• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon's Revenge

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hello, and welcome!

My RP, Dragon's Revenge, is beginning to die due to numerous players no longer coming online to post, and I am seeking players now who can fill in the void and prevent that from happening.

The RP is quite large and has a lot of information to take in.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me about anything and I'll be happy to explain it to you.

Cheers!

dragon_s_revenge_by_kumoriryuu-d8b09h0.jpg

What Came Before…

Times of song and dance flow freely through the hearts of man as the days of the Dragons fall beyond the sun. The rays of light upon the land give way to the darkness of the moon as blades clash and blood cascades through the starry skies painting the heaven's in a crimson veil. The world of mortals bathes in the tears of the Gods as the world harkens to the whispers of the wind and the light of day forever shines upon a new age.

A Reason to Return…

The Dragons have long since departed the world of mortals to take their place beside the Gods in the Higher Plane. For millennia they have lived in peace until one fateful day when all Dragons suddenly took on their human forms and were unable to return to their true, Draconic forms. At the behest of the Dragon King, several groups were dispatched to the world of mortals to discover the reason behind this change.

And So Our Journey Begins…

Only two Dragons now remains of a company of what was once seven, and thus must join forces with a group of mortals if they are to succeed in their quest.

Along the way, the Dragons and humans must survive against forces beyond their comprehension. Forces of darkness born in the heart of their own world right under their noses will force the humans to make the ultimate sacrifice for their realm, and for each other. As the Dragons fight to uncover the mystery surrounding their inability to transform, they too will face callings the likes of which they have never seen and will be tested in ways they never imagined as they fight for survival in a world unfamiliar to them. Can they survive long enough to unlock their Dragon power once more, or will they face the same fate as their fallen brethren?

The day is the 8th of Arro, year 722 Common Era…

Hey All!!

(I have a few guidelines I'd like everyone to be aware of before joining the RP. Please read all of the following information before you attempt to create a character profile please, thank you! And as always, if you have questions, ask me. I love questions!)

1) Currency will play a role in how successful your character is in this RP, as it is currency which will dictate how often you can upgrade your weaponry and armor, how often you can feed yourself or buy necessary supplies for your journey, your housing, etc.

Money isn't going to magically find its way into your coin purse either, and I will be assigning a base 'purse' value for each character who joins the RP. It will be up to you to keep track of it however you can, and I will be doing so as well so if what you have doesn't match my own calculations, we'll have a serious issue to get through before you’re allowed to continue posting.

Bottom line: Keep track of your coin pouch's content!

2) If you are human, you are human.

Humans in this RP are human, plain and simple and do not have "special abilities."

Practitioners of magic are one thing, but human characters who do not practice magic have only the skills they have acquired in their training to fall back on when things go wrong. If you try to sneak in some kind of "special talent" that nobody else has then you and I are going to have a problem. I don't like problems, but I'm excellent at solving them.

3) Realism is paramount despite the fantasy based nature of the RP.

To that end I am assigning a minimum age for all characters which is set in stone at 21 years of age.

Way too often I find players who want to be a "master" of whatever weapon/magic they have chosen for themselves and still play a character who is in their 20's. Such a thing is ludicrous, completely illogical, and unrealistic. If you want your character to be a “master” of the weapon/magic they’re carrying/using, they must be at least 35-40 years old, if not older, and they must bear the scars of defeat which helped to shape them into becoming the master they are now.

There will be no “prodigies” in this RP either, and the reason is simple: If you are not a prodigy, how can you realistically portray one? You don't know how a prodigy thinks, how they look at the world or their craft, or how they interact with others. As such, I cannot allow anyone to be a prodigy. Unless you can prove to me you're a prodigy in real life and your prodigious talent pertains to something relevant in this RP, I'm afraid I cannot allow it to happen.

4) Beginning armor and weaponry, at its strongest, is going to be Iron.

I have gotten a lot of requests in previous RP's to allow family heirlooms of powerful weapons/armor, and I will have none of that here. To begin the RP with overpowered equipment is a form of God-Modding, and I despise God-Modding in every way possible with a fiery and demonic passion. So stick to the simple stuff for now, as you will have the chance to commission better armor and weapons later in the RP as well as enchant what you have to make it that much stronger and give it a magical attribute of some kind. More on that later.

5) All human characters will start out as equals to one another, no exceptions (unless your human is non combative in nature such as a cleric or something).

Rules and strengths of any video game versions of the kinds of character you might be thinking of portraying do not apply in this RP. A human is a human, regardless of profession. An Assassin is not automatically more stealthy than a thief, nor is a soldier automatically a better fighter than a mercenary. Your character's age, time spent in training, dedication to the craft and the tasks at hand, focus, and determination are what will set them apart from other characters around them, not whatever kind of fighter they are.

Character Skeleton

All characters submitted to the RP must fulfill all of the informational requirements. When I say “minimum of five to seven sentences,” I mean it. If you try to get away with 4 long sentences to try and make it look like more information, you’re wasting your time and mine because I do go through and read each and every sentence and count them along the way.

If you try to shortcut like that, I will take it as a personal offense and ban you from joining the RP regardless of how innocent your excuse sounds.

There is no excuse for not going back to check your own work before submitting your profile, so don't try that with me. I am an adult role-player, and I will treat everyone who role-plays with me as an adult and hold them to adult level standards.

Thank you!

