• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Engranussian Younger Years (CLOSED)

Lore
Here
"As long as it makes you happy. " Masaru then blinked as he looked at the fishes

Lucian smiled at the aquarium. "Fishes! "

"Oh, don't worry, any confirmation to my beliefs does... most of the time. 's probably the drop in my sanity over the years but eeeeh." Dei-Loki shrugged before also looking to the fishes - stopping at the door.

"There's so many!" Malvo gasped and ooed, quickly heading over to one of the smaller tanks.

"Oh, don't worry, any confirmation to my beliefs does... most of the time. 's probably the drop in my sanity over the years but eeeeh." Dei-Loki shrugged before also looking to the fishes - stopping at the door.

"There's so many!" Malvo gasped and ooed, quickly heading over to one of the smaller tanks.
Masaru let out a whine as he looked to Dei.

Lucian nodded "probably even more than last time! "

Masaru let out a whine as he looked to Dei.

Lucian nodded "probably even more than last time! "

Dei-Loki blinked a few times at the whine, inhaling and then exhaling with a loud sigh. "Go ahead. Just make sure no one sees ya." He gestured over to the one area that wasn't swarmed by people. "I've got a backup plan if they do, but I'd rather not need t'do it unless completely necessary."

"I didn't even think that was possible!" Malvo exclaimed, looking at the tropical fish in awe. "So beautiful..."

Dei-Loki blinked a few times at the whine, inhaling and then exhaling with a loud sigh. "Go ahead. Just make sure no one sees ya." He gestured over to the one area that wasn't swarmed by people. "I've got a backup plan if they do, but I'd rather not need t'do it unless completely necessary."

"I didn't even think that was possible!" Malvo exclaimed, looking at the tropical fish in awe. "So beautiful..."
Masaru then immediately disappeared into the people and then came back a few minutes later, licking his last finger clean. "I love aquariums."

Lucian nodded, watching her. "It definitely is. Ready to go see the rays?"

Masaru then immediately disappeared into the people and then came back a few minutes later, licking his last finger clean. "I love aquariums."

Lucian nodded, watching her. "It definitely is. Ready to go see the rays?"

Dei-Loki quirked a brow as he heard Masaru return, smirking from the comment while still keeping a close eye on his sister and Lucian. "Satisfied?"

Malvo looked away from the fishes before then glancing to Lucian with a small smile as she nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Dei-Loki quirked a brow as he heard Masaru return, smirking from the comment while still keeping a close eye on his sister and Lucian. "Satisfied?"

Malvo looked away from the fishes before then glancing to Lucian with a small smile as she nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready."
Masaru nodded, "very much so. They just serve their fishes so nicely at places like these. I guess love and care are actual ingredients for fine dishes."

Lucian then pointed straight ahead, "to the stingrays!"

Masaru nodded, "very much so. They just serve their fishes so nicely at places like these. I guess love and care are actual ingredients for fine dishes."

Lucian then pointed straight ahead, "to the stingrays!"

Dei-Loki snickered, nodding to that. "'s what makes mam's swordfish so good."

Malvo grinned, beginning to march in said direction while fixing her backpack. "Wish I brought my camera."

Dei-Loki snickered, nodding to that. "'s what makes mam's swordfish so good."

Malvo grinned, beginning to march in said direction while fixing her backpack. "Wish I brought my camera."
"I can believe it. She has a lot of love, even for me which is extremely weird."

"Wanna use mine?"

"I can believe it. She has a lot of love, even for me which is extremely weird."

"Wanna use mine?"

"Can ya blame her, though? I mean, y'were considerate enough t' help our family - PLUS, ya liked her cooking! That's two stars on the good noodle board." Dei-Loki smiled, following Lucian and Malvo.

Malvo raised her brows at this, looking to Lucian. "Can I?"

"Can ya blame her, though? I mean, y'were considerate enough t' help our family - PLUS, ya liked her cooking! That's two stars on the good noodle board." Dei-Loki smiled, following Lucian and Malvo.

Malvo raised her brows at this, looking to Lucian. "Can I?"
Masaru smiled softly at that, "I guess so. Just feels like i have to pay her somehow."

