• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ๐™ณ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š— ๐™ท๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ (๐š†๐šข๐š˜๐šœ๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐šก ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐š›๐š’๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๐š•๐šข๐š—๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š˜๐šœ)

captain_bumblebee

๐Ÿ bzz bzz
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
LotR AU RP

Ever since the dragon Smaug was terminated, dragons have become more frequent and dangerous. They destroy city after city, leaving nothing but fire and smoke. Villagers have become desperate, and decided that a dragon hunting group should be formed.
tenor.gif

Four people will have to work together to try and rid the world of the dragon infestation. Will they be successful?

Last edited:
The Ranger
d11d6d1ee46dd74350c30b665ba0f52a.gif

~Characteristics~
Full Name: Aidan Thorne
Nickname: Ghost
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Species: Rohirrim

~Appearance~
Hair: Short, black
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 6'2''
Build: Tall, athletic, muscular
Other: three thick and long scars all the way from his neck to his lower back

~Personality~
Positive traits: brave, caring, creative, strategic
Negative traits: impulsive, reckless, irresponsible, cold
Habits: Playing around with a knife when he's thinking, biting his lip when he's bored
Soft spot: children
Most at ease when: it's night, a campfire is burning and he can look up at the nightsky
Most ill at ease when: he's put at the center of attention

~Weapons & more~
Weapons: a broadsword, two blades
Skills: talented sword-wielder, great at hand-to-hand and close combat

~Family~
Mother: unknown
Father: Jared Thorne (deceased)
Siblings: none

~Other~
Companion: Stallion Shadow
Faceclaim: Matthew Daddario

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f31547745797a67693450745047773d3d2d3632323433363537302e313534646234313161666561663635333137393033373331363431362e676966

Last edited:
The Bear
5jOS.gif

~Characteristics~
Full Name: Maerwyn Beornhild
Nickname: Teddy
Sexuality: Lesbian
Species: Beorning

~Appearance~
Hair: Long and curly, Black
Eyes: Chocolate Brown
Height: 6'1''
Build: Tall, slightly buff
Other: smaller, faint scars divided over body

~Personality~
Positive traits: bubbly, loyal, funny, sweet
Negative traits: petty, possessive, aggressive, naive
Habits: randomly making sounds (like whistling etc.), tilting her head in confusion
Soft spot: honey, nature
Most at ease when: music is playing
Most ill at ease when: she transforms at an inappropriate time

~Weapons & more~
Weapons: an axe, her own claws & teeth
Skills: physical strength

~Family~
Mother: Winora Beornhild
Father: Ernkin Beornhild
Siblings: Brother Valrand Beornhild

~Other~
Companion: /
Faceclaim: Nafessa Williams

tumblr_inline_p7jy3i5gMT1t7unx0_400.gifv

Last edited:
The Princess

~Characteristics~

Full Name: Anephera Thrans'salis

Nickname: Nephie

Sexuality: Heterosexual

~Appearance~

Hair: Silvery-blonde

Eyes: Blue

Height: 6'0''

Build: Thin but shapely; toned

Other:

~Personality~

Positive traits: Dedicated, resourceful, Charismatic

Negative traits: Pampered, Spolied, Needy

Habits: She whispers to the Earth at random, She enjoys playing the lute to unwind, she twirls her hair around her finger when she is nervous.

Soft Spot: Animals or nature.

Most at ease when: Surrounded by green. Forests, jungles, that sort of thing.

Most ill at ease when: called on her nobility or station.

~Weapons & more~

Weapons: A crossbow, a normal elven bow, and a ceremonial dagger.

Skills: Excellent marksman, she's a great alchemist and healer.

~Family~

Mother: Lady Thran'salis

Father: Lord Thran'salis

~Other~

Companion: An owl named Elwynn

Faceclaim
e59bed1ecee4071d9fb1d8a734381816.jpg

The Monster

~Characteristics~

Full Name: Vardoka the Man Slayer

Nickname: Vardok or The Man Slayer

Sexuality: Homosexual

~Appearance~

Hair: Rusty Brown

Eyes: Dark Brown

Height: 5'7''

Build: Very Shapely, Toned and muscular

Other: Aside from a few scars, she is oddly pretty for an 'Orc'.

