• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dread Labyrinth OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Zenritch Zenritch
first off, your character is cool! :) i like her a lot

this takes place in modern times, for the record :> so im not sure if japan has "emperors" anymore... but then again, i dont really know so XD

also i did put this in the lore
"Only a few places weren't assimilated during the terraforming. Isolated islands like Japan, Hawaii, and Australia were left behind. Now they are designated S class danger zone Monster Nests. They are currently being monitored by our Magi-Helicopters, under the newly established Pangea Dread Authority. Which is the new world-spanning government."

so it basically works with your history, only japan is a pretty dangerous place roaming with monsters and many peeps died just from the upheaval

how did you get what Labyrinth Authority did? XD did i say that somewhere? XD i dont recall

can you elaborate a bit more on item creation?

for Territory Creation, I get what youre doing, but wouldnt Higher tier monsters be unaffected since theyre higher tier?

give an example of Vassal command -like one of her summons

she has too much mana at best she should probably have around 30

her intelligence is also rather high

whys she so wicked?
and why does she have a luck stat? whats it do for her?

what do you mean by this?
" Journal containing spells she learned and created"

thats not really how it works. spells come from your class. so you gain them like skills after leveling. you can learn other spells, but only ones that are dropped in "Spell scrolls" by the labyrinth, and if the spell is compatible with your talents

Labyrinth maps are.. kinda wonky. The labyrinth changes its layout some, so theyd be a bit unreliable.

imma repeat, most japanese peeps were totally ffd when a flood of monsters came out of the labyrinth, so youve described a lot of stuff that happened in your past, just letting you know that :> again im not so sure how influential emperors and clans were and are, since its modern japan, but anyway, im not trying to deny your ideas or anything, just letting you know :>

u should also give her some e and f talents

also just because shes got this "overlord" talent, doesnt mean monsters are just gunna be like "okay guess we wont do anything and just let you kill us"
monsters will still try to kill us

ill also probably just add on -that she probably shouldnt have the vassal command skill yet, either wait till she levels quite abit before acquiring it, or change it some
since it seems to do what daeva does, and what thames does
chars should be unique rather than doing what each other does but better

Hey! I'm going to be really busy this week, so I don't know if I'll have any time to write up a reply. Just wanted to let you know that; I am still here though!

ERode ERode
Judgement is interesting
but most things in the labyrinth are lawless or what youd consider "unlawful" so im gunna say her abilities arent going to work much otherwise the rp would be mega boring XD so just say low level judgement doesnt do as much
and debuffs to the party and buffs to the enemies happens all the time too, so yeah

Curse speaker
daevas gunna be doing curses, but multiple characters can do debuffs and dots, as long as youre cool with that :>

i havent mentioned "critical hit" once, so in my mind that signifies that i didnt intend for such a mechanic, if you mean "critical hit" in the sense that something just suddenly strikes worse, then thats fine, but i dont think theres going to be a "critical hit mechanic"

Contract creation
youre going to have to give me an example

what do you mean "allows blood to substitute mana or beacons"?

Vital Taxation sounds more like a skill rather than a talent, also, she has a talent that just negatively impacts allies??? uhhhhhhhhh it would need to benefit them too otherwise that seems bogus

youre gunna have to give me an example of Legislate

her parameters are too high

righteousness, intell, vit are too high

whats authority?
whats dissociation?

whys her willpower so high?
strength should probably be lower

whats mercifulness?

why and how she has 62 quartz? shes never been in the labyrinth and has been on some ship so how did she get any?

Flamberge sounds human-made

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse heh frangilla is a name in the witcher XP

for the record things like "vampire" will appear often in the labyrinth, so if youre cool with it being kinda overlapped no worries

While we need an analyst, its kinda weird its on a character that has split personalities, blacks out, and her "fighter" personality is ebil and doesnt seem party-oriented

Torturer is basically what you wrote, im impressed you were able to guess it XD A talent that deals more damage/more pain, but lacks lethality

Crimson Carnival, the name is a bit grandiose for what it does, isnt it? lol Like "Crimson Carnival" sounds like a later named skill

Im gunna go ahead and say, you need to narrow down what your skills do. Each one does like 3 different things. Thats gunna make learning new skills harder to figure out what theyll do.

