• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Elementals

Hikari turned to look as a brown haired rushed into the clearing and held the white haired ones body. But Hikari had only one thought the thing in the forest, she had to tell them.

" We have to run, there's something in the forest!"

Ash wasn't listening. He was already running. He couldn't run very fast without hurting Ice, so he was really jogging. He realized his fault in not bringing a car much too late, and decided he'd just have to run to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC opened his eyes to the infinite white stretching away from all direction before him. He was floating among a sea of nothingness, no anchor, no direction, no reason. He was there but not really there, Seeing without his eyes, feeling without his skin, knowing without his head. Another trip to Limbo, he thought. Or something close to it. JC had been visiting places like this more and frequently, everytime the world was in a different shade from before, and everytime he knew exactly what was happening. But stopping it or control it was a different matter. It had been almost 2 years, and all he could really influence was his emotion. When he first experience what he called "Dawning", JC freaked out, big time. And with his personality, freaking out is not something he'd do often, if ever. It happened every full moon, at exactly midnight, and no matter how hard he tried to stay awake, Limbo dragged him back in.

That time, at least, it wasn't long. JC slowly opened his real eyes to find his blue-painted ceiling above him. What a shame, he thought. The white eternity reminded him of snow, and he loved snow. Strange as it was, he loved winter more than anything, when the chilling air cleansed him of the lingering traces of the summer exhaustion, and the snow-white sky covered the city in dim light. And everything he touched did not turn to ice. Winter is the only time of the year that he could fully control his ability.

A shiver ran through his spine. JC frowned, eyeborws furrowed in confusion as he walked out onto the street, wearing only a thin jacket and T-shirt underneath. He never felt cold, could not feel cold, which made the shiver seemed to be rather strange. And if happened again. Suddenly, JC felt a little dizzy, and a vision flashed before his eyes. It wasn't the strange dream, or his mind playing tricks. He knew with absolute certainty that he was looking through someone else's eyes at a patch of forest, with 3 other people surrounding. He instinctively reached up and touched his head, expecting to find blood, but in another the flash the vision was gone, and his hand was clean. Something inside himself screamed in alarm, and JC always follow his instinct. He set out at a accelerating jog toward the place he had seen, a small area he had passed through a few times before.

Ash broke through the trees, almost running straight into a guy. "I don't know you, okay! But I need your help!" He said. He was pale, he knew, but Ice was paler.

Hikari ran the lake as fast as she could calling the other two to hurry up as well. She didn't know what the dark thing had been but she didn't need to. All she knew was that it looked as if it could kill her. She hoped the white haired one would be okay but at least she was out of another kind of danger. Hikari sprinted on urging herself to run faster.

JC grunted as a guy out of nowhere ran straight into him, almost knocking him off his feet with the momentum, but he managed to only wobbled a bit. He frowned, prepared to say something rude back, but his attention snapped from the guy to the girl on his back. Her head was bleeding quite badly, and the dude carrying her probably has no idea what to do about it. He also knew, without really knowing how, that she was connected to him in some way. JC shook his head once and cleared the emotions and thought aside, focusing on the task at hand.

"Let me carry her." He said. And before the guy even had a chance to object, he took the girl's limp form in his hand, turned and ran at full sprint downhill toward his house. Lucky for the girl, his place was right near where he was, and he had only ran for a few minutes before meeting them. JC knew that it might not be long until she had a concussion, and that would be bad. Really bad.

Jay followed them, worried about Blair's condition. He stayed a few feet behind the others and kept glancing back at the forest; he finally caught sight of their pursuer the third time. Since there was quite a distance between them now it was hard to make out, but an unnaturally dark form seemed to be emerging from the trees.

"What is that...?" he questioned under his breath before turning back around.

Hikari looked to see the injured girl only a little way ahead of them and the other two were following her a little way behind. Hikari kneeled down breathless once she reached the road pushing her hair out of her face. They'd done it! But what the heck was that thing she'd seen?

Ash gaped at the guy as he took his best friend and ran. Then, he followed suit. He felt really sick as he looked at how pale and bloody Ice was. He also had no idea why the stranger was being so protective of her.

Jay increased his pace slightly to catch up to the boy who had been previously holding Blair. The other male was obviously distressed about the whole situation; he must be fairly close to her.

