• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age Origins: Prelude of War OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

The Silent Z

Just Here
Yo and hello folks of this Rp. The intro of this rp shall be my placed on hold for now til things are fleshed out with characters and roles and etc. in the meantime your welcome to chat here and discuss ideas, ask questions and etc.​

So I'll be playing a warrior in place of Ser Gilmore. Not sure yet if I'm going male or female. What is everyone else thinking for their character?

So I'll be playing a warrior in place of Ser Gilmore. Not sure yet if I'm going male or female. What is everyone else thinking for their character?
I’ll be taking the youngest Cousland spot and making them a two-handed warrior build. (Male) got a pretty good idea for his character traits and how I’d write for him too. ^^

I’ll be taking the youngest Cousland spot and making them a two-handed warrior build. (Male) got a pretty good idea for his character traits and how I’d write for him too. ^^
Nice!! I was think if going sword and shield :> I'm going to play an Andrastian, since my characters usually hate the chantry lol. Does that mean a Fergus like role is open?? Or is he still gonna be there with his wife and son chillin?

Nice!! I was think if going sword and shield :> I'm going to play an Andrastian, since my characters usually hate the chantry lol. Does that mean a Fergus like role is open?? Or is he still gonna be there with his wife and son chillin?
Awesome! Yeah haha, I recall that trait amongst your characters except maybe that qunari you built for a inquisition type rp or the game? Lol. But yeah Fergus role is open and Oriana as well as Oren unless none are taken then they will be the NPC’s we all know from the game and possibly loved or liked. And yes, just like the game they/he or she (pending if taken and gender) will be there chillin for the time being.

I kind of want to make a mage that was an agent for howe but turned double agent after awhile. Thinking an elf and maybe a never circled apostate possably having learned some then latter sworn off blood magic after realizing people were right about its dangers. Likely works in the castle as a maid cook or nanny something unassuming but able to get near to the family.

I kind of want to make a mage that was an agent for howe but turned double agent after awhile. Thinking an elf and maybe a never circled apostate possably having learned some then latter sworn off blood magic after realizing people were right about its dangers. Likely works in the castle as a maid cook or nanny something unassuming but able to get near to the family.
No, sorry, that idea won’t fit with this rp. The mage role will be limited to only a couple of options in how they fit into highever and why they’re in the castle. That is not one of them. A mage in the castle would need a stronger tie then that and the agent of Howe link wouldn’t be it.

Just passed the tower of Ishal mission and I don’t know why it bothers me now or why I didn’t question it sooner (Back during my old play through s) ... but how did a ogre get up to each level of the tower without busting the walls and doors to fit his massive body? And did Flemeth as a giant bird have to bust open a section of the tower to pull off her own feat as well? Lol.

Just passed the tower of Ishal mission and I don’t know why it bothers me now or why I didn’t question it sooner (Back during my old play through s) ... but how did a ogre get up to each level of the tower without busting the walls and doors to fit his massive body? And did Flemeth as a giant bird have to bust open a section of the tower to pull off her own feat as well? Lol.
Huh. I thought I remembered there being an opening through the ceiling Flemeth swooped down from, but now that you mention it... how tf did the ogre get up there?

You might be able to still do an apostate if your character has been able to keep their magic well hidden and possibly works in the castle as a servant?
Edit: Shit wait that's kinda already what you proposed at the end- my bad.

Huh. I thought I remembered there being an opening through the ceiling Flemeth swooped down from, but now that you mention it... how tf did the ogre get up there?

You might be able to still do an apostate if your character has been able to keep their magic well hidden and possibly works in the castle as a servant?
Edit: Shit wait that's kinda already what you proposed at the end- my bad.
Right lol. I kinda forgot the ceiling idea, never really saw it since it doesn’t come into view in the game and might have missed and forgotten it’s mentioning. But that Ogre must of been magic haha to get up there cause I don’t remember any large openings on my way up to the higher levels of the tower like third and final level.

One option would be a non Howe agent with years of service or ties to highever. Though how a apostate could hide their magic and still learn magic in that way is quite the obstacle as Templar’s tend to exist in every city and most villages I think. Plenty of eyes and mouths for tattling and Templar’s aren’t complete fools.

Right lol. I kinda forgot the ceiling idea, never really saw it since it doesn’t come into view in the game and might have missed and forgotten it’s mentioning. But that Ogre must of been magic haha to get up there cause I don’t remember any large openings on my way up to the higher levels of the tower like third and final level.

One option would be a non Howe agent with years of service or ties to highever. Though how a apostate could hide their magic and still learn magic in that way is quite the obstacle as Templar’s tend to exist in every city and most villages I think. Plenty of eyes and mouths for tattling and Templar’s aren’t complete fools.

Well the idea is they were there for years in order to turn sides and are older thus learned their before getting caught and made into an agent. This means their magic is well lacking in most respects. As to who she could be an agent for I am not sure given the whole former blood mage thing the employer has to be a less than moral person.

Well the idea is they were there for years in order to turn sides and are older thus learned their before getting caught and made into an agent. This means their magic is well lacking in most respects. As to who she could be an agent for I am not sure given the whole former blood mage thing the employer has to be a less than moral person.
I think if maybe the blood mage idea was dropped it could still be doable. Perhaps your character doesn't know the details of the plot but used to work for the Howe's (or owed him a favor) and is currently spying on the family.

I think if maybe the blood mage idea was dropped it could still be doable. Perhaps your character doesn't know the details of the plot but used to work for the Howe's (or owed him a favor) and is currently spying on the family.

Well the blood mage thing is because there are ways to learn that fast so she could have skills there. That can also be really good black mail aginst her by howe ir any other.

Maybe she is an Orlais agent with a similar circumstance

Well the blood mage thing is because there are ways to learn that fast so she could have skills there. That can also be really good black mail aginst her by howe ir any other.

Maybe she is an Orlais agent with a similar circumstance
Hawke's family moved around a bit and was able to keep (up to) three apostates hidden. It's possible your character just moved a lot or lived in small towns and Howe somehow found out she was a mage. Just being a mage alone is enough blackmail, she doesn't have to be a blood mage too, that's a lot easier to detect, ya know?

Hawke's family moved around a bit and was able to keep (up to) three apostates hidden. It's possible your character just moved a lot or lived in small towns and Howe somehow found out she was a mage. Just being a mage alone is enough blackmail, she doesn't have to be a blood mage too, that's a lot easier to detect, ya know?
Maybe but it dosent really then explain how a likely 40vyear old woman as n practicing magic fir 20 or so years before having to stop is only as skilled as a newly minted apprentice. Also a lot harder to openly turn when your a blood mage than when you are a normal even in the good guy family. I mean is a blood mage easier to find if they no longer use blood magic or practice magic st all ?

Maybe but it dosent really then explain how a likely 40vyear old woman as n practicing magic fir 20 or so years before having to stop is only as skilled as a newly minted apprentice. Also a lot harder to openly turn when your a blood mage than when you are a normal even in the good guy family. I mean is a blood mage easier to find if they no longer use blood magic or practice magic st all ?
She could have always, not used magic, or used it only in emergency situations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back