For instance, Blood Diamond should probably just be used for offense, rather than offense AND defense. Your skills are too versatile

her base agility stat is probably too high
im not sure why she has "Righteousness" at all?

Dr.s bag is fine, but peeps tend to learn how to do that without really having to scroll through too much UI

otherwise i dont see too much issues here :3

Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

for the record things like "vampire" will appear often in the labyrinth, so if youre cool with it being kinda overlapped no worries
That's great, actually. It fits with Faust's belief (or delusion?) that she belongs in the Labyrinth or is from the Labyrinth. But most of that is up to the GM's (your) discretion; we'll see if these vampires show her any familiarity or respect or if she's treated like just another outsider.

While we need an analyst, its kinda weird its on a character that has split personalities, blacks out, and her "fighter" personality is ebil and doesnt seem party-oriented
But she's a doctor / scientist. The 80 Int isn't just for funsies, lol. I want something that showcases that side of her. Also, a future Skill I have in mind is the ability to 'read' blood, such as touching an old bloodstain to see what happened there in the past, sort of like reconstructing a crime scene. There's a slight detective angle to her character, but I have no idea if mysteries or investigations are gonna be a part of this RP. Maybe you can explain what Analyst is supposed to be and I can go from there?

Crimson Carnival, the name is a bit grandiose for what it does, isnt it? lol Like "Crimson Carnival" sounds like a later named skill
I like fancy names, lol. And it is her cornerstone ability. It will grow into the name. But, if we want to change it, I suppose I could go for something more literal, like "Blood Telekinesis" or some fancy-sounding variation of that. ("Hemokinesis?" "Hematokinesis?" I don't know.)

A blood mage who can't manipulate blood would be kind of pointless. In its current state, she can just 'move' her blood around, even outside of her body. At higher levels, it gets a lot more technical, such as changing its chemical composition (filtering out toxins, bumping up adrenaline or endorphins, etc, etc). I suppose, if I must narrow its scope, I could have higher levels only increase range and power and move those future attributes to a different skill/spell.

Im gunna go ahead and say, you need to narrow down what your skills do. Each one does like 3 different things. Thats gunna make learning new skills harder to figure out what theyll do. For instance, Blood Diamond should probably just be used for offense, rather than offense AND defense. Your skills are too versatile
This is probably a case of me over-explaining and writing example use-cases instead of keeping it simple. Blood Diamond only does one thing: it crystallizes her blood. To actually make use of it requires Crimson Carnival, which is how she forms shapes before crystallizing them. But, since Fran is a relatively small woman, she doesn't exactly have a ton of blood to work with, which is where Hemophage comes in: it lets her utilize other people's blood by infecting them with her own. But, even that is limited because she'd have to pump a lot of her blood into them to take control and would probably die of anemia before she could successfully do that to anything larger than herself. (Also, some monsters don't have blood or their blood is poisonous, which is where she'd have to use Red Healing on herself to not get killed/poisoned.) They synergize, but I wouldn't say any one skill does everything on its own... and they're all pulling from the same mana pool. The chain of skills I listed above would be very taxing.

I suppose I should rewrite it to be more concise. But, the TLDR is:
Red Heal: precise, targeted healing using mana as a scalpel
Crimson Carnival: telekinetically manipulate her blood
Blood Diamond: harden her blood into a crystalline form
Hemophage: 'infect' someone with her blood, allowing these skills to be used on them

her base agility stat is probably too high
im not sure why she has "Righteousness" at all?
I don't know how I missed that one (Agility). I fiddled with a lot of her stats while making this, raising and lowering things all the time, so I must have overlooked it in all the noise. Fran is supposed to be kind of clumsy and definitely not agile. She's quick, but I would describe her as the type of person who leaps out of the way, only to fall on her face. Faust is better at that, but still not winning dodge rolls against anyone with average speed. Agility at 15+20 sounds a bit more reasonable, I think. Or maybe 15+15.