"Sure." He took his camera out and handed it to her.

Masaru smiled softly at that, "I guess so. Just feels like i have to pay her somehow."

"Sure." He took his camera out and handed it to her.

"Well, yer my guard, so keepin' her kid safe and out of the claws of a greedy fockin' dragon among other things is a start, right?" Dei-Loki asked.

Malvo took the camera, nodding in thanks before she made her way closer to the sting rays. "I'll make copies f'r ya, if ya want?"

"Well, yer my guard, so keepin' her kid safe and out of the claws of a greedy fockin' dragon among other things is a start, right?" Dei-Loki asked.

Malvo took the camera, nodding in thanks before she made her way closer to the sting rays. "I'll make copies f'r ya, if ya want?"
"You do have a point. Alright then."

"Please, i would like that a lot."

Dei-Loki grinned. "So, there ya go."

Malvo flashed a somewhat sweet smile, stopping at the tank. "I will, then."
"Still . . . i need to give her something. And that's such a weird sentence for me to say."

"Then take as many pictures as you wish, madam Malvo." He bowed.

"Still . . . i need to give her something. And that's such a weird sentence for me to say."

"Then take as many pictures as you wish, madam Malvo." He bowed.

"'s even weirder hearin' it." Dei-Loki blinked a few times. "I completely understand though. Ya feel like yer in debt, right?"

Malvo blinked a few times at this, blushing faintly before she shook her head. "No wonder why ya follow me around all the time. I'm apparently a dork magnet."

"'s even weirder hearin' it." Dei-Loki blinked a few times. "I completely understand though. Ya feel like yer in debt, right?"

Malvo blinked a few times at this, blushing faintly before she shook her head. "No wonder why ya follow me around all the time. I'm apparently a dork magnet."
Masaru nodded, "big debt. No one acts nice to me unless they want something. That's how the world works. So when i find people like your Mom, i feel like i owe her a lot."

Lucian blushed as well, scratching the back of his head as he stood up. "Am I a dork?"

Masaru nodded, "big debt. No one acts nice to me unless they want something. That's how the world works. So when i find people like your Mom, i feel like i owe her a lot."

Lucian blushed as well, scratching the back of his head as he stood up. "Am I a dork?"

"Yeah, I..." He sighed, nodding. "I definitely know the feeling."

(Settin' up for story tiiiime.)

Malvo quirked a brow at this, smirking. "Yeah, you're pretty dorky."

(XD WOO)
"Care to go on?"

Lucian smiled, "do you like . . that about me?"

Dei-Loki gave a sad smile in response to the question, simply closing his eyes as he tucked his thumbs into his pockets. "I'm... in debt t' that whole family, really." He moved his thumb along the pads of his fingers, tracing each black mark that overtook his fingerprints, yet remained hidden beneath his gloves. He'd then clench said hand into a tight fist before staring off at nothing; starting with a simple question. "How much did my dad tell ya about why I needed a guard?"

Malvo paused at this as that feeling came to a boil again, her gaze moving away. The awkward female would then do her best to suppress the knee-jerk reaction of violence. "I-I mean, it's not a bad thing. I don't mind it -- But it's not like I find that side or yer charming side attractive or anything!"

(MALVO YOU'RE KILLING MEEE.)

Dei-Loki gave a sad smile in response to the question, simply closing his eyes as he tucked his thumbs into his pockets. "I'm... in debt t' that whole family, really." He moved his thumb along the pads of his fingers, tracing each black mark that overtook his fingerprints, yet remained hidden beneath his gloves. He'd then clench said hand into a tight fist before staring off at nothing; starting with a simple question. "How much did my dad tell ya about why I needed a guard?"

Malvo paused at this as that feeling came to a boil again, her gaze moving away. The awkward female would then do her best to suppress the knee-jerk reaction of violence. "I-I mean, it's not a bad thing. I don't mind it -- But it's not like I find that side or yer charming side attractive or anything!"

(MALVO YOU'RE KILLING MEEE.)
"Not a lot. Just what happened to your last one and that you need one."

"Well as long as it's not a abd thing then>""

"Not a lot. Just what happened to your last one and that you need one."

