• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragons, volcanoes and sacrificial maidens, oh my!

Gossip

Not Afraid of God; Afraid of Man
I'm looking for a small group of people with the following abilities for a rough plot I have in mind. Please take the time to properly ask yourself if you would be able to handle the following before posting any interest, thank you!

What I'm looking for:
1. People who can reliably post an average of two to eight paragraphs of story and/or character advancing content.
2. Friendly people who are willing to plot, share and get involved in active OOC discussions in a specified thread.
3. People who are not upset with waiting a few days for a post - this would be a slower posting type of deal here.
4. People who are able and eager to worldbuild as we go along.

Those are what I would need most in fellow writers. As for the plot itself, it goes as follow;

In a world where mythical monsters roam the realms of men stand a small village near a volcano. The community of the village is prosperous, and the people are said to be impressively healthy and long lived for mere mortals... so much so that there are rumors of pacts and rituals with an ancient monster. As it stand, these rumors are unfortunately true.

Long ago, a dragon decided to make a lair out of the volcano, causing endless slaughter and misery upon the poor villagers. In desperation, and after multiple failed attempts at slaying the beast, the villagers pleaded with the terrible creature and a pact was made; for every decade that passed, the village would send their loveliest maiden along with a handful of the village's best warriors to be fed to the fiend. The dragon liked a bit of sport before its meal, it said, and a battle to the death would whet its appetite nicely. Powerless, the elder of the village at the time accepted the deal in exchange for a boon, and since then numerous youths were lost to the dragon's belly.

The time for the next sacrifice is approaching, and you were chosen as one of the martyrs of your village. Young and bold, however, you would not abandon your life so easily... and neither would your companions of misfortune.

The is hope, however, for they say that in this world nothing please the gods more than the boldness of mankind - and you are bold enough to make up for an army!

There you go! Should you be interested or have questions, please say you piece below. Thank you for reading this.

Sounds very interesting but I have two questions.

1. Are the human characters exclusively female?

2. Is it possible for the dragon to have underlings? I.e. humans/mortals who have either decided or have beem forced to serve him?

Sounds very interesting but I have two questions.

1. Are the human characters exclusively female?

2. Is it possible for the dragon to have underlings? I.e. humans/mortals who have either decided or have beem forced to serve him?

I'm glad you like it! I'll answer your questions as follow:

1. No, in fact the 'Maiden' could as well be male depending on how we go. Some of the hunters can also be female.

2. Yes, but I plan for the antagonists (and any outside allies) to be sort of NPCs, in that we all pitch in with ideas and those interested can contribute for running some interference, but the focus is on the sacrificial group.

Do you have any other questions?

No, no other questions. Thank you very much for the clarification.

However, I do have one request; one I completely understand if you reject. It is about the aforementioned underlings. If it is at all possible, I would absolutely love to play one. I always enjoy protraying an evil, yet still relatable individual. Still, if you decide to say no, I will still join in on the fun.

You would still need a "hero" character, but you certainly can play as many antagonists as you want, given you understand we'll go more through the heroes group point of view. Would that be agreeable with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back