• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: Weekly Character AMA

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Peter Callahan
Peter Callahan
Peter 3.jpg
Misty Gray Misty Gray
Peter: You have three kids. Who is your favourite and why?
Well I love all of my kids dearly and I would never chose a favorite in front of them, however, I would have to say Savannah. Even though she isn't mine, I've had a strong connection with her since I held her for the first time back in Chicago all those years ago. She's my princess.

Peter: When you were arrested and jailed the first time, you were leading the cops away from catching James and Ryan. Do you feel any bitterness towards those to for that?
Honestly, I'm trying to live my life without feeling bitter or jealous even. I can say that I don't regret my decision because that's exactly what it was, my decision. Ryan and James really didn't have control over what I did, so I try not to feel bitter towards them as best as I can. Sometimes, I get too much inside my own head and feel a different way, but for the most part...No, I don't feel bitter.

Peter:What would you do if it turned out Sinead had cheated on you?
I would probably head back to Ireland after formally divorcing her. I don't think I would be able to handle it, as much as I do love her and want to say I would stick by her after such mistake...I know I wouldn't.

Peter: What are the worst things that happened to you in jail?
When I was stabbed with a fucking sharp toothbrush was pretty much the highlight of most of my pain and torturing. That was probably...no definitely, the worst thing that ever happened to me in jail. Not to mention all the beatings.

Peter: Do you want more involvement in the family business and in what capacity?
Well I'm always willing to lend a hand where it is needed. I'm not sure I could say in what capacity because it seems like all bases have been covered with the business. I would like to go out on more jobs if possible, but then again, Sinny would kill me if I ended up in jail again.

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Bella: Where does your inspiration for Peter's personality come from?
A lot of Peter's personality is derived from my own. His anxieties and anti-social persona is something I experience on the daily and I felt that creating a character based on that side of me would really make me more passionate about writing. I created Peter at a time when I was at my worst and I can honestly say that he saved me from myself and from leaving the RP when I felt truly unmotivated and lost. Now I will never leave! :D
Peter: Before your first prison sentence, what sort of future had you envisioned for yourself?
before my first sentence...I really wasn't sure of my future. As a kid I'd always dreamt up that I would become someone a bit nobler than I am now. Someone who actually followed the law, can you believe that? I guess I really thought about my future when I first met Sinny and Savvy...it was a weird thing...these two girls putting my whole life into perspective for me. Hell, I wasn't 100% when I took the job, I was just a stupid reckless kid and yet, I imagined a future with the woman who's family I worked for. That was the first time I ever envisioned myself with a life that consisted of a family...that's when I really found my purpose...it was to protect her.
Peter: What's on your bucket list?
Honestly, I want to travel and see the world. It was hard to imagine doing that when I was a kid but now, I think its possible. I want to just enjoy my time with my wife while we have the time and money to do so...as much as I love the kids I think it would be good to discover ourselves as a couple again. I think I also want a dog...I know *pause* Sinny wants another kid...I just don't know if I can do it all over again...
Peter: Have you ever worried that your anxiety and PTSD will someday put you or others at risk during a job? What coping mechanisms do you have in place for when you do that kind of business? I worry about that all the time...its a curse to worry about your worries. I'm aware of the risk that I put on others during the jobs I go on, but I can't let that slow me down...and if I put myself at risk, well I don't really care about that. It really helps to count backwards from ten and taking deep slow breaths. My anxieties and PTSD gets worse if my thoughts are racing and I can't control it anymore, that's when things get dangerous. I'm still working other ways to keep myself relaxed, but I will not stop trying to protect my family...I'll risk it all for them.
Peter: What's your favourite memory of your children when they were small?
Well, with Savannah, my favorite memory was the first time I ever held her, all the way back in Chicago. I just remember how small she was, the tiniest thing I've ever held in my arms...and I had quite some experience with helping out the orphanage with the abandoned babies. You know what, I honestly think I can say the same for all of my kids...nothing beats the first time you get to hold them in your arms. Its amazing to think you've created this little human, who has no idea just how big the world is. Its incredible...

Fletchawk Fletchawk
Bella: Why do you always wait until the last moment?
Because of the LLL. LIVIN LIKE LARRY...*looks to see if anyone has gotten my spongebob reference* Honestly, I just have so much going on that I have to do all of my posts in one big wave that usually happen when i have the most time. Once I get in the zone I will post everything until I have nothing left.

Peter: What are your three favorite moments
There are a lot of moments in my life that I am thankful for...so its hard to choose just the three. If I were to chose however it would be when I married Sinead, the first time I held Savannah and when my two other kids were born.

