• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Elementals

Not too long after the monster showed itself had it disappeared suddenly. Tegan's eyes widened in shock for a moment, but then he sighed in relief at the danger being gone for the time. Tegan stood up and turned to the girl, whose eyes locked with his. He cringed and tore his eyes away from hers. There was something about her, something different, and he could feel it too. Tegan's eyebrows furrow at the young woman's question. She could see that creature too? Tegan reached out a hand to her, wanting to ask her more about what she's seen, but he then he stopped in his tracks when the woman cried out about an injured girl. He ran up beside the woman to get a better view of the injured person. At that moment, Tegan noticed a peculiar tattoo on her shoulder. It was in the exact spot that his tattoo was, but instead it was a different shape. Could this mean she's...?

Tegan began to absentmindedly follow the two to their destination. Maybe they'd have some answers to what seem like 'unsolvable questions'. He hesitated at going inside when he reached the house, seeing that a crowd of people had already gone inside. Tegan disliked being around even this small of a crowd, but despite this he pressed on, following them inside. He kept his distance from the group, even during the mini introductions, hoping nobody would notice his presence.

Hearing a rustle behind her, Corä spyn round and her gaze fell upon a young man, a little way back from the crowd. Smiling, Corä recognised him as the young man across the street when the Demon thing had appeared.

"Hi, whats your name?" she asked fiddling with her bag strap.

The crowd was thickening and there was nothing Blair would have liked more than to leave. But he decided he needed to stay, because these kids were like him. He also needed to take some action, conversation was straying away from the subject of powers.

"Can we all talk about what we've learned from our powers, so we can better ourselves?"

As much as he hated to do it, he had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tess, who had been with Ice since she had first smashed into the tree trunk, decided to join the others in taking the girl to a safe spot after the collision, but stayed quiet the during the time period while they ran. She thought back gingerly to when cut and scrapes were the normality for her, when the wild was all she knew, but now everything was so strange and different. Tess would have never imagined running through a small town to get a wounded girl medical attention back in those days, but it wasn't the only thing that had changed after her move to the rural city. No, the biggest problem was of course what the boy Blair was going on about, her powers. Tess tried everyday so hard to keep it hidden for she knew that it wasn't a natural ability and if people discovered it they'd do one of two things. Firstly they could want to start experimenting with what she could do, probably leading to a quite depressing outcome, or they might just call for witchcraft and try burning all the kids in this house at the stake. People had a tendency to blow things out of proportion.

Those reasons were enough to get Tess to drive Blair to shut up about the situation he was attempting to present. "I'm Tess." Tess curtly announced then turned towards Blair, "Hey kid," she growled,"think you could hush up about whatever 'powers' you're talking about? Ice is probably feeling crowded right now so I'd suggest we take this conversation outside till she feels a bit better anyways."

However, despite the 18 year old's attempt to steer the topic back away from the powers she had hid for two years, it was plaintively obvious that most of the teenagers in the room currently all had matching tattoos on their shoulder. None of the tattoos were glowing as of yet, but they were still sticking out like a elephant in the room.

Hikari looked across at Tess, annoyed that she had been nasty to Blair who's suggestion had been perfectly fine.

" Look I see what your saying but people could hear us outside and I'd quite like to know what you guys know about our powers."

"Guys, let's just calm down." Jay insisted, noticing the escalating situation. "We really should figure out what's going on. It's pretty crowded in here, so I think it would be a good idea to talk outside."

Blair knew speaking up was a bad idea from the start, and now he saw his worst fear come to life. He had once heard a fact from his 4th grade teacher, which was: More people are afraid of speaking in front of others than getting mauled by a bear. He now saw that this was true.

So Blair just left. He didn't know where he was going, but as long as he was far away from the others it would be just fine with him. It was a shame, as they all could have learned a lot from each other, but Blair decided he could learn just as well on his own.

As he walked down the street, anger boiled up inside him. He could feel the tattoo on his arm start to heat up as tendrils of darkness snaked down his arm. He would show them not to mess with him.

Suddenly, his hoodie and jeans exploded into a black cloak that trailed behind him like a shadow. Two shadow-demons flanked him like servants. Blair stopped and turned around, forcefully extending his arm towards the door of his house.

Keep in mind that Blair had no idea what he was doing, he was running on pure emotion. So when he extended his arm towards the door, a ball of darkness shot out of his hand. Like a snowball, it hurtled towards the open door of the house, and when it reached it, exploded into a shimmering curtain of darkness. Blair didn't know what it did, and he had no intention of finding out.

