• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic End Engineer OOC

Lux___Wolf

Ends of Eternity
END ENGINEER
COMBAT ANDROID RPG

O O C
Please Watch this thread!

Interest Check Link:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/end-engineer-combat-android-casual-detailed.326352/
Sign-up Link:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/end-engineer-android-sign-up.326932/
IC Link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/end-engineer-open.327644/

n4nn3tB.gif

END ENGINEER
COMBAT ANDROID RPG

100 YEARS AGO The robotics industry boomed until a criminal syndicate monopolized it.
Machines were weaponized for World War III. Everyone died. Machines won.
100 YEARS LATER NOW You emerge as an android to a silent and abundant world lost to time. You're almost but not human enough. Few feelings, you do dwell on. You don't eat. You don't sleep.
THE PARENT You look upon your maker: an automated structure that manifests androids. You stand at the top of the last human stronghold, Ancora, in a lab surrounded by unborn human babies suspended in canisters of bubbling pink water. You realize your passion for these weaklings and loyalty to the extinct race.
THE REX However, like the Parent, a growling static voice radios you. Harsh whispers boasts as the Nemesis of Man. It demands you extinguish the Parent, the unborn, and all of Ancora itself.
You are surprised to feel a strong thirst to obey the Rex. The Parent explains that the few shreds of human emotion installed in you prevent you from being controlled. This incorruptible program reminds you of right and wrong, but doesn't dictate your free will. Conflicted, you analyze the unborn babies. You feel some of what they feel.

You look out from the lone tower and see the Rex's legion move. The enemy thunders and roars with perfect malice. Their brutal silhouettes slowly crawl across vast sloped plains and jagged coasts. Ruins of former cities and four other strongholds like Ancora loom in the distance, beyond no man's land.

They're bigger. Faster. Deadlier. They're coming. Your engine purrs with a mysterious thrill. You inspect, detach, and reattach your weapons and gear. You learn of your evolutionary talents, coming to the conclusion that you were designed to grow.

You engineer how it ends.

YOU ARE THE
END ENGINEER
COMBAT ANDROID RPG

5e24e9335595f2a234960ecba8fa3219.gif

POSTING

You are an android that runs on silver and gold fuel. Silver lets you last 5 posts, and gold lets you last 10. You carry silver and gold fuels on you, max 4 each. When they run out, you shut down. A droid can give you fuel or drag you back to Ancora. The Parent has unlimited silver fuel, but gold's rare to come by. You currently have only silver. Outside the stronghold, fuel is found in droids and war chests.

This is why Sub Plots and casual posts are at the stronghold or future strongholds you conquer. If you repair the deep, wire-crossed, and mysterious Ancora, you can level up the Parent droid and unlock game-changing features. You can do this to support the Main Plot heroes without making anyone wait. No pressure!

The Main Plot is leaving the stronghold to face the Rex's legion, budgeting fuel, and conquer their strongholds. This is for hardcore posters who want to destroy final boss the Rex, and not our babies! Eek!

If you write the Main Plot, and keep active, you get rewards. If you need a break (because life) but want to casual post, write the Sub Plot in a stronghold. If you also write this really well, you get rewards.

Adventures and puzzles will require a variety of elements and modes. To make extraordinary situations, I've imposed cooldowns. You can use only 1 Seek mode and 1 Act mode per post. But Seek and Act modes may both change once per post. These 10 Seek and Act modes include:

Track SEEK - Advanced target search [Perfect for spotting secrets and irregularities.]
Scope SEEK - Microscopic or telescopic search only [Perfect for identifying detailed environments.]
Dark SEEK - Search in darkness only [But some enemies are dark and can't be seen.]
Bright SEEK - Search in brightness only [But some enemies are bright and can't be seen.]
Heat SEEK - Search sources of heat [Perfect for blizzards. But some enemies are cold and can't be seen.]
Run ACT - Better run control [Perfect for fast travel and for evading/pursuing capture.]
Climb ACT - Better climb control [Perfect for mountains and walls at any height/depth.]
Swim ACT - Better swim control [Perfect for rapids and flooded tunnels/rooms.]
Hover ACT - Better hover control [Perfect for gliding over huge crevasses and even falling.]
Combat ACT - Better combat control. [Perfect for enemy encounter and breaking doors.]
[Track SEEK and Run ACT are Default.]
CANNONS & CHIPS
The Parent droid is limited. Cannons and chips are sparse and rare to come by. Both are also found in droids and war chests. To conserve resources, the Parent endows each android lacking a cannon and a chip only. If you find yourself in Ancora without any, see the Parent droid in your post.