Peter: Besides numbing yourself to oblivion, what are some hobbies you enjoy?
Well if timing permits, I enjoy playing music. It has been a lot of years since I've played the piano and I would like to start up again soon...But besides that I love to read and sometimes just listen to music really loudly when no one is home. Not very interesting hobbies but they bring me a lot of joy when I do them.

Bella: If you had to pick a way for Peter to die, what would it be?
Oh I would have had him die in prison to be honest. I wasn't sure about Peter going into the second installment of the trilogy and I wasn't sure he was going to make it. If I didn't have faith in his character ark he would have died after being shanked to death in the showers.

Bella: Is there a scene you wish you could go back and change?
I think I would have changed the scene where Peter tries to distract the police to save Ryan and James from getting in trouble. I wanted to execute it a lot better than what I had written.

Last edited:
FK9K: What is your favorite thing about Penelope?

Penelope: How did you come to join the Barons?

FK9K: Is there a specific reason you picked Ukraine as Penelope's land of birth?

Penelope: Favorite book?

FK9K: Will we ever hear stories from when Penelope was a runaway?

seasonedcat seasonedcat

FK9K: Excluding Braden and Rachel, which characters are you most interested in Penelope having scenes with?

Penelope: What are your biggest fears?

Penelope: How do you feel about Braden?

Penelope: What are your thoughts on the mob 'running' New York City?

FK9K: Are you enjoying the RP so far? What made you interested in joining?

seasonedcat seasonedcat

Penelope Werner
1566085161620.png
~Penelope Werner~​
Me: What is your favourite thing about Penelope?
Hard to say, I love all my characters, but I do enjoy how she makes me think when I write her. The balance of thinking with only logic, a bad habit she has, but also making her human. Something I don't know if I've shown well yet, but she is someone who doesn't like her own emotions and prefers logic. I just love having to put myself in her mindset briefly to write her posts, while also shinning through some of myself and my own beliefs while still making her her own person.
Penelope: How did you come to join the Barons?
This cities gangs held a large hold over it, the best way to have greater control and place in the world was to join one. The owner of the pub I work at is a member of one of the powerful gangs, it wasn't that hard to find a smaller gang from them to join. With my sister's help, some hard work, and time I managed to gain their trust so I could join, and here I am.
Me: Is there a specific reason you picked Ukraine as Penelope's land of birth?
Well, embarrassingly the main reason was that me and my girlfriend were obsessed with this book we both read and one of the characters was from there. At the time I was still really obsessed with the book and it was the first place that came to mind. I also love making a wide variety of characters with different pasts, personalities, ect. and I wanted to explore a new country this time.
Penelope: Favorite book?
Hmmm, there are so many. Maybe The Murder of Roger Ackroyd? I did enjoy that one quite a bit.
Me: Will we ever hear stories from when Penelope was a runaway?
Definitely! If she gets closer with characters she might share them herself, or maybe small flashbacks, or mentions in posts? Either way, it'll happen at some point (:
Fletchawk Fletchawk
Me: Excluding Braden and Rachel, which characters are you most interested in Penelope having scenes with?
All of your guy's characters >.<. Lol but seriously excited to interact with more of you, maybe some of the others near Penelope's age? I can't choose from all of your lovely characters uwu.
Penelope: What are your biggest fears?
Oh um... I'm not really comfortable.... maybe cars and heights. They bring back bad memories... but there are other things too... guns make me scared as well I guess.... can we go to the next question, please.
Penelope: How do you feel about Braden?
*cue agitated sigh* There's nothing special to it ok! I'm tired of everyone asking this. He may be cute and I enjoy his company but... wait I didn't, ugh! I hate feelings. He's my friend lets leave it at that.
Penelope: What are your thoughts on the mob 'running' New York City?
At first, I wasn't very 'ok' with it, it rubbed me the wrong way that 'evil' people ran things. However, I may have started out joining so I could change something, or more have some sense of control over my 'world' after time, the people there have... grown on me. Some of them are not that bad, I think that I am alright with it now...
Me: Are you enjoying the RP so far? What made you interested in joining?
YES YES YES! I love all your rps so much, you are all so talented and nice I couldn't ask for a better RP! I got interested at first because I saw Misty was the creator and I have been in one of their RPs before and I loved the plot and they were amazing at RPing, and once I read the plot I was hooked on the RP! I liked the concept and also all your guy's writing capabilities, I hoped that I could get better at making romance interactions and maybe learn some things from all of you while doing so(also make more friends).
Misty Gray Misty Gray
{Maybe more to be added in the future! Feel free to ask!}

Aliana: What do you imagine your life and family would be like now, had Tommy not been killed?
Mel: So far, you've played characters aligned with the Porters/Sullivans, in some form. Would playing a villain be something you're interested in exploring?
Aliana: What would you say are your biggest fears?
Aliana: Are there any members of Conor's family you dislike? Why?
Aliana: Who are the people in your life you can trust the most and are closest to?