His back turned to the house, he walked leisurely into the woods, intending to practice his powers in them. He just hoped no one would have the guts to follow him. He didn't want to hurt anyone, angry as he was.

His Pet ghost grew bigger, and emitted a shadow ball of its own.

Hikari froze in terror as a shadowy demon stood in the front doorway. Looking behind it she could see Blair walking away a dark cloak billowing out behind him.

" Blair!" She cried upset that he was trying to hurt them. She had thought Blair was nice enough but...

Hikari sighed and rolled up her sleeve feeling her tattoos warmth against her hand the suns rays sending a soft glow through her body and lifted her hands. She was not going to let the demon hurt her friends.

Jay turned in surprise to see some sort of shadow beast. His eyes then flicked over to the retreating Blair, who seemed unconcerned with what was happening as he walked away.

"I don't think he realizes what he's done." Jay stated. He hoped that the demon wouldn't try to attack them, but he was almost sure it would. He didn't use his power just yet, simply watching the creature--if he could avoid a fight, he would.

Hikari held out her hands ready she wasn't sure if she could control her powers enough to aim properly. Hikari heard Cöra shouting in the background but kept her hands steadily towards the demon. It wouldn't kill anyone if she could help it.

" Help guys, I can't kill it alone!"

Corä stared at Hikari as she lifted her hands to aim at…oh no! Another demon?!

"Guys!" She cried, causing the crowd to turn and look." Its a demon thing-is it dangerous?" As she finished her last words the Demon scanned the group and took a step closer, menecingly. Corä froze and felt the courage drain out of her. She wanted to run but she couldn't!! She knew that that demon thing wouldn't leave without a fight....

Jay reluctantly conceded to the situation. Unfortunately, it seemed like their only option was to fight. Allowing his power to flow through him, he summoned up the closest source that he could control. Thin sinewy roots ripped themselves out of the ground at his command and rose in front of him, ready to move at a moment's notice.

Ash watched in shock as all of this unfolded. He didn't know what to do; stay with Ice or help the others. But he didn't even understand what was going on! What were they fighting? They must all be insane! He didn't see anything. All he saw was this huge black orb break down the door, and then Hikari asked for help to kill something he couldn't see.

Ice opened her eyes very slowly. She'd been waking from her unconsciousness for some time now, but she'd only now completely woken. She looked around, slightly confused. "Ash?" She didn't know the others. Keep for Jay and Tess. The others were strangers to her. "What's going on?" She looked at the doorway, gazing at the shadow-man. She jumped up, ignoring her dizziness. She had to help, she knew, but how?

Blair, now in the woods, could feel his shadow demon by the door and the panic it was causing. He began to feel a little faint himself, as he hadn't meant to hurt anyone.

Frantically, he brought its energy back into him, absorbing its power and causing it to dissipate. At least now he wouldn't cause any lasting damage.

He then began to experiment with his powers. First he opened a gigantic hole in the ground, a seething dark abyss that looked like it never ended.

Closing it back up, Blair realized that he could manipulate darkness as an object- sending waves of it in any direction. At one point he even constructed a structure out of nothing but darkness.

Then he created beings out of the darkness, a massive dog and more shadow demons. He also summoned dark beings from all around the world- banshees and demons and devils.

He made his power more complicated as time passed- setting tasks for his servant demons. He stamped a circle of dark energy into the ground and instructed a demon to not let anyone get within a 10ft radius of him. With that, he slept within his dark circle, pulling a blanket made of darkness around him.

All the while, his ghost pet, which he named Rapier, swelled to the size of a bowling ball.

Ice gaped as the shadow being disappeared. "Stop!" She said. Somehow, she knew those weren't the things they really needed to kill. She'd witnessed what was the true danger, and she only just realized the difference. These beings were misty and completely black. The real danger was completely solid, with piercing crimson eyes and a red pentagram on their torso. They had long, black claws, too. These monsters were the foundation of her nightmares. The misty shadow beings they were seeing were the creations of Blair, which meant he had powers, just like her. And Tess! Tess had that tattoo! She looked at Ash with apologetic eyes. "I'm so sorry I dragged you into this."

Ash shook his head at Ice's apology. "Dragging me into what?" He was very confused, but he shook it off. "Look, I'm just glad you're okay. Don't do that to me again!" He said hoarsely. He'd worry about his confusion later. "We are not coming back here tonight." He told her firmly.

