• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Dystopian Survival (OPEN)

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The goal in this roleplay is somewhat up to you. But in general, you have to survive government oppression and police espionage while ultimately searching for a way out.

This is a society where most of the population is loyal to the regime, primarily due to brainwashing. You will need to be very careful in order to avoid drawing suspicion and potentially being arrested.

It is likely that you will have to interact with NPCs, although some of them may not show their true colors. Undercover regime agents are one thing, but you'll be just as dead if a simple loyalist civilian reports you, and they're far more common.

Looking for semi-detailed, maybe detailed partners.

Basic Plot Stuff

You are a citizen of the Sanctum Republic, a totalitarian state governed by a seemingly omnipotent political entity known as the Autumn Party. You can't remember what life was like before the Autumn Party came to power; the memories are either vague, or, depending on how old you are, nonexistent.

Sanctum has been in a long war against an obscure collection of states known as the Coalition, although the conflict seems distant (aside from the occasional air raid). Little information exists about the Coalition, but they are apparently a vile, uncultured, brutal society. Descriptions of Coalition atrocities are regularly broadcasted over the television and radio.

Life under the Autumn Party is extremely repressive, although things are kept efficiently running. The streets are clean, and crime and poverty are low. Most people who do their jobs without making any offhand remarks are able to live their lives in relative "safety". Tobacco and alcohol are outlawed, but anti-depressants are included in the rations, while simplistic forms of entertainment are manufactured to keep the masses sated.

Still, the efficiency of the system doesn't change the fact that it is an insult to human dignity. The citizens of Sanctum are subjected to extensive monitoring by the government, who look for signs of "degeneracy"- which tends to amount to dissidence and/or nonconformity. The internal surveillance apparatus of the Autumn Party is massive, necessitating that individuals closely watch how they behave, speak, and even think. Each citizen has an individual profile on what is known as the "Civic Integrity Index", which classifies them based on the level of loyalty they show towards the state. From the moment of a citizen's birth, every suspicious act and discrepancy is logged. Some people disappear in the night, or simply don't return after being "detained for questioning" for an indefinite period of time.

You can't take it any longer. Maybe you experienced something traumatic, or simply held back your true thoughts until now. You are a malcontent.

Last edited:
I am very interested in this RP, it sort of makes me think of 1984 and Brave New World because of some aspects such as the anti-depressent and constant surveillance that is constantly over everyone's shoulder.

I only wonder about the NPC part, are you planning on playing multiple characters for story sake? Or is this more like a story you read with multiple options and the choices you make sens you in different directions?

Anyway, if you want to PM and talk about this more, I would be happy to find more out.

I am very interested in this RP, it sort of makes me think of 1984 and Brave New World because of some aspects such as the anti-depressent and constant surveillance that is constantly over everyone's shoulder.

I only wonder about the NPC part, are you planning on playing multiple characters for story sake? Or is this more like a story you read with multiple options and the choices you make sens you in different directions?

Anyway, if you want to PM and talk about this more, I would be happy to find more out.

Your character mostly has the freedom to choose who they interact with. Some NPCs might not get along with the player character, and vice versa. But yes, the NPCs will all be managed by me.

It's somewhat similar to a choice game like that, but it's more open in that you aren't limited to preset options. You decide what action you will take yourself, and I will describe the results and introduce new situations.

I understand, this is something I have done in games before, but not in a role playing scenario with another person.

I am definitely still interested.

I like the vibes emitting from this one. I really enjoyed one of your previous projects, so here I am willing to go the distance with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back