• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Thalia_Neko

Ten Thousand Club
Hiya!

For the record, Im already gming another rp, so Im not exactly 100% on how my schedule will be like. However, Ive felt perhaps I can do another rp. Or at least, Ive had an itch for another rp. This one will be quite different than my other rp, which is based on sort of the idea of Overpowered characters. This setting is different, for the most part, its a world where everyone is underpowered. Except for one thing.

Note, this is a true interest check. I wont make this rp unless there's enough interest in actually rping it. If there isnt enough, then I won't make it, so be warned about that :)

If theres enough interest, I will explain more about talents and the way the world functions and lore and stuff.

Please dont randomly pop in only to bounce and dip, if you're showing proper interest, make sure to stick around! Thanks!

Common rp rules apply, you probs know them by now.

I would like a certain level of skill in writing and rp. It doesn't have to be super or highly advanced or anything. But at least within the realm of comprehension. I want active characters, not non-active characters that don't actually do anything.

If it isn't clear below, our characters will each be like supreme in 1 aspect. That can be something as simple as swordsmanship. Or as mundane as cooking. (And we'll discover just what it means to be "S rank" in a talent). But our other skills will be as generic and bland or normal as everyone else. And no two characters will have the same S rank talent.

===========================================================

Our world was drastically changed when the Dread Labyrinth appeared. It terraformed the Earth and destroyed land, leading to a world-wide catastrophe, resulting in the deaths of many people. For various reasons it wasn't possible to count, but the estimated losses were in the billions. Another thing that happened was that all modern tech was completely destroyed. Some sort of demonic magical interference stopped modern technology from working. That meant no tvs, no cell phones, no electricity, no vehicles, and no rocket ships. The world had reverted to the dark ages.

Along with the Dread Labyrinth came the Dread System. A strange 'unknowable' system that oddly resembles a video game's interface. As the Dread System -or DS- came to be, so did those that became 'Chosen'. Other names like 'awakened' and 'activated' popped up here and there, but the term 'Chosen' was universally settled on. Once it was, it even appeared in the DS.

Although modern technology was lost, humans in all their ingenuity, managed to revive some of those lost conveniences.. using magic. Now called Magi-tech. Devices like cellphones now exist, but they use mana to run, and have various magi-tech components within them. Same for magi-tvs, and other similar things.

While this was a tragedy of untold proportions -the worst in humanity's history- there were those that became excited with this new development. For many, the current world was hell, and its unchanging, boring nature had led many to despair. With the arrival of the DL, these people felt newly invigorated in their lives. The world changed, and with that, they thought their lives could become something greater. They thought their lives could change for the better. With the Labyrinth came excitement.

How wrong the were. If they thought their previous lives were 'hell', they hadn't yet known true hell.

While it was true, the Chosen were gifted with unique Talents, Skills, and Spells. The truth of it was much worse than expected.

Most Chosen fall under F or D or C rank, with talents and skills of low and poor quality. They're barely able to match up against the early, generic monsters that flood out of the Labyrinth. Early on, these people were extremely excited to go out there and "fight some monsters!" But those early fools died fool deaths. Then the hell of this world was truly realized by humanity. Monsters are much much stronger, even in spite of the benefits of the DS. Humans simply cannot match up.

Fortunately for you, you are not like those fools. You are a Chosen that is gifted. You are gifted one S rank Talent. You are a special case in this world. A 1-in-a-million talent. Or perhaps, you were just beyond lucky. If you can even call it luck. For what purpose were you given your talent? For one such as you to possess such a talent, you are obligated to use it for the benefit of humanity, are you not?

S rank Talents are so unknown, that humanity hasn't even witnessed them yet. But that will change. Our characters will reveal their talents, and find themselves at the forefront of humanity's vanguard. You have a lot of expectations falling upon your shoulders, can you handle the pressure? And what of the Dread Labyrinth? How will it respond to humanity's newfound heroes?

Reasons for entering the Labyrinth
As the world was terraformed, much of it was ruined, leaving a majority of the land either desolate, or inhospitable as monsters flood out of the labyrinth's many openings and take over land. These monster-heavy lands are called Monster Nests. With how weak the average Chosen are, humanity is gradually being pushed back to "Humanity-owned" zones.

The Labyrinth has a variety of useful items, supplies, and other various things that benefit humanity. Even food and ingredients can be found within. It's like the Labyrinth is saying "Enter me. You have to."

Last edited:
you can make it up, tho im definitely going to release like a list of talents, and how the bios/cs should look (if we get enough members)

At the beginning, our characters are not really going to know exactly what "S rank" skills are supposed to be like. Since at this point, humanity has been rather driven back, and the morale is low, since these "Skills" havent proven to be as impressive as they seem.

However, that will all change with S rank skills.

