• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age Origins: Prelude of War OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Yes but isnt being an untrained wild mage lik er being a beacon of here I am my body is open real estate in the fade?

Her having some normal training to use normal magic before learning blood magic and using the normal magic before revealing blood magic latter seems a lot safer than being wild and untrsined.

Yes but isnt being an untrained wild mage lik er being a beacon of here I am my body is open real estate in the fade?

Her having some normal training to use normal magic before learning blood magic and using the normal magic before revealing blood magic latter seems a lot safer than being wild and untrsined.
If you're flailing your magic all about constantly then yes lol

untrained. Mean arent all mages like beacons to demons just untrained even not using mages just unprotected thus very likely to get possessed.
Oohh I see what you mean. She could just have high willpower though, dunno.

Oohh I see what you mean. She could just have high willpower though, dunno.
I mean easier to have her be simi trained in normal magic to resist demons and have a seeming base point. The blood magic could be a good reason she despite flipping sides never told the family about being a mage and being a full on double agent because even they despite being the good guy family would likely not like a blood mage. This means the character would first use normal magic before resorting to blood magic.

oh The Silent Z The Silent Z Here is my idea for my character
An (half) Orlesian distant cousin/old friend of Cous. I'm still unsure of how to introduce him to the rp since I don't know how the rp would start exactly. Maybe he'll have some problem with the law or bandits and the group help him out of it, after that he just tag along.

Karcen Karcen
I‘ll need you to take some time and work out a timeline of this characters history and detailed info/tie in for the plot. Once done come back and post it here. Thanks

Sopranos Sopranos
Can you expand a little on your character idea?

The Silent Z The Silent Z oh sorry yea that wasn't very informative xD. My character would be an Orlesian distant cousin/childhood friend of Zeddicus, maybe they knew each other due to their family being close. My idea is that my character is a typical Orlesian and somewhat opposite of Zeddicus. Because of this, he doesn't always see eye to eye with Zeddicus. In the past, they might shared a friendly childhood rivalry and always tried to compete with one another.

About his appearance to the rp, my character is on his adventure in Ferelden when the rp takes place. He might get into problem with the local law or bandits and the Cousland would help him out. After that he would decide to tag along and help with the investigation.

About his specialty, he's a rogue archer.

Sopranos Sopranos
Ok. I think that could work fine with the rp though the starting point would be about the same as the games Cousland origin starting point, give or take, so the guards would fit better then bandits, the latter could tie into it all, but getting him out of tough spot with bandits then tagging along with the group after that is too difficult to fit in with the intended starting point of the game. However it would make sense if guards brought him to the castle for sentencing or what have you especially given his ties.

A rogue archer fits nicely with what’s out there so far. Rounds out the classes more with two warriors of different builds and a rogue. Plus potentially a mage.

Robin man Robin man
No problem. But no warden ocs at this stage of the plot. This rp is basically a take on the Cousland origin story and if things played a little differently as well as the Cousland warden not becoming a grey warden. But if you’d like to join we do have a little room for more.

The Silent Z The Silent Z i literally saw on one of the recent post tab, so sorry for not being more knowledgeable for the plot. And I don’t mind being a non-warden character. And the Cousland Origin is possibly my favorite of the bunch

I think I have you on discord might be easier there to get feed back

Okay I don't given you dont want her to be a howe agent anyone you suggest?

Robin man Robin man
No problem. Any advertising that works is cool with me and discussing plot whether familiar with it or new to the group and not sure is all good here. And ok cool.

Also quite agreed on that one. I loved the Cousland origin so much that I’ve played it over and over again while cursing BioWare for no making a dlc to have with it. Haha. The dwarf noble is my other main option and top favorite and feel the same about BioWares lack of dlc or added missions/options for later on for it that I do for the Cousland origin. But... yeah I could talk and ramble the day away with Dragon age and all that good stuff.

But yeah, a ranger specialization works. Or seeing now what you mean, I think it could. Do you have a idea of how to tie them into the plot and circumstance & location of the starting point?

Karcen Karcen
It would be easier here. I haven’t been on discord in ages and everything is already here.

okay yeah also found i don't have you on dms there anyways

anyways so yeah howe agent might not have been there long enough so maybe one working for orlais for a more long term stay?

okay yeah also found i don't have you on dms there anyways

anyways so yeah howe agent might not have been there long enough so maybe one working for orlais for a more long term stay?
Ok. It’s been quite awhile so couldn’t recall that part.

