• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeons & Dragons: Wizards of the West

Illiana closed her eyes and shook her head as she watched the commotion unfold before her. So called 'civilized' men could be more barbaric than a crazed owlbear sometimes. However, she did chuckle to herself when the bard threw the dwarf's axe out into the street. It dawned on her that perhaps she should go outside and listen for the roaring herself. It was a dragon, after all. How often could one claim to have heard a dragon roar in the night and know it was true? She unobtrusively pushed through the mass of mirthful patrons and out the door, the chill of the fresh night air causing goosebumps to rise on her arms and legs. Spotting the axe laying in the street, she gave it a wide berth, knowing that an unamused dwarf would no doubt be out in a moment to reclaim it.

As she waited for the roar of the dragon in the distance, Illiana looked up to the sky to admire the stars. Unfortunately, the many lights in the city did not make stargazing easy, but her elf eyes were sharper than the average humanoid. Naming the constellations in her head, she found herself wanting to embrace the call of nature and take a midnight stroll through the nearby wilderness. First, however, she wanted to hear the dragon roar. After that, she would know exactly which way her feet should take her.

Draven nodded as he sipped the Brandy carefully before taking a big swig. His face is bright and everything about him is brighter. Like he is glowing. "That's some good brandy. Smooth as water. So perrin...... where are you from?" Draven beemed at him with a big smile. "Oh and thank you for humoring me. I really appreciate it."

(@Bathe Spellborne Good reaction! I enjoyed reading that very much)

Oscar gives the bard a very, very angry glare.

Oh, this one will pay for that action at a later date. No one touches my axe - let alone throws it out on the street - and escapes without getting hurt.

He then saunters our in the street, finally starting to sober up, and picks up his axe from the middle of the road. He then blearily notices the elven woman looking up at the stars.

"Ach, I saw you in the bar earlier. Sorry 'bout the fuss; man was getting on my nerves. At least he's stopped his whiny singing now."

He then sort of stands there, staring off into the distance.

Illiana barely noticed the dwarf's words, but she did notice his presence. How couldn't she? He was rather loud and smelled of alcohol, as dwarves were known to. "Hmm?" she replied, turning to face the bearded one, her attention being pulled away from the heavens. "Your berating actually made me laugh, dwarf," she said, a fragment of a smile creeping up the side of her mouth. She spoke quietly, still waiting to hear the roar of the mighty beast that was supposedly nearby. What an adventure that would be, eh? To see a real live dragon, she mused.

((@SnakyDragon- Thank you very much, I felt like fighting wasn't really in my characters nature just yet.))

The Elf sipped his mug of Ale, it had a hint of cinnamon in it just the way he liked it. Placing three silvers down he nodded to the tavern wench and turned to Draven and Gerren, "so what are both of your stories? Why are you two passing through the capital this evening...??"

Perrin was already eating his food by this time. Trying not to tear through it but having a hard time savoring due to appetite and size. Between each bite he took a brief break in order to slow himself down. "Hm? Oh I'm from just some small village. Since you're paying for the stuff there's no need to really thank me." He chuckled.

@Shizuo Draven

@Thane Korino

Draven smile at Perrin and finished his drink before looking around as a major tremor hit shaking him out of his char almost. "Damn tremors." He looked around and sighed as the tremor stopped. Draven pulled out an old dusty book and started reading some. He read slowly using his finger to pin down where he was looking. His eye sight was getting close to bad. Long distance he was fine but up close he had a problem seeing.

Oscar chooses to ignore the elf's words, deciding that laughing at his words is a better situation than disgust at them.

"'Tis a beautiful night 'ere. Tho I'd rather see a dragon, and know I'm nah crazy. Us'lly the halluc'nations come at 'round twenty, twenty five rounds, tho, nah seventeen. I might' be losing' me touch."

He then takes a deep breath of the air and, if not noticing anything strange or draconic, will wander back inside.

