• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Elementals

(I'm kind of sad that I don't have a partner wah x3)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay faltered slightly when he noticed Blair pass him, but only for a moment before continuing to the woods. As much as he wanted to talk to the other male, there was something he had to do first.

Panting, he stopped once he was surrounded by the trees. He took a moment to calm his breathing before deciding on calling out. Normally he hated breaking the peaceful silence, but right now he had a good reason.

"Howie! You there?" He waited anxiously. Finally, after an agonizing minute, he heard bushes rustle to his left. He turned to see a small buck walking toward him. Jay's concern melted in relief as he walked and crouched down in front of him.

"Good, you're safe. I was worried you might have gotten hurt with all that's gone on." Jay spoke as he patted the animal's back. He had discovered Howie alone many months ago and they almost immediately had a connection. Naturally, it had taken a while for the deer to become comfortable around him, but now Howie was his best friend.

Howie was extremely small for his species, standing barely two feet tall even with his antlers. No spots were on his hide, however, indicating that he was a full grown deer. Although it was odd, Jay had just assumed that it had something to do with dwarfism.

"...how about you come with me?" Jay offered after a moment. Howie seemed a little shaken up as if he had been frightened by whatever had happened in the woods. The deer ducked his head in a hesitant nod, and Jay smiled. With all of these new strange things that were happening, at least he would have familiar Howie standing beside him. "Alright, let's go. We'll go back to the house where the others are."

Last edited by a moderator:
Blair thought about using and absorbing energy and realized he hadn't got tired yet. What could it mean?

His thoughts were interrupted by Jay returning from the woods with a miniature deer. Wait, what?

Blair got up, fascinated, and walked out of the door, shutting it behind him. He didn't want to expose the normal teen to too much.

As soon as the door was shut, Blair had his cloak and servants return. He intercepted Jay with inquiries about his miniature deer.

"Who's that? Does he have to do anything with your-um-powers?"

Tegan gasped slightly as the girl looked back at him. He noticed that she was the same person from back at the alley. Tegan took a step back while trying to keep his gaze off of hers. "I-I'm...I'm Tegan," he studdered.

Suddenly, a blast hits the door behind Tegan, causing him to stumble forward. He quickly turned around and raised his fists up, ready for anything that came his way, but then the monster disappeared suddenly. Tegan relaxed again, confused but still relieved. "Just like the monster before," He whispered. He looked around the small room, noticing how the others could see the monster, and how even some of them were about to fight too. Those signs definitely proved that he wasn't alone with this, and these people without a doubt, had some sort of explanation to this mysterious power. The answers would come soon enough.

Tegan turned his gaze to the older woman that had driven off the dark boy. There was something about her that was almost driving him to get to know her. Tegan unconsiously moved through the crowd towards the woman, just enough so that he could observe her without being too....creepy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2

Jay paused in thought. He had never really considered it before, but...it would actually explain quite a bit. He had found Howie less than a month after gaining his powers, and had witnessed a few strange things when around him. Small things, like the grass bending strangely or a flower shifting position. Back then Jay had believed that it had been due to his newly acquired powers, but...it wouldn't be too strange to think that Howie had been doing it. In fact, it sounded right somehow.

"This is Howie. I never really thought about it before, but...yeah, I think he might be connected to me somehow. He can use similar powers to my own." He stated in realization.

Howie, seeing the large group of people in the house, hid behind Jay's leg shyly.

Ice desperately wanted to go home. So she got up and approached the boy she was drawn to. She felt nervous somehow, and wasn't sure how to begin.

Ash glanced at Jay as if he were crazy. Again, he didn't see anything. "What...?" He whispered, flustered and slightly angry.

Hearing Ash's voice, Blair whipped around.

"There are things you do not understand. Go to Ice and ask questions- I do not know you well enough to handle it myself."

With that, he turned back to Jay and gestured to Rapier.

"He's connected to my powers too. The more I learn about them, the more he grows. He also has powers. What are your powers?"

"Nature, I guess you could call it. I can control plants and trees." Jay explained. He had never really tested his powers to the limit before; he had only used them for convenient situations every now and then.

"I'm sure you know mine." Blair blushed, and as the heat flooded to his cheeks his cape of darkness reappeared. It exposed the black tendrils of power snaking from his shoulders to the heels of his palms. They writhed, very much alive, surging with power.

"I've had a bit of time to experiment with my powers, though" Blair said, quickly extending his arms, palms facing the ground. As he did this, a dark circle was stamped on the ground, like the one he left in the woods.

"Sometime, you should experiment. You never know what you can do." Blair cast a ball of shadow into the sky, which exploded and turned the sky dark- like nighttime, but only for an instant.

Unused to all this commotion, Corä breathed a sigh of relief when the Demon thing had left. Suddenly, some people left and others argued and…Corä felt like she was being watched. Looking up, she found herself gazing into the eyes of, what was his name? Oh yes, Tegan! Grinning, Corä noticed the tatoo on his shoulder, it was like hers!

