• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Elementals

Jay looked over at the door when he heard the doorbell rang throughout the house. He stood up, a little tense. He hoped that it wasn't the officer again; they had barley made it by last time. Howie hung back while he went over to the door.

"Yes?" he opened he door, a friendly smile on his face. To his relief, it was a girl, and not the police he had been dreading.

Clarissa frowns at the boy who had opened the door. Maybe this was the wrong house...

As she struggles to find the right words, Loki starts to squirm as if sensing something. Clary peers behind the boy into the house which is where Loki has his eyes locked. Her eyes widen in shock as she spots the boy in black. Just as in the vision, he is tossing the ball of shadow between his hands but now she can clearly see a tattoo on his arm. It is exactly like her own but larger; her's only covers her shoulder.

"I need to come in." she says absently and pushes past the boy who is standing in the door.

Clarissa marches up to the boy in black, ignoring the surroundings. It is as if she has tunnel vision that is focused on him and him alone. She feels as if he is a part of her. The thought freaks her out.

"Are you like me?" she asks quietly while staring down at him.

Blair had felt her presence- all the way up till now. He had led her here because he felt...connected to her. Was that possible? But when she asked that question, Blair knew it was possible. Very possible.

She seemed like the feminine version of him, with her own demon to boot. Rapier had grown considerably- he now had fangs, red eyes, and a forked tail. He had powers of his own as well as a personality and thoughts.

"Yes. I am like you." Blair said. He stood up and beckoned her to follow him. He exited the house and entered the woods, finding his large seal of darkness stamped onto the ground. He allowed his cloak of darkness to return, along with his shadow demons.

"I am Blair. This is my spot in the woods, and darkness seems to be my power- like you. My demon is named Rapier- and he has been steadily growing for some time." He gestures to Rapier, who was now about the size of two watermelons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarissa knew the boy's answer before he even spoke. She repositioned Loki, holding him under his armpits, before following the boy outside. He led her to the woods where he showed her a shadow mark. Clary kneels down, gently touching the mark. Her tattoo heats up and the mark writhes under her hand. Loki wriggles his way out of her arms and begins to sniff about the shadow mark.

Blair's voice pulls Clary out of her trance. She stands and turns to look at him.

A cape has appeared, billowing out behind him. She wonders how he had down that...

"I'm Clarissa. That is Loki." she tells Blair, gesturing towards her shadow creature who is still investigating the shadow mark. "Do you know what we are? Are we witches?" she asks in hopes that Blair has some answers.

Clary's ebony colored eyes look the boy up and down. She takes in his pitch black hair, his icy eyes, the mark on his arm. If the circumstances were different, she might call him handsome. Maybe...

She reaches out a long, slim finger, touching the tattoo on his arm. She traces the soft curves of the tendrils. Like the shadow mark, it writhes under her touch. She wonders why it behaves like that. Maybe it has something to do with there powers. "I have a mark just like that except yours is much larger." she tells him. "Mine only covers my shoulder."

The tendrils peek out from under her knit sweater and almost reach the hollow of her neck. Clary pulls her wavy hair over her right shoulder, revealing the mark.

Hikari zoned out of conversation and found herself looking at the door. A girl came in who seemed to look like Blair as a girl and went straight up to him. She had a similar mark on her shoulder too and Hikari watched as they went out, she was glad he had found someone to talk to. She came back to the matter at hand as Jay sat back down.

" Maybe we could start with what are powers are and how and when we got them?" She suggested.

" I can control light, I can make orbs and things and shoot it from my hands. I got them a week a go, just after my sixteenth. There was a power cut and in my panic I created a light orb."

Corä stepped up beside her new friend and said "Good plan, Kari!" She turned towards the others. "I am Water." She said dramaticly.

"It's nice to meet you, Clarissa." Blair says, his voice as cold and lifeless as his magic, although it had a certain effect about it. All he could think about was how darkly beautiful she was. "Unfortunately, I have no idea what we are. I was trying to find out more, from the others, before they overreacted. And maybe I overreacted too. But emotions are running high these days." He flashed a small smile, his voice contained a cruel edge, for no reason in particular.

He watched as her eyes searched him, a knowing smile playing across his lips. He knew he could be something to look at, if he tried, and she definitely was. They could work well together, he knew it and so did she. But they mustn't, no, not until they had more answers, but did they really have to push their own emotions for one another aside? But yet, Blair felt a strong connection between the two of them, like an invisible chain linking them together. He knew it and she knew it, they were a dynamic duo.

