• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀 ☽ pomme's search

pomme

bonk

ellipsis, the search

hi there! i'm pomme, and this is my partner search. recently i've had some openings, so i figured i might pop up a thread and see what i can get. to start off, here are some things about me:

- i'm a student in est timezone!
- i usually write 600-1k+ words (depending on muse) in third person past tense. writing samples can be provided if needed!
- i usually play the female role, though i can definitely do males!
- i'd love to chat with you over discord! i'm super chatty and love doing little things like playlists, moodboards, etc.
- the lowercase typing is for aesthetic only (yes, i am literate, i swear).
- usually i don't double, and these prompts are meant for one pairing.
- romance is welcome but not required.
- i usually post around 1-3 times a week.
- obligatory please-be-open-minded. there's nothing i love more than a diverse cast, and if you have issues with that, don't respond to this thread.​

as for what i look for in partners, all i really ask is that you have a similar word count and post frequency, but i totally get dips in muse/other obligations. quality over quantity! all of my plots will be posted below, and as of now, they're all open. if you're interested, please message me!

Last edited:

starry night

space isn't an easy world to brave, but years ago, muse a crossed that threshold. it wasn't to say space exploration was sparse by then, but the era of manned missions had been left behind centuries ago. but an opportunity popped up — a space exploration mission so dangerous and uncharted it had to be manned. muse a, who had overseen many of the unmanned missions from the ground, was one of the first to be picked.

they boarded the astris i with three other crewmates, though muse a would be the mission overseer and captain. it was set to be a 10 year mission, and though long, they had no family back on the ground to miss. the goal was to breach what had been named apollo's belt, a ring of highly radioactive and extremely hot gas that had prevented ai driven ships from further exploration. they knew it wouldn't be easy, and there was a high chance that fatal damage to the ship might be sustained.

what muse a didn't expect was for the ship to come out without much damage — or for all of his other companions to die.

immediately, they knew that there was no way the ship was getting back across the belt. the first months after the disaster were the hardest, muse a deciding to pull the ship into orbit around a neighboring planet to conserve fuel. their only hope was for rescue, but the comms had been fried in the crossing. for what felt like eternity they gazed down at the stunning planet, staring into its swirling surface and up into constellations that didn't exist.

the disaster was 11 years ago.

somewhere along the line they realized that, by whatever cruel will of the universe, nobody was coming for them. unanchoring from the planet, they cruised through unknown galaxies, noting observations they knew would never be read and recording logs that they knew would never be heard. the unknown was truly, stunningly, poignantly beautiful, but even more so lonely. they'd just recently pulled into a planet they'd affectionally named gaia when, for the first time in 11 years, the deafening silence of space was broken.

someone was coming to save them. it was astris iii, and on the ship, muse b. muse a thought they were dreaming, but in a state of shock, they docked, and finally they weren't alone. but to their surprise, where he expected a happy crew, there was only a panting muse b. turns out they'd suffered the same fate, except they knew that they had enough fuel to save muse a and still make it back.

the catch? they doesn't know how to fly the ship, and neither does muse a.

song:
alone with my thoughts - noah floersch
words:
deep space, fluff/angst, mentor

Last edited:

fate of war

years ago, muse a was the first to charge in the first war in over 200 years — and it was under muse b. truthfully, everyone in the little compound they'd created had doubts about it. they knew that however many people were left on the planet wasn't enough, and while everyone knew casualties were going to be high, they weren't willing to hand over their lives to the people from across the water just like that. the human race had survived after the decade of light based on one thing: peace. but there was no other option.

their little band of misfits turned out to be no match to the guns they'd thought long destroyed. metal championed over wood and twine, and blood flooded the fields they'd worked so hard to till. muse b, the unofficial leader of the compound, was the only one taken alive. asides from muse a and a surviving group of about ten, the compound was gone. the next years were the hardest, each having to learn to live without their honorary families and taking on thrice as much work. it was then that muse a changed. heavy is the head that wears the crown, they say. but after 8 years, the compound had regained its footing, and the 11 people that inhabited it were finally ready for the goal they'd shared since the battle:

cross the sea and kill the bastards who took their families.

