• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic End Engineer OOC

Actually, that is just an accident. Originally, I had wanted to do a clockwise rotation until the wires found the right plugs, but then I confused myself and just changed it to reversing the wires :P

Besides, if I was psychic, I would have gotten them on the first try, now that would have been impressive.

Anyway, this is all a nice change from some of the other roleplays I've been doing :P In those, I was always fighting, so doing puzzles is fun.

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

So I may or may not have been receiving notifications from this thread because I didn't read one post a month back, good job me. But yeah, still here if you were wondering. Whose turn is it now?

Vulpes Vulpes Kerim Kerim Both level up, choose a stat to increase!
Spicy Serious Spicy Serious -- The three of you can discuss here who gets which part to get asap.
Note, the beam bow comes with the range chip.

One Pyro, One Cryo
Two First Range Chips
Two Beam Bows

((DD is still functional, so I will post asap))

Edit: DD will be defeated anyway so

Two Aero
Two First Speed Chips
Two Beam Boots

Last edited:
Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf Kerim Kerim Spicy Serious Spicy Serious
Just wanna quickly apologize for my last post being lacking, it's exam time for me at the moment and I just quickly wanted to get something in as not to limit anyone. I'll try to make my posts juicy when possible, but currently some of them might be pretty bad.

As for the items, could I have a pyro cannon (you can have two at any time right?) And another speed chip (how many chips can one use?)

Vulpes Vulpes Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf Kerim Kerim
Don't worry about the post, I thought it was fine. Besides if your dealing with exams right now I think you have one of the best excuses out there.

As far as items go I'm fine with Vulpes getting a speed chip and the pyro cannon. Personally I'd just like a Range Chip.

Oh and I think we can have two chips, though I don't know about the cannons.

Hey, hope no one minds me snatching the aero cannon and speed chip... if you do please don't lynch me but tell me and I'll edit it!

Just moved to Los Angeles today. Now looking for a job.
How is everyone doing? Still interested or nah?
Maybe we can start with custom made parts now?

What custom parts should be added at this point? I noticed the fight went on quite long, I can't imagine it for the rest of the roleplay. Any suggests to shorten the fight?

Not sure. Perhaps a double edged sword type of part? Maybe an Overdrive system? It could allow them to increase a specific attribute beyond it's limits. It could allow them to move beyond their Range or deal such significant damage that it causes the opponent to lose more fuel than normal per turn, beyond the amount they lose after their Shell has been damaged.

It could have a limited duration, for a couple posts or so and then afterwards, the targeted attribute drops to one or zero for a set amount of posts. If you wanted to remove the duration, you could say that it burns fuel the longer it is active.

To shorten future battles, without the Overdrive system, you could apply a new mechanic to the roleplay itself. Critical damage to joints or the possibility of damaging weapons preventing their use. Battles don't have to be just about forcing the opponent to shut down, preventing battle also works.

Which leads to another suggestion. You could possibly add in a more...diplomatic solution? Instead of fighting, the droids could have some sort of system that connects their minds. This could expand on the puzzle aspect of the roleplay and instead of depending on stats, it would depend on how smart the roleplayers were. Like a virus system. Both droids connect their minds and then play a game. The loser is reprogrammed, temporarily or permanently, and switches sides. More minds could be connected, adding insight into other emotions and adding layers to the game.

This of course would leave any connected droids extremely vulnerable to attack as they would be unable to defend themselves.

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

Still here and still interested. And while I have little to nothing to add to the conversation I will say that the whole "diplomatic" solution is very interesting.

Love your ideas! Overdrive can come at a cost, losing 4 fuel but taking away 8 from the opponent if successful.

Diplomatic solution; I can see two classes of droids emerge. One is the classic warrior, the other the psychic engineer. That really works. Puzzles as complex as if not more than the basement, interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back