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Aliana Cartwright-Sullivan
5a93db52f033af13ea005ec5.jpeg.jpg

Aliana: What do you imagine your life and family would be like now, had Tommy not been killed?
"Easy; I'd be with Tommy and not Conor. Not to say I chose Conor out of default of Tommy's death, that's not how it was at all. That night he died I had decided I wanted Tommy and that Conor and I had our chance and it passed. But fate had other ideas... I don't know, I'd be happier? I would still have my ring on my finger and not around my neck, that's for sure. Maybe I'd have two living kids instead of just the one. Sometimes I like to think he would have wanted to get out of this life too and we'd be on a beach somewhere raising our kids together... I'm rambling. I think about this a lot, but don't tell Conor. That's an argument I don't actually feel like having."

Mel: So far, you've played characters aligned with the Porters/Sullivans, in some form. Would playing a villain be something you're interested in exploring?
Whaaaa heck yeah! Playing the good girl is fun, but playing the bad guys is fun too!

Aliana: What would you say are your biggest fears?
"Losing Leo... I'll have lost two of them and I don't think I can do it. I think another would be getting kidnapped. Most likely they'll make me give up information and I won't so they'll kill me. I'm not afraid of death whatsoever. I'm afraid of what my death'll do to my already estranged family."

Aliana: Are there any members of Conor's family you dislike? Why?
"Not really, no. I mean, James has been on and off my shit list for a long time now... I blame him for a lot of things, Tommy's death, Leo's. It's a miracle I somehow find a way to put that somewhere and not punch him when I see him."

Aliana: Who are the people in your life you can trust the most and are closest to?
"I definitely think I'm closest to Sinead and can trust her with nearly anything. I trust a lot of them, but Sinead I trust the most."
( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Aliana: do you ever find yourself comparing Conor to Tommy these days?
"More than I'd like to admit, to be honest. Life right now has been kicking my ass and just so difficult and I just continue to think about what if? I still love Conor, don't get me wrong but I sometimes can't help thinking that maybe my life would be easier had Tommy not died."

Aliana: do you ever worry that your lack of contact with Conor during his time in prison had affected your ability as a couple to co-parent Leo?
"Sometimes, yeah. Me not visiting him in prison I think has made Leo sort of... Resent me a little. He favors Conor, always has and that's okay with me. But, it also means he only ever listens to Conor.."

Aliana: how much does Leo know about the young man he was named after?
"Leo knows about his late uncle, but doesn't know the circumstance surrounding his death. I don't think I'll ever tell him for fear of what would happen or what he would interpret that into.."

Aliana: deep down, do you hope to have a positive relationship with your father someday?
"...Of course. I try to visit him but I feel responsible for him being in prison to begin with. Pretty sure I'm what's holding me back from that positive relationship from happening."

Mel: what do you think you share in common with Aliana? In what ways do you identify with her?
Probably the fact that she gets in her own way most of the time. Whether it's being happy or getting over things, she tends to compromise herself and ruin things. I literally do it on an everyday basis and it's pretty bad. Always in her head. But, we're also funny and people love us despite a lot of different faults.
Pyroclast Pyroclast

Last edited:
Aliana: do you ever find yourself comparing Conor to Tommy these days?

Aliana: do you ever worry that your lack of contact with Conor during his time in prison had affected your ability as a couple to co-parent Leo?

Aliana: how much does Leo know about the young man he was named after?

Aliana: deep down, do you hope to have a positive relationship with your father someday?

Mel: what do you think you share in common with Aliana? In what ways do you identify with her?

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ❤️

James - Have there been any points where you have seriously considered stepping down from 'the business' and handing it on to a successor?

Misty - What people (real and fake) have you drawn upon for inspiration in creating James Porter? Any other famous mob bosses?

James - If Lucy asked you to retire, would you?