That being said, your character can be totally used to their particular S rank skill. For instance, if you have the Fighter skill at S rank. That means that your character can be totally arrogant in brawls, because you know you know you're going to win against everyone specifically if they engage you in a fight. Or, you can be a brand newly Chosen one, who is like a weak, scared, sniveling little girl who awakened with an S rank Fighter skill, and you have no clue what that means or what you can do. So you can still be totally fearful when youre suddenly engaged by brutish people wanting to beat you up, but then suddenly BAM this girl knows how to fight! Her: "Huh?.. Did I do that?"

That sorta thing! Feel free to be creative :)

Heres some Talents just to give an example and what to expect. Yes, even Talents that sound somewhat useless exist.

Fighter
Fishing
Swordsman
Cooking
Smithing
Artist
Diplomat
Farming
Scavenger
Diving
Gunner

(Note: Guns do not work on monsters. However, guns found in the Labyrinth have a special Labyrinth mark, that makes them work on monsters)

Last edited:
Ooh, reminds me of a certain labyrinth crawl with someone named Bell Cranel. I am tentatively interested, as I have time limitations upon me, but I very much love the premise. I will keep my eye on this one.

Ooh, reminds me of a certain labyrinth crawl with someone named Bell Cranel. I am tentatively interested, as I have time limitations upon me, but I very much love the premise. I will keep my eye on this one.
Hehe thanks! :>
Ooo yeah i love that series! XD its similar to that yuh XD

Just asking, is the gunner meant to be in the list twice? I'll probably take that feat though XD
nope XD deff a typo

that list is just an example, theres a lot more talents than those

Gunners interesting
because it makes you like an expert with ballistic weapons, but as stated, only guns found in the labyrinth will damage monsters from the labyrinth, so if you ever want upgraded guns, you gotta find them in the labyrinth

Interested.

Although I want to ask will there be a custom battle system, like dice or anything of the sort?

hmm, i wonder how many is enough to get started? i think if everyone that's shown interest rps, then 5-6 is a solid number
with that in mind, if everyone does want to rp, i could deff start writing up the stuff necessary to begin the rp

hmm, i wonder how many is enough to get started? i think if everyone that's shown interest rps, then 5-6 is a solid number
with that in mind, if everyone does want to rp, i could deff start writing up the stuff necessary to begin the rp
I can wait if more players are needed. Still definitely interested.

The answer is secretly "all at once." =P

A question, if I may: in the character sheets, will there be secondary abilities to list in ranking format? I am guessing that this will be more combat-driven, so if the F-, D-, and C- classes have difficulty with early Labyrinth monsters I am curious where the players stand on average.

The answer is secretly "all at once." =P

A question, if I may: in the character sheets, will there be secondary abilities to list in ranking format? I am guessing that this will be more combat-driven, so if the F-, D-, and C- classes have difficulty with early Labyrinth monsters I am curious where the players stand on average.
heh i see

yah, youll see with the bio
but chars im thinking can have like around 9 Talents, tho beyond your S one, the others will all be low rank like everyone else

What do you mean the players stand on average?

In regards to where the players stand on average, I meant where would they be in terms of combat, higher than the usual individual or at par with them. From what you said, it seems we the players will start off in F-, D-, and C-classes.

Thank you very much for the clarification! Still interested, even if unsure about time.

In regards to where the players stand on average, I meant where would they be in terms of combat, higher than the usual individual or at par with them. From what you said, it seems we the players will start off in F-, D-, and C-classes.

Thank you very much for the clarification! Still interested, even if unsure about time.
Our characters will start of with one S rank skill, and everything else mostly on average with everyone else
if you want to be strong in combat, then youre welcome to choose a S rank combat skill

for instance, if your character has the Talents
Cooking
Horseback Riding
Running
Boxing

your bio would look like this if you want to be strong in combat

Cooking E
Horseback Riding D
Running D
Boxing S

And dont worry, ill explain how the ranks work (or more specifically, how S rank works) in the lore and in-char. But essentially, S ranks gain Skills at a much more frequent rate than the other ranks. And also are unbeatable in that particular aptitude. So to explain further. An S rank in Boxing could box the hell out of like monsters, and kill them. Like you could box a Minotaur on par with it. And your fists could break up the stone that makes up Golems.

However. It does not necessarily mean you can take their attacks. So while you could knock out a minotaur with some reliability, if it manages to strike you with its axe, youre probably going to go down for the count. Well.. at the beginning anyway, characters will eventually learn how to get around such scenarios too, but thats later on and not really something to worry about atm.

Also magic exists. So even if you have a major injury like that, if you have an S rank healer in your party, they can fully-heal such life-threatening injuries. However, if you have say a D rank Healer, they likely couldnt heal something life-threatening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back