~Personality~

Positive traits: Protective, Perfectionist, Adaptive, Jovial <--- She loves to celebrate.

Negative traits: Jealous, Hot-Headed, Gluttonous, Reckless

Habits: She likes to work on smithing when and where available. She likes to keep the parties weapons sharp and in good condition.

Soft Spot: Hobbits (She loves their food) and Romance - As a half orc, she has experienced little love in her life.

Most at ease when: When on the battle field in the thick of things.

Most ill at ease when: Idle. Idling means she's not killing.

~Weapons & more~

Weapons: Fossilized iron bark shaped into a bladed club and a traditional war hammer.

Skills: She is very strong, as such, her blunt weapons have great crushing power. She happens to be a very good cook and is more learned than most orcs and uruk.

~Family~

Mother: Lithsayis - A wandering human.

Father: Unknown Orc

~Other~

Companion: A warg named Ramdar -- He was the runt of his litter and has grown into a vicious warg, protective of his owner.

Faceclaim: Vardoka the Manslayer.jpg

Everyone knew about dragons and their horrible attacks against other living creatures, be it through stories that one's mother would tell before bed or perhaps even through paintings of past historical events, told by those that witnessed it themselves and whose stories got passed down from generation to generation. Nobody would've thought that killing one would attract a hundred more, releasing a plague of murderous dragons onto Middle Earth, destroying village after village and making sure to leave almost no survivors.

The entire situation called for measures to be taken, the most prominent idea being the founding of a dragon-hunting team. A group of a few people with remarkable talents which could be put to some good use. Thousands would have to put their trust in these few individuals who would be staring danger in the eye.

Posters were hung up all around so that everyone would see them, in the hopes of attracting enough interested parties to actually form a group who would show some good results. Obviously a reasonable price was offered for all those who would be foolish enough to try and slay more than just one dragon.

One of those interested parties was Aidan Thorne, a rather young Rohirrim who was looking for a new adventure, something to occupy him. The young male traveled all the way from his current short-lived residence to the other side of Middle Earth, his steed accompanying him every step of the way. Unlike other applicants, Thorne had a personal vendetta with the firebreathing creatures which needed to be settled. The money didn't interest him all that much, a Ranger wasn't really in need of that much coins. As long as he had enough to pay for a roof over his head and something to eat and drink, Aidan was content.

After about two weeks of traveling, the man arrived at the checkpoint he was supposed to meet the other interested parties at, finding himself in front of a rather large mansion in the middle of nowhere. Apparently the idea of creating a dragon-hunting group hadn't received as much admiration as thought, nobody except a wealthy and rather elderly man wanting to fund the project.

Aidan pulled on his stallion's reins, trotting through the huge gates into what seemed like the center of a marketplace, except that it wasn't filled with stands but flowers and trees instead. He decided to wait for anyone else to show up, not noticing a single soul - be it the contractor or any of his still unfamiliar teammates.

Anephera Thran'salis was an elven noble of the highest pedigree. Royal blood had been in her family for generations. The woman pushed her long slivery blonde hair out of her face as she eyed the horizon. A large mansion in the middle of nowhere, seemed to be her destination. The young woman had heard of the dragon attacks and she knew elven land would not be spared. True, the woman held no love for humans or dwarves -- she'd never met one she liked. They were all dirty, crass, and rude. At least from where she was sitting, still, Dragons threatened everyone. As her horse made it's way to the gated mansion, a sickle, dirty smell caught her attention. Not even a few moments later, she could hear large, heavy footprints in the dirt. A warg.

Coming from the west, a sandstorm. A large brown warg was running, full speed, with a rider on top. Anephera had heard of Warg Riders. She was ready for a fight, however, as the warg grew closer, she noticed it was headed for the mansion as well. "A warg rider wants to hunt dragons?" She strained her eyes. The rider upon the warg was no normal orc. It wasn't even an uruk. No, it was a bulky female with green skin and rusty brown hair. Two small tusk like protrusions stuck out from her bottom lip. It was a strange sight indeed. "Hail," she called out. "Are you here for the dragons too?"