"Well as long as it's not a abd thing then>""

(F E E L S W A R N I N G.)

"I'll give ya the full run-down." Dei-Loki exhaled through his nose once, the noise audible and stressful sounding as he gently brought his hand to the pendant around his neck - choosing to feel the metal instead of the pain in his fingertips. "I wanna say it was when I was... six. Yeah, six, because it's after I got the necklace around my neck." He bit his lip gently towards the lingering memory. "I was, in a sense, sold t' the fallen king of Shadowheim in exchange f'r information. Not by mam and dad, surely, but... by Loki. Of course, he didn't even bother to come and get me in person, but from what I learned later is he pledged my allegiance to Scáth - the fallen king I mentioned earlier. And that scaley fock sent two of his men t'come and get Malvo and I." He glanced in his sister's direction while keeping his backstory going that had been just loud enough for Masaru's ears only. "They wanted the 'blessing' of the Corruption so their soldiers would be strong enough to rival the Light Kingdom's own. And, after nearly killing my dad with a silver bullet, well... they succeeded with phase one. That's where the second debt lays. If I wasn't living with them, if dad hadn't jumped in the way t' save my life, it woulda saved him so much pain..."

A shake of Dei's head had been his next move. "I know he's the Dire Wolf Devil and all, but Maker's fockin' breath that doesn't make that man invincible when it comes t' weaknesses, not even Gods because even they can be killed." His fists trembled. "Seein' him fall made me sick t' my stomach, and that draconic would have gave him another bullet between the eyes if I didn't slip out of Uncle Grizzly's hold and step in the way. I was a smart enough kid back then t' realise that I was no good t' them dead, and so my sacrifice saved my dad's life. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And even if it was foolish of me, it was... a life f'r a life. Gods, I can still hear my families' yells and cries." He gave a ghostly smile. "First time I ever saw my dad cry was when that draconic picked me up and left just as fast as he'd entered with the threat of an assault on our home if anyone followed us."

"From there, I was brought to the south of Shadowheim - where Scáth had been hiding out with his men. I was brought before the fallen king of shadows, a dragon of pure legend, greed. The only dragon that could stomach ingesting Blighters, and whom once held enough power to battle the Maker, himself. Horrifyingly magnificent. He then did this big speech to his men about 'the new dusk'. Y'know, the whole 'we'll make a new world, take back what's ours' spiel. Then he turned to me, approached and pressed a claw t' the mark on my chest and I... I fucking felt like I was on fire. The rest of this is spotty, but the parts I do remember are being bitten in the arm by this dragon, writhing in pain and then waking up in a cell with Dom--" He painfully closed his eyes. "Dominic... 's how I met him. He was stuck in the Shadow March, as well. F'r different reasons rather than my own, obviously, but all with the same desired outcome. We were all pawns in that dragon's army; I was just more important, I guess, as Scáth wasn't as forceful with me, compared to the other children that were forced t' become soldiers, as well. He treated me like his son, I guess I could say. At least to an extent."

"We were forced to battle Blighters as practice to make sure the ritual each and every one of us went through worked. Some children lived, and some... didn't..." While releasing another sigh, Dei still continued on despite how long this was already. His God apologizes. "S... So many bodies littered the already red soil. Just... so many... And all children ranging from 6 to 16. Dominic and I were the lucky ones. Even with Scáth's General's relentless training, we made it through. Though... then came what finally tipped me over the edge." He really wished he could sneak off and smoke, at this point. Whether his weed, or cigarettes. But he couldn't. He was stuck there being jittery and agitated.