Hikari felt her powers flow through her and urged it out of her fingertips sculpting a glowing sphere that she could throw at a moments notice. But then all of a sudden the demon disappeared shrinking into a black orb and then whizzing of out the door. Hikari breathed a sigh of relief, the demon had gone! she heard the white haired kid shout she was glad she was okay. Hikari looked around, it seemed as though the excitement was over.

Ice shook her head. "Ash. You need to go." She said seriously. "I don't want you hurt."

Ash squinted at her. "I'm not going anywhere. Not with the position you're in." He shook his head. "And what on earth is going on here! That black... Orb, and then you!" He pointed at Hikari. "What are you?"

Ice grabbed his arm. "Ash! Don't be rude!" She glared at her arm. "I can do something like that, too." She put her other hand on the wall behind her, covering some of it with sparkling ice. "This is why I need you to leave."

Tess watched silently whilst Blair left the room. It was sort of random to be honest, all the earth elemental had done was ask to take the conversation outside. Did that warrant the boy angry enough to actually stampede out of the house? Kinda odd, but that wasn't the strangest thing. For as soon as Blair's presence was no longer in the room a dark beast had rose up from whatever depths of hell it had came from. Tess stumbled backwards against a nearby wall in shock. Of course she had seen these dark beings quite a few time before and even managed to kill one once. Well not so much kill it as she had simply speared it through the head and it just disintegrated and 'looked' like it had died/was officially gone. However, not once Tess had ever seen one within someones house, she had thought it impossible.

But as she looked in awe at the creature before all of them a thought occurred to her. Only she could have ever seen this shadowed beast before and now alot of these teens around her could to. This confirmed that they were able to alter the elements around them in the same way she was able to. Although it also flushed out those who were not like her. Looking around, Tess's noticed the conversation going on between Ash and Ice and walked towards them, sitting down on the sofa that Ice had been originally placed on.

"That's odd huh?" She directed towards Ash, "Kinda like everyone in here is seeing things, but don't worry about it. Seems to be gone now." Tess then winked at Ice letting her know and confirming that she wasn't alone with her powers and that she should just show him cause he was already confused enough.

Tess hated being open about her element like that, but what else was there to cover up in this house? A girl had already used her powers, a shadowed being had appeared, and most of the kid's tattoos were peaking out. It was like a nightmare to her. All those years of hiding and now every single one of them were in the open.Well it was too late now. Whatever was gonna happen to them was gonna happen.

Ice appreciated Tess's wink. She gave a small smile, then turned back to Ash.

Ash blinked at the girl before him. "What's gone?" He threw his hands in the air in exasperation. "What is going on!?"

JC hanged back, observing. It was what his father had taught him to do, it was part of his instinct. But he didn't have to do anything after all, the situation resolved itself. He had seen some weird things in his life, but other than the Limbo trips, they were nothing compare to that. He called out: "It's cold out there. you'd probably want to go back inside now." He turned without waiting for an answer and go prepare some tea.

Ice blinked, watching the guy who'd just called out turn around and walk away. There was this strange draw to him, that's what she felt. She felt the overwhelming urge to just get up and ask who he was, but how strange would that be?

Ash didn't get an answer right away. And Ice looked too absorbed in something else that he didn't bother her. He just sighed and held his head in his hands.

Relieved that he didn't have to fight, Jay allowed the roots to sink back into the ground. He paused for a moment, focusing. His powers were still quite weak, and that simple move had used up more than he had anticipated. He would have to be careful.

He glanced back at where Blair had disappeared into the forest. Suddenly, he remembered something that sent waves of dread coursing through him. How could he have forgotten? "You guys can stay here if you want, but I really have to go back the forest. I'll be back soon." he announced. Without waiting for a response, he dashed away from the house, worry on his face.

Ash blinked in surprise as a second boy left. He wondered what would happen next. Maybe it would seriously rain cats and dogs?

Blair awoke with a fresh view on the situation. He had overreacted, and he had to go back. He got up, leaving the black imprint on the ground, and ordered his shadow servants beside him.

His cloak swaying softly in the breeze, Blair exited the forest and walked back to the house, where he stood in the doorframe. His trip to the woods hadn't changed his social awkwardness.

Sure, he was awkward, but he wasn't stupid. Seeing the perfectly normal human, he absorbed the energy from his shadows and his cloak, returning to what looked like a normal human. The tendrils of darkness that snaked down his arms stayed where they were, but they were covered by his clothing.

Ice looked back at the dark boy. She still felt that overwhelming draw towards the other boy, but her attention went to the dark one. She was confused by the number of people here, and knew she had to keep her barriers up and be cold to everyone. "I'm going home--" She started to say, before realizing she had no idea where she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back