• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Eden (No Longer Looking)

amdreams

Black Market Witch
Survive school, graduate, join the monotonous adult world until you eventually die. This was the plan for a group of friends living in Bellua City. A normal life. In a normal city. But going home late from school one night, they stumble across a murder. And the culprit. A vampire?

Fortunately, they’re saved. But they’re saved by other monsters. And after witnessing what they did, their “saviors” aren’t willing to let them go just like that. Now they have two choices. Die and take this secret to the grave. Or get dragged into the world of monsters, magic and mafiosos that secretly control their city.

~~~~~​

So, basically, I had the idea of a city, much like London (but not exactly because I know little about London and don't want to get facts wrong through poor google research skills) where everything seems normal and even ideal. But it's secretly being controlled by 3 supernatural mafia-like families who manipulate, keep track of, and suppress all that goes on in the city, both human and supernatural. I myself have only created one family so far, to allow people to create their own, but if need be, I can form the others as well.

The story begins with a group of human teenagers (age 17-19) who, going home late from school one night, come across a vampire killing someone. Seeing them, the vampire turns on the teens, chasing them down until it's stopped by a couple of other supernatural creatures. But since they've already witnessed the vampire, the ones who saved them can't just let them go. Instead, the teens are given a choice. To either die to preserve the secret or give up any hope of a normal life.

I'm not sure how that's going to be handled exactly. Should each teen be given a supernatural character to basically tail them to make sure they don't tell? Should they sort of kidnap these teens and keep them with the supernatural world? Should there be some sort of spell that's used? Maybe the supernatural infiltrate their school and lives? So sort of got to figure that out.

But regardless of how, the humans are now at the mercy of these monsters, who end up pulling them into this supernatural world. They go on adventures, discover more about the secret side of their city and some of the darker parts as well.

~~~~~​

What I'm Looking For:
First and foremost, I'm hoping to get people who will help me see this through to the end and add to the story. People who are willing to communicate with me and others when they want something to happen or if issues arise. Players who don't necessarily post too quick, or rather who don't expect quick posts, because I have school and other obligations that make posting quickly difficult. People who don't mind the perhaps excessive rules I have in regards to characters. I'm not banning one liners, but people who can add to the rp and not just react to everything would be best appreciated. Basically, I just want people who can make this fun for me and everyone.

