• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon's Revenge: Cataclysm Interest Check!

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hello everyone, ChoShadow here!

I'm wondering if anyone out there would be interested in an RP which contains the following elements:

1) Everyone will portray either a Dragon or some other fantasy race such as Elves, Faeries, Nymphs, Orcs, etc. Dragons are preferred, as they're the focal point of the story within the RP, but they're not mandatory.

- If you create a Dragon you may give it one breath ability and one other special ability like telekinesis, telepathy, preternatural perception, the ability to see the history of an object or living creature upon physical contact, etc. Something psychic related. However for the purpose of keeping the RP interesting, I have to mandate that no two Dragons may have the same abilities.

- If you create a humanoid you'll have to play within the limits set for each race in terms of both physical and magical ability. And don't worry, I will have all the relevant details available once the RP has actually been created.

2) Everyone will be allowed more than one character if they are so inclined.

- I will have both a Dragon and a human character myself, so you're welcome to it as well.

3) The RP's plot follows that an ancient Dragon God, Maglissos, attempted to take over as ruler of the Gods and establish the Dragon Race as the rulers of both the Higher Plane (the home of the Gods) and the Mortal Plane. He was defeated by both the Gods and those within the Dragon Race who stood against his agenda, and thus he was sealed away in the Void Beyond Time. There he gathers his strength as his followers and those tainted by his evil influence in the Mortal Realm attempt to free him.

- Obviously he will eventually be freed, and a cataclysmic war of grand proportions will ensue in the RP's final stages.

------------------------- Continue -------------------------​

Those are the main points of the RP.

There's going to be a lot more that will go into it including highly detailed descriptions of the history of each humanoid race that will be available, their respective cultures, their relationships with one another, etc.

I will also detail, at length, the history of the Dragon race, their culture, their relationship with the humanoid races, etc.

This RP will have a living, breathing world with as much detail as I can offer. As such it will take me a fair while to actually create everything, so if you are interested in this idea then please let me know by commenting below and extend to me your patience. I have all day today and tomorrow to write everything, and it will probably take me all of today and tomorrow to do so.

But still it will be done.

EDIT: Please also note that this RP will push your writing skills more than most you'll find on the site. The character sheet alone is going to be fairly demanding of you, so if you're easily deterred by lengthy writing requirements this isn't the RP for you. But if you are up for the challenge then please do stop by when it's ready! I will have a link to the RP at the bottom of this post when it is ready for you to look at.

------------------------- Continue -------------------------​

For the purpose of keeping things organized and flowing forward, I will create a series of rules and guidelines for posting. Obviously real life (work, school, family) takes precedence over roleplaying, but even so if someone has to disappear for a while the RP will have measures in place to ensure that everyone else can continue posting without leaving them behind.

This way the RP can continue moving forward without anyone getting truly left in the dust. As well... If in the event someone does have to leave temporarily, as the GM I will personally keep track of all details which have been added to the RP via IC posting since the time of their departure and will personally deliver the information to them upon their return so they know what's happened during their absence.

So have no fear! Even if life gets in the way, I will expend every effort to ensure that upon your return you know what's happened and can jump back in without missing a beat.

So once again if you are interested please let me know as soon as possible by commenting below, and I will continue working on putting the RP together!

Till then!!

Last edited:
What level of technology does this world have?

It's going to be late-medieval in terms of crafted technology, but I'm going to flex the magical elements a bit and allow crafted weapons to be empowered by magic.

I will have a thoroughly detailed thread about this in the RP.

I was thinking of making three characters. Two of them are alchemists, one is good, the other is evil. The third character is a dragon who might take in the good alchemist as a apprentice. Could that work?

The bad alchemist will obviously be working for The Dragon God or at least one of his lieutenants. Also, the good one will kinda be a mixture of Stan Laurel and Buster Keaton while being mostly intelligent.

The bad alchemist will obviously be working for The Dragon God or at least one of his lieutenants. Also, the good one will kinda be a mixture of Stan Laurel and Buster Keaton while being mostly intelligent.

Very well.

We can work out the details of the bad one a bit later once the RP is up and you've had a chance to see all the relevant information that could affect his/her background.