He let her trace his tattoo, watched as it writhed like the Dark Mark from Harry Potter. He always felt a certain similarity between him and Harry, and he was now beginning to realize it, but he was so distracted by her. Her finger traced his arm ever so lightly, and as the tattoo writhed he could feel the warmth in her touch. It excited him, she excited him, and it had been such a long time since anyone excited Blair.

He could see her lips moving, but his brain registered no sound. He could only see her adjusting his hair to reveal a tattoo like his. He leaned forward and traced it with his finger, his eyes holding her beautiful gaze. He straightened up, he was about a head taller than her, his hand still on the tattoo, which was alive beneath his fingers.

What would be her reaction?

Clarissa didn't quite understand what Blair was talking about or why he had a cruel edge to his voice. She hadn't really heard the last part because her mind was stuck on others. There were more people like them? Were they the people that had been in the house? Suddenly, Clary has a pile of questions she wants to ask. She opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. The way Blair is looking at her makes her freeze. Her heart rate picks up and she can feel her cheeks flush. Clarissa has never had anyone look at her in this way before. It is a bit unnerving.

She attempts to speak again but as his fingers graze her skin, the attempt turns into a complete and utter fail. His touch tickles her neck causing goosebumps to crawl over skin. Her eyes want to flutter shut but she doesn't let them. Despite the strong connection she has with Blair, she isn't about to let him touch her so freely. It takes every ounce of self control for Clarissa to grip his wrist and throw it down at his side where she believes it belongs... for now at least...

"Don't call me Clarissa -- ever. Call me Rae." she tells him with a severe look in her ebony eyes. "Clarissa" is a name that she truly despises. It reminds of her horrid past and she only gives it to people who she could care less about which is most people. Her middle name is what she reserves for people she cares for. Until now, that was only her Uncle.

"Now, about these other people you are talking about... Who are they? Are they like us?" she questions, her composure regained.

Blair smiles inwardly, knowing rejection is all part of the game. Rubbing his wrist in mock pain, he speaks flatly, "Ouch. It's not my fault, Cla-Rae." He quickly stops himself before he really gets himself into the doghouse. "You were the one who introduced yourself as Clarissa, you know." He says, a strange emotion filling his voice.

"Others, why yes, didn't you see them in the house?" He starts walking, slowly circling around her. "However, they have different powers, they don't have our flair for...darkness" At the word 'darkness', he stops abruptly in front of her and turns to face her, blowing a fake kiss. From his lips flies a tiny ball of darkness, which hits her on the cheek and dissipates.

"Like that trick? I just made it up."

Clarissa glared at him even though she knew Blair was right. She had to admit he was charming in an obnoxious kind of way.

As Blair circled her, she followed him with her eyes, trying to focus on what he was saying. She got that the other people who were in the house had powers but different powers than her and Blair. For a moment, a few coherent thoughts formed in her head but then a tiny ball of darkness hits her cheek. It feels almost like Blair touching her cheek but the feel is different; it's tingly and as soft as velvet. It takes a few seconds for Clary to realize he had formed it from... his breath?

She has to hold back a smile. For some reason Clary found it oddly amusing. "That is possibly the cheesiest trick known to mankind." she tells him in a dull, bored tone but the slight twitch of her lip gives her away.

Clarissa cannot explain the connection she has with this boy. Love seems like the best way to describe it but it's not quite the type of way you love a significant other and it certainly isn't the way you love a sibling. Clary stares at him for a moment before going to retrieve Loki.

The little demon gives a surprised and slightly irritated squawk as she lifts him into her arms. "Well excuse me, mister." Clary mutters. She walks back to Blair and grabs his arm, half dragging half leading him back to the house.

Back at the house, Clarissa waits for Blair to knock on the door. She doesn't feel like interacting with those other people even though they are like her.

Blair raises an eyebrow "The cheesiest trick known to mankind? I think not. I'd like to see the best "magician" in the world try to do a trick so profound." He grins.

There was something infinitely mysterious about Rae, and he loved it. He felt the invisible chain between them drawing them closer.

While these events were taking place, his demon, Rapier, was undergoing a transformation. Instead of being a large black Boo-from-Mario shaped thing he was beginning to take form as a sort of jackal with large black wings. Sort of a cross between a Hellhound and a Gargoyle, Rapier was beginning to look intimidating.