Note: You can hold up to 2 cannons of any element. The Parent droid gives you 1. If both cannons share 1 element, you are immune to that element. Same goes for your enemy if their cannons link. (If both cannons do not link 1 element, you don't get immunity.) You can have the same elements as your friends but the key to exploration and survival will depend on a variety of elements. In other words, don't get stuck mid-quest!

Pyro CANNON - Deals damage of fire.
Cryo CANNON - Deals damage of ice.
Aero CANNON - Deals damage of wind.
Geo CANNON - Deals damage of stone.
Kero CANNON - Deals damage of lightning.

You can hold up to 2 chips. The Parent droid gives you 1.
Chips add to your stats according to rank. First means 1 point, Second means 2, and so on.

Power CHIP - Adds to your Power stat. More power means more damage and critical hits you can land.
Shell CHIP - Adds to your Shell stat. More shell means more damage and critical hits you can block.
Speed CHIP - Adds to your Speed stat. More speed means more priority for your attacks, blocks, and dodges.
Range CHIP - Adds to your Range stat. More range means more distance for your attacks, blocks, and dodges.
tumblr_nvr8i80Gpc1s5laego1_500.gif

large.gif

ANCORA
The Final Stronghold

The only human-friendly android-operated city left
manifested by the Parent Droid to secure the Unborn.
city-views-skyscrapers-animated-gif-1.gif

CHAPTER I
ANCORA FIELDS
Travel Time: 48 Hours

Vast grooved fields and snaky roads totally surround
Ancora, spreading out for miles.
2-riau-plantation.jpg

CHAPTER II
SPERO VALLEY

Wilder lands oft caught in mysterious fog
made by the monumental mountains.
16419054.gif

CHAPTER III
SPERO RUINS
Explore Time: 24 Hours

Deep in the heart of Spero Valley
destroyed and silent for a century.
fa17fe07d3a175bdd13aa42b13cbe4cd.gif

CHAPTER IV
SPERO LAGOON

Beneath the Spero Ruins
a lagoon of lost treasure.
tumblr_oas2dbMfx11uer6cyo1_500.gif

CHAPTER V
SPERO PEAKS

Emerald and snow white summits and
a hidden waterfall with legendary secrets.
1*SHUS6S0nqKPTctQplmTZhQ.gif

CHAPTER VI
VOTUM
The Cursed Stronghold

Almost buried and forgotten by the Rex
where few shadows lurk and titans slumber.
tumblr_oi3y2swz1x1uer6cyo1_500.gif

CHAPTER VII
LUCTUS CANYON

Rugged harsh no man's land teeming with
the Legion that stalk best in caves and at nights.
giphy.gif

CHAPTER VIII
LUCTUS RUINS

Carved out fortress destroyed in the war
touched by nothing but sand and time.
Montezumas.large.gif

CHAPTER IX
LUCTUS DEPTHS
Explore Time: 48 Hours

An underground world not often trespassed
but who knows what fell down here.
1414808031768384040.gif

CHAPTER X
MISERIA
The Greater Stronghold

Heavily populated by the Legion
humans and foes you are warned.
giphy.gif

CHAPTER XI
IRAGE DESERT

Uneven cracked terrain with cacti
and brittle arroyos littered with gear.
tenor.gif

CHAPTER XII
IRAGE DUNES

Scorching and blinding hills of sand
ravaged by sundering winds.
giphy.gif

CHAPTER XIII
IRAGE TEMPLE

An ancient armory well-protected
by sandstorms and the Rex's Legion.
Qasr-el-Kharaneh.gif

CHAPTER XIV
EMPETUS
The Brutal Stronghold

A collapsed battleship more heavily
populated than Miseria by the Legion.
anigif_optimized-21829-1429213490-6.gif

CHAPTER XV
SEDA SHORES
Travel Time: 24 Hours

Submerged beaches and oceanic cliffs
Before the wide open Seda Sea.
ac2dd3b4ff551697376a5fb4b5c4bb1a.gif

CHAPTER XVI
LEGION BATTLESHIP
The Key Stronghold

A naval military base commanded by
the Rex's Legion since a century.
tumblr_nkmcd1Yzxe1s03lrno1_500.gif

CHAPTER XVII
THE SKY
Travel Time: 8 Hours

A lofty and cloudy realm known only
to those granted the ability to fly.
a10-military-plane-1.gif

CHAPTER XVIII
TRANQUILLUM
The Imperial Stronghold

The fortified face of the aircraft
Designed to defeat the world.
animation+%2873%29.gif

CHAPTER XIX
NEX INTERSTATE

Monitored highways become
Racetracks for the hyper vigilantes.
tumblr_nqq59tS1BZ1uwcvdxo1_500.gif

CHAPTER XX
NEX RUINS
Explore Time: 48 Hours

The cemetery and former war zone
Where gear await under skulls and scraps.
db4d91763bb429005aedeb2d34034d3a.gif

CHAPTER XXI
NEX CENTRAL

Advanced war zone where towers
Target and obliterate their victims.
future_city_by_samuraipeter-d6yiw50.gif

CHAPTER XXII
OBITUS
The Rex's Stronghold

Labyrinthe lair of the mastermind computer
That wiped out the human race.
7863362124aee1020dd1784a9f95a4ae.gif

If intrigued, be sure to Watch Thread so you don't miss out.
END ENGINEER
COMBAT ANDROID RPG

Last edited:
Yes, you can have two characters, sure!