Bathe had been hassled by a dwarf and ignored by a pair of travelers, "thanks for the ale muh-lady." He said displeased with the company of the evening, grabbing his tips he stuffed them in his satchel and picked up his lute, "I'm going back to the inn, tell the Keep thanks for everything!" Bathe stepped out the back door to avoid confrontation with the most likely puking Dwarf. Out into the night Bathe headed through the alley towards the inn he had been staying in, "tomorrow I head out, better get some good rest for my journey..."

@Shizuo Draven

Perrin continued to squat there for the time being. He felt the tremor but he didn't seem to be thrown off by it noticeably. Seeing the book that they pulled out, it seemed the conversation had died for the moment. He was slightly curious about the subject of the book. He barely noticed as he was no longer focusing on the food, it seemed to disappear! Well, disappear to his stomach really. From a split moment of not paying attention he bit at the air.

Draven looked up about to ask a question. The furst thing he saw was Perrin biting at empty air. Draven smiled as he started to laugh and look back down at the book."Careful my friend you might catch something." Draven hadn't laughed in a long time. It felt good.

@Thane Korino

@Shizuo Draven

Perrin had let out a bit of a disappointed sigh as he had already eaten all the food. He had really hoped there was enough to last him longer or at least until the wine finally got here; but on another level he already knew that was unlikely. Looking to Draven he could not help but let out a bit of a smirk to the side it was both at the realization of his own silliness and also seeing that Draven was in a delightful mood. From this and seeing the other laugh he decided an attempt at a joke. "Yeah, hopefully it's more fish." He let out a wider grin hoping it sounded as good out loud as it had in his head.

Oscar walks in just in time to see that damned bard sneak out the back door.

Oh, you think you can run from me, boy? We'll see about that.

He discretely maneuvers his way (as much as a dwarf barbarian can "sneak") through the room and around the crowd, and exits through the same door.

(OOC: This'd be a grand opportunity for something story-related to happen. I'm not sure our bard wants to have a confrontation with Oscar (for the same reason he threw Oscar's weapons out of the tavern in the first place), and our characters have been wandering around and talking for four pages now. Just a thought.)

@Atto - Sorin Whitereaver, @Anuen - "Blackheart" Katrina Lillvik

You are reading the bulletin board when all the sudden it bursts into flame. You hear a loud roar right outside and the ground trembles.

@SnakyDragon - Oscar Grouchbeard

You barge out the back door after the bard who is already a few buildings down. You start running after him when suddenly the ground trembles and the buildings around you catch on fire.

@Thane Korino - Gerren ‘Perrin’ Paragon, @Shizuo Draven - Draven Barsnap

The same waitress from before comes out of the kitchen with a bottle of wine wine. She is walking over to you when the ground suddenly jumps, making her drop her wine. Coming over she said, "I'm so sor-" when suddenly the walls caught on fire.

@MysticPisces - Illiana Aurelia Myloris

You are standing in the road looking up when you notice in the corner of your eye something red walk by you. Turning to see what it was, you see a dark red cloaked figure walking down nearing 8 buildings away. Suddenly it stops and turns towards you and then walks into an alley. Distracted by the figure you suddenly hear a loud roar and out of no where a red reptilian beast is soaring in the air right above the city where you are. The buildings around you catch fire, including the inn, as the dragon starts destroying the city.

Oscar yells out in victory. He was right.

There was something roaring in the distance.

Not quite in the distance now, though, he thinks ruefully to himself.

He barges back into the bar, and turns on his battlefield voice.

"IF YE WANNA SURVIVE, SPREAD OUT! DON' STAY IN A GROUP! EXIT THE BUILDIN' IN AN ORDERLY MANNER, AN' DON' TRY TA BE A HERO!"

He then races back out and starts running after the bard, sacrificing stealth for speed.

"BARD! BAAAAAARD!"

Bathe doesn't hear the dwarf over the sound of roaring and flames. Buildings began to collapse around him and flaming rubble began to fall, and he started to run but the flames consumed his exits! No escape so he burst through a charred wall hoping to break away from the death trap in the ally but the floor of the house gave out and Bathe fell through the ground into the cellar which caught a blaze! Looking up Bathe sighed... "Looks like the wizard's dragon of the west claims another..." The building crumbled and Bathe perished under the heavy rubble of the fallen house!