Rae took him by the arm and led him back towards the house. Being the evil creature he is, Blair decided to annoy Rae further.

"Rae, why are you taking me back here! I don't like these people and they don't like me! That was the whole point of bringing you to the woods. Plus, we were having so much fun!" He whined. "You know what the others did?" He launched into his high-pitched, storytelling voice as Rae dragged him, "So, I had this like great idea to like talk about our powers. And then this girl just like got really mad so I like left, and then they got this like great idea like 'OMG, let's like talk about our powers' and everyone was like 'OhEmGee yes!' And then they like took credit for my like genius idea. Like like like!" He finished, beginning to laugh.

"The point is, we don't associate well with the others. They don't quite appreciate our ideas until their brains catch up with them a minute later." But by that time they were at the door, Rae's warm touch had left his arm. She left him in front of the door, waiting expectantly for him to knock. But Blair wasn't partial to knocking, so he opened the door and waltzed in.

Clarissa noticed Blair's demon, Rapier, changing form. The new form he took was rather beautiful-if not slightly horrifying... at least Clary thought so; apparently Loki didn't think the same. The little shadow creature hissed at Rapier and bared his tiny fangs. Clary simply chuckled knowing Blair's demon could rip Loki to shreds if he wanted to.

As Blair began to whine, Clarissa's amusement quickly dissipates. She has zero tolerance for whining and she has to resist the urge to punch him. Somehow she knew he was just doing it to pluck her nerves.

Clarissa groans when Blair finally finishes his whining rant but the torture isn't over. He launches into a story about what the other people had done to him, his voice pitched in a highly annoying tone. At first, Clary doesn't find it one bit funny but once he threw in the "likes" and the "OMGs", Clary had to clap a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. By the end of Blair's story Clarissa had given up her attempt at trying not to laugh and her body was now shaking with laughter.

She chokes back her giggles as Blair begins to speak in a much more serious tone. His words made her instantly come to a conclusion about the others but she didn't want to make conclusions about anyone just yet.

Clarissa follows Blair into the house and immediately parks herself in the far corner of the room. She gazes at Blair, wishing he would join her. She wants to be close to him and now that she has met him, Clarissa wonders how she has been apart from him all these years. She wonders how she hasn't felt like a huge chunk of her soul was missing because just being away from Blair now makes her feel empty inside.

To get her mind off of him, she inspects the others. They all look about Clarissa's age, some older. They seem to be discussing their powers. Clary giggles, remembering Blair's story. She tries to figure out each person's power but she can't really tell by looking at them. The best Clary can guess is that the girl with white hair has ice powers or something to that affect. Besides that, the girl looks like she has been injured. Also, the girl with yellowish hair may have the power of light?

"What do you think of all of this, Loki?" she whispers, looking down at her Night-Fury-looking creature. He squeaks meekly as if to say: Holy crap.

Blair was glad that he made Rae laugh. Away from her, he was that sharp corner that parents cover with foam to protect their kids. Rae was the foam, she softened all of his rough edges and made him more bearable. It seemed like he did the same for her.

Blair catches Rae's gaze and through some sort of telepathic communication feels that she wants him there with her. Needs him there with her. And who was he to disappoint?

His cloak and guards disappear with a snap of his fingers, the only trace of his his darkness powers the pulsing tattoo tendrils snaking his body and Rapier following him.

He heads over to Rae and sits next to her. The space was crowded, he could taste her breath. The only thing separating them was Blair's arm, which he quickly adjusted so their sides were touching.

He nudged her foot with his to get on her nerves, his lips forming their trademark grin. He then looked into her eyes, searching for a reaction.

Even though he hadn't known her long, Blair couldn't imagine life without Rae.

Clarissa watched as Blair walked over to her, a small smile on her face. She loved how Blair knew what she wanted without her even having to say anything. Clary isn't very good at talking anyhow.

She places Loki beside her and repositions herself so her and Blair's sides are flush against each other. The warmth of his body seeps into her. She can feel his breath on her face, can feel him breathing in and out and can feel his heartbeat against her side. It's like they are connected in a way. They breathe almost in unison and it puts her in a sort of trance.

When Blair nudges her foot, bringing her back to Earth. She laughs softly and nudges him back then leans in so their noses are almost touching. "So, like, what powers do these people have?" she asks in a whisper, adding the "like" in as a joke.