As for Righteousness, I can ditch it if you want. It was included for contrast. Despite pretending she doesn't want to help at all, Fran does have a little bit of righteousnes in her. (Probably not 30, though. Another oversight, I think.) But, mostly, I added that parameter to show what transforming into Faust does: the stat debuff.

What, exactly, do righteousness and wickedness do, btw? I thought they were 'personality stats,' but I've noticed you scrutinize them very closely in every CS, as if they have some tangible benefit, as if having righteousness or wickedness can allow a character to do things others can't. And some characters have 100 righteousness, or 50 of both, so... what's up? What do they do and how do they interact (i.e. can having both cancel each out)?

Dr.s bag is fine, but peeps tend to learn how to do that without really having to scroll through too much UI
Actually, that raises an interesting question. Does the Artificial DS have an inventory? My reasoning was that it doesn't, since it's just an AR smartphone app and humanity hasn't figured out how to make pocket dimensions, haha. So, Fran gained an inventory when her Talents unlocked. She never used her DS, but liked being able to carry stuff, which is why she bought the bag. (It is a common Labyrinth drop, which she purchased at a market.) As long as she doesn't put anyhting ridiculous in there, no one would know she's accessing her inventory through the bag, thus it won't reveal she is Chosen.

Last edited:
But she's a doctor / scientist. The 80 Int isn't just for funsies, lol. I want something that showcases that side of her. Also, a future Skill I have in mind is the ability to 'read' blood, such as touching an old bloodstain to see what happened there in the past, sort of like reconstructing a crime scene. There's a slight detective angle to her character, but I have no idea if mysteries or investigations are gonna be a part of this RP. Maybe you can explain what Analyst is supposed to be and I can go from there?'
--
They might be. And that skill sounds fine. But Analyst tends to be like the labyrinth revealing monsters' weaknesses, what herbs do what, what irons and materials do what. Drs. are smart and such, but they dont really have any real connection to game-like mechanics of the labyrinth lol

A blood mage who can't manipulate blood would be kind of pointless. In its current state, she can just 'move' her blood around, even outside of her body. At higher levels, it gets a lot more technical, such as changing its chemical composition (filtering out toxins, bumping up adrenaline or endorphins, etc, etc). I suppose, if I must narrow its scope, I could have higher levels only increase range and power and move those future attributes to a different skill/spell.
--
thats what i was suggesting you do yup
as for the fancy name, i dont mind i just think "Crimson Carnival" sounds more like a later skill/spell that youd unlock, rather than the first one

This is probably a case of me over-explaining and writing example use-cases instead of keeping it simple. Blood Diamond only does one thing: it crystallizes her blood. To actually make use of it requires Crimson Carnival, which is how she forms shapes before crystallizing them. But, since Fran is a relatively small woman, she doesn't exactly have a ton of blood to work with, which is where Hemophage comes in: it lets her utilize other people's blood by infecting them with her own. But, even that is limited because she'd have to pump a lot of her blood into them to take control and would probably die of anemia before she could successfully do that to anything larger than herself. (Also, some monsters don't have blood or their blood is poisonous, which is where she'd have to use Red Healing on herself to not get killed/poisoned.) They synergize, but I wouldn't say any one skill does everything on its own... and they're all pulling from the same mana pool. The chain of skills I listed above would be very taxing.
--
mhm mhm mhm
well, heres what id make Blood Diamond do
Blood Diamond lv1
Turns blood into a crystallized diamond, then fires it at the opponent like a projectile.

see? no defense, its an actual "skill" now, but you dont have to change it or anything, i was just pointing out that it sounded like you were making all your skills - level 1, first tier skills, mind you- super mega versatile which isnt quite how the labyrinth tends to work. first tier skills tend to become outdated and get replaced by or evolve into something much better

Agility at 15+20 sounds a bit more reasonable, I think. Or maybe 15+15.
--
seems good

As for Righteousness, I can ditch it if you want. It was included for contrast. Despite pretending she doesn't want to help at all, Fran does have a little bit of righteousnes in her. (Probably not 30, though. Another oversight, I think.) But, mostly, I added that parameter to show what transforming into Faust does: the stat debuff.
--
just "wanting to do good", doesnt really make one righteous, you can want to and do do good, and still not be 'Righteous'