James Ronan Porter
James Ronan Porter
1567296457691.png

James: Have there been any points where you have seriously considered stepping down from 'the business' and handing it on to a successor?
There have been times when I've considered stepping down, but for various reasons it's never gone behind simple thought. When things were at their worst back in Dublin, I seriously considered it. I felt weakened and believed I'd failed my family. However, I soon climbed back out of that mindset and built up my strength again; both physical and the mental resolve. I felt I owed it to my my family and friends to keep fighting. Risking my own life had never been an issue - I'm surprised I ever survived my early twenties - but it was my job to ensure my family's safety. At times when business has been running smoothly, I haven't felt confident that my successors are ready to take on all of this bullshit. Syd or Conor would be my natural successors, but I feel neither are quite ready to take on all of this on just yet.

Vinnie Romano said himself that I never knew when to quit!

21455c0e4ae93b1b18ce598f6f263cd9.gifMisty: What people (real and fake) have you drawn upon for inspiration in creating James Porter? Any other famous mob bosses?
When I first made James, back in 'The Oath', he was actually only intended as a side character - one of Emmet Sullivan's trusted gang members. Admittedly, inspiration came from Oliver Queen from 'Arrow', played by James' FC. Like Oliver, James was serious, strong and highly-focused. Switch the bow & arrow for guns! As the first RP played out, James became one of my main characters. Lucy helped him to evolve beyond the lone wolf and man of few words he'd always been.

In terms of "mob bosses", I guess there's bits of Thomas Shelby from Peaky Blinders that show in James at times. His serious demeanour, no-nonsense attitude and willingness to get his own hands dirty.

There's not really any real-life people I feel I took inspiration from. Although, James' aversion to being the centre of attention and having to speak in front of groups is taken straight from myself.

James: If Lucy asked you to retire, would you?
I think Lucy knows the score on that one. We've talked about retirement before and it's something I've spent time imagining for myself. It's not a job that's easy to retire from. I'd have to be sure someone can take my place before that can happen. The minute rivals see any weakness they'll step up to take advantage of it. Alternatively, relinquishing power and bringing my family out of this world completely would be even more dangerous as we'd have no defences should our enemies wish to take revenge. Even in retirement, I'd be looking over my shoulder. The best I can hope for is that one of the others will one day be ready to take my place.

RayPurchase RayPurchase

1567775464827.pngMisty: What do you think you would have liked to do with James, had he not unexpectedly taken on the role of mob boss?
I think he'd have stayed on as Conor's right-hand man. The young Conor who inherited the business would have needed a lot of input, be it James talking him out of doing something on impulse or having to persuade him to make unpleasant decisions the boss would have to. He'd have probably wanted him and Lucy to get their own place so they could enjoy married life without feeling like they were sponging off of Conor. With him not the boss, I would have liked James to go back to his hitman days, free of any paperwork and desks, and it's very likely I would have had him doing a stint in jail.

James: If there was anything that could make you give up the empire you have built and pass on the power to a completely different set of hands - a new gang, mob, mafia for instance - what do you think it would be?
That would be a pretty long shot, if I'm being honest. I guess there'd have to be some pretty big deals going down for that. Assurances that my family could live the rest of their lives in safety and free of mob ties. I'd have to make sure the price is right too, given the work we've all put into our business - especially the legitimate ones. Honestly, I find this a question I can't even entertain hypothetically, as I present don't believe it's possible to give it up without putting us in further danger. I know some of my family would like us to leave this all behind and some have said directly, but it really isn't that simple.

Misty: With this being the third part of the Irish Mob series, what are some of the ways in which you think James has developed or changed the most since you first started playing him?
When James first started out, he was more of a lone wolf character. He was emotionally shut off and didn't talk much at all unless his job required him to. At that time, he believed had no family and no personal ties. This meant he was always fully focused on his job and a systematic hitman. He believed he had nothing to lose and wasn't concerned much about his own life; he'd killed a lot of people for his employer so figured it was only a matter of time before it caught up to him. This has changed greatly over the course of the RPs. After falling in love with Lucy and eventually learning he did have family scattered around, he's become more open and shares his feelings with his wife. He didn't joke much before, but now the odd one will slip out of his mouth. He's become more of a team player and allowing himself to get close to people has made him show more mercy to others; being more hesitant to take another human life. Having a family has made James value his own life more. Knowing people are dependent on him means he's more cautious about the consequences of his actions.

James: Do you have any words that you live by? Any rules or lessons that you carry with you to help you make your decisions or to help you stay motivated when things get tough?
"I'm fine." When things get too much or I've taking a good beating, I remind myself I'm somehow still alive. Quitting has never been something I've felt comfortable with, so I tell myself if I'm still breathing then I can still do something - I can . There are times I have to make unpleasant decisions and I always ask myself if I'd be able to explain my actions to those I love. If I wouldn't be able to accept the explanation from someone I care about, then I probably shouldn't do that thing!