If possible, I'd like a co-gm or two who can help run things when I can't.

~~~~~​

Character Roles and Rules

Characters
:
  • Humans (3-4 total) - A group of regular teenagers, friends, who stumble upon a supernatural scene and now can either get killed to protect this secret world or pretty much become slaves (not literal slaves) to this world and their “saviors”.They must be completely human with no supernatural blood, abilities or experiences. This can change with the rp but if you want your character to become something supernatural or gain abilities, then please discuss this with me first so we can work something out if it’s possible.
  • Supernaturals (2-4 total) - Supernatural creatures that are tasked with keeping an eye on the humans to make sure they don’t reveal the supernatural world to the human one, and to kill them if they do. They can belong to one of the major families but do not have to.
Rules Regarding Human Characters:
  • The human characters must be friends at the start of the rp (we can discuss how beforehand) and go to the same school. They don't need to be in the same class, neighborhood or stuff like that, but they must be able to get along.
  • They cannot have any supernatural blood, abilities or experiences prior to the rp. And desires to have that change during the rp must be discussed with me beforehand.
  • Human and supernatural characters can know each other prior to the rp, but the humans can't know the latter's secrets. (Ex. A and B are coworkers in a cafe. B is a werewolf, but A only thinks of B as a regular human.)

Rules Regarding Supernatural Characters:
  • Supernatural characters must at least know of each other and their names, but do not have to be friends or get along that well. (This will also be discussed before the rp starts.)
  • Human and supernatural characters can know each other prior to the rp, but the humans can't know the latter's secrets. (Ex. A and B are coworkers in a cafe. B is a werewolf, but A only thinks of B as a regular human.)
  • No fae (because they do not have dealings with the city), gods, demigods, witches (because I do not see them as a separate race). Any made up races must be explained and approved of first.
There's also a list of unapproved powers and character types but I plan on having them explained in the rp since it doesn't have much purpose here.

Also, not a rule, but if possible I'd like characters that have all sorts of different skills and such to make a good team.

Rules Regarding the 3 Mafia Families: (find better name to refer to the families)
  • All 3 families must be different races. Ashtrums are demons, family 2 is vampires, etc. They can have underlings of different races, but they're not part of the main family. Ex. The Ashtrums, though demons, can take in a vampire as an employee or underling, but said vampire is not part of the main family. Unless they marry into it, I guess.
  • Each family controls an aspect of the human world and the supernatural world. The Ashtrums run security and are assassins. Family 2 could control pharmaceuticals and the underground black market, etc.
  • Each family has equal power in making decisions.
  • They probably shouldn't be races that can't survive easily in the city. Like mermaids who'd probably need a lot of water. Unless there's a reason they're able to do so, such as a spell or special artifact.

Mafia Families:
  • Ashtrums (demons) - The Ashtrums, on the surface, run Polaris, an international security company that deals in everything from alarm and security systems to trained body guards. But in the underworld, they're a demonic family of assassins usually tasked with killing those who prove to be problems to the underworld to pretty much anyone if you can pay enough. They're most known for their brutality and lack of concern for the well being of anyone they deem weak.

So, if interested, please let me know below. If you want to be a co-gm or make a mafia family, then please pm me. I do not do reservations. But it's also not necessarily a first come, first serve scenario.

Interested. I like the thought and detail you've put in. I'd be interested in seeing this through to the end.

Okay. I'll post up a sign up when I can. But first, did anyone want to play a supernatural or create one of the 3 main families? Just so I know if I have to make the other 2 as well.

Okay. I'll post up a sign up when I can. But first, did anyone want to play a supernatural or create one of the 3 main families? Just so I know if I have to make the other 2 as well.

I think playing a supernatural or Demon (potentially an Ashtrum) would be fun... so I would probably go for one of them. As for creating a family, I think I would rather be part of a family rather than a creator of one. Though if you'd rather, I'd not shy away from the challenge of creating one!

I'd love playing a human. Count me in!

EDIT: If need be, I can help Co-GM since I am usually open.

Hello! I'd love to join, possibly helping you GM from time to time. I'd highly enjoy if you'd let me be a supernatural character, I have a custom creature in mind, but I'd first like to hear your thoughts on if I'd be able to be a Kitsune, or form of shapeshifter.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 It would depend on the character itself. Being a kitsune or shapeshifter is fine in and of itself, but I'd have to see the whole character to be able to decide if it'll fit or not.

I'm interested :0
Would being a ghost work? If not I'd want to be a demon! This seems interesting.

Okay, I've put up . . .
Not exactly thrilled that almost everyone who wants to be a supernatural wants to be a demon. Wanted some variety to this. Welp, we'll see how it pans out I guess.

Trine Trine I don't think a ghost would work, as I figure they're somewhat outside the control of the 3 families. Too many variables.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

NOW YOU WILL SEE MY UNCREATIVE NAMES AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert
We've currently got more sign ups than necessary, however, if you'd like, you and your friend can still post a cs as I haven't finished reviewing characters and deciding which ones would work best. Still waiting for one person to finish as well. There's definitely enough room for another human and as for supernaturals, we'll just have to see what happens.

Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert
We've currently got more sign ups than necessary, however, if you'd like, you and your friend can still post a cs as I haven't finished reviewing characters and deciding which ones would work best. Still waiting for one person to finish as well. There's definitely enough room for another human and as for supernaturals, we'll just have to see what happens.
I see. I'll be shooting for human then. uwupolice uwupolice Clairvoyance Clairvoyance If you guys are interested, make charcterdskjf.

amdreams amdreams Are you still seeking 2 more mafia families? Is it possible to play a character part of them? Or would those also just count as supernaturals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back