• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic End Engineer OOC

1. Is this going to have dice combat? I assume not, else this Project would've been posted in the Dice Section of RPnation.
  2. Following this Question: Power, Shell and Speed are pretty self-explanatory Statuses. How much Distance is covered by 1 Range?
  3. I assume you accidentally switched texts for Darkness and Brightness Searches?
    Dark SEEK - Search in darkness only [But some enemies are dark and can't be seen.]
    Bright SEEK - Search in brightness only [But some enemies are bright and can't be seen.]
  4. Will there be potential weapon reconfigurations? Let's take the Cannon, imagine a module which increases the cone of the weapon but reduces range, thus it transforms the weapon into something similar to a flamethrower, while another changes the size of bullets fired by the cannon or another which fires a slow bullet which expands over time. One can easily handle these reconfigurations by making them take up a Chip Slot of the Android, essentially opening up the choice between increasing your stats or changing your weapon or allowing weapons to be equipped with chip slots later in the RP. In my opinion, this could make the weaponry quite a bit more dynamic.
ReactorCreator~

Good questions!

1. No dice. Stats speak for themselves.
2. For Range, it refers to your character as zero point. Range 1, very close and short, point-blank. While standing in one place, how far your sword can swing, how high you can jump, that limited space around you is Range 1. Guns and bows and Beam blasts do not travel far but are still deadly this way. Range 2 is double that space. Range 3 adds an extra Range to that, and so on. To be a really dangerous sniper or gravity-defying leaper, you will need high range.
3. To me Dark Seek seeks in darkness, Bright Seek seeks in brightness. You can interpret it that way.. as long as you know what they do.
4. I like your idea. I really dig all the customization ideas, I am all in for it! But first, I think we need to keep the beginning simple. So no one gets lost. You are an android just recently built at the end of a war, everything's nearly disassembled, torn apart. I was thinking that the more you find, the more you assemble and engineer in-game. And the parts that you want, you should PM me or post in OOC and I will send you an enemy droid that uses that part and you have to defeat it to win that part. Customization is a staple of this game certainly, but if you earn it, it's more real and satisfying that way. Agreed?

Good questions!
4. I like your idea. I really dig all the customization ideas, I am all in for it! But first, I think we need to keep the beginning simple. So no one gets lost. You are an android just recently built at the end of a war, everything's nearly disassembled, torn apart. I was thinking that the more you find, the more you assemble and engineer in-game. And the parts that you want, you should PM me or post in OOC and I will send you an enemy droid that uses that part and you have to defeat it to win that part. Customization is a staple of this game certainly, but if you earn it, it's more real and satisfying that way. Agreed?

Yes, it doesn't really matter how we start out in the roleplay and to some degree, it makes sense for the androids to be recently built from leftover or scrap material if you put the creation date of our androids at the end of the war. Anyway, let's discuss the private messaging part of battling an enemy droid. I assume this will be an interaction between you and the player over a few posts since taking more than one or two actions in a battle post could be considered god-modding. Are the Battles to be posted in a separate thread, once they're finished? Sort of like a Battle Log for people to read up on the actions of other players. As for more important battles to the main storyline, they'll be handled in the main story line plot thread?

Additionally, time might be a concern for you if the battles are to be satisfactory to the reader (the player) and you, as I already outlined they would take over a span of a few posts, 5 times private battles (not taking into account players with more than 1 android) plus advancing the main storyline could be a bit too much. But this is not my judgment to make, as I am not the most experienced roleplayer and don't know the amount of time you can invest in this project. Actually, wouldn't it be possible to employ sort of a "boss" for every player to fight in one thread, encouraging collaborative posting to damage the droid and once defeated, this droid can be either be disassembled by the players or brought to the Parent to decide what to do with the droid, for example disassembling it or something entirely different. The disassembling will result in retrieving the modifications we discussed earlier, lore information or anything else you may want to include.