Righteousness tends to affect healing skills. High righteousness may unlock you some sort of Resurrect skill (literally bringing back a person from the dead). Its more for "Holy"-type talents, which isnt really what a twisted Blood Mage would be lol. Like imagine someone unlocked the Saintess Talent, shed have high righteousness

Wickedness is the opposite. It buffs talents like Torturer (a wicked talent), Killer, and in Daeva's case, things like "dark" or "black" magic, necromancy, and the like.
Someone's Dark spell may do much damage based on higher Wickedness

This is hypothetical, but take Daeva's Dark Usher, kinda sucks rn. But say she had 200 Wickedness, now its a giant ball of flame-like darkness that engulfs the enemy and rends them out of existence.

Out of these two, wickedness is more of the 'personality' stat, but they have specific mechanics within the labyrinth

What do they do and how do they interact (i.e. can having both cancel each out)?
--
hmm.. idk.. im not sure how thatd work necessarily lol

Actually, that raises an interesting question. Does the Artificial DS have an inventory?
--
nope, no it doesnt

They might be. And that skill sounds fine. But Analyst tends to be like the labyrinth revealing monsters' weaknesses, what herbs do what, what irons and materials do what. Drs. are smart and such, but they dont really have any real connection to game-like mechanics of the labyrinth lol
Ah, I see. I'll have to think about how I'm going to change it. I'd like to keep the first half of what I wrote --"An enhanced ability to identify clues, retain knowledge, and utilize deductive reasoning" -- but I'll probably have to ditch the stuff about seeing weakpoints and DS info.

Alternativvely, I could keep it, but change it to a red Faust ability, sort of like the Dread Labyrinth is revealing these things to her. (Maybe even make that a future Skill unlocked by Labyrinthian Emissary.) But, I kind of feel like Faust already has enough stuff and taking this away from Fran and giving it to Faust will tip the balance. I'll have to think on this one a bit.

well, heres what id make Blood Diamond do
Blood Diamond lv1
Turns blood into a crystallized diamond, then fires it at the opponent like a projectile.

see? no defense, its an actual "skill" now, but you dont have to change it or anything, i was just pointing out that it sounded like you were making all your skills - level 1, first tier skills, mind you- super mega versatile which isnt quite how the labyrinth tends to work. first tier skills tend to become outdated and get replaced by or evolve into something much better
Hmmm, two things:

First, Fran is intended to be a later character. We won't meet her until further in. Level 3, 4, maybe 5? I'm not sure; it depends on how things are going and when you feel the time is right. She's been lost in the Labyrinth for a few months now, since before our characters left Ambition. So, yeah, she's higher than our current level, but will match the level we meet her at... whenever that happens. I created her with that in mind. Maybe I should have made these higher level, to reflect that. I made Red Heal lvl 3 because it probably gets used the most, but neglected to do that for the others. For someone who has survived fairly 'deep' (for a solo run) into the Labyrinth, maybe these should be higher?

Second, the example you gave does more than what the spell already does, haha. What you just described is Blood Diamond and Crimson Carnival rolled into one. I think I'll reword them, cut off the overly-descriptive fluff, and see how you feel about it then, becasue I think these do less than you think. Sure, the utility is there, but only if she chains them together. Abilities should have synergy, right?

just "wanting to do good", doesnt really make one righteous, you can want to and do do good, and still not be 'Righteous'

Oof. I'm not gonna touch that moral conundrum with a ten foot pole, hahaha. Anyway, jokes aside, I think I'll just ditch Rightenousness. Fran's not righteous enough to warrant its inclusion and Faust is definitely not either.

Righteousness tends to affect healing skills. High righteousness may unlock you some sort of Resurrect skill (literally bringing back a person from the dead). Its more for "Holy"-type talents, which isnt really what a twisted Blood Mage would be lol. Like imagine someone unlocked the Saintess Talent, shed have high righteousness
Yeah, I remember you saying that about righteousness before. I even put it in the description of Red Heal --its strength is based on Intelligence, rather than Righteousness, because the healer is actually doing surgical work, not just pouring 'magical healing energy' into the patient, lol. But who said blood magic has to be evil or twisted? If it is being used to save a life, what's twisted about that?