Clary can't care less if the others are watching but for some reason she doesn't want them hearing their conversation. It's none of their business.

The way Rae's body nestled into Blair's was perfect, as if they were one being.

At this point Blair knew that he was in love with Rae. He wanted to bring her close to him and just hold her there forever. He wanted to make her happy, he wanted to make her smile. He knew they were meant for each other.

He knew she felt the gravitational pull they had on each other, and that both of them could be content with sitting there with each other for all eternity.

But when he and Rae almost touched noses, Blair nearly lost it. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and kiss her, but he hesitated. It was painfully obvious that Rae had more of the courage, but what did he have to lose? He steeled himself for the time, which was drawing nigh.

"Their powers. Well, I know there's ice and fire and light and nature." He starts. "Elements." He can barely focus on the conversation, his eyes flicking from her eyes to her lips and back to her eyes.

His hands find her lower back, and he ever-so-gently begins to pull her towards him, keeping her eye contact.

"It's a small space," he begins, "you're welcome to use my lap as a seat." He smirks, pulling her close enough so her two eyes look like one and their lips are nearly touching.

They're breathing each other's breath.

"Oh." the word was barely audible. Blair's words seemed to glide through her mind, not sticking though. They just floated around for a moment and then they left. Clarissa was much too distracted to focus on anything but Blair. She was so focused infact, that she hardly noticed his hand on her back. She was so transfixed by his ice blue eyes that it wasn't until he began easing her towards him that she realized what he was trying to do.

Clary questioned whether she should pull back or not. Why would I? she asks herself. It suddenly dawns on her that she loves Blair. The realization hits her in the face like a fuzzy kitten, warm and soft. A broad smile spreads across her lips. She feels as if she's known Blair all her life. All of a sudden their relationship seems so simple -- now that she understands it.

Clarissa leans in, closing the small gap between them.

Blair's lips are warm and soft, just like the orb of darkness he had blown at her earlier. Clary tilts her chin up and parts her lips slightly. A fog has shrouded her mind making her forget about everything in the world except Blair. He's the only thing that exists now. Clary brushes his pitch black hair away from his face. She twins his hair around her fingers. Her tattoo pulses in time with her rapid heartbeat.

The time came.

Rae closed the gap between them, and there was no room for Blair to feel embarrassed for not making the move himself.

Rae's lips felt perfect against his, like the shadow of a warm summer's eve. And he knew from that point on nothing would matter except for her.

Who cares if they had strange powers? Who cares if the only people who might have an inkling about their powers were right on this room? The only thing that would ever matter was her. Because somehow love has a way of climbing to the top of your priorities.

As Rae plays with his hair, he wraps his arms around her and pulls her onto his lap, so close to him. She's so warm.

He looks into her eyes, wanting to steal another kiss from her. His tattoo is pulsing, alive from their contact. He gently tugs her closer until there is no longer a gap. Her lips are soft and full and sweet and Blair is confident he could kiss her forever.

Eventually, after the long kiss, they break apart, although there isn't much space between them. Only their lips are just barely separated, they are practically locked in an embrace, their chests touching. There is no room for words, just body language, and they are riding their emotions until the end. Blair thought for sure he would die if they were separated from their current position, if she brought some sense to their madness.

Because, in the words of Emily Dickenson, much madness is divinest sense.

But Blair grounds himself, and fast. He still remembers that they were given these powers for a reason, to stop evil, although he doesn't know HOW he knows these things. He can't get Rae out of his mind, but he can try as hard as he can to focus.

He leans in close and whispers in her ear, "What should we do now? What more is there to learn?". He thinks about their tattoos and how they seem to be connected to their powers, and he immediately reaches a conclusion.

He removes his hand from her lower back and slowly, cautiously, brings it to her shoulder, brushing against her arm slightly in the process. His ice blue eyes holding her gaze, almost asking for permission, he traces the tendril of shadow peeking out from under her sweater, near the hollow of her neck. His touch is ever-so-light, and he can feel her tattoo writhing underneath his gentle touch, and heating up. It felt like the tattoo was a life of its own or...

"What do you feel, you know, when I do this?" He asked seriously as he traced the tattoo, making lazy circles as he felt it move wildly underneath his fingertips. He needed her answer to prove his theory true.

When they finally broke apart, Clary's heart was pounding. Her breath came in little ragged puffs. She could hardly think straight and when Blair whispered in her ear she tried her best to give a logical answer.