Human Character Skeleton

Code:
[b]Name:
Picture:[/b] (anime preferred, but not required)

[b]Description:[/b] (Absolute minimum of two paragraphs with no fewer than five to seven sentences each. The first paragraph should be a general physical description of what your character’s body looks like. Include their height, body type, eye and hair colors, physical attributes like for women bust size and shapeliness, for men how much musculature they have, etc. The second paragraph can contain information on typical clothing and armor worn by the character, as well as favored weaponry as well as other minor features like piercings, scars, etc.

[b]Age:[/b] (Minimum of 21 years of age)
[b]Sex:
Date of Birth:[/b] (Refer to the “Lore” page for more information and if you have questions, ask me)
[b]Birthplace:[/b] (The exact name of the city in which you are born in can be created by you, but it must exist within one of the 12 nations)
[b]Current Location/Residence:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b] (Use feet please)
[b]Weight:[/b] (use lb. please)
[b]Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Body Type:
Voice Type:[/b] (For men: Bass, Baritone, Bari-Tenor, Tenor. For women: Alto, Contralto, Mezzo-Soprano, Soprano)

[b]Political Affiliation:[/b] (No, you don’t actually have to conform to one but you must still list that your character has no affiliation if this is the case)
[b]Social Class:[/b] (Even if they are removed from general society, they will lead a certain lifestyle and you will use that life style to provide what their social class equivalent would be)
[b]Occupation:
Religious Beliefs:[/b] (Your character is one of three things: Polytheistic, monotheistic, or non-religious. Please list one of those three, and if it is either of the first two please list the Gods/Goddesses that your character believes in. Thank you)

[b]Family:[/b] (Use bullet points for listing family members, and the following is non-negotiable: The ONLY reason a family member may be dead is due to natural causes. I refuse to allow “both parents were murdered,” or such and such family member “died due to mysterious circumstances.” Thank you!)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Minimum of two paragraphs with no fewer than five sentences each)

[b]Strengths:[/b] (Bullet points, and list no fewer than three please)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Bullet points, and list no fewer than three please)

[b]Biography:[/b] (Minimum of three full paragraphs with no fewer than seven sentences each)

Dragon Character Skeleton

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

(If you can combine these two as I did, all the better)
[b]Human Picture:[/b] (anime or CG)
[b]Dragon Picture:[/b] (anime or CG)

[b]Description:[/b] (Absolute minimum of two paragraphs with no fewer than seven sentences each. The first paragraph is about the human physical traits, and the second paragraph is about the Dragon description)

[b]Age:[/b] (Dragons can live for thousands upon thousands of years, but for the sake of a common ground your Dragon’s true age is no younger than 2,000 years of age
[b]Apparent Age:[/b] (This is the age that your character’s human form looks, so how young do they look?)
[b]Sex:
Date of Birth:[/b] (Refer to the “Lore” page for more information and if you have questions, ask me)
[b]Birthplace:[/b] (All Dragons are born in the Higher Plane as the Gods insist on being present for the birth of all Dragons)
[b]Current Location/Residence:[/b]

[i]Human Form Statistics:[/i]

[b]Height:[/b] (Use feet please)
[b]Weight:[/b] (use lb. please)
[b]Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Body Type:
Voice Type:[/b] (For men: Bass, Baritone, Bari-Tenor, Tenor. For women: Alto, Contralto, Mezzo-Soprano, Soprano)

[b]Political Affiliation:[/b] (No, you don’t actually have to conform to one but you must still list that your character has no affiliation if this is the case)
[b]Social Class:[/b] (Even if they are removed from general society, they will lead a certain lifestyle and you will use that life style to provide what their social class equivalent would be)
[b]Occupation:
Religious Beliefs:[/b] (Your character is one of three things: Polytheistic, monotheistic, or non-religious. Please list one of those three, and if it is either of the first two please list the Gods/Goddesses that your character believes in. Thank you)

[b]Family:[/b] (Use bullet points for listing family members, and the following is non-negotiable: The ONLY reason a family member may be dead is due to natural causes. I refuse to allow “both parents were murdered,” or such and such family member “died due to mysterious circumstances.” Thank you!)

[i]Dragon Statistics:[/i]

[b]Dragon Form:[/b] (List your Dragon’s species from the “Dragons” pictures and names)
[b]Height at the Shoulder:[/b] (Estimate this by your Dragon’s picture and your full standing height)
[b]Full Standing Height:[/b] (In quadrupedal stance from the ground to the top of your Dragon’s head, how tall are they?)
[b]Wingspan:[/b] For realistic flight it should be at least 85% of your total body length if not exceeding your length by an equivalent amount or greater)
[b]Body Length:
Overscale Color:
Underscale Color:
Wing Membrane Color:[/b] (The underside of the wing’s color)

[b] Breath Attack:[/b] (Check the “Dragons” information page for information)

[b]Special Ability:[/b] (Check the “Dragons” information page for information)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Minimum of two paragraphs with no fewer than five sentences each)

[b]Strengths:[/b] (Bullet points, and list no fewer than three please)
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Bullet points, and list no fewer than three please)

[b]Biography:[/b] (Minimum of four full paragraphs with no fewer than seven sentences each. First paragraph should detail your Dragon’s younger years before they discover their first transformation. Second paragraph details how they adjusted to their Dragon form, and their adolescent years. Third addresses their ascent into adulthood. Fourth paragraph details how they reacted to the recent incidents of losing their Dragon form due to human interference and why they decided to come to the Mortal Plane)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shit.. I haven't even gotten any notifications... I thought the RP just died off after the Pad shut down. I'll try to get caught up as best I can and make my post..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back