"Hi Tegan. Nice to meet you!" She said, feeling her cheeks glow bright crimson.

Hikari smiled pleased everything seemed much calmer. She noticed Blair come back into the house and was pleased that he had come back and was now being friendly. Hikari looked around unsure of where to go, she didn't want to interrupt Blair and Jay as she didn't want to crowd him, he was probably calming down. Seeing Cora, who looked nice Hikari went over to them and said" Hey! Is it okay if I talk with you guys? What can you do, I guess I control light!"

"Oh hey Kari!" Corä said as shikari smiled. Her heartbeat raised and she fumbled with her bag strap.

"Urr, well…I presume I can control Water." She sank to her knees and sighed.

"I gained these powers at my 16th party and I took my buds swimming to secretly see what I can do! But Rosalie fell in and I jumped in to save her. We were sinking but when I lifted my hand, the water made us float to the surface." Corä explained, "I've been trying to control them ever since…" She trailed off as she felt Kari's hand on her shoulder. She stood up and wiped her eyes, sniffing. She sensed Tegans anxiety, turned and smiled at him.

Ian walked with his hands in his pockets. Wearing a white hoodie, blue shorts, and white vans, he wandered down the street listening to his favorite song. Suddenly, the sky turned black but only for an instant. Had he blinked? Then, he saw a guy walk into a house with a spherical mist attached to his shoulder. Ian had just moved here and already things were getting weird. He peeked into the yard, where the door was open.

He heard conversation. "Powers... darkness... creatures." Sam realized they could be referring to what had happened to him recently. On his 16th birthday, was a day he would never forget. Ian sneaked closer and looked inside. He saw many people, more than 7, all in one living room.

Blair tossed a ball of darkness from hand to hand, not sure what to do. He was always socially awkward, but he was different now. He looked at the veins of darkness running down his arm.

He started building out of shadow, constructing small, mundane things, then settled on making a worthy bodyguard- a big black wolf he named Scythe.

Tess, who had still been sitting discreetly on the couch after Ice left to go approach JC, quietly thought to herself What am I doing here? She hated large crowds and now there was a mass of people milling about the house that Ice had been brought to. All Tess wanted was to find out more about the girl, but now she felt like she was having to endure suffocation. It was to some extent funny also considering that she wasn't even being extremely sociable at the moment. Then it dawned on her like the eerie sunset that was breaking through the clouds on the horizon. She was claustrophobic. That explained her dislike of closed off spaces like the indoors and large crowds.

Suddenly though Tess's attention was drawn to the change in atmosphere as Blair openly flaunted what he was capable of. But this isn't what caused the woman to start backing towards the door. No, it was the sudden dark sky that Blair had decided to produce. Is this boy begging for a death wish? She wondered. There was no escaping it now, he had just leaked their position and advertised out to everyone in town that something strange was going on at JC's house. Tess could only imagine what was gonna happen to them.

However she didn't have much time to ponder this or to escape before gaudy knocking on the front door signaled a new individual. Cautiously, the earth elemental advanced on the door and, creaking, it slid open to reveal the town's commanding police officer, a hefty middle aged man who was well skilled with the use of his weapons. "Excuse' me mam, but I've been getting a few reports of a commotion at this residence, are you the owner of this household?" The tactful police officer grunted at her. Tess stared at him panicking for a second then regained her bearing.

"Ah no...I was just about to leave..." She uttered, pointing out the door. The officer shot a look back over his shoulder towards the old beat up crusier he drove to work with every morning, wishing silently that he could go home now cause his wife was waiting for him. Instead though, the officer pushed Tess back a little (at which she hissed back at him some offending words) and shouted, to the gathering of teens, "Now kids, what in the name of god is going on in here?! Is there a riot happening in this house?!"

Jay quickly turned around while Howie hid behind his leg again. "No, of course not, sir." he said, trying to sound calm. "We were all just gathering for a...large group project for school. I apologize if we were being too loud. We'll make sure to be quieter, sir." Jay hoped that the officer would buy the lie; he had no idea what would happen if he didn't.

Corä smiled at Jays well thought up lie and gazed innocently at the officer, willing him to believe Jay. She opened her mouth to say something but decided against it. She had a big mouth and tended to blab an awful lot! The Policeman looked thoughtful for a moment as he gazed around the group. Suddenly, his eyes fixed on Ice - Corä realised that he had spotted the dried blood on Ice's shirt.

Hikari looked anxiously past Corä to look at the police officer by the door. She should have known they should be more careful! Hikari widened her big brown eyes as the police man stared right at the blood on Ice's jumper! She racked her head for an excuse but she couldn't think of one, what would they do?

Ian approached the officer and entered view.