James: If for whatever reason you no longer had Lucy by your side, what would you do with yourself?
Well, there's something I would rather not think about. I'd probably find myself buried deeper into the business to try distract myself from not having Lucy with me. In down time, I'd have to busy myself with the cars or in the gym. I'd make sure to spend a lot more time with Thomas than I do now and I imagine I'd probably mess that up as Luce is more sensitive with the kids than I am. As she's the only person I can truly offload my feelings to, I guess I'd find myself talking to the dogs a lot more!

James: In what ways would you say raising children has affected the way you do business?
Raising children has made me show more compassion towards others. It's also made me more cautious about the decisions I make as everything I can do can impact them, potentially even directly with some of the psychotic freaks this family has encountered in the past.

Pyroclast Pyroclast

tumblr_mxcb48DhJe1qb79r8o2_250.gifJames: Do you feel responsible for some of the major deaths? As in, Leo, Arlene, Thomas etc...
I do feel responsible for Tommy's death. Not only was I the one to talk him into attend the meeting with the IWU the night he was killed, but long before that I promised his old man he'd be safe with us. I know I couldn't have had his back all of the time, but he was a smart and decent lad who I should have discouraged from wanting to work for me. The night he was shot, I'd been sat at the same table and it still feels wrong that I was unharmed whilst he lost his life.

I feel Leo's death was my responsibility too. Not just because I let him join the mob when Aliana didn't want him to. When Leo was killed, I'd been struggling to find a solution to our IWU problem. Had I found the answers sooner, his death could have been prevented. If I could have gone back, I would have thrown aside my dislike for explosives and blown that factory up much sooner. That's why I showed less hesitation in doing the same to the Morettis - to stop them before they could become a real threat.

Whilst I am sorry and upset about Arlene's death, I don't think I can take responsibility. Arlene has been in the business all of her life and like me, she often challenged death. I had done everything I could to help her start a new life. Hell, i suggested she moved much further than Connecticut, but not many people ever had success in commanding Arlene. It might sound bad, but Arlene was more than capable of looking after herself. I do, however, feel it's now mine and Lucy's responsibility to protect the little girl she's left behind.

Misty: How do you feel about this being the last storyline in the trilogy?
I feel really sad, to be honest. It took me a while to find a new writing group after everyone in my previous group kind of just separated and had real life happen. So this was the first and only thing I've found consistent since then. But, to the story itself... It being the last in the trilogy means anything could happen and my trigger finger does get itchy!

James: Who in the family do you think has been wronged the most and the worst?
Whilst Lucy and Syd have lost a lot and suffered more than I like to think about, I would have to say Sinead. I've known her since she was a teenager and even back then I saw someone who didn't belong in the dangerous world she'd been born into. I first watched her have her independence stripped away after Romano dragged her into his war, having her find a dead body in her dressing room and then destroying her apartment. She had to watch both her father and then Savvy's father gunned down in front of her. Over the years, she's seen far more violence and destruction a woman who craves peace should have to. Whilst Pete is old enough to make his own decisions and I'd prefer to have him working for me, Sinead's had to fight through her own depression twice to care for their kids whilst he's been in jail. I just see Sinead as someone who deserves to be living somewhere peaceful, running her own sparkly music clubs and loving her family. But, she's stronger than she gives herself credit for and has always refused to leave this family behind. I admire that commitment, even if it does keep her at risk.

James: Do you believe one day the family will be able to actually live peacefully?
I suppose if I could hand the business over to someone I could trust and my family could then move to the other side of the world, then yes!

Misty: What the hell are we supposed to do when this is all over????
I don't really know. Please send help!
...Start again with an alternate universe? Or Mob 1990s?

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

1567781446194.pngMisty: When did you realize that James no longer fit the role of a side character?
I don't think it took long at all. As I started exploring his attraction to Lucy and I found myself needing his skills for the plot, I started using him more than intended. Once I started expanding on his character beyond him being "extra muscle for the gang" I realised he could be a much more complex character than I'd originally set out. I just found myself enjoying playing him and there was so much I could use him for. It still wasn't until the last few chapters of the first RP that I decided he'd become the head of the family, Conor's path had taken him to a place where he couldn't do it and James seemed much more fitting to the role. Helped that he'd married into the Sullivan family by then!