"Earlier in this, I told y' that Scáth was also after my sister. And Malvo's capture was what awakened in me something that I hadn't shown since the day I slaughtered the Phantomfangs. Buile Madra. Or Mad Dog, if y'r Mákrish knowledge fails y'. I was called t' the throne room, and I found him standing beside Malvo, who'd been writhing in pain with blood slipping from her mouth and nose. That fucking bastard did t' Malvy what he did t' me and the rest. He gave her the Dragon Bond, effectively making her a Shadow Warden. B... But she... she wasn't... taking t' the Dragon and Blighter blood well... and this... fucking dragon... had the nerve t' approach me and tell me that this was my final path t' proven loyalty. H... He wanted me t'... kill her. And, what's worse is, because of the Dragon Bond, I had almost no control over anything. If I didn't have a good enough grasp on the reins, just enough t' direct my path t' the guards at the last second, I-I still believe that I could've-"

Dei-Loki stopped himself with a growl while his fists clenched. He skipped ahead in the story. "I went after Scáth after mangling several guards, but he sent me flying int' the stone wall behind the throne and I blacked out. The last thing I remember from that was I had been thrashing about in mama's arms, and she refused to let me go. Even with me coated in blood. Even with the dragon-like pupils I had at the time, with black veins on my face and neck and the whites of my eyes blacker than the darkest fucking soul. The monster I had become was something my mother had the ability t' tame, no matter how much I screamed, or even the amount of times I bit and scratched her. She still... hung on."

"From there, we left f'r home and my dad made sure t' do everything he could t' power a barrier around our home, just to ward off dragons. However, my... my eyes didn't return normal f'r a while, and Malvo was hospitalized f'r a month or so and that didn't help at all. Plus, with the Dragon Bond, Scáth could see through my own eyes, and even preform actions through me, at times. I t... I almost ended up killing them all, and I hate t' say it but if not f'r the White Coat known as Philip, I... I might've. With his profession in mythological and the supernatural as it is, he was able to at least place a ward in my mind that kept that dragon out of it. So, even though I'm still a Dragon Bonded Shadow Warden, the Shadow March claims me no more. Then there was that whole other incident with the fucking white coats wanting to mimic what Scáth did t' create super soldiers with my own energy, but that's a story f'r another time. My point is, they've saved me... again. And again, and again, and again. And I just... don't understand how they could love something that's tried t' kill them all, or put them in harms way more times than I can fucking remember. I owe my life t' them all. I owe my life and so much fucking more."

Dei-Loki finally looked up, squinting to the distance before glancing to Masaru. "And that's what made me decide to enlist. I've got blood in me that keeps me immune t' the Blight, and if I don't use my skills t' fucking protect the ones that time and time again had my fucking back even though I didn't deserve it, then what fucking good am I? I can't just fucking sit here while Blighters still roam, even if there hasn't been any major attacks in a while. I get up early in the morning, I train, I push myself well beyond my limits just t' fill a bottomless pit of debt that holds no hope of being cleared. I don't know what the future holds, but because I know of my biological parent Loki, and because I've seen the snake's tricks... I know it won't end on a happy note. But I do know where my loyalty forever lies, and anyone that even thinks of touching my family will have that thought replaced by a knife through the skull as that... is the least I can do for the ones with their necks out constantly. And I won't let the Order, Scáth's men or even the fucking All Father himself stop me from this. They're all scared of my fockin' capability, anyways, so they can try and hold me back all they like. Just means I've got more fockin' lives t' take."

(There is SOOO much Adrian in this boy. You can clearly tell that he's Adrian's kid. xD )

"Told ya it wasn't bad." Malvo remarked, quickly taking a picture of the sting ray.

Last edited:
(F E E L S W A R N I N G.)

"I'll give ya the full run-down." Dei-Loki exhaled through his nose once, the noise audible and stressful sounding as he gently brought his hand to the pendant around his neck - choosing to feel the metal instead of the pain in his fingertips. "I wanna say it was when I was... six. Yeah, six, because it's after I got the necklace around my neck." He bit his lip gently towards the lingering memory. "I was, in a sense, sold t' the fallen king of Shadowheim in exchange f'r information. Not by mam and dad, surely, but... by Loki. Of course, he didn't even bother to come and get me in person, but from what I learned later is he pledged my allegiance to Scáth - the fallen king I mentioned earlier. And that scaley fock sent two of his men t'come and get Malvo and I." He glanced in his sister's direction while keeping his backstory going that had been just loud enough for Masaru's ears only. "They wanted the 'blessing' of the Corruption so their soldiers would be strong enough to rival the Light Kingdom's own. And, after nearly killing my dad with a silver bullet, well... they succeeded with phase one. That's where the second debt lays. If I wasn't living with them, if dad hadn't jumped in the way t' save my life, it woulda saved him so much pain..."