The large woman turned her head, glowering at the Elven noble. Without a response, she looked away, continuing towards to the gated Mansion. Anephera made a thoughtful sound and simply allowed her horse to follow behind the warg. The two women passed under the gate, finding themselves in a flower filled courtyard. The orc was the first to dismount, hopping off her warg. The creature seemed to lay in it's spot, panting softly as the female orc rubbed it's muzzle.

Anephera watched with thinly veiled interest. There was one other man in the courtyard. A human. Anephera cast him a curious glance before she rolled her eyes. A ranger. Of course a ranger would want to hunt the dragons. She gracefully dismounted her horse, looking around the area once more. Where was everyone else? Where were the handlers? Where were all the applicants? Was it really just the three of them? Were they early? Were they too late? All these questions floated about in her mind. Finally, the Orc woman cleared her throat.

"It looks like just the three of us so far. I assume our employers, or the handlers are in that large mansion. I'll pass on being the one to knock on the door. Who knows, perhaps they will come out to greet us. Either way, this is not a good first impression." The woman pushed her rusty hair from her face, her green skin even more unbelievable bathed in sunlight.

Anephera pat her horse softly, before she crossed over to the orc. She cast the ranger a glance and motioned him over as well. Might as well introduce herself to everyone all at once. After all, she hated repeating herself.

The Ranger was still mounted on his horse when the two women rode through the gates, Aidan not helping himself but to let out a sarcastic chuckle at the sight of an orc and elf riding through the gates together. He could understand why the green-skinned woman would want to hunt and slay dragons, but an elf? Since when did they care about any anyone else besides themselves?

Aidan watched them both carefully, taking a special interest in analyzing their behavior towards their companions. As a Rohirrim, the bond he had with his horse meant everything to him, so it interested him to see how others treated their four-legged friends.

The man raised an eyebrow in confusion as the female elf motioned at him to come forward, for no other reason but curiosity as to what she wanted obliging. He gently pulled on Shadow's reins, the horse turning to the left and making its' way over to the two women. Once he arrived, Aidan jumped off of his steed, side-eying the orc for a second before directing his attention to the elf.

Just in that exact same moment, the sound of heavy thudding approaching with every step made the Ranger turn around, his hand already going for his sword - confusion written all over his face when a huge bear sprinted through the gates, transforming mid-run into a woman who only came to a stop when she arrived at the group of three.

"Hello there!", the woman greeted them all with a smile, fixing her wild, curly hair before introducing herself.
"The name's Maerwyn Beornhild. Nice to meet you all. Who are you?"
The only male of the group was the first to reply, however not with his name.
"Never seen a female Beorning before.", Thorne said, the woman he was addressing just smiling again.
"Well now you've met me."

The elven woman was taken aback the female Beorning. Not because she was a woman who could turn into a large bear, but because Anaephera was about to strike up introduction. She did not enjoy having that stolen right from under her nose. She glowered at the woman before she crossed her arms in a pissy manner. "My name is Anephera. Lady Anephera," she stressed, emphasizing her importance to the Elves. "This is my friend, Windmere." She gave her horse a gentle pat, turning her attention to who she thought was the most interesting of the lot.

The Orcish woman didn't miss this and she grunted. "My name is Vardoka. My clan called my Vardoka the Man-Slayer. I prefer Vardok.... Just. Vardok." She spat at the ground. It was obvious from her mannerisms she was not entirely used to polite society, as one might call it. Her attention, barely held by the party of her peers, was still on the castle.

Anephera, offered the orc a false smile before directed her attention to the Ranger and the thunder stealing Beorning. "Well Ranger, it all boils down to you." She cast her gaze on him expectantly, her silver eyes shimmering quietly with veiled disinterest. To be honest, she didn't care for any of them so far. The orc seemed.... interesting enough, she supposed, albeit a little strange. Still, it was a good strange. She seemed to be a tolerable sort. And she had a good point, the fact no one else was here did not bode well for the small, rag-tag party. Where was everyone else?