James: You've moved shop about every decade or so, and given that the RICO Act passed recently, do you see yourself moving again? And where to if so?
I'm not worried about that one just yet, not with me having evidence for so many cops and public figures corrupt themselves. I'd say we've still got a handle on this one. As for where I would go next, that's something I'd have to look into. I hear Chicago's looking nice again these days. Then there's the fact that Shannon's living over in London, so maybe she's already scared everyone out of there and cleared the path for us to move there next. Not to mention I have family out in Italy. No, that last one's a joke...

James: If you had to pick a vehicle to best describe yourself, what would it be?
One that's smart, durable and long-lasting. It has bulletproof windows. You know the one...

James: Stranded, yada yada yada, only one thing, yada some more; which Whiskey would you pick?
Jameson Irish Whiskey. Although, for my birthday Mitchell did get me some McAllan Scottish whisky that I rather enjoyed.

Misty: When is the last time you almost killed James off?
Probably around the time he was getting the shit seriously beaten out of him by Gideon. It wasn't intended in the plans, but I did briefly consider killing him off and how the dynamics would continue with him dead. In the end, I decided I couldn't part with him just yet...

Fletchawk Fletchawk

Last edited:
Hello! Allow me to swoop in with some very last minute questions:

Misty - What do you think you would have liked to do with James, had he not unexpectedly taken on the role of mob boss?

James - If there was anything that could make you give up the empire you have built and pass on the power to a completely different set of hands - a new gang, mob, mafia for instance - what do you think it would be?

Misty - With this being the third part of the Irish Mob series, what are some of the ways in which you think James has developed or changed the most since you first started playing him?

James - Do you have any words that you live by? Any rules or lessons that you carry with you to help you make your decisions or to help you stay motivated when things get tough?

James - If for whatever reason you no longer had Lucy by your side, what would you do with yourself?

And a sneaky sixth question for James because I'm a RULE-BREAKER and no one can tell me what to do: James, in what ways would you say raising children has affected the way you do business?

Misty Gray Misty Gray 💖

My turn! It took forever but here we go 😈

James: Do you feel responsible for some of the major deaths? As in, Leo, Arlene, Thomas etc...

Misty: How do you feel about this being the last storyline in the trilogy?

James: Who in the family do you think has been wronged the most and the worst?

James: Do you believe one day the family will be able to actually live peacefully?

Misty: What the hell are we supposed to do when this is all over????

Misty: When did you realize that James no longer fit the role of a side character?

James: You've moved shop about every decade or so, and given that the RICO Act passed recently, do you see yourself moving again? And where to if so?

James: If you had to pick a vehicle to best describe yourself, what would it be?

James: Stranded, yada yada yada, only one thing, yada some more; which Whiskey would you pick?

Misty: When is the last time you almost killed James off?

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:
Alistair: Who has been your biggest role model in life?
Pyro: Is there anyone (real or TV/film character) you gain inspiration from when writing Alistair?
Alistair: Who would you say you are closest to?
Alistair: What are your thoughts on the Porters/Sullivans?
Alistair: Have you ever been in love? Is romance something you want in your life?

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Alistair Sawyer
Alistair Sawyer

1569969673034.png

Alistair: Who has been your biggest role model in life?

I would probably say my father. We weren't close, but he taught me a lot of valuable lessons. He was a loose cannon, probably equally as unhinged as the patients he dealt with on a daily basis, and despite teaching me how to assert myself I am thankful that he didn't pass that temper of his down to me. Still, I credit him for a lot of the more useful traits I developed over the years. "You can beat me, but you'll never defeat me" - that's the motto I live by, something that I think comes from him. He wouldn't let anyone disrespect him, and it was that attitude that made him so successful in his work. When I was younger and making my own way in life I would often ask myself what he would do in certain situations. My father and I were certainly not close and I can't say we ever loved each other, but I'll admit he played a significant part in building me into the man I am today.

Pyro: Is there anyone (real or TV/film character) you gain inspiration from when writing Alistair?

To be honest, no particular character or person comes to mind when writing him. I think I just have a couple of favourite villain tropes that I've picked up from various TV shows and films. One is the unhinged brawler type, which I explored very briefly when playing Eddie in the Drogheda scene in Family Affair, and another is the cool-calm-and-collected type that works in a very calculated way and whose words are their greatest weapon. Alistair falls into the second one, and some examples of characters from shows that do it really well I'd say are the villains from the Fargo TV series, particularly Lorne Malvo and Mike Milligan. They're both eloquent and charismatic, polite yet chilling, cruel and merciless; even though I wasn't thinking of either of them when creating or playing Alistair, they've probably both inspired me on some subliminal level.

Alistair: Who would you say you are closest to?