As for level of detail, it is up to you! The more accurate detail (like sticking to two emotional responses, no more and no less until later updated) or more juicy drama in your limited structured post when switching from one mode to another, the more points you get. The less you write or participate, the less points.

More info will be revealed in-game, such as how combat works, how to deal with fuel, but you don't need to worry since you're home at Ancora, where the Parent has unlimited silver fuel. Meaning each android at Ancora is always stocked with four silver fuel cans, and doesn't expire. When you do leave Ancora, that's when the using/refueling starts. :)

So I have another question. For DR-01s Beam Blade would it be possible that instead of it being a fixed object, the beam blade is whatever object he currently holds in his hand (Max of two objects; one weaker beam blade in each hand or a stronger beam blade held in one/both hands)? The object used then essentially retains the same shape of whatever it was originally (ex: crow bar vs sword) but gains the enhanced properties until turned off or dropped?

I also have a few questions. About the stats, does shell mean shield? I was a bit confused when I was putting down my stats

So the official answer is Beam gloves, whatever the dude picks up becomes materialized into Beam energy, retaining its original shape.

Shell is technically speaking Defense. The hardness of the metal of your android's exterior. It's what keeps your fuel in when taking attacks. ;)

Thanks. I have a good feeling that's this roleplay is going to be so much fun. Im getting an infinity blade vibe off of it. Any inspiration from there?

(Ah interesting I haven't heard of infinity blade until now. Looks fun! And I can see what you're talking about lol it does seem similar! I'm curious to play it now.)

Good question!

The way I see Beam energy in this game is that when they're turned on, they emit a blast of long-lasting energy. Best burning fuel than anything. Can last beyond a century.

With the addition of Beam gloves, that makes things interesting. That would mean Beam energy has to be atomic energy of some sort, exciting the atoms to spark into Beam energy. First there was fire, then there was electricity, and now beam.

Now that I think about it, the Parent and the Rex must be run on Beam energy. The other droids just run on silver and gold fuel. There will be more kinds of weapons and machinery out there that uses Beam.

Hey so how are we going to start up?

In Ancora, I will post the first post in the IC thread coming up. It will entail Ancora and where you can start at, and both main and sub plot prompts will be introduced. Main for hardcore players, sub for casual players.

Ah, I see.

Well from a physics standpoint gold and silver aren't really metals that store energy traditionally, so I think you could pass off a new form of energy that seems to base itself in some form of plasma. A pretty solid theory is that energy inhabits small amounts of matter and uses the matter to create shape and form while creating a field that expands its shape (think like taking a cube and turning it into a tank made of a programmed energy field). The important thing to remember when it comes to energy design in scifi is where you have to drawn the line between realism and fantasy, because at the end of the day most of the things we create just aren't feasible in any reality we can imagine.

Okay, how about this? The cans the plasma are in happen to be silver and gold. The silver cans have less, the gold cans have more. And we can just label them silver and gold fuel, to keep it simple.

Yeah, infinity blade series are some of my all time favorite video games. Even though its on i.o.s, It has such a vast and interesting world full of so much detail. And don't get me started on the lore! It's a big recommendation if your interested in sci-fi fantasy rpg games

1. Is this going to have dice combat? I assume not, else this Project would've been posted in the Dice Section of RPnation.
  2. Following this Question: Power, Shell and Speed are pretty self-explanatory Statuses. How much Distance is covered by 1 Range?
  3. I assume you accidentally switched texts for Darkness and Brightness Searches?
    Dark SEEK - Search in darkness only [But some enemies are dark and can't be seen.]
    Bright SEEK - Search in brightness only [But some enemies are bright and can't be seen.]
  4. Will there be potential weapon reconfigurations? Let's take the Cannon, imagine a module which increases the cone of the weapon but reduces range, thus it transforms the weapon into something similar to a flamethrower, while another changes the size of bullets fired by the cannon or another which fires a slow bullet which expands over time. One can easily handle these reconfigurations by making them take up a Chip Slot of the Android, essentially opening up the choice between increasing your stats or changing your weapon or allowing weapons to be equipped with chip slots later in the RP. In my opinion, this could make the weaponry quite a bit more dynamic.
ReactorCreator~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back