Wickedness is the opposite. It buffs talents like Torturer (a wicked talent), Killer, and in Daeva's case, things like "dark" or "black" magic, necromancy, and the like.
Someone's Dark spell may do much damage based on higher Wickedness

This is hypothetical, but take Daeva's Dark Usher, kinda sucks rn. But say she had 200 Wickedness, now its a giant ball of flame-like darkness that engulfs the enemy and rends them out of existence.

Out of these two, wickedness is more of the 'personality' stat, but they have specific mechanics within the labyrinth
Okay, I'll keep wickedness where it is then. I have no idea if blood magic qualifies as 'dark' within the context of the Labyrinth's systems, but that's fine. I didn't give her that stat to get buffs, debuffs, or whatever out of it anyway. Just don't call her wicked. That's rude and sounds like a good way to get moved to the back of the line at triage, lol.

Ah, I see. I'll have to think about how I'm going to change it. I'd like to keep the first half of what I wrote --"An enhanced ability to identify clues, retain knowledge, and utilize deductive reasoning" -- but I'll probably have to ditch the stuff about seeing weakpoints and DS info.

Alternativvely, I could keep it, but change it to a red Faust ability, sort of like the Dread Labyrinth is revealing these things to her. (Maybe even make that a future Skill unlocked by Labyrinthian Emissary.) But, I kind of feel like Faust already has enough stuff and taking this away from Fran and giving it to Faust will tip the balance. I'll have to think on this one a bit.
--
yup you figure it out and edit it :>

First, Fran is intended to be a later character. We won't meet her until further in. Level 3, 4, maybe 5? I'm not sure; it depends on how things are going and when you feel the time is right. She's been lost in the Labyrinth for a few months now, since before our characters left Ambition. So, yeah, she's higher than our current level, but will match the level we meet her at... whenever that happens. I created her with that in mind. Maybe I should have made these higher level, to reflect that. I made Red Heal lvl 3 because it probably gets used the most, but neglected to do that for the others. For someone who has survived fairly 'deep' (for a solo run) into the Labyrinth, maybe these should be higher?

Second, the example you gave does more than what the spell already does, haha. What you just described is Blood Diamond and Crimson Carnival rolled into one. I think I'll reword them, cut off the overly-descriptive fluff, and see how you feel about it then, becasue I think these do less than you think. Sure, the utility is there, but only if she chains them together. Abilities should have synergy, right?
--
if thats the case, then most of her abilities should probs be higher level yeah, kinda hard to be in the labyrinth without leveling

i dont think so.. its more like Fran's Dark Usher. Just a simple spell that shoots out a crystallized projectile attack
but yeah simplify them

and no, abilities dont have to have synergy, they can but they often dont
its probably rarer for abilities to have synergy

I think I'll just ditch Rightenousness. Fran's not righteous enough to warrant its inclusion and Faust is definitely not either.
--
yeah probs

Yeah, I remember you saying that about righteousness before. I even put it in the description of Red Heal --its strength is based on Intelligence, rather than Righteousness, because the healer is actually doing surgical work, not just pouring 'magical healing energy' into the patient, lol. But who said blood magic has to be evil or twisted? If it is being used to save a life, what's twisted about that?
--
Its not that "blood magic" is evil or twisted, its that nothing youve described suggests shes Righteous or has anything to do with righteousness, but i think we figured this out no need to keep going on about it :>

Okay, I'll keep wickedness where it is then. I have no idea if blood magic qualifies as 'dark' within the context of the Labyrinth's systems, but that's fine. I didn't give her that stat to get buffs, debuffs, or whatever out of it anyway. Just don't call her wicked. That's rude and sounds like a good way to get moved to the back of the line at triage, lol.
--
heh
theres probs some blood magic related stuff that would be considered wicked, but thats neither here nor there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back