• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dread Labyrinth OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I have a small question for AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa , I don't want to assume.
Callidora is also part of high society in Ambition. Can I say they know each other? Maybe not friends, but like met at a party or something?

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky
Sonicboom is a fantastic dread name lmao
I love her narration Talent!! 😄

but you should explain what the other talents do too

Vocal Mastery (that ones kinda self explanatory, but still)
Lore Seeker
Performance, Leadership, Charisma, Trickery
i can kinda guess, but it would be nice to hear what you think about the talents you chose

her backstory is goods! but for the record, before the "today" of the rp, no s rank talents are exactly known to the masses. so she wouldve had to keep her s rank talent a secret up until now. -she can still use it, but just not tell anyone its S rank

I dont normally go over whats in peeps packs too much, but explain this one
Ever-Cooling Water Bottle?
also what does
+Durability mean?
And when you say "bottomless hat".. what exactly do you mean? is that just fluff? then its fine, but if you mean exactly "bottomless", then im not sure i can allow something to be wholly bottomless. At least not at this stage

Her mana is O? Why
why 70 dexterity?
her voice strength is 100? i get why you put it that way, but you sure you dont want her to get any stronger in "voice strength"?

also yea, lul the stealth 0
is that just a gag parameter? or is she intending to raise it up later? XD lol

Hype Generation - passive skills level up too, so it would still have a level

can you explain this a bit more?
like give an example
Challenging Proclamation Lv. 1
Lumi issues a bold challenge in the form of a debuff or environmental change on an ally, narrating a more difficult scenario for them if they choose to accept. If the ally rises to the occasion, additional Hype is generated, and any buffs received through Lumi's Talent have increased effectiveness.

Dont worry, most of these arent big problems or anything :> just need some clarification

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky
Sonicboom is a fantastic dread name lmao
I love her narration Talent!! 😄
Thank you!

but you should explain what the other talents do too

Vocal Mastery (that ones kinda self explanatory, but still)
Lore Seeker
Performance, Leadership, Charisma, Trickery
i can kinda guess, but it would be nice to hear what you think about the talents you chose

her backstory is goods! but for the record, before the "today" of the rp, no s rank talents are exactly known to the masses. so she wouldve had to keep her s rank talent a secret up until now. -she can still use it, but just not tell anyone its S rank
I think I took some talents from the list/changed their names slightly, or from the sheets of other people, but I added a quick description to every talent.
I also changed the tiny bit on the S-Rank Talent, and how she keeps it hidden.

I dont normally go over whats in peeps packs too much, but explain this one
Ever-Cooling Water Bottle?
also what does
+Durability mean?
And when you say "bottomless hat".. what exactly do you mean? is that just fluff? then its fine, but if you mean exactly "bottomless", then im not sure i can allow something to be wholly bottomless. At least not at this stage
Ever-Cooling Water Bottle is just a fancy-shenanigan-term for a water bottle that stays cool forever.
+Durability, I tried to mostly play into the fact that regardless of whatever surroundings, her clothes stay intact, aka durable. Or mostly pristine when they crawl through the mud, etc. Though considering it's all anime RP I don't think it's that important in the first place.
And instead of a bag, I thought it'd be neat if her hat was like a stage magicians hat, pulling out all kinds of things from there. I simply kept it vague via '+Inventory Size' because yeah, not sure how 'bottomless' stuff could truly allowed to be.

Her mana is O? Why
Her Mana is 0 because she uses HYPE rather than Mana, so I thought it makes sense to keep Mana at 0.

why 70 dexterity?
Dexterity is at 70 because it's one of the things she's good at, with being later a street hobo and all?
THAT said I sort-of missed that apart from Dexterity there is also Agility, Speed, and Hand-to-Eye Coordination, which sort-of all play into each other in my opinion, buuut yeah I sort-of mistook agility for dexterity, so I changed that!
And THAT said, the scale for parameters made it sound like being below 50 is something one is rather "not so good at", but still relevant for their character, so I don't mind going lower. I
I've changed it up a little bit.

her voice strength is 100? i get why you put it that way, but you sure you dont want her to get any stronger in "voice strength"?
As for Voice Strength, I can also go lower, though I think we talked yesterday that 'eventually' 100 isn't the limit. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to stats, I simply took it as: List some that are relevant to the character, 50 is the middle, lower is worse, higher is better. Of course, awakened are stronger than normal humans by default...

also yea, lul the stealth 0
is that just a gag parameter? or is she intending to raise it up later? XD lol
Stealth could eventually rise... I can imagine some comedic stealth scenarios, but I haven't really intended for it to 'raise'.

