearing them loose. Concentrating on the feeling of the rough tarp against her body, she closes her eyes. Rapidly she feels the ground dropping out from beneath her, the air feeling warmer as she keeps going until the tarps pull against her. She exhales and opens her eyes. Classmates and teachers alike suddenly much smaller as she took a deep breath. Even the technical experts would have been proud, twenty seven feet tall. Only a little bit off. There was none of the strain she felt when taller, her mind felt clearer and with none of the dizziness or pain. 

She smiles, making sure the toga was covering everything and pulling it down a bit on her body before cracking a little smile. Even over the boisterous yelling of the teachers, her small voice was amplified. "Is this okay?"  

Page M. 

page morgan with bag.jpg

@: General Area: @Teh Frixz @Aldur @Ghost @welian

Interactions: @ViAdvena @St Sunny

Location: Inside Facility 108 Gate > Faculty Lounge > Front Office

Standing inside the gate, Page removed the lime colored scarf and pulled back on her normal glasses. Kyle did fairly well, the very least he was not cornered for an interview. Granted, most of the reports equipment was shot now. Plus, given the time, most of them would likely pack up and head off to get ready for the 5 o'clock news. Maybe one or two would say behind for live feeds.

Page reclaimed the box of baked goods, she had handed off and opened it to offer Kyle a donut, just as a golden ball of fur went by.

"You did good, kid," she offered a smile.

"Well, that went pretty good...Good idea,uh, Page. Soo w-Is that a dog?"

"Uhhhh."

Page watched as the canine tackled a student. Judging by its backpack, she assumed it was a service dog. That was her assumption right up until the damn thing talked, "Yep, that was Aegis for you." She watched the others file in for the afternoon classes. In the mean time, Swan, a student and Eve had given their two cents to the masses at the gate that now seemed to be dispersing. They had gotten their pound of flesh, now to edit it for the buzz words they needed. 

Page puffed up both cheeks then slowly released the breath,"Whelp, I have about two weeks of work to catch up on."

On that note, she was off. Heading toward the main building, she passed through the lobby. The lobby was rather full, Page side stepped Marianne only to get a furry tail to the face from Isabella Chase, the feline student. After an awkward, "Excuse me," Page slipped past a few more students and disappeared down the hallway. Stepping into the faculty lounge, Page set both boxes of baked goods on the counter top and flipped open the lids. Hopefully, the staff would like her peace offering. Taking a maple bar topped with bacon and a small cinnamon roll, she worked to balance them on a freshly poured cup of coffee.

Luckily, Page did not have to balance it for long. Only heading one room over, she slipped into the front office. There, her desk in the back, was piled high with unfiled paperwork. Staring at the files stacked a half foot high in her inbox, Page slowly set down her coffee and treats.

"This is going to be a very long day."

Why the heck had they let her come in late? She was going to be here all night! Mumbling under her breath, Page flicked on the ancient computer, letting it warm up as she got started on the pile.

Kendrick Haywood

10340522_by_necessity4fun-da53j6l.jpg

Location: AEGIS Facility 108 - Entrance >> First Aid Training Classroom
People Around: Cap-girl, everyone else who is in the lobby >> No one, again.
Interactions:
@simj22
Today's Toys: TedPandoraSpiral
SparklesAsinelli and Garisenda (two of the white towers)

-playing with cellphone-
So, if that's not supposed to go there, then...

Following the Human Domino, Mr. Mallory, the security lady and Marianne each at their own turns, talked to the reporters, trying bring the annoying swarm back to reason. Their equipment had been cast aside, it's possible someone else had already took care of it, STILL, the insisting crowd was still there, slowly scattering and going back to whatever hole they came from, but not leaving as fast as Kendrick would like them to.

The boy had taken a glance at what was happening beyond the gates, while the cap girl let out some Shakespeare lines in her own rendition. Wasn't Jessabelle the sniper's name though?

He let out a soft sigh. As much as he'd love to drag Cap-girl back to reality, he opted instead for waiting and watching, until she finally realized who was talking to her:

"Yes I did. Actually, She just made quite the speech right there by the entrance. If you would just turn... around...", Kendrick replied with an unkind remark. The fact that this girl seemed to live on Neverland 24/7 was starting to get on his nerves.