Illiana stared at the dragon, awestruck, until she processed the amount of heat emanating from the fires around her. She instantly snapped out of her daze and whirled about, looking for some source of cover from the dragon's fiery assault. Cursing her luck at being in a human settlement that offered little protection, Illiana decided to put as much distance between herself and the dragon knowing that there was little she could do to harm it. She bolted upwards towards the highest point of the city. Hopefully she would find a better lay of the land from above and determine the best course of action. As if it would help, Illiana found herself drawing her carved bone dagger and holding it tightly in her fist.

The roar of crimson flames filled in the gaps between the screams of terrified townsfolk as Illiana made her way towards higher ground. The buildings were crumbling under their own weight as their structures burned bright in the night. People were trampling one another in their over eagerness to escape. She even saw some beggars looting the dead of their possessions here and there. "Gods be good," she breathed as she witnessed the horrors around her.

Drizzt Entarro leapt up from his sitting position, and upon seeing the exodus at the door, decided to go a different path. Those people would burn, and he would have no part of it. The window at the far end of the common room was the only other way out, so he made his way towards it. A flaming man was running straight at him from the side of the window, and soon blocked Entarro's path. The man would die anyways, Entarro thought, so he drew his sword and gave the man a red crescent across the throat. After the man collapsed, Entarro jumped through the window, into the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draven nodded as he replied."Flying fish?" Draven looked around not yet rwalizing the joke. He went to look around as he thought then he laughed as he got the joke. When the waitress fell Draven stood straight feeling the tremors. When the walls caught fire he looked to his friend. We need to leave.

@Thane Korino

Perrin smirked further as Draven had received and understood the joke. Perhaps he should practice emphasizing the points across so it takes a shorter amount of time to realize. Hearing the wine glass hit the floor it made him grow more alert. The walls suddenly catch fire, definitely caught his attention and had him standing up. He hoped it was just an incident, perhaps some fool messing with a lantern outside. Seeing this and his patron's reaction he quickly tried to guide both too the front door using arm and hand gestures, seeming to not have been thrown too far off from their cheerful outlook.

Katrina leapt backwards at the sudden burst of flame, caught entirely off guard by the fire and the roar. For a time she simply stood there, frozen, as the bar devolved into chaos. It wasn't her own situation that snapped her out of her daze, but the sudden death of a stranger as someone slit his throat to get by. She thought for a moment on how easy it would be to simply follow the killer's path out the window and save herself, but the idea of leaving the revelers to a fiery death didn't sit well with her. Still, there was little she could do on her own to bring order to the disorderly escape attempts - they persisted even as she heard someone scream from outside for order.

With that, she turned to the man she just watched die, chanting inaudibly over the roar of the fire as she made arcane hand gestures to bring life into the newly created corpse. Backed by her newly created minion, she bellowed out as loudly as she could: "You WILL listen, or you will die here." Before commanding it to as humanely as possible keep people from stopping up the doorway entirely, and making an attempt to direct others towards the window.

People began to file slowly through the window Entarro leapt through, but he just stood in the shadows, watching. Someone was leading them, for those mindless sheep were not able to save themselves, and that person was more capable than most people he had met before. That person might be of use to him in the future, he decided, as he stood in the shadows of the alley.

@Thane Korino

Draven had moved as fast as he had in a long time. He pushed tables iver out of the way to help others get through to the doors. When he met back with his friend he had his staff in one hand. "This is different than a regular fire. It's going for the people. It's magic."

Oscar arrives just in time to watch the bard break through the floor and perish.

Son of a bitch.

He runs back through the alley and dodges through flaming bits of wreckage. He jumps out of the alley- And runs into a drow lurking in the shadows.

"Och, lad, watch where yer goin'! Are ye 'ere ta help? Or are ye gonna be gettin' in me way?"

When the dwarf ran into Entarro, he almost jumped out of his cloak. He was never too good at hiding anyways. "Who is there to help?" The drow asked, gesturing to the people leaving the Crimson Boar from a window. "They all seem to be safe enough to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back