Can the dragons perform magic, and how much flex do we have in terms of dragon abilities that don't stem from learned magic?

Can the dragons perform magic, and how much flex do we have in terms of dragon abilities that don't stem from learned magic?

Dragons are not called The First Children for nothing you know. They are the first beings born in the world, and they're the only ones who can use all forms of magic including a few which the humanoid races cannot use.

This rp is so amazing!! I'm on my phone tho ugh... Would you mind me using it?

If you don't mind using your phone to be a part of the RP, I don't mind you using it.

Mind you, this RP is going to be fairly demanding as far as the character profile and I will expect a solid effort on IC posting as well. 1 line posts are forbidden. You'll need to go a little bit further than normal for this RP.

If you can do that from your phone, you're golden.

If you don't mind using your phone to be a part of the RP, I don't mind you using it.

Mind you, this RP is going to be fairly demanding as far as the character profile and I will expect a solid effort on IC posting as well. 1 line posts are forbidden. You'll need to go a little bit further than normal for this RP.

If you can do that from your phone, you're golden.
Character sheet may be challenging on the phone but I hate 1 liners so that won't be an issue.

Do you want to write something describing what alchemy is in this world or no?

I will get to it. There's a lot I need to write about and I'm doing it all now in the RP itself as a Hosted Project here on the site.

Once it's ready, I will let everyone know.

This rp is so amazing!! I'm on my phone tho ugh... Would you mind me using it?
I'm working from my phone too, but I have a Bluetooth keyboard I use. The e key is snippy and doesn't' always like to work and autocorrect the does not engage when I use my keyboard but I try to watch out and make sure it catches.

I'm working from my phone too, but I have a Bluetooth keyboard I use. The e key is snippy and doesn't' always like to work and autocorrect the does not engage when I use my keyboard but I try to watch out and make sure it catches.

No worries.

Dragons are not called The First Children for nothing you know. They are the first beings born in the world, and they're the only ones who can use all forms of magic including a few which the humanoid races cannot use.
But can they have innate abilities other than an elemental breath and some sort of mind power? Like some sort of biological ability, such as color-changing scales or breathing underwater? Also, on the magic side, levitation? Being able to make a sky noodle with whiskers is probably gonna be a big factor in whether I choose to join.

But can they have innate abilities other than an elemental breath and some sort of mind power? Like some sort of biological ability, such as color-changing scales or breathing underwater? Also, on the magic side, levitation? Being able to make a sky noodle with whiskers is probably gonna be a big factor in whether I choose to join.

All aquatic Dragons have a pair of gills and a set of lungs, so they can survive both under and out of water. In terms of color changing scales, I hadn't really thought about that one but I don't see why it would be a problem to allow that to be a thing. However the changing scale color is limited. They can't use it to perfectly blend into their surroundings and avoid a critical eye. There will be a shimmer and outline of their bodies at all times due to the properties of light.

As for levitation?

In the traditional sense of "I use this levitation spell to defy gravity!"... The short answer is "no" (long answer and explanation below).

There are certain magical practices which can help you temporarily overcome gravity such as concentrating streams of fire beneath your feet like rocket boots, or using air magic in combination with the proper attire or devices which act like bird wings to generate lift. But nothing will let you defy gravity outright and just levitate and float around at will without some form of lift or propulsion generation.

The laws of physics are in play and even magic is subject to them.

Even the mighty Dragons are not defying gravity when they fly. They must maintain activity in order to stay in the air by flapping their wings and generating lift. Despite the Dragon's magnificence and the fact that they are in control of all forms of magic including some which the mortal humanoids cannot use, their flight is not free.

Killerclown Killerclown Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 Panzer Panzer Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Silki.Knight Silki.Knight CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

To everyone who is still interested in this RP, it is now open for joining. There is a link on page one of this thread at the top of my initial post to the Hosted Project that serves as the home of the RP's various threads.

If you have expressed interest already then please follow that link and read up on the RP's current information once I accept you as a member. There is A LOT more information yet to be added to the RP with regards to magic, weapons and technology, etc.

Please read up on everything as it currently stands and see if it's really something you want to be involved in. If you have chosen to move on, then please disregard this message and go about your business.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back