A shake of Dei's head had been his next move. "I know he's the Dire Wolf Devil and all, but Maker's fockin' breath that doesn't make that man invincible when it comes t' weaknesses, not even Gods because even they can be killed." His fists trembled. "Seein' him fall made me sick t' my stomach, and that draconic would have gave him another bullet between the eyes if I didn't slip out of Uncle Grizzly's hold and step in the way. I was a smart enough kid back then t' realise that I was no good t' them dead, and so my sacrifice saved my dad's life. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And even if it was foolish of me, it was... a life f'r a life. Gods, I can still hear my families' yells and cries." He gave a ghostly smile. "First time I ever saw my dad cry was when that draconic picked me up and left just as fast as he'd entered with the threat of an assault on our home if anyone followed us."

"From there, I was brought to the south of Shadowheim - where Scáth had been hiding out with his men. I was brought before the fallen king of shadows, a dragon of pure legend, greed. The only dragon that could stomach ingesting Blighters, and whom once held enough power to battle the Maker, himself. Horrifyingly magnificent. He then did this big speech to his men about 'the new dusk'. Y'know, the whole 'we'll make a new world, take back what's ours' spiel. Then he turned to me, approached and pressed a claw t' the mark on my chest and I... I fucking felt like I was on fire. The rest of this is spotty, but the parts I do remember are being bitten in the arm by this dragon, writhing in pain and then waking up in a cell with Dom--" He painfully closed his eyes. "Dominic... 's how I met him. He was stuck in the Shadow March, as well. F'r different reasons rather than my own, obviously, but all with the same desired outcome. We were all pawns in that dragon's army; I was just more important, I guess, as Scáth wasn't as forceful with me, compared to the other children that were forced t' become soldiers, as well. He treated me like his son, I guess I could say. At least to an extent."

"We were forced to battle Blighters as practice to make sure the ritual each and every one of us went through worked. Some children lived, and some... didn't..." While releasing another sigh, Dei still continued on despite how long this was already. His God apologizes. "S... So many bodies littered the already red soil. Just... so many... And all children ranging from 6 to 16. Dominic and I were the lucky ones. Even with Scáth's General's relentless training, we made it through. Though... then came what finally tipped me over the edge." He really wished he could sneak off and smoke, at this point. Whether his weed, or cigarettes. But he couldn't. He was stuck there being jittery and agitated.

"Earlier in this, I told y' that Scáth was also after my sister. And Malvo's capture was what awakened in me something that I hadn't shown since the day I slaughtered the Phantomfangs. Buile Madra. Or Mad Dog, if y'r Mákrish knowledge fails y'. I was called t' the throne room, and I found him standing beside Malvo, who'd been writhing in pain with blood slipping from her mouth and nose. That fucking bastard did t' Malvy what he did t' me and the rest. He gave her the Dragon Bond, effectively making her a Shadow Warden. B... But she... she wasn't... taking t' the Dragon and Blighter blood well... and this... fucking dragon... had the nerve t' approach me and tell me that this was my final path t' proven loyalty. H... He wanted me t'... kill her. And, what's worse is, because of the Dragon Bond, I had almost no control over anything. If I didn't have a good enough grasp on the reins, just enough t' direct my path t' the guards at the last second, I-I still believe that I could've-"

Dei-Loki stopped himself with a growl while his fists clenched. He skipped ahead in the story. "I went after Scáth after mangling several guards, but he sent me flying int' the stone wall behind the throne and I blacked out. The last thing I remember from that was I had been thrashing about in mama's arms, and she refused to let me go. Even with me coated in blood. Even with the dragon-like pupils I had at the time, with black veins on my face and neck and the whites of my eyes blacker than the darkest fucking soul. The monster I had become was something my mother had the ability t' tame, no matter how much I screamed, or even the amount of times I bit and scratched her. She still... hung on."