Another sigh. No, he had to apologize here, not start a fight. TRYING being the right word since he didn't have a nick of idea of how to say it properly. Just saying 'sorry for the rant on commonwealth' wouldn't cut it, would it?

However, before he could even start to think about something, the girl mentioned class time and turned around to leave. The teenager, who had been trying really hard to not lose his temper, now frustrated that his apology attempt had been interrupted, flinched at being called 'toyboy' again, first time he had let it pass, but AGAIN? She didn't even thought about asking his name! He had never given her any permission pertaining nicknames... 

"Hey! I did NOT ALLOW you to call me THAT. My name is KENDRICK HAYWOOD. Use it properly you, bloody RUNAWAY!"

And with that, the cap wearing girl disappeared inside the building, leaving a flustered, annoyed and also confused Kendrick behind. It was possible he had been completely ignored. He was about to growl in anger when something else interrupted him:

The voice that interrupted his thoughts had said such a dumb thing! Kendrick just laughed at it:

"Oh, I most certainly did...", he kept laughing at the boy's voice that rang through his mind.

The teenager had a faint idea of who that voice belonged to. The poor boy had accidentally made a fool of himself, but to speak the truth, Kendrick was glad he had did so. It put him back on a lighter mood, certainly a better mood to watch classes at, as opposite to being irritated and bored out of his mind.

Speaking of classes... according to his phone, he was already a couple minutes late!

Holding Ted  -who had managed to stay on his shoulder despite not holding down or anything, since the boy's focus wasn't on it anymore- on his arms, he dashed across the lobby, towards the Infirmary, entered the building and only stopped when he reached the First Aid classroom.

Which unexpectedly...was still empty.

Why was he even surprised? This is AEGIS, as if in opposition to his school where everyone was strictly punctual, here, even the teachers managed to show up late to their own classes. Well, there IS a barrage of reporters outside, guess they have a reason this time.

He chose one of the chairs in the third row, by the wall closer to the door and sat Ted on top of it. Kendrick could feel the boredom catching up to him and in a attempt to avoid it, he picked the cellphone out of his pocket and fiddled with it. He still had one, now two, emails from his dad to read. A fierce pop-up notification had come to bother him, but all it got was the cold shoulder.

Instead, the boy swapped screens and clicked a monochrome game icon that read 'Picross'. Though simple looking, he had to admit it was becoming quite challenging to complete the levels, also, he was bored, anything that could keep his attention out of just waiting right now would be very welcome.

And thus there he was, playing with his phone in a deserted room, as Ted sat on his desk looking elsewhere.

Kendrick was sure he had already picked the wrong spots for the '6 4 2' command on the last column of level 27, the red exclamation point warned him that these did not line properly with the row orders. Time to start thinking about solutions for that...

img.ipsImageKendrick {
display: block;
margin: auto;
width: 30%;
height: 30%;
}
p.kendrick {
margin: 15px;
float: left;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-left: 5px;
width: 380px;
height: 260px;
background-color: cornflowerblue;
border-radius: 3px;
border-style: double;
border-width: 5px;
border-color: steelblue;
overflow: auto;
}

Cherie-Amour Williams

Mood: Shocked

Cherie just looked on in shock during Danny's tirade. He spat hateful and crude language at the teachers who were probably just as surprised as she was. A dark crimson line outlined the boy's body through her vision and she could feel the anger radiating from him.

She still tried to listen to what he was saying and found his words interesting. She had a feeling that he was not there to see what really happened. He spoke like and outsider: someone who got the information on the attack from secondary sources. He basically insulted the people who tried to do what was best at the time. Yeah, it did not work so well, but no plan survives contact with the enemy.

"I understand why you're upset," the girl turned to Danny. She took a deep breath before continuing. "I wish the other teachers did better than what they actually did. However, speaking as someone who was there, no one knew what was going to happen next. I guess it seemed to be the best thing to do at the time. Thinking about it now, it may have been better just to call the police or something. If it ever happens next time, I think the right choice will be made."

She did not really know whether that would calm him down; he looked like would actively attack Nike since she was right in front of him. It was not much so hopefully he could back off just a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back