• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Elder Scrolls Idea

What do you want the plot to be?

• Treasure Hunters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwemer Return

• Dawnguard-style

• Varried Quests

• Other (please list your idea if you chose this option)

• Total voters

Shog

The Infinite Being
I have a character set out to play in an Elder Scrolls setting, but I'm having trouble coming up with a plot for an RP to use him in. I am looking for your input to try and make this something that will interest people.

I have only played Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, so that is where my first idea will take place in. I want this to be in the same setting as the game with dragons returning and a civil war, but the dragonborn does not exist (or is not there, at the very least). That said, I am not interested in following the main plot line or the civil war. Any ideas here?

My other idea does not take place in any established area of Tamriel. This will probably be on an island somewhere that is supposed to hold treasure. In this case the characters will have joined up to hunt some lost treasure.

This is only my rough ideas and a rushed desire to have an Elder Scrolls role play. What do you think?

1 Skyrim civil war boils over sparks a war between Thalmor and Empire... again

2 the dwarves have returned and declare war on everyone

3 dawnguard style quest

[QUOTE="Heir of Dalania]
2 the dwarves have returned and declare war on everyone

[/QUOTE]
Lmao. They come back and see that while they've been gone, everything has went to hell .

To explain more what I mean if you use the Dwemer idea:

Its more like they've spent hundreds of years in their own plane of oblivion, and have returned. The Dwemer have always been total arseholes.(they literally wiped out the snow elves and left the falmer in their place) Its just worse now all "ohhh we beat gods with science and lived to return" they then go on an inquisition purging the belief of any god, stating that mortal beings have overcome the divine, and the dwemer now believe themselves better than everyone: men, elves, the beast races, deadra, the 9(or 8 depending on who you ask) divines. The dwemer now belives they ARE the superior beings, and they intend to prove it.

Once they return it takes only a matter of days to build an automaton army, rather than having to train soldiers, they just make them. Now all the races of Nirn must put aside their differences and fight the dwarves together, or face total extinction.

Last edited by a moderator:
i could see the dewmer coming back or we could do a new Sload war because when those happened they were nasty would be a change of pace from killing elves that think they are the master race

I was originally against the dwemer idea, but now I feel like I could run with it. The only question would be what our characters would do. Would we simply be coping with the change, or going after someone (like maybe their king) to try and stop them? I have my own ideas, but I think I can go with just about anything (lore friendly, of course) and want others to be excited about this as well.

well to deal with oblivion based invasion generally you need an Aedra to erect a barrier ( at least that has been the solution the mast two time) or go over the Aedra's heads and appeal to higher powers

All of our characters start in Markarth for x reason and dwarves want their city back? That could be a start point.

Then again we could always NOT have to deal with a world wide threat and just go on a normal old quest or whatever.

I'll get it set up either tonight or tomorrow. First, what do you want to do with the Dewmer? Are we just resisting as much as we can while surviving, or are we trying to overthrow them somehow?

Shog said:
I'll get it set up either tonight or tomorrow. First, what do you want to do with the Dewmer? Are we just resisting as much as we can while surviving, or are we trying to overthrow them somehow?
Maybe we/one of us discovered evidence of the Dwemer return and a 'planned' attack on Markarth?

[QUOTE="Scatman John]Maybe we/one of us discovered evidence of the Dwemer return and a 'planned' attack on Markarth?

[/QUOTE]
That assumes our characters know each other to begin with unless we all happen to be in the same place and discover something at the same time. My plan was to have everyone be in Markarth for whatever reason when the Dwemer attack. The only real question is how we want to deal with it. This isn't a super important question since we can do this in character, but I figured this would cause less problems.

Shog said:
That assumes our characters know each other to begin with unless we all happen to be in the same place and discover something at the same time. My plan was to have everyone be in Markarth for whatever reason when the Dwemer attack. The only real question is how we want to deal with it. This isn't a super important question since we can do this in character, but I figured this would cause less problems.
Yeah true that..

We can either fight with the guards or run underground to find a way out by... a recently opened tunnel or even a secondary exit?

Or become a good guy and help evacuate the civs if the guards can't hold the Dwemer back?

(When the attack will happen? Like night, day, change of shifts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back