"She'll be alright." Jay reassured Ash.

Tegan sighed as he walked down the main street of the town. He had his hood up and hands tucked into his jeans, and he kept his eyes down, making sure he didn't make eye contact with any passerby's. He usually avoided the busier parts of town if he could help it, but today his Aunt was making him run some errands for her. As he was walking, he heard three girls chatting away on the other side of the street. He glanced up at them for a moment, but then out of the corner of his eye, he could see something strange and grotesque hiding in the shadows of the alley way. Tegan stopped in his tracks. He pivoted slightly towards the thing to make sure his mind wasn't playing tricks on him, but still careful not to make eye contact with it just to be safe. Tegan gasped at the site of the monster. It was just like the ones he's seen in his nightmares lately. To make things worse, it had its eyes, or what looked like eyes, on the three friends that were walking down the street, particularly the bubbley one with brunette hair and bright blue eyes.

This wouldn't be the first time that Tegan has seen these horrid creatures. Ever since that full moon after his birthday last year, he's been seeing these same disgusting creatures everywhere, in his nightmares and in reality. Nobody seems to notice them besides him, and even if he did tell somebody, he knew nobody would believe him. They'd push him off as some lunatic that needs to get a grip on reality. He was almost glad to move to his Aunt and Uncle's house here in Waterbridge. Maybe he'd be able to get away from the demons...

Every fiber of his being was telling him to run and never look back, but he knew he couldn't let the fiend eradicate the young women. Without thinking, Tegan charged out into the street towards the monster, nearly getting hit by a few cars. Some of the driver looked ticked off at him, but he only cared about the monster and the girls' safety. Just before the girls came up to the alleyway, Tegan jumped in front of them and tackles the beast.

"Um. I really don't know." Blair said to the guy standing in front of him. He didn't usually talk to strangers, or anyone for that matter, but today was different.

He ran his fingers through his hair and looked around, like he was being pursued. But the shadow had gone, although he felt it hadn't dissipated. Then he suddenly realized he could feel its path, as if the monster were attached to him. And the monster had done something bad, someone was hurt, he could feel it.

"Uh, if you don't mind, I really have to go," He said to the guy in front of him. "Someone's hurt, and it feels like it's my fault." He looks gravely at the guy and then runs towards the lake, in pursuit of the shadow.

Following the path it had carved led him to a clearing, where a bunch of other teens were. He saw a girl with a snowflake on her shoulder. Gingerly, he uncovered his arm and saw a dark circle, which seemed to be swirling with darkness. He felt faint.

He continued following the shadow's path until it led him to a man. Before he could do anything, the guy tackled the shadow. His shadow. This was all his fault.

He sat down and cupped his face in his hands. What had he gotten himself into?

Hikari stood up as the white haired kid was carried away. She still did'nt know who any of the other kids were. A dark haired boy ran past them and for a second she thought she saw a dark swirl on his shoulder but then he was gone.

" Are you guys all okay?" Hikari asked the two boys and girl who were standing by her.

" My names Kari by the way."

"Think. Think!" He told himself as he sat. "Concentrate." He felt power swell inside him, and then pulled the shadow's energy back inside him. He had no idea how, but he did it. Now it couldn't hurt anyone else.

Feeling a little better, he headed back to where he saw the other teens. Perhaps they knew something about these mysterious powers. As he walked, something strange happened. A small little shadow appeared, floating beside his right shoulder. It looked like a little black Boo from Mario. He dismissed it, stranger things had happened today, and reached the spot where the teens were.

"Hi, I'm Blair, and I have a feeling you guys might have these weird powers too. So can we all talk about it? I need some help." He raised his hand a little and gave a weak smile.

Hikari smiled at Blair as he walked towards them. She wasn't alone! She wondered what the other kids could do, it was like being in the Avengers!

" Yeah sure do you want to come to my place we can talk about it there?" Hikari said.

" I hope that other girls okay."

Jay paused in surprise. So these people had powers too? He subconsciously placed his hand over his shoulder, where he knew a strange mark was inlaid in the skin. It had been a long time since he had wondered over the mystery of his powers, but now that he knew others had it, the curiosity returned tenfold.