"Uh, well... I-I think we should see what the others know. They may know more than us." her voice was slightly shaky as she answered. Clary realized she still had her fingers twined in Blair's hair and quickly disentangled them, pulling some strands in the process. "Sorry." she muttered, placing her hands on his shoulder.

Clarissa's mind was so freaking close to getting somewhere near normalcy until Blair begins slowly snaking his hand to her tattoo. Her mind plunges down the rabbit hole once again at the feel of his fingers on her neck, tracing her mark. His question barely makes its way through the fog.

"It tickles." she answers rather abruptly. "It feels like something is just under my skin-a feather maybe-and its trying to escape. Yeah, that's what it feels like... It's creepy..."

She brushes his hand away. The tickling was getting to her.

"What does yours feel like when I touch yours?"

Clary places a hand on his mark, wondering if he feels the same, odd sensation.

"Yeah, it almost feels like there's something under my skin..."

His eyes meet hers again and widen.

"I think it's a power source."

He can still taste and feel and smell Rae next to him, and he wants to just hold and kiss her forever, but he's making a decent effort at controlling himself.

It doesn't help matters that she's on his lap, and she's having a hard time containing herself too. He tries not to betray anything in his voice, but it epically fails.

He's almost going to lose self control, and it is plainly obvious in his expression

Clarissa cocks her head at Blair's idea of their marks being a power source. Her big eyes are filled with curiosity and she looks a bit like a puppy. "We should test it." she suggests without expanding on how exactly they should go about testing his idea.

Clarissa plays with the strands of hair at the back of Blair's neck while she thinks. She places her head in the crook of his neck. Clary can tell Blair is about to lose control again. She looks up at him, eyes wide. "Maybe we should go outside?"

Clarissa would gladly sit here eternity but she really wants to figure out why they have strange powers and she needs Blair's full attention. And her right mind.

Clary stands, pulling Blair up with her. She leads him outside by his wrist, away from the other chattering kids. Loki follows behind them.

Once they get outside, she looks at him expectantly and gestures with her hand as if to say "come on".

"Well?" she raises an eyebrow. Clary knows very well how to test his theory. It's quite simple really... All they have to do is use their powers and see if their marks respond to it. If it does it probably means the marks are power sources. Clarissa just wants to see if Blair can figure that out.

Blair could read Rae's expression. Even though they were no longer touching, his body pulsed with her heat. It wanted her back.

But luckily his head was in a different place. He knew how to test his theory. He shot a bolt of darkness at the ground, which exploded into a fog of darkness (which quickly dissipated). He felt his tattoo emit a warm feeling, like a laptop charger or battery.

He can't resist any longer, and so he walks over to Rae and pulls her into an embrace. He relishes the feeling of her warmth, and every fiber of his being tingles happily.

Because he still wants to get something accomplished, he whispers in her ear, his lips brushing ever-so-gently against her.

"Did you see anything strange about my tattoo?"

With that he withdraws, allowing his lips to slightly brush her neck as he does. He steps away from her, the absence of her warmth like a gaping wound.

He still wants to get stuff done.

Yes! Sorry! I'm still here. Sorry about that!

Clarissa jumps when Blair sends a bolt of darkness shooting into the ground. She hadn't expected that... She opens her mouth to speak but Blair pulls her into his arms. Her vocal cords suddenly refuse to work. His lips tickle her ear causing her to giggle. She feels like crawling into a hole and never coming out. Since when did she giggle like that? She covers her flushed cheeks feeling like a dumb little girl.

Clary turns her head while speaking. "It lit up. Your tattoo I mean." she says quietly. Clarissa cuts her eyes at him. She is about to tell him to let her go but he backs away without her speaking.

She crosses her arms over her chest. What the hell is she thinking acting all lovey-dovey with this boy? He is practically a stranger. Where has her sense gone?

Clary stands in a defensive stance. Her eyes are rather cold. "What's your last name?" she asks with clipped words. Maybe all of them have something in common that will help explain their powers.

Rae seems cold all of a sudden, so Blair keeps his distance. She had her reasons, who was he to question them? He took a deep breath of air, which had a chill that cleared his mind.

"Hamden. My last name is Hamden." He said slowly. He hated his last name, saying it brought back painful flashbacks. It was evident by his expression that the name pained him, but he hoped Rae wouldn't ask questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back