• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Elsewhere - quiet town, impatient youths and superweapons. [Always Open]

Sludge

-
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
dd5yau4-d1cdb5c4-3baf-4603-9cab-d6c36948a775.jpg

Space opera future circa year 5000 and the world is ravaged by disasters of awesome proportions. Powerful warlords fight planet shattering battles to see who can bite off a bigger chunk of the galaxy. Meanwhile the rest of the world is trying to survive the flood of ever expanding grey goo. Xenophobic invaders from another galaxy are attempting to wipe out the entirety of space and time to paint that dusty milky way in solid black.

And then elsewhere, there is you. Today you promised to finally wash the dishes and help uncle Stewart apply the remaining pesticide to his corn field. The space opera is not for you.

llllllllllll​

by_billboards2.jpg

Setting​

Old Earth, but nobody calls it that anymore. It's just some planet with a number.

On this little rock, there is a town. A peaceful community revolving around farming and selling off biofuel to space. Your family stayed in this town for a while and it's all you've ever known.

Sometimes you venture off into the wasteland with your friends, perhaps as a change of pace, perhaps to spite your parents... But most of all because when you are out there between the dunes, canyons and towering ruins of the ancient cities, you feel free.

One day, while scavenging for metals on your friend's old pick up truck, you've found a heavy metal hatch in the ground. The tunnel under it went deep down into labyrinths of crumbling hangars and flooded labs. What you found there, just might become a ticket out of here.

Maybe with the newfound strength you will want to finally start your big adventure to the stars but, hey, should you really leave your parents and friends you've known all your life so easily? Besides what are you planning to do out there? Enlist in the military? Haha, obviously not. You have nothing to feel patriotic about like those posh folks from space. You don't even have an interstellar passport.

And most of all, do you really want to leave?

llllllllllll

TLDR​

A group of teens finds an old bunker laboratory. In its depths, they a discover various incredible weaponry. It is like a first episode of a action-adventure show and they get to be the heroes.

The catch is, well, they live in a remote town where nothing happens. There is no big villain for them to defeat, no big adventure to jump on. It's an excruciatingly peaceful place.

The rp is about exploring what happens when a bunch of hot-blooded youths get their hands on some pretty dangerous stuff, without really having a meaningful use for it. Focusing on character conflict with a little action in the backseat. Also we probably wont be leaving the planet any time soon, or most likely, ever (as that would end the story) (but hey, I am open to discussion on this one).

llllllllllll

Available Roles​

1. Aforementioned hot-blooded youths.
2. Somebody from the town.
3. Somebody who came down here from space [will make available later, or now on request]

Do note that youths will be sticking together a lot in the start, so if you are planning to choose one of the latter two, make sure there are other players for you to interact with.

Remember the "not your space opera" part? I think it would be neat if every character in this rp was flawed. Not dead-parents-flawed, but cowardly and a little bit lame? Say, a kid gets an exoskeleton that lets him fly at mach 2 but he doesn't lift off the ground because what-the-fuck-this-so-scary-oh-god-no. Of course don't forget to make them admirable in their own little ways too!

llllllllllll

Expectations​

• Try to keep things fun yourself. Be proactive. Introduce your own npcs. Get kobolds to attack your character. Chop off one of your ears in an accident. Start a cult.
  • Freeform. I accept characters, help you out and play like a regular player.

• Post frequency up to you.
  • Post length on the healthy side, tho an occasional one-liner is alright.
  • I like to talk plot and lore so lets do that a lot.

Sound like your cup of tea?​

Elsewhere - LORE thread

Elsewhere - CHARACTERS thread

Last edited:
Kana.M. Kana.M.

Aww, thank you! I'm not a new writer or new to online RP, but I just joined this site and it's a little bit of a different format than I'm used to, so that's really nice to hear! :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back