"We should get her to his house first, since it's closer." Jay finally responded, indicating the boy that was carrying Ice. "Then we can talk about what's going on. Um...do you mind if I ask what that creature by your shoulder is?" Jay questioned, looking at the strange ghost-like thing hovering beside the dark haired boy's shoulder.

Hikari too looked at the little creature and wondered what it was as she started to walk towards the injured girl. Hikari looked at the sun on her shoulder, she was so happy these guys had powers too.

" Come on we better catch up with them" Hikari said quickening her pace.

" Slow down!" She called to the boy. She hoped the white haired one would be okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whirling round anxiously, Corä saw a breathless boy leaning on the wall. Remembering the strange demon figure that disappeared round the corner, Corä looked at her friends.

"Did you guys see that thing?" She questioned her friends. Looking confused, Beth answered "What thing?" Corä frowned. Had they been looking in completley in the wrong direction, or was it something else.

"Never mind…" Glancing at each other her to friends said bye and left. Being a curios girl, Corä knew she couldn't leave until she had checked this out for herself. Feeling the strange boys eyes boring into her, Corä glanced round the corner and saw…nothing. Just as she was about to leave, Corä gazed at the boy and asked, "Did you see it to?" Before he had time to answer, Corä was bumped by a sweaty boy carrying a girl. She looked injured.

"Gee, is that girl all right? Oh my sweet doritoes- she's bleeding! She needs a docter!"

JC reached his house in no time. He was dimly aware of some others talking behind, following right after his steps, but their words didn't register in his mind. All of his attention was on the bleeding girl. His reaction seemed rather odd to himself. JC was never the heroic type of guy, running around offering his help to strangers. Nor was he felt much empathy toward others. Yet, this girl was different. Somehow, he could feel her pain, feel her confusion and disorientation, and they burned him inside, much more than they should have been. His attention was all on helping her.

JC threw his front door opened violently, running inside. Luckily, that day his dad was out hunting, leaving him all by himself. Or it might not be so fortunate. His father always know what to do. He could hear the others following him inside, which would tick him off big time normally, but at that moments they didn't matter. He went into the living room and gently set her down on the couch, then went into the bathroom and returned in no time with the first aid kit. He knew rather well how to treat wounds, part of the army iron disciplin that was drilled into him by his father.

He looked down at her delicate features and his heart throbbed painfully in his chest when he saw the confusion in her eyes. Gently, JC set to cleaning and bandaging the wound.

Hikari followed the boy into his house, the other boys,girl and Blair following behind. She went into the sitting room as the boy started to bandage up the injured one. She wondered if they too had powers. Hikari vaguely remembered her mums numerous stranger danger lectures but this was too important. Looking again at the bleeding girl Hikari asked" Can I help?"

JC finished patching up the girl in record time. Well, record time for him anyway. He noted to himself that in his life, he had never been that focused on anything before. Which again begged the question of why did he care so much? Even when she was safe, he still felt a lingering worriness dragging his heart down everytime he looked at her. It was out of his control, he realised, much like the trips to Limbo in his dreams. They felt natural to him, even though no matter he forced his mind to work, he couldn't dig up a reason. He wondered if they were connected.

JC heard a girl offering help and turned to face the others. He had seen them all before, but never knew them personally. He sighed and rubbed his way tiredly. "She's stable for now. I don't see any serious injury, it was just a cut and some blood lost. Now can anyone in here tell me what happened back there? No wait, first introduce yourselves."

Jay had watched as the other male bandaged her up, relieved that she finally got the medical attention she needed. Now he turned to the person that had helped her to respond. "I'm Jay."

"I have no idea what this is." Blair said plainly, gesturing to the little floating thing. "Stranger things have happened, and anyway, I've grown quite fond of it." He followed the light-haired girl.

Blair stood uncomfortably by the door. People were never his thing, lately it seemed like emptiness and darkness were. How depressing.

He heard the question and payed attention to the names. If he wasn't good at socializing, he WAS good at listening. The guy who had asked about his ghost friend-pet was Jay, and the light-haired girl was Hikari.

"I'm Blair." He says shyly.

Corä (who had followed them to the house) looked relieved when the boy had finished cleaning the wounds-the poor girl looked a lot less pale now. Glancing shyly at the others, Corä felt the need to stay by their side.

" I am Corä. Nice to meet you guys!" She said, glad to be part of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back