• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Earth Abides (MxF Post Apocalypse)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
“As for man, there is little reason to think that he can in the long run escape the fate of other creatures, and if there is a biological law of flux and reflux, his situation is now a highly perilous one. During ten thousand years his numbers have been on the upgrade in spite of wars, pestilences, and famines. This increase in population has become more and more rapid. Biologically, man has for too long a time been rolling an uninterrupted run of sevens.”

“Man has been growing more stupid for several thousand years; I myself shall waste no tears at his demise.”

“Men go and come, but Earth abides.”

-George R. Stewart, Earth Abides

While the premise of the book was the near extinction of humans by disease, I am going to use World War 3 as the backstory of this setting. Now I am going to use some biblical quotes. (I love doing my research. Detail is fun.) However, this isn’t about religion . Just a little dramatic effect. But I am going to work it into current events - which might be a little scary. Don’t worry; it has little to do with the RP itself.

Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

— Revelation 6:1–2 New American Standard Bible

Under another interpretation, the first Horseman is called Pestilence, and is associated with infectious disease and plague. It appears at least as early as 1906, when it is mentioned in the Jewish Encyclopedia. This particular interpretation is common in popular culture references to the Four Horsemen.

-Wikipedia

When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come." And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from Earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

— Revelation 6:3–4NASB

When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine."

— Revelation 6:5–6 NASB

When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, a pale horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

— Revelation 6:7–8 NASB

World War III
This story begins in the wake of events following the Ukraine War. This war finally escalated into a full blown world war between NATO and Russia. Russia was joined by Iran (and ISIS), North Korea, Venezuela, and Mexico.

As of 2022 the US and Russia each have about 1600 ICBM actively deployed and an additional 2-3 times that number in their arsenal. Just going with the 1600, even if you could stop 90% of those missiles, that would leave 160 hitting their targets. And if only ⅔ were aimed at the US, that would be 100 strikes.

The anti-ICBM defense of America was surprisingly more effective than people expected. Despite this, there was widespread destruction and fallout. America found itself invaded from all sides. The economy collapsed. Famine, civil unrest, martial law and finally pestilence soon followed.

America found itself invaded from all sides. The military started conscription. Russia, China, and Korea landed troops in Canada and the US. Mexico invaded from the South, backed by Russia, Columbia and Venezuela.

The Story
Now then, to the story. Our story begins in the wake of World War III, somewhere in the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming or Idaho - well into the boonies away from cities. They will meet, learn to trust one another, hide from enemies of America, and perhaps find comfort in each other.

The world has reached the stage described in the Pale Horse. Famine and Pestilence has begun to destroy what is left of mankind. In a way this is good as it has reduced the threat of wandering into invading troops. You can only loot for so long before there is no one left to grow food for you. And once plagues begin ...

My Character
I am going to use a male character who was raised by an off the grid group of survivalists. You know the type, Y2K food, doomsday preppers, survival training, etc. He will have some decent technical skills, the sort who can coax life into a dead car.

Your Character
Your character could like mine OR perhaps raised by Wiccan sorts, with all sorts of foraging skills. Or you could be a mix. My thoughts were for you to be on the move, having had bad luck in having been nearly caught by Russians and been forced to leave the area you knew better.

BOTH Characters
MUST have serious survival skills to have survived this long on their own. It will be Spring of 2023, about 6 months after Skydark (the ICBM launches). You will NEED a geiger counter, iodine tablets, etc.

We will both need to submit a CS. I am not picky about format.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Modest length (I aim for half a page to a page+, but quality is better than quantity.)
PMs, One thread for OOC; one for IC.
I tend to be free on weekends. Weekdays I work up to 70 hours. So it just depends on work.

Rules
Be 18+. I am.
Site rules apply. Mature content is one thing. But the site requires no more than PG-13. Fade to black in effect.
Contact me via PM. PLEASE use a subject heading that gives me a clue what RP you are asking about. I run more than one, so “Hi” or “RP Inquiry” is rather vague.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back