thankfully, some of their ancestors had crafted a boat and mapped courses of what was a one month trip through the gorge: 100 years ago. years of scouting, fixing, and estimating later, the compound's remnants boarded with all they had and set off. this time, their weapons were stronger, better. but, when they landed on the shores, they didn't see what they had imagined.

no — who they'd thought civilized savages lived in colorful castles, flowers lining pruned pathways and framed pictures of family members cast in sterling silver. and the resistance they'd expected never came either. instead, they were greeted into a plaza bustling with families dressed in clean clothes and smelling of wildflowers, their weapons secreted away before they could have a second word. but just as they clenched their fists and prepared to probably die fighting, crying vengeance in the name of their dead leader, a figure stepped out from the crowd, their hair tousled and eyes wide.

it was muse b, and a single look into their eyes told muse a all they needed to know.

their leader, the person who made their home and kept them alive for years, had completely forgotten them.

song:
misleading - wolfi
words:
mystery, cautious peace, cultish

Last edited:

steal the stars

ever since they were born, muse a and muse b were destined to kill each other or die trying. their kind — the heirs of the harbingers — are not one for piece. as with all empires, they must be led, and the way that leader is picked is by duel. archaic, perhaps, but if the people call for blood, blood they shall receive.

at least, that's how muse a sees it. they've always been one to stick to their heritage, and while the people may call them a fanatic, they only see themselves as honoring who should be honored. they've pulled themselves away from the other heirs (or rather, been shunned by them) because, as they see it, none of their relationships will matter when they're at the blade of their sword.

and while muse b might be the most popular among the heirs, they certainly weren't the strongest. despite the sicknesses that had wracked them as a youth, stealing away strength that was never regained, their candidacy was not something up for debate. and while, for a few years, they believed they could regain enough ground to win, they know better now.

the duel is in two months, and if they don't do something, they'll be killed without a second thought.

so they planned. the plan, in truth, was more a whim: call it stupid, crazy, and reckless, because it was all of them. they knew there was no way they'd be able to leave the kingdom walls without being seen, so they'd need a ticket.

and, just as it happened, muse a was going to be that ticket.

song:
all in my head - grandson
words:
competitors, hunted, hostage

Last edited:

andromeda

muse a has never known life outside the idyllic citadel of andromeda. for their whole life, they've crossed the same pathways, greeted the same faces, and slept in the same bed. one would think the routine of it would get weary, but neither they or anybody else they know could've ever thought so. while they haven't come across outsiders in years, everything they need lies within the fields that mark the ends of the city.

muse b, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky.

they grew up in a world of muddy cheeks and fistfights, constantly switching from cave to cave, only occasionally stumbling across an abandoned village before they were forced to move again. in truth, they never knew why they had to move so much — but it was something the elders said, so it would be done. they know nothing of community, or the warmth of seeing the same faces over and over. each friend they made seemed to die quicker then they could cherish them. for their whole life, the only comfort they found was in the stories whispered to them around measly fires. stories of a better place, stories of a beautiful city just over the water.

they'd never thought they live to see it, if it even existed. but it did, and there was muse b, staring down andromeda.

it felt like a fever dream, stumbling into the ornate pathways of the city with his family close by. this was so much better than all the fantasies. but each time they drew nearer to any of the clean-clothed residents, they skittered away, fear rich in their eyes. and the city smelled clean. too clean, like the stinging tone of the moonshine his father used to cleanse his wounds with. the unease in their stomach only grew as they noticed that the city looked awfully young, the crowds around them all smooth-cheeked and unblemished. it wasn't but a few minutes until a screaming alarm sounded, the residents silently fleeing into their homes.

andromeda, the city of pestilence, is not a haven. in each smiling citizen sits a deadly disease, one that nobody outside the city walls is immune to.