"It's alright, sir. We all are working on a drama project for school. As you can see, the character she's playing required a little make-up." Ian gestured towards the girl with the blood stain.

"Sometimes, we get very into our parts. It would be fittingly to look the part." Ian smiled, a half smile, hoping his lie worked.

Tegan's eyes locked wiht the same woman as before again. He darted his eyes away from hers, feeling his cheeks become warmer. When he answered her back, his voice could barely be heard above the roar of the teenagers in the house. "I-it's nice to meet you too...umm," He faltered at the end, since he forgot the woman's name. Did he ever catch her name?

Then another girl with blond hair came over to the two and started talking to them about her powers. He backed up slightly from the two girls, not wanting to get in the middle of their conversaiton, but closed enought that he could still hear them. So these two could control light and water, and judging by these two, everybody else in the room had some sort of power as well. It's like they were all drawn together to this spot, bonded by these tattoos, these powers, this whole curse.

A pinge of worry hit Tegan when he saw the young woman crying, but then the girl from before looked back at him with a reassuring smile. A small smile crept onto Tegan's lips. "I think you're really brave for saving your friend like that," he said, smiling directly at her.

Tegan jumped when the police barged in and ordered an explanation for the commotion. He slowly backed away from the police, glancing around for any escape routes just in case things took a turn for the worse.

Jay nodded to Ian's statement, relieved that someone had thought of something to say. "We've been practicing with makeup and fake blood. Our drama teacher likes everything to look as realistic as possible, even when we're just rehearsing, sir."

The policeman still seemed a little suspicious as his eyes darted between all of the teens, but the finality in his tone when he spoke ensured that he was leaving. "Alright, I'll believe that for now. Just keep it down from now on. If I hear any more about this then I will call in your parents." With that, the man finally left.

Jay sighed in relief as he watched the officer's car drive off. Howie looked up at him, slightly more at ease now that the intimidating officer was gone, and Jay gave the deer a reassuring smile.

Hikari grinned with relief as the police officer left the house. Talk began again but it was definitely quieter. It looked as though they had all heeded the police mans words. Hikari looked around for Corä but then turned her eyes to the clock. It was getting late and it was the first day back tommorow at school and Hilari didn't want her parents to worry.

Blair sat in the corner of the house. He had already caused enough trouble, and didn't wish to cause any more. It seemed like these people didn't accept him- which didn't particularly bother him. He tossed a ball of shadow from hand to hand as he thought.

A brief silence passed through the house, everyone still tense from the police officer. Jay sat down on the floor with his legs crossed, absentmindedly running his hand over Howie's back. He glanced at a clock on the wall; it would be getting dark soon.

"Okay, since we'll all probably need to start leaving in an hour or so for school, let's try to figure out everything we can for now." he insisted.

Clarissa awoke to a dimly lit room and a sleeping Loki curled up on her feet. His bat wings were wrapped around his body like a blanket. Clary smiles a bit at her cute little demon before stretching her arms over her head, cat like. She sits up and strokes his leathery tail then starts to get out of bed but something odd happens... She isn't in her room anymore. She's in someone else's house but when Clary looks down, she doesn't see her body. Instead she sees a boy's body. He is wearing all black and she thinks he is about her age. She could feel his emotions: out of place, secluded and a bit rejected. Those emotions certainly weren't new to Clarissa but she knew they weren't her's. What really struck her was the ball of shadow he was tossing between his hands. Was he like her?

Before she had a chance to figure it out, the vision dissipated.

There was one simple thought stuck in her mind. I need to find him. Somehow Clary knew that hadn't been some weird daydream -- it was real. "Loki, are you coming with me?"

The shadow creature lifted his head and gazed at her with his gleaming, blood-red eyes. They had no pupils, just an oval red eye that looked much like a stuffed animal's eye. They seemed to be holding the question: And where exactly are we going?

"I... don't really know. To a house I guess." she replies vaguely while throwing on a white knit sweater, a pair of washed, ripped jeans, a bird skull necklace and her converses. Not many things matter to Clary but clothes do. She likes to express herself through her outfits-she figures it makes up for her lack of personality around strangers or just people in general.

"Well? Are you coming or not?" she asks again, this time a bit more forcibly. She is getting impatient. Every second she stays in her room it reminds her she could be looking for that boy.

Loki dips his head and Clarissa takes it as a "yes" then swoops him up. She holds him under her armpit like a purse while she heads towards the door. "Goodbye, Uncle Gideon!" she calls before walking outside.

Clary didn't remember how she got to the house. One minute she was walking down the sidewalk and the next minute she was standing at someone's door. It was as if the boy had guided her but that was impossible... Wasn't it? She looks down at Loki, wondering what he thinks about the situation. He looks back at her and squawks. It's his way of saying: Get on with it! She smirks.

Clarissa knocks on the door tentatively at first then more determined. She waits for someone to answer, the anticipation just about smothering her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back