"From there, we left f'r home and my dad made sure t' do everything he could t' power a barrier around our home, just to ward off dragons. However, my... my eyes didn't return normal f'r a while, and Malvo was hospitalized f'r a month or so and that didn't help at all. Plus, with the Dragon Bond, Scáth could see through my own eyes, and even preform actions through me, at times. I t... I almost ended up killing them all, and I hate t' say it but if not f'r the White Coat known as Philip, I... I might've. With his profession in mythological and the supernatural as it is, he was able to at least place a ward in my mind that kept that dragon out of it. So, even though I'm still a Dragon Bonded Shadow Warden, the Shadow March claims me no more. Then there was that whole other incident with the fucking white coats wanting to mimic what Scáth did t' create super soldiers with my own energy, but that's a story f'r another time. My point is, they've saved me... again. And again, and again, and again. And I just... don't understand how they could love something that's tried t' kill them all, or put them in harms way more times than I can fucking remember. I owe my life t' them all. I owe my life and so much fucking more."

Dei-Loki finally looked up, squinting to the distance before glancing to Masaru. "And that's what made me decide to enlist. I've got blood in me that keeps me immune t' the Blight, and if I don't use my skills t' fucking protect the ones that time and time again had my fucking back even though I didn't deserve it, then what fucking good am I? I can't just fucking sit here while Blighters still roam, even if there hasn't been any major attacks in a while. I get up early in the morning, I train, I push myself well beyond my limits just t' fill a bottomless pit of debt that holds no hope of being cleared. I don't know what the future holds, but because I know of my biological parent Loki, and because I've seen the snake's tricks... I know it won't end on a happy note. But I do know where my loyalty forever lies, and anyone that even thinks of touching my family will have that thought replaced by a knife through the skull as that... is the least I can do for the ones with their necks out constantly. And I won't let the Order, Scáth's men or even the fucking All Father himself stop me from this. They're all scared of my fockin' capability, anyways, so they can try and hold me back all they like. Just means I've got more fockin' lives t' take."

(There is SOOO much Adrian in this boy. You can clearly tell that he's Adrian's kid. xD )

"Told ya it wasn't bad." Malvo remarked, quickly taking a picture of the sting ray.
(XD he is definitely Adrian's boy.)

Masaru listened intently before smiling. "Gods, sometimes i feel like i'm talking to your father when he was a young boy when i talk to you. And that's good. As long as you stand proud, no one's going to be able to put a chain around your hands and feet."

Lucian blushedd, nodding. "Right right, okay coolio."

(XD he is definitely Adrian's boy.)

Masaru listened intently before smiling. "Gods, sometimes i feel like i'm talking to your father when he was a young boy when i talk to you. And that's good. As long as you stand proud, no one's going to be able to put a chain around your hands and feet."

Lucian blushedd, nodding. "Right right, okay coolio."

Dei-Loki smiled at this, dropping the squint. "That's what I'll always do, then." He released the pendant around his neck. "And as long as the Order, as well as Scáth keep their noses out of things, I should have no problem with it."

(Feel free to toss in questions. I've got too much lore to put into all of this and not a way that makes sense in regards to doing it. xD )

Malvo softly exhaled through her nose at that, looking from the camera to Lucian as she both smiled and shook her head at the dorkiness.

Dei-Loki smiled at this, dropping the squint. "That's what I'll always do, then." He released the pendant around his neck. "And as long as the Order, as well as Scáth keep their noses out of things, I should have no problem with it."

(Feel free to toss in questions. I've got too much lore to put into all of this and not a way that makes sense in regards to doing it. xD )

Malvo softly exhaled through her nose at that, looking from the camera to Lucian as she both smiled and shook her head at the dorkiness.
"Do they usually bother you?"

Lucian smiled, "oh get the faces too. I like their smiles.'

"Do they usually bother you?"

Lucian smiled, "oh get the faces too. I like their smiles.'

"They have recently, yeah." Dei-Loki softly exhaled, glancing to the ceiling. "As it turns out, Dominic still had ties. And with his deep-seeded hatred f'r the Light Kingdom, I knew right from the get-go that hatred wasn't goin' anywhere. What I failed t' wrap my head around was the cost that came with it. Guess love truly does make y'blind."

Malvo blinked, blushing as she gently shoved Lucian. "YEP, definitely a dork."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back