and for the first time in over 300 years, andromeda's lockdown has been breached.

song:
something for your m.i.n.d. - superorganism
words:
advanced tech, plague, hazmat suits

Last edited:

daisytown

hundreds of years after a nuclear apocalypse, all those who remain exist in small cities worlds apart, enclosed in bubbles and completely self-sustaining. though the walls may be small and the population smaller, daisytown is one of the cheerier ones.

both muse a and muse b have known each other for a lifetime, growing up together until they eventually took their own paths. it's a cheery picture of flowers and fresh food, and for their whole lives, they've had nothing to worry about from the paradise inside the bubble.

muse a eventually became a scientist. it had always been their dream job, but just a year in, they would be the first to discover that daisytown's walls were letting in radiation. by their estimates, they would have at most 6 months until people started getting sick.

the only problem? they know full well what the leadership plans to do, and it involves killing half the people they've known from birth.

muse b was always the defiant one, a kid of proud smirks and snarky words. they even had a stunt as a makeshift activist in their teen years, though there was never really anything to fight against. from the moment muse a found out, they knew that something had to be done, and they knew muse b could help.

after years, they're finally meeting back up — and it's to save the lives of hundreds.

song:
team - lorde
words:
radiation, coup, chaotic reunion

100 hours

nothing is scarier than the unknown.

neither muse a or muse b really believed that, especially from the warmth of their cozy suburban lives. to them, it was more enticing—especially when that unknown was neatly packaged as a cruise getaway with their more affluent friends. to be honest, they were more friends of friends, but they knew each other and they figured they'd get too drunk to notice.

but, as all anyone half-sober could've foretold, a blackout drunk teenager trying to take over for the missing captain didn't go well. the situation got so bad that it was tangible even through the countless shots: they were lost and systems were down. of course, there were backups for these sorts of things. an alert was sent out, and all they have to do is wait a few days for the coast guard to lift them out.

not everyone took the news as soberly as muse a and muse b did. immediately after the response, almost half the party decided to hitch a ride back on the boat's lifeboats. the navigation systems said they were less than a few hours from land, so everything should've gone fine.

but if they were that close, why would it take days for them to be rescued? why did they never hear anything back from the people that left?

and most importantly, as days keep passing, why aren't they being saved?

notes: this is one of the like, really rare prompts i actually might want to double with, so let me know!

song:
tourist - quinn xcii
words:
lost at sea, mystery, cryptid vibes

santa mar

the seaside town of santa mar was always quaint, to say the least. if not for it's relative lack of modern buildings and tiny population, it would've been a perfect getaway, rocky beaches and sprawling forests included. most who lived there matched: oddly old-fashioned, and somehow even more aloof and forgetful.

muse a was santa mar born and raised. they never found much comfort in their peers, the handful of young people in the town stiff in the same way their parents were. they had never met anybody outside of the town—until muse b came. they were an oddity to say the least.

it had been decades since santa mar had seen someone that wasn't born there, especially someone so normal. it was clear that they were running from something—they had to be—and the townspeople weren't sure if they liked their technology and clothes that looked as if they hadn't been robbed from a grave.

muse a, on the other hand, was ecstatic. meeting someone new and normal, and relatively their age, felt like some sort of blessing. suddenly, everything about the town seemed brighter to them.

but muse b's arrival wasn't one that came without consequence. whether it be by freak coincidence or something stranger, just days after they arrived, it seemed santa mar was completely cut from the grid. most wouldn't have noticed without much tech, but it was clear that something was wrong when one of the residents claimed to have been unable to find the sister town that paralleled them on the coast.

soon, even the sound of the freight ships that often passed faded, the lighthouse's beam broadcasted to an empty sea. the locals were quick to pin it on muse b, but even with their accusations there's no signs to what could've happened. what was once a sleepy town quickly devolves into something more like a faction war. it's up to the both of them to try to keep each other safe, and more importantly, figure out a way back to civilization.

song:
bo en - my time
words:
alone, small town, mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back