Hype Generation - passive skills level up too, so it would still have a level
Ah, I wasn't too sure. Since it also said only 2 skills, and I thought passives might be omitted? The Walking Guy got two passives too without level, which is where I got this from.
So I went with something like: Each Skill Level = 1 Level in the S-Rank Talent. Should I increase the Talent level, too?

can you explain this a bit more?
like give an example
Challenging Proclamation Lv. 1
Lumi issues a bold challenge in the form of a debuff or environmental change on an ally, narrating a more difficult scenario for them if they choose to accept. If the ally rises to the occasion, additional Hype is generated, and any buffs received through Lumi's Talent have increased effectiveness.
The highly esteemed Seymour Slaymore is fighting buncha goons, he gets a 'challenge' issued by Lumi that he CAN accept (but doesn't have to), and that makes the fight for him more difficult in a way she announces. For example, the floor below him is ice, or maybe the weapon he's holding is slippery. Upon succeeding despite those hindrances, more Hype is basically generated, and Seymour Slaymore gets potentially stronger buff too from Lumi's announcements.

I hope that answers all!

theres some i didnt recognize which is why i asked

Lore Seeker
-- theres a talent called Encyclopedia, but its different enough, so they can both exist :> just letting you know the talent Encyclopedia "turns someone into an Encyclopedia", but its all good

I like your talents :> but you have a lot that do very similar things X3

The water bottle is fine, but with an effect like that it would have to have a rarity and not just be some common item. :) It sounds labyrinthian too, tho perhaps some Chosen with a particularly useful talent made it too. hmmm

her hat can be her bag, thats totally fine :> i was just worried about the "bottomless" thing
and equipment and clothes definitely DO matter. We're gunna get freaking dirty. This is gunna be nasty and mean lol So her clothes are gunna get wrecked yep. Even with her "+durability", which clothing really shouldnt have either, since thats more of an armor effect.

hmmmm
okay
most Chosen have mana to some extent, even if they use something like "hype" - like what if you just learn a generic fireball spell at some point, with 0 mana you couldnt cast it.

I asked about dexterity, because these are what those parameters do

Agility -- One's acrobatic ability
Dexterity -- One's ability to manipulate their hands and arms, specifically benefits weapon-wielding
Hand-Eye Coordination -- Parameter dictating shooting-type abilities

i could see some pickpocket person having highish dex, but typically speaking, dex influences weapon use. like spinning your bo staff, or daggers, or some such. since she has no weapons, i questioned why she had high dex.

And as it says "hand-eye coordination" is for gun type weapons. Which i suppose she could wield lol

actually why she has 60 agility?

"below 50 is something one is rather "not so good at""
this is not true
not everyone has the same parameters, so if you have dex, then you have the dex parameter. but there can be people out there without the dex parameter at all (effectively meaning theyd have 0 Dex)

" Of course, awakened are stronger than normal humans by default..."
yes, but any stats is a good thing. and as of right now "100 is MAX" is a hard rule (it wont be in the long run, but itll take awhile to get there)
ill allow it, since you have so many talents that influence your voice. but something like 60 voice is already absurd. think about it. most people dont even HAVE a voice stat. so everyones rocking 0 Voice. And youre just over here with 100. Its not that 50 is average in this case, its that 0 is average lol. Your girl should speak like shes talking through a megaphone XD

okay :P stealth is just a joke stat then no problem! XD

Wait. What? I thought i put levels on waling dudes passive skills XD if i didnt, thats MY BAD! XD because yup, all skills level
and i said 2-4 skills :P at the start

"So I went with something like: Each Skill Level = 1 Level in the S-Rank Talent. Should I increase the Talent level, too?"
No no no no. For the most part, leveling the Talent level at S rank will unlock a new skill. Maybe every 2 levels or so. But typically speaking, Talent level and skill level are NOT connected at all.
For starting off, our talents will be around 1-4ish level, though 4 is on the high end.

"The highly esteemed Seymour Slaymore is fighting buncha goons, he gets a 'challenge' issued by Lumi that he CAN accept (but doesn't have to), and that makes the fight for him more difficult in a way she announces. For example, the floor below him is ice, or maybe the weapon he's holding is slippery. Upon succeeding despite those hindrances, more Hype is basically generated, and Seymour Slaymore gets potentially stronger buff too from Lumi's announcements."

Hmmmmm... I get it, but why would Seymour need the buff in that moment, if hes already succeeded in killing the enemies while on ice? And if hes already killed stuff, why does she need "Hype"? It almost seems likes shes just hindering him for no reason lol

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky
sorry if this is annoying x)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back