I suppose the person I trust the most is Ethan Turner. He has never misunderstood me or disobeyed me, and I like his style. Even when he's doing a job for me, he'll do it so naturally and with such ease that you wouldn't even know he was under orders. I've never had to remind him to do anything or ask him to do something better. He's earned my respect, to say the least. I'd trust him with any concerns or plans, listen to him and look after him. Ethan is my most valuable man.

Alistair: What are your thoughts on the Porters/Sullivans?

The family certainly have an inflated view of themselves. They act as though they are feared, but from the vast amount of protection they employ on their establishments it's clear that they feel insecure and paranoid. That in itself is a weakness easily preyed upon.

Alistair: Have you ever been in love? Is romance something you want in your life?

I consider myself an ambitious man, but I wouldn't say that love has ever been an ambition of mine. That's not to say that I wouldn't let a woman into my life someday, but she would need to serve me some purpose beyond affection and sex. She would need to both impress me and be of use to me. If no such woman comes my way, then so be it. I've never depended on anyone, anyway.

1569969781129.png Pyro: What is your process when it comes to writing Alistair?

I imagine what it'd feel like not to care about other people and to be insensitive and cold-hearted. Most of my scenes with Alistair have been about asserting dominance over somebody he neither cares about nor respects, someone that he is set on bringing harm to. So it's always been a kind of performance that he puts on , with commentary running through his mind as he carries out the deed, rather than delving into his own feelings and personal life like I do with my other characters.

Alistair: What is your first childhood memory?

My first childhood memory...I think was in a car. We were parked in the snow somewhere, and my parents were fighting outside. I think we'd been pulled over or something, but my father starting beating her the moment the cops were out of sight. I just remember wondering if the window was going to break.

Pyro: How hard was it writing the torture scene? Or was it easy for you?

It wasn't too hard haha. I did need to discuss it a lot with you and Misty to see which references from the parallel torture scene in The Oath would hurt Lucy and Sinead the most, but Syd was already in pain so that didn't require much effort. Alistair has been a bully his whole life but he's also very intelligent and calculating, so all I had to do was make him say mean things that would hit a nerve. Since he would know some of what Syd had told Maddox in his counselling sessions, I just had to find out the ways to torment Lucy and Sinead, and then all three of them would suffer. Yay!

Alistair: How do you feel about the ones you call family?

The only people I've ever called family are now dead. My mother was an unfortunate woman, brought to ruin by her inability to cope with hardship. My father was a hard, merciless man, but without his influence I doubt I would have been as successful in bringing the East Harlem gang to order. He was a terrible man and didn't make the best father, but I am grateful to him for making me into the man I am today. If anyone else had raised me, I could have ended up soft like my mother. It's a dog-eat-dog world out here and if you don't toughen up, you'll only struggle more.

Alistair: Do you consider yourself to be on the side of good or evil?

I don't value such terms. What's good and what's evil doesn't matter to me. I do what I believe needs to be done for my own sake, for business' sake and for the sake of the city's future. What I end up doing in the process doesn't bear any weight on my conscience. Rather than good or evil, I would say what I'm doing is right. Sometimes it's right to be good, and sometimes it's right to be cruel; it all depends on what your overall goal is.

Alistair: If the Porters were redeemable should they have done differently in the past?

As far as I'm concerned, that family has been reckless. They don't seem to have learned that violence incites violence. If they had, then they would know to keep their loved ones away from their place of work. Given their reputation, I would have expected them to have been able to foresee the consequences of their actions. Murdering a powerful family and then being surprised when their own family members are targeted? It's hardly professional. They ought to be wiser than that. I don't know how they've even made it this far.

1569971318677.png Pyro: What do you enjoy the most about writing this character?

Exploring the dark side. The debate on morality within this rp has always been open, but particularly at moments when the Porters' enemies reveal their personal hardships. Alistair, on the other hand, has no vendetta against the Irish Mob. He is in this business purely for his own gain: the endless pursuit of power, status, dominance and wealth. It's interesting playing a character in conflict with one of my others, because it allows me to see their similarities and differences up close. For instance, Alistair's passion, drive and work ethic may be similar to Syd's but their personalities and personal ambitions could not be more different. Alistair is cold, independent and proud, putting himself first even though he may not always realise it. And even though he may share certain traits with my other characters, he's different enough for it to be interesting for me.

Mr. Sawyer: Who, if anyone, inspires you?