ReactorCreator~.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been following him for a while now, if I remember correctly he mentioned the Z in his name was his "shit attempt at a pseudonym" but maybe I've just been saying it wrong, we pmed for a time back when he was on DA, picked his brain for some ideas of my own.

Oh, now I know who your talking about. I just don't know him by that name. But yeah, his artwork with the red knight series is amazing. My favorite is the marksman

Well considering his work can still be found there it can't be THAT bad. I'd assume it was his idea, but I really couldn't say for sure.

You're very thoughtful, I appreciate that. I did think of some customizations for late gameplay but your customizations make great additions. To what I already have. Hah!

Teaser: Dual-element cannons, twice the immunity or four different elements.
Teaser 2: Dual-type chips, more stat boosts, more weapon affinity.
Teaser 3: Beam-run ground vehicles with Beam weaponry.
Teaser 4: Reprogrammed titan allies, recruited to human salvation.

So I guess we won't wait for in-game tutorial for the battles to be explained.
That's fine too if this is easier to learn the game.

I would rather each battle be important to the storyline and in one thread. (Think The Walking Dead/Dragonball Z but better since you control what you can) and sorry if I implied private battles. I assume anyone can join in the fight as there will be many enemies and pick apart the goodies they want. But if a player's droid is in midfight with one enemy, and you or everyone had defeated the rest, and say a few days go by, then I will have to "glitch out" that player's droid to randomly shut down, so that another player can finish the battle.

The way the stats clash, battles can end quickly as they start, and even better, godmodded by the ones with the most stats. Yes you heard me right, if there is a guarantee you win the battle by stat superiority, you can godmod a beautiful destroyer/ultimate finish scene. But I have to be 100% in agreement. Example, I send eight enemy droids after you guys, and you all write your battle phases. It goes in order by speed, and I will try to force your droid to switch from combat act to another act (or seek to another seek) to save itself.

Rarely enemies can get away, the smart bastards anyway.

Besides, if players battle and grind up their stats in another thread and come back to the main plot, it's broken. So no alternate battle thread. I'm turning that faucet very tightly, especially at the start of the RP. Each battle counts to progress and story. And this is so because your android can be disastrously beaten and shut down to profuse loss of fuel. (And if your allies don't drag away your droid, the enemies will.) The tension of two modes to switch between, according to chaotic environment and enemy behavior, will make it worth the pace.

That said, I like your idea with the boss droids. It's the same idea I had. That is going to happen, but good that we are on the same page. I also planned for pack battles, but not private battles. One-on-one battles with bosses would be amazing for late gameplay. But not right now. For now, I want everyone to explore what they can and "get used to the status quo" and THEN things will shake up.

Got a few plot bombs (and a Legion of villains) up my sleeves. Things will be complex. Things will escalate. Your android will evolve every step of the way, and it's a long road to the Rex's Stronghold.

Any questions? The IC thread will be coming soon.

But oh! You can start thinking now whatever custom gear, chip, whatever that you want EARLY game and LATE game. Send me all in PM or discuss here, that's cool. I will put some in droids, but some in puzzle places. And if I'm clever I can place these legendary stuff in places only an unique android can access at the time. As if fate ;)

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

So weapons can only be Beam....but one of the beam elements is Geo....which is stone/metal (i assume)....and the slugs are produced from the cannon that creates metal from beam energy? I don't see the problem here. Also how does the Geo element even work if stone and metal are useless against current alloys?

Welcome A aaaah :)

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook In this game the Geo element is not a limited static structure like stone or metal. It is where stone and metal comes from yes but it is at its most manifest, channeled in more intense energy than a solid piece. Like a forceful quake or gravitational force blasted at the target. It may not be bulletspeed but it's more destructive and can mangle.

Also there are status effects with each element when they land a critical hit. Geo hammers an enemy into the ground due to its weight, stuck for a moment. That's how I see Geo in this game. Does that make sense?

yo, just edited my characters to make them a bit more human. dont worry, just added what their faces look like outside the mask. what do ya guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back