Anyhow, Orlais could work. but are we talking a specific noble family and a motive for why they’d target spying on the Couslands? Plenty of noble families would want to target fereldan and sabotage and what not. But a specific family would be intriguing. A Nice plot twist just needs a little more details here. The mage could be acting as a guest of the couslands on behalf of the person they represent/working for... political games could easily use such methods and give reason to there stay in the castle.

i would have to make up a noble family likely wanting dirt on the family and lots of it along with status reports for some plan my character has no clue about ( she is disposable to the nobles). As for a guest well Orlais doesn't really like elves so i don't think they would send one as any kind of official thus i am thinking she got in through a web of contact and middle men that ended with her hired as a maid or nanny or cook something low level and out of the way.

i would have to make up a noble family likely wanting dirt on the family and lots of it along with status reports for some plan my character has no clue about ( she is disposable to the nobles). As for a guest well Orlais doesn't really like elves so i don't think they would send one as any kind of official thus i am thinking she got in through a web of contact and middle men that ended with her hired as a maid or nanny or cook something low level and out of the way.
Some elves actually have some pretty good positions in orlais especially where it concerns politics and the game. Least 1 though it’s a unique case comes immediately to mind. Not hard to consider another family might find use for one especially if they are disposable and could be more easily denied if they were caught and claimed ties to such a noble. As they’d have less public ties to them being a elf and not a trained guard or operative with more clear ties to the noble family. (Just my thoughts from my POV if I were thinking in such ways)

I think the nanny option is unlikely. Seems like Nan or someone closer to the family would get that role for Oren then a stranger from orlais or stranger of any nationality. Seems like a trust factor that goes a bit deeper I’d think. Servant such as maid or cook assistant is possible to squeeze in. Nan I think was the cook and/or the kitchen/staff lead.

The Silent Z The Silent Z i also really loved the Dwarf Noble story. I also wished they did more with some of the other origins later through the game, with Cousland possibly becoming king of Ferelden? Literally nothing can compare to that.

But I was thinking that maybe my character could work for the Cousland family as like a game warden type deal, making sure the local wildlife is in order and what not. I’ll have to look into Highever more, to get an idea of the local wildlife.

well being any kind of official means she has connection so she gets exposed whatever family sent her isn't instantly incriminated given a elf just wandering in claiming to be some official from another country or guest would require some serious backing especially if it is from some former enemy so i don't think being any kind of guest or official works.

so i guess maid it is i mean she could have been working there for an upwards of 20 years

well being any kind of official means she has connection so she gets exposed whatever family sent her isn't instantly incriminated given a elf just wandering in claiming to be some official from another country or guest would require some serious backing especially if it is from some former enemy so i don't think being any kind of guest or official works.

so i guess maid it is i mean she could have been working there for an upwards of 20 years
20 years is a bit a long for a con, but I agree that an elf wouldn't work as an official.

it is an upwards of 20 years so anytime under that is good i mean 10 or 15 to worm your way in and more or less just become a well known and none suspect person seems reasonable

Huh? A rep of the family can be a elf or human or whoever as they’d be a messenger of sorts not a official. (Two different terms imo.) I never said official. Actually is more realistic imo then a orelsian noble family working a web of contacts, works through a middle man just to get a operative hired as a maid in another country. Even for spy work that’s a lot of hassle and commitment. Are they working multiple noble families like that? Because then I could see it making more sense... a sleeper agent within every noble house is quite a underground to set up a future sabotage of the entire nation and build into a larger picture, also feeds into the fereldan and Orlais tension that already exists. But a single family for dirt on just them is less likely if using the maid route like that. 20 years for a con is highly unlikely.

The Silent Z The Silent Z i also really loved the Dwarf Noble story. I also wished they did more with some of the other origins later through the game, with Cousland possibly becoming king of Ferelden? Literally nothing can compare to that.

But I was thinking that maybe my character could work for the Cousland family as like a game warden type deal, making sure the local wildlife is in order and what not. I’ll have to look into Highever more, to get an idea of the local wildlife.
Agreed. Though I’d argue it would be far more satisfying if the dwarf noble got to return home as the paragon king or queen of Orzammar after all that happened there as the ultimate happy ending. Allows both fereldan and orzammar with a possibility of a golden era in the epilogue.

That idea could work. I believe they are right on the coast near the ocean so plenty of game to work with I’d imagine. Though going off memory that’s a tad rusty with my time away from the game.

Huh? A rep of the family can be a elf or human or whoever as they’d be a messenger of sorts not a official. (Two different terms imo.) I never said official. Actually is more realistic imo then a orelsian noble family working a web of contacts, works through a middle man just to get a operative hired as a maid in another country. Even for spy work that’s a lot of hassle and commitment. Are they working multiple noble families like that? Because then I could see it making more sense... a sleeper agent within every noble house is quite a underground to set up a future sabotage of the entire nation and build into a larger picture, also feeds into the fereldan and Orlais tension that already exists. But a single family for dirt on just them is less likely if using the maid route like that. 20 years for a con is highly unlikely.

for having lots of infiltrators all over i would say yes just so they have even the most basic news on most of the goings on of various families. as for the official thing i just mean for them to a re p they would have to be endorsed by a family there would be a thing that they officially work for and represent this family thus anything they do is likely on said family's orders. as for them using that method of middle men and such the character could only know they did that with her but they would likely again have spies all over she just would have no clue about them so she can't rat any out under torture. Again my character won't really know that much she may not even fully know who she is working for if we want it super mysterious

as for the time table again that is a max time not sure what would be a decent time frame as the family would need time to more or less let her blend in being the new maid is rarely good for spying. i am open to suggestions for time frames.

i am just wanting to avoid spending time in the circle as being like 80% of my characters life. if there is a good way to avoid that i am open to better alternitives just blood mage is only make i know how to play lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back