• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Edge of a Circle (Interest Check)

ArcaneDreamer

The Absent-Minded Daydreamer
And thus the cycle starts once more...

The world of Aphola is a wonderful place. Thanks to the diligent work of the gods, every inch of the world is bountiful, magic is a basic skill amongst the people, and even the presence of monsters is seen as nothing more than a minor nuisance. Overall, life is rather peaceful.

So, then, when a random group of friends stumble across an enchanted journal that tells of a cycle that always results in an apocalyptic war between the gods, it was met with more than a bit of skepticism. However, when news spreads of an unheard disaster that somehow matches the exact description of the first event within the journal... well, it's rather hard to ignore.

Burdened with the knowledge of this horrible cycle, alongside with the revelation that their group is made up of 'Champions' that are destined to slay each other, these friends now have a unanimous - and extremely heretical - goal:

Find a way to end this cycle, once and for all.

---------------------------------------------------------

This is an RP in which a group of friends decide that they really don't want to stand by and watch their world ultimately be destroyed by the gods. They will be traveling to several locations throughout the world that are described within a mysterious journal, and try to stop certain events from happening - which will range from fighting powerful monsters to preventing the destruction of important artifacts/landmarks.

Oh, and they will be assisted by the very powers that were given to them by the gods. Hooray, irony!

Feel free to ask questions as needed~

CS Thread:
Fantasy - Edge of a Circle - Character Sheet

OOC Thread:
Fantasy - Edge of a Circle - OOC Chat/Question Thread

Last edited:
Hey! So do you have a preference for the types of gods? And would you be wanting it to be balanced numbers wise for people of particular affinities? Also I don't quite understand what exactly falls under the specification of Enchantment as couldn't you do blessings that affect the others?

Sorry for all the questions just want to check I understand! Working on my character now!

It's okay! Questions are encouraged here~
Okay, so in order of your questions:
  1. I would prefer the types of gods to not be extremely nebulous ones, like Chaos or Order. Try and be specific, so that your character's newfound skill will be easily identified as an aspect of a particular god.
  2. Ideally, I would like the affinities to be balanced. I wasn't sure how many people would be interested at the start, so I didn't put out a specific limit on the affinities. If too many people choose a specific affinity type, though, I'll put out a specific limit.
  3. Enchantment refers to magic that improves/enhances others, like applying a strength boost to a person, or reinforcing a structure. The types of Enchantment refers to how they're applied - Runes require physically writing/carving on something, Invocation requires reciting long lines of text, and Blessings involve directly praying to a god for their power. Which, considering the story of this RP, would be rather funny in a hypocritical way
I hope that answers everything~!

It does! Thank you!!

So tempted to go the blessing route although no idea how that would work, my poor character would just be calling upon the power of the people they're trying to murder

Last edited:
I may have a few different character ideas, but the magic associated with them might be considered OP or too abstract, so I wanted to see if they were okay first.

1. Limited Precognition granted by a deity of Knowledge/Prophecy - By limited, I mean being shown vague snippets of events that may happen without much detail on the how or when. Basically fortune teller level visions.

2. Emotional Manipulation granted by a deity of Love(or anything you find more fitting) - Exactly how it sounds. They'd use their power to either support their allies, making them feel more confident or joyous, or weaken their enemies making them feel too heartbroken or scared to fight. They'd have to be able to get close to the enemy and even then there's a chance the enemy's mind and willpower are too strong to be effected, mostly ideal to use on weaker targets than the deities themselves.

They both have weaknesses and strengths I could build upon, if accepted.

I may have a few different character ideas, but the magic associated with them might be considered OP or too abstract, so I wanted to see if they were okay first.

1. Limited Precognition granted by a deity of Knowledge/Prophecy - By limited, I mean being shown vague snippets of events that may happen without much detail on the how or when. Basically fortune teller level visions.

2. Emotional Manipulation granted by a deity of Love(or anything you find more fitting) - Exactly how it sounds. They'd use their power to either support their allies, making them feel more confident or joyous, or weaken their enemies making them feel too heartbroken or scared to fight. They'd have to be able to get close to the enemy and even then there's a chance the enemy's mind and willpower are too strong to be effected, mostly ideal to use on weaker targets than the deities themselves.

They both have weaknesses and strengths I could build upon, if accepted.

As far as I can see for that first idea, it works! Though, for the second one, if you want to have that kind of ability for a Champion of Love, could you change it to something like Bond Manipulation? Love is capable altering an individual's bonds with others, whether it be good or bad.

Is having magic ability required?

Yeah, pretty much. Think of it as a basic right of the people in the world. Though, if you'd like, you can make a character that does their best to avoid using their magic! Just know that such a decision would be seen as extremely odd by others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back