"Man Slayer?", Maerwyn repeated the Orc's words, not in a condescending tone as many would've expected, but rather in an impressed one. "I like that."
The Beorning glanced around the group, assessing her first impressions of every individual. The elf, Lady Anephera, seemed rather stuck up, believing she was better than anyone, probably thinking that revealing her title would make her more important somehow. Then again, how many elves didn't think like that?

The Orc seemed to be a brute, someone who relied on their sheer strength and didn't put much importance on words. The Ranger appeared to be like every other Ranger out there, the quiet, observing type.
"Aidan Thorne.", he introduced himself, glancing around the group with a rather uninterested expression on his face. He was still unsure what to think about the couple individuals who he'd be teaming up with.
"My horse, Shadow.", the Ranger gestured towards his stallion, who by now had found some interest in the elf's horse.

Just as he'd finished speaking, the doors of the mansion swung open, an elderly man with long silver hair and extravagant clothing stepping out, waving the group towards him.
"I didn't know there would still be interested parties for the dragon hunt.", the male mumbled to himself, before greeting the individuals with a smile.
"Welcome, welcome to my humble housing. I am Sir Ianford, your contractor."
He turned around, gesturing for the others to follow him.
"Come inside, I shall explain everything to you."

The mansion appeared even bigger on the inside than it did on the outside, huge paintings depicting memorable scenes of war victories and dragon slayings hanging on the ginormous walls. The still unfamiliar man lead them through a seemingly never-ending hallway, until he turned to the left to reveal a huge room, a round glass table in the middle, a map spread out on it.
"The last group arrived about two months ago. Never returned. I thought nobody else would want to try to get rid of the dragons, but alas - here you all are."

Anephera was quite surprised to see a little old man approaching them. Vardoka less so. She had assumed this would be the case. "That explains the absence of, well, anyone." She started to follow behind him, gesturing for her warg to remain where he was. Ramdar, the warg, simple rolled onto his back, basking in the warmth of the sun as he rested. She snorted in amusement. "You big softy." Vardoka turned her head just in time to catch Anephera staring rather confused. "Is there a problem, oh might frilly one?"

"Frilly one," Anephera asked, slightly incensed. "First off, I have no frills. So who are you calling frilly, you over chiseled rock." She crossed her arms, clearly offended. "I was merely observing. I've never seen a warg so.... obedient and..... well, friendly, to be frank. He's like a common house dog. And I meant that as a compliment." The elven woman looked to Windmere and gave her a gentle pat. The white horse wiggled its behind, its tail flicking into the air in response. "Good girl." She turned from the horse, looked right over the orc, still insulted, and began to follow the strange old man. With a not so subtle bump of the orc shoulder, she overtook the other woman, officially making her the head of the procession.

The orc snorted once more. Brave elf. Amazingly snobbish, but brave.

Aidan tried to ignore the entire interaction between the two women, not caring less about the elf's little ego and how quickly she felt insulted by the Orc's words. He still didn't understand what an elf was doing at a place like this, designated for warriors and adventures to kill dangerous creatures. She seemed so snobbish, in a way. He could only imagine that she didn't even dare step in dirt because then her shoes would get dirty.

Maerwyn on the other side took interest in the conversation going on between the other two females of the group, cheering the Orc on in her thoughts. Once Anephera followed the older man inside, a still insulted look on her face, the brunette made her way over to Vardoka.
"Your warg's adorable.", she quickly said, flashing her a soft smile before following the rest of the group inside.

Once everyone had made their way through the hallways of the mansion and found themselves in the designated room, Ianford took a seat at the furthest edge of the table, observing his newest group for a moment before speaking up.
"So you're here to slay dragons?", he asked, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms in front of his chest.
"While I do pay you all a great sum of money for every dragon slayed, I am not responsible for any injuries or deaths - should they occur. Understood?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back