Well, I've mentioned my father's influence - I suppose he inspired in me a will to survive. Other than him, I would say it's the other men in my line of work. Gabriel Moretti, Stefano Carriveau and Maddox Parker are all intelligent men at the top of their game who are able to see several steps ahead in order to realise their plans without intervention. That's the kind of expertise I am grateful to be working alongside. I have faith in their goals, and I believe that working alongside them will only boost my own career.

Pyro: Are there any elements about writing a character of the opposite sex that you feel like you have troubles grasping?

Honestly, I'm not really sure how much a person's sex affects the way they think, but supposing it does, then that would be something I might not have fully grasped. It's how they act on their thoughts and feelings that matter to me. I think the reason I generally prefer to write from the perspective of men is because I'm interested in exploring the pressures that men face, since I'm not a man myself. The more I learn about feminism the more I become exposed to society's expectations on men, not just in the present but also throughout history and across different cultures. I've never been in Alistair's, Syd's, Jason's or Danny's situations - my upbringing has been hugely different to each of their's - but that just means I have to figure out the ways in which their experiences would influence their actions, worldviews and feelings about themselves. I've seen enough of the errors that a lot of men make and I feel like I have a decent understanding of where they stem from. For instance, how being conditioned to link vulnerability to weakness of character affects their relationships and their self-esteem, or how a lack of exposure to feminist issues would make them act entitled. I do wonder if I'm writing wildly unrealistically sometimes, but there must be a reason why I feel so comfortable writing from a male perspective and I think it's because I sympathise and empathise with the less talked-about struggles that the patriarchy has caused in men.

Mr. Sawyer: What is something you've always wanted to try, but never had the chance to?

Judge me if you will, but I used to fantasise about sleeping with a superior and causing her downfall. It sounded empowering to me, to ruin somebody's career and come out on top. I got close with one of the professors at my university, once. She didn't even teach on my course. But that was around the same time I got involved with gangs, so I gave up on that pursuit, as well as my girlfriend at the time and my degree altogether. I wouldn't give up my place on the hierarchy now, not for anything. It was just an old idea of mine, back when I knew women in positions above my own.

Mr. Sawyer: If could stop your past self from doing one thing, what would it be?

Well, there's a tough question. I have to admit, I have little time for regrets. There is nothing I want in life that I don't already have or believe I am on track to attain. Pointless relationships with boring girls, violent run-ins with half-wits, unfinished university degrees. Nothing really feels like a waste of time because they all eventually lead me onto better things, or at least taught me a valuable life lesson.

Last edited:
Pyro: What is your process when it comes to writing Alistair
Alistair: What is your first childhood memory?
Pyro: How hard was it writing the torture scene? Or was it easy for you?
Alistair: How do you feel about the ones you call family?
Alistair: Do you consider yourself to be on the side of good or evil?
Alistair: If the Porters were redeemable should they have done differently in the past?

Pyro: What do you enjoy the most about writing this character?

Mr. Sawyer: Who, if anyone, inspires you?

Pyro: Are there any elements about writing a character of the opposite sex that you feel like you have troubles grasping?

Mr. Sawyer: What is something you've always wanted to try, but never had the chance to?

Mr. Sawyer: If could stop your past self from doing one thing, what would it be?

Pyroclast Pyroclast

Lucy: what is your favorite colour/shade?

Bella: what's your favorite part about playing Lucy?

Lucy: Who is your favorite person?

Lucy: What is your favorite thing to do?

Bella: do you find it difficult or easy to write up posts for Lucy?

Lucy: Dogs or cats?
Bellz Bellz

Lucy: What do you think your life would be like now had you and James not got together?

Lucy: What are your thoughts on Conor not taking control of the business back in Chicago?

Lucy: What are your three favourite and three least favourite things about Jimbo?

Lucy: What is your biggest regret in life?

Lucy: What do you want for Christmas? James is struggling.

Bellz Bellz

My questions for Bellz Bellz ! 💖

Lucy: You spend a great deal of time and energy worrying about your loved ones. What measures do you take to keep your own mental health in check?
Lucy: What has been your favourite age so far and why? (As in a period of your life, like a particular year or decade !)
Lucy: What's your dream? (And it can't be something you've already attained.)
Lucy: What's the most unexpected lesson you've learned through becoming a parent?
Bella: Would you say that the character of Lucy is your favourite kind of character to play? Why / why not?

Bella: What's the story behind the eternal youth joke?

Lucy: You've usually stayed directly out of the family business, and successfully done your own thing; so what's the reason why you haven't advocated for a safer way of life?

Lucy: We know you love all your children, but is there one that you seem to click with more than the others?

Bella: Clowns? Really?

Bellz Bellz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back